Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? (4586 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / My Gf Travelled Abroad ,do U Think Thats D End / What Should A Naija Girl Abroad Do To Have A Husband In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by curly: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2006
i am very much in love with my afincee and he loves me too. But d problem is that he will be travelling abroad very soon and i dont know if he will come back to me.he keeps promising me he will come back but i dont want to wait 4 him and at d end, be left brokenhearted as has been the case with many of my friends. what do i do?
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Hotstepper(f): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2006
wait for him and monitor him. If there is any change at any point, you will see the signal, Be prayerful to
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by jacq(f): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2006
If he is really the one u are met to spend ur life with no matter where he lives in this world
there will always be a way .
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by casper(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2006
see where there is life there is hope, if you have made up your mind to stay with him ,, God will make a way.

i have being away from my girlfriend for over a year now and we are still dating ,,,, the factors that determine them are ,

Trust: which i believe yours is already shaky.

Communication. depends on country.

Decision. and so many others.

you might ask i do i acheive all this.

i trusted her from the begining,

i call her every SINGLE day {$2 card to talk everyday} although some times we dont have anything to say but i just love hearing her voice and she also calls me but not as long as i would and sometimes we talk for over 4 hours and it is not enough and sometimes we talk and just sleep off, ,,,,,lol

Decision; i decided to marry her when i was at home and she agreed so we prayed and still have faith,,,,,,,,

just keep yourself focused. God is Good
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Izzo(m): 3:22am On Jul 20, 2006
I think if you know within yourself that you really love him and he also does the same. You should also put all your hope in God's hands, because it's not an easy thing to stay far away from someone you truly love with every fiber of your being.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by diddy4(m): 3:42am On Jul 20, 2006
i will be back for more but just have hope will ya? dont quit now.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by kimba(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2006
he might already be going out with someone on NL!!
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by boladonas(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2006
Get Plan B ready
God gives us brains so that we can use it
Make him ur No 1
but have ur fall back position
If he messes up anytime during the relationship,
u have a disaster recovery plan
Out of sight is ALWAYS out of mind
Learn from my experience
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by ima1(f): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2006
please, give me a break n move on. there is no way he is gonna be faithful, u only see it in nigerian movies, trust me when he leaves the country his eyes go open to the temptation around, n having a long distance relationship doesn't work, i didn't really up with my boyfriend before i left naija, i thought the long distance thing was gonna work, but trust me i've been here for 5 years n all these while he has written less than 10 times and we were in a 2 year relationship, so when i went back for holidays he tried to get back with me but i didn't feel anything for him. all i am trying to say is that you should move on, bcoz he is gonna do the same.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by harvey(m): 10:23am On Dec 04, 2006
it all depends on the communication and trust between u both,and if u know ad feel he truly loves u,all u have to do is go to God in prayers and ask for his grace and to give ur man the grace to stand by u through thick and thin,and his grace is ever surfficient.be strong and positive.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by babyboy2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2006
distance in any relationship is always a thorn.having said that,follow your heart sis,
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2006
hhhhhmmmm undecided follow your heart.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by babyboy2(m): 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

hhhhhmmmm undecided follow your heart.

embarassed
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Busta(f): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2006
@ Topic

gurl, don't waste ur time waiting for some boi. Move on with ur life and meet other people. If u're meant to be, y'a both will connect back together one way or the other.

distance does kills relationships, don't be deceived with all the i'll wait for u talk. It don't work!
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2006
@baby boy
what is it? why the embarrassement,as much as i won't advice her to wait for him.the best thing is if she knows he is worth waiting for then its her decision undecided
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by fellow(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2006
Busta:

@ Topic

girl, don't waste your time waiting for some boi. Move on with your life and meet other people. If u're meant to be, y'a both will connect back together one way or the other.

distance does kills relationships, don't be deceived with all the i'll wait for u talk. It don't work!

