Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,049 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) (31877 Views)

Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. / Welcome To Anambra State Thread:the Light Of The Nation / Lagos State: The Pride Of The South West.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tr3y(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
JANK23H: Pls where are u from in the SW?Don't mention Ekiti or Osun o,because I'll so attack you eh...I know Bayelsa has still not acheived up to its potential,but it is better than most SW states apart from Lagos & maybe Ibadan.

For ya mind, the most developed part of Bayelsa which obviously is Yenegoa does not measure up to the level of development in most SW state capital and its an oil producing states for that matter, other parts of Bayelsa are pure village for example Biseni that I'm serving in is a total village and its also an oil producing community oooo, don't even get me started with the low IQ students here in Bayelsa. All the people care about is slots in oil companies with nothing upstairs. I pity y'all.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by JANK23H(m): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
tr3y:

For ya mind, the most developed part of Bayelsa which obviously is Yenegoa does not measure up to the level of development in most SW state capital and its an oil producing states for that matter, other parts of Bayelsa are pure village for example Biseni that I'm serving in is a total village and its also an oil producing community oooo, don't even get me started with the low IQ students here in Bayelsa. All the people care about is slots in oil companies with nothing upstairs. I pity y'all.
tell me where you come from.I served in the SW too;Ekiti so I know about low IQ.All that talk about most educated in the country is thrash.I've also been to all the SW states too FYI.You guys come online and sound like your place is paradise,whereas they are all mud settlements.I can confidently beat my chest and say that Sagbama my LGA and my village precisely is better than a lot of your places,it may b a village,but it's a lot better because there are no mud houses there.Let's see pictures of biseni village & your village.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by samuelorugbani: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
You fool @berem, how dare u insult my state n my president... Bad belle like you... Can u even rule ur own household? Anuofia.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Ikwerreboy(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Woow nice. long live Niger delta republic....
Niger delta is getting more and more beautiful dan all part of biafra. if am lying den prove me wrong with your pictures.
and let me feed you with beautiful pictures frm calabar,portharcourt,uyo,benin and now bayelsa..
hahaha ana no reach. i min u igbos u are land lock..
Niger delta republic we stand.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by topemirates(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
Seeing these pictures reminds me of Bayelsa State, to be sincere, those pics were taken from different directions but still on d same street... y not go off d major tombia-otiotio-ekeki-amarata-azikoro road and go deep down d streets? Let peeps see what lies down there lol..
Anyway, nothing nothing for bayelsa o, just water everywhere, seriake dickson dancing azonto will all d oyel money!
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Ikwerreboy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
topemirates: Seeing these pictures reminds me of Bayelsa State, to be sincere, those pics were taken from different directions but still on d same street... y not go off d major tombia-otiotio-ekeki-amarata-azikoro road and go deep down d streets? Let peeps see what lies down there lol..
Anyway, nothing nothing for bayelsa o, just water everywhere, seriake dickson dancing azonto will all d oyel money!

see dis igbo monkey.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by mezebel(f): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
kmariko:

Just asking... How old is Houston
wait let's hear from goggle!!!!
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tr3y(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
JANK23H: tell me where you come from.I served in the SW too;Ekiti so I know about low IQ.All that talk about most educated in the country is thrash.I've also been to all the SW states too FYI.You guys come online and sound like your place is paradise,whereas they are all mud settlements.I can confidently beat my chest and say that Sagbama my LGA and my village precisely is better than a lot of your places,it may b a village,but it's a lot better because there are no mud houses there.Let's see pictures of biseni village & your village.

Talking about mud house, well I have not seen any but I have seen undercompleted building been inhabited. I'm talking of houses with no ceiling, doors or windows.
I'm not saying Bayelsa is not developed to some extent but when you add the fact that its an oil producing state to the equation, it becomes unbalanced. Its just an issue of expectations anyway coz I expected the state to be more developed than this. Falls way below expectation of an oil producing state.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Bigsteveg(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sloan: Houston, a city in Texas is oil producing as Bayelsa. Now, I will not even compare them in any way but why on earth can't ALL these roads even be marked and well delineated and landscaped? Yes, I know this was the best or one of the best roads you found and took a picture of but I am surprised you do not see this is a disgrace? Yet Bayelsa has a population of less than 2 M but a budget topping almost all the other states when you factor in their oil derivation component? So, in essence from Alamadeighna and Jonathan and the 2 loonies that came after him, they still could not make one proper marking on that stretch of road? No sidewalk on that very long stretch?

Na the same road the mumu guy dey even show.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Bigsteveg(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: Snapping pictures of the same road in different angles and calling it a pride of the nation is an insult to Bayelsans and Jonathan. Chino,you deserve a ban!!

grin grin

I tot i was d only one dat noticed it ni. He not only deserve a ban but a brain check.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Bigsteveg(m): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
chinolization: .

Na only one road u get for Bayelsa? Cos am only seeing one road snapped @ different kms
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by JANK23H(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
tr3y:

Talking about mud house, well I have not seen any but I have seen undercompleted building been inhabited. I'm talking of houses with no ceiling, doors or windows.
I'm not saying Bayelsa is not developed to some extent but when you add the fact that its an oil producing state to the equation, it becomes unbalanced. Its just an issue of expectations anyway coz I expected the state to be more developed than this. Falls way below expectation of an oil producing state.
That I agree with you.It's a reflection of the country in general.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Rossikki: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
They need to add sidewalks to those roads. This is the 21st century for crying out loud. You don't just build a road and expect pedestrians to walk along the sand and mud.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by dontjealousme: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Abagworo: They discriminate much against Igbos though.

