Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? (9140 Views)

You Can Have Male Friends Without Sleeping With Them! / Why Do Ladies Ignore Their Male Friends On Social Networks? / Married Woman Dies During Intimacy With Married Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by cjexcel(m): 1:47am On Oct 16, 2008
Hello ladies, i really enjoyed reading ur posts here, at least some of u were plain and straight while some, never mind.sauron gave it out black n white,my view is that it wouldnt be wrong for one to think low of a girl who keeps married men as friends.however the motive is always the reference point,still keeping it here ladies.cheers n dont snub,u scare us off, lol
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by chika98: 4:00am On Oct 16, 2008
I think I feel safer being around a guy thats married because then he can't bug my life to date me and even if he does, I have a perfect excuse to say no!!

Really? How convenient is this? Na wa oo
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ochiaha1(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2008
@Poster, you are either :

1. A Tomboy, because you have male siblings ahead of you whom you looked up to when you were a young child (were you playing football with them? cheesy)

2. Your profession is a male-dominated one (e.g the military) , that might explain why you come across many of them.

3. You might be a very practical person who does not care about the pettiness or fashion-consciousness of your fellow women and so find it more relaxing being with men.

So, which of the above best describes you
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by eudio(f): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2008
there is no big deal in having male friends, whether married or single.
as a matter of fact, they dont have stress.
majority of my friends are guys.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2008
ochi-aha:

@Poster, you are either :

1. A Tomboy, because you have male siblings ahead of you whom you looked up to when you were a young child (were you playing football with them? cheesy)

2. Your profession is a male-dominated one (e.g the military) , that might explain why you come across many of them.

3. You might be a very practical person who does not care about the pettiness or fashion-consciousness of your fellow women and so find it more relaxing being with men.

So, which of the above best describes you

All of the above!!!

But basically I know I dont care what people think about me. I'm more concerned with what I think about something and if I have no qualms woth it, I go right ahead and do it.

@ Ayomiful and Carmelily, sorry am answering this question late but I felt self concious because one mischevious guy kept on making jokes about it all through. embarassed
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifyalways(f): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2008
Ujujoan:

All of the above!!!

But basically I know I don't care what people think about me. I'm more concerned with what I think about something and if I have no qualms woth it, I go right ahead and do it.

@ Ayomiful and Carmelily, sorry am answering this question late but I felt self concious because one mischevious guy kept on making jokes about it all through. embarassed
hehe Uju
The 3rd line is contradicting the 2nd line tongue
you were conscious because you care a bit about what the guy said cheesy whatever you are not so comfortable with . . undecided count your teeth
whatever girl,just tread with care and caution. kiss
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2008
ifyalways:

hehe Uju
The 3rd line is contradicting the 2nd line tongue
you were conscious because you care a bit about what the guy said cheesy whatever you are not so comfortable with . . undecided count your teeth
whatever girl,just tread with care and caution. kiss

Yea maybe, I was self concious at that point because they were all making fun of me, but ordinarily . . .I couldnt have cared less.

Thanks for the advise girl, I'll try kiss
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by carmelily: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2008
@ujujoan

Don't mind them. Just trust your conscience and act within the bounds of decency and respect for all concerned. I understand where you're coming from. i'm there lol wink
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Easybaby(f): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2008
In fact only one is still unmarried and[b] i don't think that he will ever get married.[/b]

lol . .you wicked grin grin grin

@poster . . . I can't mingle with married men sad angry
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Laurnetta(f): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2008
knew them b4 they got married or not, your association with married men should be kept to the barest minimum. no matter how you look at it or try to justify it, people would always look at u funny esp seein as you are single. undecided
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by kaylala(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2008
undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by gamechange(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ poster

Read over your post and correct errors so it is easy to digest.

There always has to be an odd one out (you in this case). When you do marry, then it will be another thing like - how come i'm always surrounded with married people with their kids, keep that brain working.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by zeora(f): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2008
That the same thing I'm going through, He's engage then he Said I'm second friend next to his fiance. I'm so confuse
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2008
gamechange:

@ poster

Read over your post and correct errors so it is easy to digest.

