Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto (20064 Views)

Ebola Outbreak: Lagos To Provide Insurance Cover For Health Workers - See More / Liberian Dies In Morocco Of Ebola - Internal Affairs Minister Discloses / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Samgreguc(m): 8:09am On Jul 29, 2014
tuoyoojo:

I want to assume that ur lab man jus saw the patient on d street , grabbed him and set his sample for virology. I guess u must hav read dat he was in a private hosp from where his sample was sent to d lab. Who requested for d test,its d same lazy doctor who was relaxing at home doing nothing rite?!...u slowpoke!
that Physician was after his money. Or is private hospitals for d govt?
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Samgreguc(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2014
milychocs:

Well I studied Medicine and Surgery for seven and a half legit years
No repeats....
Graduated with my set...
From one of the top Federal Unis, no less
...and yet, it is a six year course
Strikes, whatnots,

So deal with it
@deols has a point
Cheers
we all knw what strike can cause so, . . . . .tell us nt abt it cos, it affects all courses.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Samgreguc(m): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2014
aluunoble:

And u forgot to tell the public that we are placed on monthly salary of about #250,000 for a start from day 1 as the residency trainning, project bla bla bla and the examination fee or whatever last until we become consultant. Stop feeding pple with half truth!
he also forget to tel d public that they taught the Pharmacist to make drugs they themselves cant produce.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by armadeo(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2014
aluunoble:

And u forgot to tell the public that we are placed on monthly salary of about #250,000 for a start from day 1 as the residency trainning, project bla bla bla and the examination fee or whatever last until we become consultant. Stop feeding pple with half truth!

250k. Lol.

Very funny
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2014
Samgreguc:
we all knw what strike can cause so, . . . . .tell us nt abt it cos, it affects all courses.

So why attack her when she said nine years?
Did you not remember strikes then?
angry

Add the wahala of private unis, and nine years dont seem like a stretch, not so?
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Samgreguc(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2014
milychocs:

So why attack her when she said nine years?
Did you not remember strikes then?
angry
I neva attacked ha wen she said so and by the way, she said that 9yrs like it only affected ha. Do u get it? As a mata of fact it nt necessary stating the 9yrs bkos we all experienced it.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by monex(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
dexterinc2003:

Normally i wouldnt try 2 correct ur ignorance....but just b4 u infect others.i'll be glad if u can mention how many cases of d virus u know that has been treated successfully in nigeria.case fatality ratio in nigeria remains 100percent currently...whether you choose 2 panic or not is left 2 u,but will not change the truth...prevention is key and get educated..google is your friend @ least.

the problem was the statement "YOU WILL DIE" connotes 0% survival which is false info. maybe you should rather do the google-ing
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Ochek: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2014
prettyprettywow: In spite of the imminent threat of the Ebola Virus Disease in Lagos, striking medical doctors under the auspices of Lagos State branch of the Nigerian Medical Association, have said they will not suspend the ongoing strike. The Chairman of the Association, Dr Tope Ojo, said the ongoing strike was not called because of Ebola and cannot be called off because of the threat of the viral infection in the state.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/wont-call-strike-ebola-virus-threat-lagos-nma/

How come them are telling us today that Ebola was part of consideration for calling off the strike? Please maintain a stand.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by MrsAwesome: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ochek:

How come them are telling us today that Ebola was part of consideration for calling off the strike? Please maintain a stand.
Kai!!!!!, this is licking vomitus.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by monex(m): 12:09am On Oct 11, 2014
dexterinc2003:

Normally i wouldnt try 2 correct ur ignorance....but just b4 u infect others.i'll be glad if u can mention how many cases of d virus u know that has been treated successfully in nigeria.case fatality ratio in nigeria remains 100percent currently...whether you choose 2 panic or not is left 2 u,but will not change the truth...prevention is key and get educated..google is your friend @ least.

that you actually replied confirms my earlier suspision that you are not a Medical doctor.

"ebolavirus has no cure presently...once you get it,YOU WILL DIE!!"

like i said earlier, your bolded statemenmty above is false and not a statement that could come out of an MD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Naturally Get Pink Lips. / COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.