Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,024 members, 7,832,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30217 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by ihedinobi2: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
@topic, I think you conflated issues. Being the head in his home does not make a man a wife-beater nor does a woman's submission to her husband make her subject to and accepting of physical assault. These are separate things.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by holyboss: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
@Op

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Eyaaa poor bastrd......... Tell dt to d dogs and uv been booked an executive flight, first class front seat to hell asshole. Ur shit stinks. Uv never met a woman, i mean a woman dts y ure here blabbing nd ranting like a baby that wnts breast milk. Pls dnt post rubbish unless u hav smthn good to say.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

As I said in the beginning, all men are equal. I am neither below nor above any man, neither is any man below or above me. I am my own boss so no one pays my salary.

In that case, Blacks should also be canvassing for empowerment and should not be struggling to be equal with Whites. I hear you.

Nope all men are not equal even science has proven that women are weaker than men. The fact that you pay your bills doesn't make a man less or equal to you neither does it make you equal to him. The rise of feminism has done more damage to the black woman as evidence in the rate of divorce and single mothers .

There are many women who are happily married, submissive to their husbands and are at the echelon of their respective careers, so stop tying the success of a woman to her ability of being disrespectful in a union. If you can't live by the rule, then stay the fuuuuuck as a single lady !

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
hensben: pls what religion do you practice? Be sincere

I was a christian but have freed myself from the shackles of all man made religion. Why the inquiring mind?

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by loswhite(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
MARKone: undecided

OP tell us the truth, u r a woman, or
a woman in a man's body grin

You even have the temerity to tell women in an abusive marriage/ relationship to go to Hell, is that how u counsel somebody who is in dire need of help.

Oga your write up is filled with hate and does not make sense at all.
change the oga to madam abeg
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

I was a christian but have freed myself from the shackles of all man made religion. Why the inquiring mind?
I love you soooooooo much.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

So paying the bills makes you the head? I can easily pay all the bills, perhaps to the fourth generation? Does that automatically make me the head of the family?
so the lady is the head on what basis? I dare any lady to proudly take the decision to pay the bills in the family, it is a fact that infact more than 50% of the ladies look for men who can pay the bills before they marry, you can't eat your cake and have it. He pays the bills, you remain under him.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Nope all men are not equal even science has proven that women are weaker than men. The fact that you pay your bills doesn't make a man less or equal to you neither does it make you equal to him. The rise of feminism has done more damage to the black woman as evidence in the rate of divorce and single mothers .

There are many women who are happily married, submissive to their husbands and are at the echelon of their respective careers, so stop tying the success of a woman to her ability of being disrespectful in a union. If you can't live by the rule, then stay the fuuuuuck as a single lady !

This post reeks of misogyny.
You can be my equal without being disrespectful. It is called mutual respect.
When taking decisions, it should not be my way or the highway, there is something known as compromise.
Need I go on?

Yes some women can be weaker than men physically. Men cannot give birth due to anatomical differences. So we all know there are differences between men and women. What does this have to do with who should or should not be head of the family?

What does physical characteristics have to do with who can be the head or not? What do you think I mean when I say all men are equal?

6 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
vicoson: Very well. I don't have any problem with who decides what. I have problem with the attitude. You don't look down on your partner's suggestions. That is where competition comes in aka we are equal, so my suggestion/decision must stand. By the way, is it ideal to have 2 English names?

Yes, I agree with you there. That falls under mutual respect.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
captivating: so the lady is the head on what basis? I dare any lady to proudly take the decision to pay the bills in the family, it is a fact that infact more than 50% of the ladies look for men who can pay the bills before they marry, you can't eat your cake and have it. He pays the bills, you remain under him.

So I pay the bill, he remains under me. I am not understanding your logic.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by StealthyMe(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
They keep saying Men are not the heads......yet they be expecting money for upkeep and all...
Since Men & Women are all equal ,they could as well feed the whole family and pay the fees....***Long Hiss***
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by nduchucks: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
hensben: baseless point, is it not the brain that controls the neck n the head comprises of the brain.

Too bad, you missed the important point being made.

Consider this, though you have a brain, you cannot use your brain to cure the proverbial stiff neck. One hopes you are able to understand what proverbial means in my sentence.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101:

I love you too.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
godjohnson: Okay, first of all I'd like to ask how exactly can the person with a saner mind can be determined. because I know both parties would always claim to have the saner mind the same way everyone values his/her opinion to that of anyone else. and even if it is proven that one party is saner the other party would strive endlessly to prove otherwise thereby leading to unhealthy competition which can only be ended by death or divorce.

so in my own belief/opinion God appointed the man as the head in order to prevent competition.
Saner would be determined by who makes better decisions depending on the situation and respective strengths. Outcomes would indeed prove them right or wrong.
Say I like maths and have been known to make sounder financial decisions than my partner, it stands to reason that I should take the lead in such matters. Not because of my gender but because I have proven that I am better equipped.
If my partner has shown himself to be a people person, a good negotiator and I'm the more impatient type, it stands to reason that he should take the lead when situations like that arise lest I ruin things with my temperament. I reiterate, it's called putting the best person forward for the task at hand for the benefit of all those involved( family).

