Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (641258 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
shegxi:
thanks man, and as per ur signature, name ur price bro and i will paygringrin

That's the point bro. its a metaphor tho. simply means I refuse to tie myself down to the value of money.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
I know this week ve been so engaging for most of us, even me. The weekend is here again, and i believe most introverts love weekends, so lets try to be all engaging from this friday till the weekend end. I'm Glad questions and suggestions are popping up from all angle.

Special thanks to @iamayodeji for trying to render help to one of us FOC. U just put a smile on my face. God bless, respect.

@ june24th, glad i saw your post. It brought a relieve that you are with us.

@ olarewajub, ur prompt reply and ever presence, is very much appreciated. The 'creator' wink.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sitting alone listening to Christina Aguilera's "We Remain" on earpiece...still having the same mood since yesterday. Wanna go home and lock myself up in my room cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
eipreel:
Sitting alone listening to Christina Aguilera's "We Remain" on earpiece...still having the same mood since yesterday. Wanna go home and lock myself up in my room cry

Don't worry, be happy.. The weekend is almost here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chidexxy007(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
iamayodeji:

its titled Quiet.
Link to download the electronic version of this book: http://www.ebookarchive.net/2015/02/quiet-power-of-introverts-in-world-that.html?m=0
wow.... thanks boss, been looking 4 where to download this piece but couldn't find any.. I've followed Susan Cain 4 some time now on FB and boy that lady sure have helped me 'find myself' and also how to deal with situations around me.. She launched her own website recently and its great being a member there too.
Being an introvert in a largely extroverted world can be a daunting task 4 us introverts but with the right knowledge and exposure, we sure can overcome all of it..
thanks again boss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
chidexxy007:

wow.... thanks boss, been looking 4 where to download this piece but couldn't find any.. I've followed Susan Cain 4 some time now on FB and boy that lady sure have helped me 'find myself' and also how to deal with situations around me.. She launched her own website recently and its great being a member there too.
Being an introvert in a largely extroverted world can be a daunting task 4 us introverts but with the right knowledge and exposure, we sure can overcome all of it..
thanks again boss

Lemme start from your signature...Lol..
Susan Cain is my female hero..she opened my eyes to a lot of mystery about the introvert world.
are you new on this thread? if yes, welcome home.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chidexxy007(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
iamayodeji:

Susan Cain is my female hero..she opened my eyes to a lot of mystery about the introvert world.
are you new on this thread? if yes, welcome home
same here. God bless the lady 4 us.
about being new, yea. just discovered d thread existed early ds week. this is my 3rd or 4th post.
thanks all d same, its quite "homey" here.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hemor(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
iamayodeji:

PM me and let's work it out.
I just did
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
How did you celebrate your birthday?
June24th:
Thanks sweerie
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Happy Weekend Guys! I know you guys are going to be indoor throughout except for one thing or the other.
What do you aim to achieve this weekend?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm having issues with both my thumbs thus makes typing difficult for me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
#ItsFriday! Listening to my radio.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
I'm having issues with both my thumbs thus makes typing difficult for me.

Sorry about your thumb. Hope you are enjoying your Friday.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
iamayodeji:

Sorry about your thumb. Hope you are enjoying your Friday.
Yea yea yea. Courtesy to MTN opera mini unlimited at no cost.
I'm now thinking whether the other introverts are out there having fun since the lounge is kinda scanty.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
I can see you are peeping @ Angieberry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
Yea yea yea. Courtesy to MTN opera mini unlimited at no cost.
I'm now thinking whether the other introverts are out there having fun since the lounge is kinda scanty.

