Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? (1066 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / If Nigeria Breaks Up What Will You Miss? / If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by DopestepTJ(m): 2:10am On Jul 26, 2014
"Nigeria’s economy surpassed South Africa’s as the largest on the continent after the West African nation overhauled its gross domestic product data for the first time in two decades." http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-06/nigerian-economy-overtakes-south-africa-s-on-rebased-gdp.html

Nigeria is being often referred to as the "Giant of Africa" especially by Nigerians.
With the Boko Haram activities going on in the country, many Nigerians are foreseeing a break up (My Assumption).

I'm not an expert when it comes to economy and stuff, but I've been a bit curious lately. Let's assume Nigeria breaks up, do you think it will have any effect on Africa? If yes, how will you relate Nigeria's break up with Africa being affected as a whole?
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by DopestepTJ(m): 2:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Decibel: angry
??
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Safari29: 3:21am On Jul 26, 2014
If Nigeria break up. The effects will be decrease in African populations due to civil war that will arise prior to break up, increase in number of Countries in Africa as New courses try will be formed.

mind you Nigeria Can Never ever BREAK
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Emessy(m): 3:39am On Jul 26, 2014
NIGERIA will not break up until AREWA says so
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Randy100: 4:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Emessy: NIGERIA will not break up until AREWA says so
onye ofe mmanu. Arewa ke
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Randy100: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2014
Nigeria to me is a time bomb wrapped in a beautiful nylon. It will soon explode
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by size38: 5:31am On Jul 26, 2014
What is Africa gaining from Nigeria in the first place?

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by oduastates: 5:38am On Jul 26, 2014
Assuming there are no conflict of which,there will be a few flash points ,no one would notice.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by worthytalk: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2014
On the contrary it will a blessing to entire black race!

3 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by ITbomb(m): 6:41am On Jul 26, 2014
size38: What is Africa gaining from Nigeria in the first place?
1. 80% of investments by Africans around Africa is by Nigerians and these investments is mostly fueled (at least in capital) by the commonweath oil money, once that commonweath is broken, many sectors, banking, manufacturing, trading will fall.

2. Nigeria is the highest exporter of high skilled professional in Black Africa. We have Nigerians as Chief Judges in many African countries and doctors

3. 80% of television adverts revenues in Africa is from Nigerian company or companies doing business in Nigeria. That is why FIFA always pray that Nigeria qualifies for World Cup.

4. Nollywood is felt in all parts of the continent

5. Music. If you are underestimating the impact of Nigerian music, visit popular artists tour of other African countries and you will be amazed at the fans.

6. Church. Nigerian Pastors are actually taking over the land. Even if you don't care about the Gospel, the motivational and Inspiring words will lift you from your present state in life.

7. It is said silently in government circles in most African countries, if Nigeria could do this then we can.

You need to step out of Africa and the Western media to know the value of Nigeria and why USA is even threatened

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by 9jii(m): 6:51am On Jul 26, 2014
worthytalk: On the contrary it will a blessing to entire black race!
It's good you are asking this question.
A lot of these children don't know it and that's why they are writing rubbish anyhow online.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 26, 2014
I don't care, I will go to my mother land
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by manck: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2014
grin grin

Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:20am On Jul 26, 2014
Randy100: Nigeria to me is a time bomb wrapped in a beautiful nylon. It will soon explode
And this time bomb didn't explode for a century now. That is about half the years the US have been in existence. If we didn't split for 100 years when would we split? We should have separated the very first day we were merge together. Now we have become too interwoven to ever separate. Sorry...The best that can happen to Nigeria is each region becoming an autonomous republic and controlling their resource. That is the absolute best that can happen.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Will It Affect Africa? by Obiobi8(m): 4:08am On May 21, 2016
Yes it will bring peace and honour to the entire continent..

(1) (Reply)

What Did Nigerians Really Achieved From The Just Concluded National Confrence? / Reaction On Declaration Of Ogbeni / James Foley Execution Video To Be Verify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.