Well a good true story is mine.I was dating this girl when she told me she was going to yankee, this was 3 years ago and promised heaven on heart about not leaving me, Story, we were so tight about 3 months when she got there, always calling and sending mails, chatting.You name it (even f**king through the phone) grin
But 1 year to her stay and we lost contact which she blamed on her school work. I can't remember the last time we talked again since then, probably a year ago, i don't even feel what i felt for her back then. I guess the saying goes "The Nearest is the Dearest"

Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by bigben3: 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2008
It depends on how long the lover boy is going to be away smiley,if it's for a long time without home coming or your chance of joining him,then will advice you don't enter into any serious commitment with him as this could be heart broken if at the end of the day it doesn't click.Let's be realistic,time and distance has a way of making the best of relationship looks so imperfect due to no fault of anybody.Be practical and real.wish you all the best
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by SweetT1: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Curly

Another Naija girl mentality. Do you even love this guy? or you in it for the benefit. If you love him i'm sure you will give him a chance and see what happens, If he messes up then do what you have to do but make up your Dang mind if you want him or you want another rich guy for Naija.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by nekkyo(f): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
sweetheart put ur trus in God , if the man is yours Gpd will help put things in place for him fast so he can come for ur hand properly in marriage. but if he is going there to huzzle not as a geniune immigrant, he may do odd things like marrying a foreigner to find his feet and in the process may get stuck. but as ur scared he might cheat, don't cheat also urself untill yuo are supposed to, when is obvious is not working out again. best of luck[
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by shylladear(f): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
wait for him if you realy love him

but never be too sure of cause you might be the one to leave the relationship before he does
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by BangBang2(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2008
@poster

wait and CONTINUE WAITING TILL THY KINGDOM COMETH!!!
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by sistawoman: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2008
Where is he going and for how long?
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by lonelypal(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2008
shylladear:

wait for him if you realy love him

but never be too sure of cause you might be the one to leave the relationship before he does

yeah u got to be smart n observant here,

Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by sammy6(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2008
dont
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by lucabrasi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
is he going there to study or generally as an economic migrant?either way both of you should set a realistic time for yu to either go meet him abroad or when he will be planning to come back home,maybe leaving a window of a couple of months either way,its not that hard for a guy who is really serious to commit himself in that manner,if he doesnt do so or if he gets there and doesnt adhere to the set time,then its ultimatum time and move on if he fails
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by chika98: 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2008
2006 thread and you guys are here giving advice. She don born pikin since then sef. Y'all need to move on lol
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by manmustwac(m): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
chika98:

2006 thread and you guys are here giving advice. She don born pikin since then sef. Y'all need to move on lol
some people no dey look date when they reply to a thread, besides people learn from other people's ,mistakes
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by rubi(f): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2008
manmustwac:

some people no dey look date when they reply to a thread

Na true
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 24, 2008
I would not. too young to waste my life embarassed
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Gabry(f): 5:51am On Jul 24, 2008
Poster, in any relationships, there are always a 50/50 chances on getting your heart break. Its like a lottery. You never know when you will loose your money or when you will hit the jack pot. So since you have decided to be in a relationship, these are the risk which you should be willing to take.

Secondly, in a relationship, you must always see yourself first before other people and ask yourself these questions:-
1) Do I really love him like as in I value him to be with me?
2) Do I trust him?
3) Am I willing to share all of his burdens till death do us part?

If its yes to the three of them, than you should wait for him (if you have doubts because of the long distance, I know that you actually dont really love him, do you know that?) - I know this myself because I have had long distance relationships as well before. If no to either one of them especially the trust factor, then break it off and move on with life. Theres no point to engage yourself in a relationship if you dont trust your man.

lastly, I would advise you to pleaseeeeeee for the love of God, never ever make decisions because of what you see in your other friends. Not everybody will have the same fate you and I know that very well.

Ok girl, Good luck to you in making the right decision and all the best.Learn from every mistakes and you shall be fine.
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by Frizy(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2008
My sister there are two sides to a coin. You can bank on him if he is very serious with you. But you know as well that girls abroad are very appealing and they could make you forget about your hommies. Does he still call you?
Re: Fiancee Abroad: Do I Wait For Him? by chiegemba(f): 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2008
@poster; Does really take d grace of God. . . i guess with time u wld find out what u need 2 do. . . "good luck though"!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does She Mean When She Playfully Tells You That You Are SHORT / Majina Ya Wanafunzi Waliochaguliwa Kujiunga Na Jeshi La Polisi 2015 / Can This Picture Be True About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.