Chinolization is there any truth in the above or are these APC clowns at it again?
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Rogers210(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
Nothing impressive
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by alabiyemmy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: What makes it "Pride of the Nation"? The slogan will cease to exist when Jonathan steps down in 2015.

Rubbish!! angry

This slogan has been in existence long before GEJ became President dumbo.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Atmmachine(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
If bayelsa is the pride of the nation, what then is Lagos ?
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
BuddahMonk: Ibadam is an ancient city just like Alexandria in Egypt, ibadam is home to Nigeria premier and first university, Ibadam have never witness any human disaster like war, ibadam have never seen any natural disaster like earthquake, ibadam have been the capital of old western region from the when Pope was still an alterboy.

In 2099 Ibadam will not be compared with Alexandria because ibadam have grown to be the biggest and largest slum not just in Africa but the whole world, Ibadam is home to clusters of brownies, ibadam poverty definition is different from the IMF definition, World Bank is yet to reach ibadam to see that some nigerian are living below $1 per day is a glorifying the country.
Ibadam is the only place where tenants are ask if they want a house with toilet or the one without, ibadam has the highest number of houses built with red muds that is why erosion is disturbing us in the East.

If the Waste should reduced the rate at which they use red muds in their buildings, believe me the erosion menace in the East will be moderate or a thing of the past.

FOLLOWING THIS GENIUS..
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by chimzy2u: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
If it weren't 4 d OIL, Nasarawa wld've been las vegas compared 2 BY. Dnt be fooled, BY is a very dry state. There's absolutely nothing 2 raise an eyebrow. Kudos tho. Given d fact dat dey are less dan 20yrs old. I remember reciting bayelsa local govts wen reciting rivers state local govt n hdquters. Dey r quite young.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
BuddahMonk: Ibadam is an ancient city just like Alexandria in Egypt, ibadam is home to Nigeria premier and first university, Ibadam have never witness any human disaster like war, ibadam have never seen any natural disaster like earthquake, ibadam have been the capital of old western region from the when Pope was still an alterboy.

In 2099 Ibadam will not be compared with Alexandria because ibadam have grown to be the biggest and largest slum not just in Africa but the whole world, Ibadam is home to clusters of brownies, ibadam poverty definition is different from the IMF definition, World Bank is yet to reach ibadam to see that some nigerian are living below $1 per day is a glorifying the country.
Ibadam is the only place where tenants are ask if they want a house with toilet or the one without, ibadam has the highest number of houses built with red muds that is why erosion is disturbing us in the East.

If the Waste should reduced the rate at which they use red muds in their buildings, believe me the erosion menace in the East will be moderate or a thing of the past.

I visited SW...Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo a week a go and have to confess I left in tears. Let me say this as clearly as I can, SW besides Lagos( well former capital and other tribes own 80% of Lagos development and investments) SW is the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria. The level of poverty in SW is beyond belief; I couldn't believe it. My wife couldn't hold back her tears at the dreadful condition these people were living under. I'm from Cross River, I have traveled to all regions and have to say this. Had to hurriedly leave the region; just couldn't stand such a place. How do these people feel comfortable living under such abject conditions? The irony is a lot of Southwesters on Nairaland tout the region as very developed, giving people the false illusion.

How do one petition UN of this situation?

A study was done on this 5 yrs ago, the findings reflect the current situation.
https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by amadice(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2014

...hahahahahahahahahahahahah LWKMD....rolls on d floor laughing...dont mind dem...na envy go kill dem
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by JANK23H(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
new2020:

I visited SW...Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo a week a go and have to confess I left in tears. Let me say this as clearly as I can, SW besides Lagos( well former capital and other tribes own 80% of Lagos development and investments) SW is the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria. The level of poverty in SW is beyond belief; I couldn't believe it. My wife couldn't hold back her tears at the dreadful condition these people were living under. I'm from Cross River, I have traveled to all regions and have to say this. Had to hurriedly leave the region; just couldn't stand such a place. How do these people feel comfortable living under such abject conditions? The irony is a lot of Southwesters on Nairaland tout the region as very developed, giving people the false illusion.

You've said it all.The level of underdevelopment in the SW is outrageous,but the way the talk down on other regions u'll think the SW is paradise on earth.It's only in the SW you'll see goats sleeping with a man in the same room.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by onitshaigbo(m): 12:19am On Jul 25, 2014
God bless Bayelsa! God bless Biafra! Governor Joystickson, job well done!
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by laurel03(m): 4:42am On Jul 25, 2014
new2020:

A study was done on this 5 yrs ago, the findings reflect the current situation.
https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west
yet your people are in southwest doing housemaid and gateman... eg ekaete,kufre,epeyong.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
laurel03: yet your people are in southwest doing housemaid and gateman... eg ekaete,kufre,epeyong.

This is the problem with yorubas; someone points out a pressing problem facing you guys with facts, you resort to tribal cheap shot. I can assure that there is not SS, SE in SW besides Lagos.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiander: 12:01am On Sep 05, 2015
the house with the lake is nice, hope they're treating it to keep away mosquitos.
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiander: 12:06am On Sep 05, 2015
didn't know they were building another law school in Yenagoa:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/south-south-campus-of-nigerian-law-school-takes-off/
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiah01: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
hm, seems they have their own "Eko Atlantic" in the making:

Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiah01: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiah01: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiah01: 7:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nigerian Law School, Yenagoa

Re: Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) by tpiah01: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Yenagoa contd:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Niugini Plane Lands In The Ocean, Overshoots Runway In Micronesia / Foetus Blocking FlySafair Plane’s Toilet In South Africa Found By Cleaner / UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.