There always has to be an odd one out (you in this case). When you do marry, then it will be another thing like - how come i'm always surrounded with married people with their kids, keep that brain working.

Oga grammar!! Why dont you help me with the corrections I can barely get what I have out and you are going on about errors.

Sabi sabi tongue tongue You are even predicting my future for me. What are you My own personal 'correcting angel' tongue tongue
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Angolobabe(f): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2008
its doesnt sound good to me,if u want to have male friends do that with single male not married ones,if u knew them beofre marriage u can have a casual friendship with them with limits and boundaries.no going to parties alone with them.

i do trust my hubby but as  a married woman i can't allow my husband having a SINGLE female friend and partying alone with them without me. ur steering up problems between him and his wife.put a stop to that.its not healthy why destroy a happy home,u don't even care about his wife´s feeling how would u feel if the case was reverse?
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ayomifull(f): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2008
Angolobabe:

its doesnt sound good to me,if u want to have male friends do that with single male not married ones,if u knew them beofre marriage u can have a casual friendship with them with limits and boundaries.no going to parties alone with them.

Like if she's having a party she should not invite them simply because they are married?

Angolobabe:

i do trust my hubby but as  a married woman i can't allow my husband having a SINGLE female friend and partying alone with them without me.

So she should write off all her friends because they are furtunate enough to have been married while she is 'unfurtunate' to be unmarried. Or so that he will not sleep around with them? As if my being there/not being there will prevent him from being promiscous if he is a dog!

Angolobabe:

ur steering up problems between him and his wife.

Really? The wife must be a very insecured wife. I wonder if she can ever allow her husband travel alone on holiday or business then.

Angolobabe:

not healthy why destroy a happy home,

How is she destroying a home? because she invited her friends who are married to her party? Kai i wonder o.

Angolobabe:

,u don't even care about his wife´s feeling

What feeling please? Did she state in her IV that wives are not invited to the party?

Angolobabe:

how would u feel if the case was reverse?

I am married for 9 years now and my husband has female and male friends both married and unmarried just as i have male friends both married and unmarried although most of them are married now. So we should have disowned our single friends on our wedding day and when they get married we apply to be their friends again?

My marriage does not lack security a bit so we are both free to enjoy our lives in a Godly way and marriage to us is not a boundage which should now change our lives miserably. 

No wonder some people are so afraid of marriage and see it as a boundage sort of.

Uju let your conscience judge you but don't DISOWN your married friends o because when you are married and want them back they may not be available to be your friends again and if you know how important good friends are!
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ Ayo

Thank you o jare!! I dint have the strength to respond to that 'babe'.

Meanwhile @ gamechange, another close friend of mine is wedding this Sarturday. Should I start boning him too after the wedding
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by 1Bishop(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2008
Friends, good friends, ,

I always 'feel' when people talk of friends. I wish I actually had friends, whether male or female.

Just friends.

I enjoy this thread. Please keep it up
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by neowelsh(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2008
No big deal honey, just do what makes you happy.

aside that. guys are actually easier 2 hang out with.
and also they are less dramatic.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2008
Some girls are just not the Girly Girly type, I also have 90% male friends, most of them older, most of them married. and wiser and so i tap some wisdom from them. I hat\rdly have time to sit and talk endlessly about clothes, shoes and asosebi with girls my age since thats almost all they seem to care about. I just started my own organization and my male married friends have been unbeliviably supportive and encouraging. Infact they dont address me as a chick, they call me "My Guy". Its lots of fun and learing plus you dont have to pretend