7 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
StealthyMe: They keep saying Men are not the heads......yet they be expecting money for upkeep and all...
Since Men & Women are all equal ,they could as well feed the whole family and pay the fees....***Long Hiss***
What about women that pays the bill?

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bigsteveg:

How are u sure the op is a man, its a faceless forum now. Abi na ur brother?
read properly op said he's a man especially from the 1st few pagestongue

it's such a relief reading from men like op tongue

thank God men like him still exist, the rest can let the hair strands on their head stand up in raging anger tongue

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101:
me to kiss grin

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Btruth: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
The person that cooked you vegetable soup no go die well. Sorry my brother, the thing is affecting seriously. #Ode! #Oponu!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by fijiano202(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:
So I pay the bill, he remains under me. I am not understanding your logic.
darling ,am yet to read something meaningful from you..most of u ladies that claim to be feminist on NL are just hoax,u live by the idea of a feminist but u arent...u said u broke urself from the shackles of religion but christianity aint man-made,it an old religion from God...
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
Nah man. Not phobic at all. I do not understand it but again can't understand why I am on the other side of the fence, I just am, was not a conscious choice and based on that, the same must apply with you. I didn't have to think about it and then go, " I'll choose this".
Being there that day was an eye opener for me, seeing the reality of what I knew ( in my mind but not really given much thought to) and I was angered, very much so but also deeply upset at the unfairness of it all. I also felt very helpless in the face of the vitriol because where do begin to attempt to open people's hearts and minds.
Sorry. I slept off, just seing this. I must say i'm really impressed we've still got people with your mindset, i'm guessing you were born abroad or, atleast have lived there. Well, my dear, it's the grim reality of what we pass through everyday, unnecessary hate,resentment and violence from people whom we've done nothing to, people who only feel thay have the right to dictate to us how to live our lives, people who commit even more gruesome ''Sins'', but are always quick to impose their holier than thou attitude. It really sucks. Anyways dont worry bout us, we'll be fine. We're currently working on our own forum which would stricly be for people of our kind. You'l be welcome too. Thanx and have a wonderful day dear. smiley

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
dhammyg:
THESE NIGGAS ARE MAAD.TRUTH REALLY HURTS cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Princewell2012(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ op why are you hiding your identity, beyond reasonable douth you are a woman. because no reasonable man can write this nonsense. beside ur full of abuses, causes and hatred which makes me to wonder if ur actualy a human.Therefore if ur not a woman, then you must be an animal.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
captivating: so the lady is the head on what basis? I dare any lady to proudly take the decision to pay the bills in the family, it is a fact that infact more than 50% of the ladies look for men who can pay the bills before they marry, you can't eat your cake and have it. He pays the bills, you remain under him.

If I pay the bills then does it mean he is now under me? See lazy people's thinking By the way which 50% of ladies are sitting back not studying or trying to build a career for themselves, looking for funders? Please do t generalize based on who you and your friends are or do. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Blockus: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans have experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I lopve women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?

BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.

Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.

A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.

Hahahahahaaa...

There is no real point to this thread, just to stir up emotions.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
fijiano202: darling ,am yet to read something meaningful from you..most of u ladies that claim to be feminist on NL are just hoax,u live by the idea of a feminist but u arent...u said u broke urself from the shackles of religion but christianity aint man-made,it an old religion from God...

Did you read from the genesis of this thread or you just saw this one post and quoted me?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Emmaomotob(m): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
1) 'To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils. And surely it is the most blameworthy ignorance to believe that one knows what one does not know.'
SOCRATES
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Unfortunately...men hate to hear they are wrong.....in any way whatsoever cheesy grin......see insults and thrashing...lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Princewell2012(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
@op simply tell us the truth ur a wonan, there is no reasonable man in his right mind will ever write this nonsense.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Danhumprey: You agree with him?angry

the Title do not really make sense.Anyway,i comment my reserve!cheesy.I no dey for arguement.Really not happy about the catholic bomb blast.My heart is filled wth melancholy.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
Saner would be determined by who makes better decisions depending on the situation and respective strengths. Outcomes would indeed prove them right or wrong.
Say I like maths and have been known to make sounder financial decisions than my partner, it stands to reason that I should take the lead in such matters. Not because of my gender but because I have proven that I am better equipped.
If my partner has shown himself to be a people person, a good negotiator and I'm the more impatient type, it stands to reason that he should take the lead when situations like that arise lest I ruin things with my temperament. I reiterate, it's called putting the best person forward for the task at hand for the benefit of all those involved( family).

You said it better. A thousand likes.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
INNOisBACK: Sorry. I slept off, just seing this. I must say i'm really impressed we've still got people with your mindset, i'm guessing you were born abroad or, atleast have lived there. Well, my dear, it's the grim reality of what we pass through everyday, unnecessary hate,resentment and violence from people whom we've done nothing to, people who only feel thay have the right to dictate to us how to live our lives, people who commit even more gruesome ''Sins'', but are always quick to impose their holier than thou attitude. It really sucks. Anyways dont worry bout us, we'll be fine. We're currently working on our own forum which would stricly be for people of our kind. You'l be welcome too. Thanx and have a wonderful day dear. smiley

Thanks for the invite. That is what I'm talking about, the acceptance you've just shown is what those casting aspersions lack. I would love to accept. Have a fab day too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / My Cute Baby Boy / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.