I feel you girl, dont mind all the bickering enjoying your friendship.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by neowelsh(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2008
i love that

aisha2

thanks
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by thehomer: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2008
Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. One shouldn't discriminate just 'cos the friends happen to be married.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by eemtee(f): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2008
Its cool havin married males as friends.You can tap from their knowledge if they're older than you at least.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by hughhefner: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2008
its easy 4 the girls
cos all they do is search 4 a ready made and go 4 it
its more time 4 guys
cos they have to do a lot of hustling first
b4 life is been planned
no girl will want to wait 4 that
that why love sucks
get ur cash guys
then they will come begging 4 marrage undecided
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by TmeD0(m): 5:13am On Oct 21, 2008
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by fyneguy: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2008
I dont think it's healthy hanging around married men. You may end up causing frictions in their homes. Wives getting suspicious n stuffs, even when you are just friends. Would u like to see your husband hanging around some single gurls? he tells you "honey, dont worry she's just a friend"

As per ladies being spiteful and ''bitchy", you all complain: "i prefer male friends jare, ladies are bitchy". , hence you are the complainant and the accused! may be you all should work on yourselves rather than blame the lady next door.

I have heard ladies say "theres nothing wrong in keeping one's ex as a friend" would u allow ur boyfriend to do same?
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Angolobabe(f): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2008
im glad u understand what i mean jare ,having a male friends is ok as some people think its less complicated and less gossip compare to having female friends but with a married man its not healthy.

fyneguy:

I don't think it's healthy hanging around married men. You may end up causing frictions in their homes. Wives getting suspicious n stuffs, even when you are just friends. Would u like to see your husband hanging around some single gurls? he tells you "honey, don't worry she's just a friend"

As per ladies being spiteful and ''bitchy", you all complain: "i prefer male friends jare, ladies are bitchy". , hence you are the complainant and the accused! may be you all should work on yourselves rather than blame the lady next door.

I have heard ladies say "theres nothing wrong in keeping one's ex as a friend" would u allow ur boyfriend to do same?
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Angolobabe(f): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2008
dont forget i didnt say u should abandon all ur married male friends cos they are married,i said its ok to have a CASUAL FRIENDSHIP,with limits and boundaries with them.read my lips before u posters jump into bashing.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
if i put 2 and 2 together, i believe threadstarter and who ever supports her aren't particularly young (late twenties even thirties). but thats not the point.
your so called association with married people let alone your 'male friends' should be under check ones they get married.

being a tomboy and having men as work colleagues is cheap excuse to hang around married men.
pple move on in life. u better move on when ur 'male friends' get married.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2008
OMO IBO:

if i put 2 and 2 together, i believe threadstarter and who ever supports her aren't particularly young (late twenties even thirties). but thats not the point.
your so called association with married people let alone your 'male friends' should be under check ones they get married.

being a tomboy and having men as work colleagues is cheap excuse to hang around married men.
people move on in life. u better move on when ur 'male friends' get married.

You are wrong, I'm in my early twenties what has that got to do with anything anyway 

And I don't need an excuse to have friends. Most of them are people who were really there for me when things were rough. People I can really count on. You are right, people do move on, but your true friends never leave. God knows I've never been around anybody who dosent want me around him/her
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 30, 2008
Well, go on hang around with them. Some married men only enjoy their wives when it comes to sex. Outside that, no more funs but nagging and bills. So may be that is why the married men still have you on. And whether platonic or not, adults are involved here, people sleep around when single, I wonder the difference when married. We loathe sleeping around when married and it is a habit we have modelled so much and far when single. I laugh a lot on this.

I am yet to understand what odd hours or times are when calling someone. Does it mean the calls could rape or make love to the people being called up? Or the receivers tend to consider all the advances the callers make or say during the odd hour calls? People call people during anytime and still say whatever is in their minds and get yes or no. People still make love or otherwise at any given time. Explain more folks! I keep away from most single-then-married-now ladies' contacts and approaches. Just keep the suspecting husbands focus only on his thing (Abunchi) and bills men.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 30, 2008
true friends don't leave! is that the reason you choose to hang around married men?

why do i get this feeling you need a pat on the back for hanging around married men?
anyways, if it rocks your boat, then  ride on honey!

oh oh, do u talk to these 'friends' till the weee hours of the night?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys This Curve Can Make You Change Your 'YES' To A 'NO' / Women Decorate Their BOOBS (pictures) / How I Was Sexually Harassed During My NYSC In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.