Really, the lounge is scanty.
Friday night should be fun.. Where are my peeps?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by angieberry(f): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Busted grin
So, this was the question I was talking about. Nurd helped me out but I'd like more opinions smiley
Hello wallflowers,
So, I have a brief question. Does it ever happen to you that sometimes you don't feel like talking to anyone, you don't take calls, you don't reply messages, you just ignore everyone? I go through this phase sometimes, but it never lasts as long as I'm having it now. This is the seventh day.
I'm not depressed or sad or anything, but the thought of actually talking to someone irritates me or seems like a chore. I know it's a bad habit as people may have been trying to reach me to no avail but I can't just help it. Does anyone else experience this? How do I break this habit? Does it have anything to do with being a recluse?
Olarewajub:
I can see you are peeping @ Angieberry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thank you all for your reply
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by June24th: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
How did you celebrate your birthday?
In my own special way cheesy cheesy cheesy
The introvert "indoor with family" way.. Lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by June24th: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
leadzeal:
I know this week ve been so engaging for most of us, even me. The weekend is here again, and i believe most introverts love weekends, so lets try to be all engaging from this friday till the weekend end. I'm Glad questions and suggestions are popping up from all angle.

Special thanks to @iamayodeji for trying to render help to one of us FOC. U just put a smile on my face. God bless, respect.

@ june24th, glad i saw your post. It brought a relieve that you are with us.

@ olarewajub, ur prompt reply and ever presence, is very much appreciated. The 'creator' wink.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Haywhymido(m): 7:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Force urself to become anoda person at ur own peril.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Hi guys
what's up for the weekend? At home with mum. She wants to go for a wedding and wants me to come along but guess what, i just want to be home alone and listen to Philips,Craig and Dean and Jesus Culture today. She says if i continue this way, i'll have no one at my own wedding and in my mind i'm like "whoz freaky about wedding razzmatazz?we'll just go say our vows on an island already grin"

BTW, where is Jeffreyjamezi hope he hasnt moved to "dollarland"
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2015
eipreel:
Hi guys
what's up for the weekend? At home with mum. She wants to go for a wedding and wants me to come along but guess what, i just want to be home alone and listen to Philips,Craig and Dean and Jesus Culture today. She says if i continue this way, i'll have no one at my own wedding and in my mind i'm like "whoz freaky about wedding razzmatazz?we'll just go say our vows on an island already grin"

BTW, where is Jeffreyjamezi hope he hasnt moved to "dollarland"

undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Scrypt:

undecided
lol...scrypt abeg shift undecided go look for extroverts' lounge angry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nurd(m): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2015
MarilynNash:
Good afternoon everybody, I have a little problem. I recently stumbled on an article on Social Anxiety Disorder, I know I'm an Introvert but I exhibit some SAD symptoms highlighted on the article like excess sweating, trembling, stammering e.t.c when I walk around school and when I'm with people I don't know, I thought it was normal Introversion stuff until that article and I'm worried because the effects of SAD are frightening, so I'd like to hear from other Introverts who may have this disorder. Shout out to abel14 and Bidexluv.

Sweating, trembling and particularly stammering does not really translate to having SAD. Maybe you are reading too much into the article and your own experiences. Sometimes when you worry about some things, you tend to read into other things that have a link to those things.

I do stammer and sometimes tremble when I'm talking with people, but I'm very normal. It happens a lot when I'm with strangers. What I do is to sit down, take a deep breath and stay in a relaxed state for a minute or two. After that, I'm back to normal. You can try that too. Just try to be yourself anytime you find yourself in such situation.

You should only worry if these things distrupt your daily activities or if they prevent you from achieving your goals.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2015
eipreel:

lol...scrypt abeg shift undecided go look for extroverts' lounge angry

Really? Am I an extrovert all of a sudden? grin. Na thanks giving things.Lol.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Scrypt:

Really? Am I an extrovert all of a sudden? grin. Na thanks giving things.Lol.
a potential one so go and start learning angry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 27, 2015
eipreel:

a potential one so go and start learning angry

Lol. Make sure you attend that wedding. I will be needing feedback as to how it went. tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2015
nurd:

Sweating, trembling and particularly stammering does not really translate to having SAD. Maybe you are reading too much into the article and your own experiences. Sometimes when you worry about some things, you tend to read into other things that have a link to those things.

I do stammer and sometimes tremble when I'm talking with people, but I'm very normal. It happens a lot when I'm with strangers. What I do is to sit down, take a deep breath and stay in a relaxed state for a minute or two. After that, I'm back to normal. You can try that too. Just try to be yourself anytime you find yourself in such situation.

You should only worry if these things distrust your daily activities or if they prevent you from achieving your goals.
very true. At a point i wanted to go have myself checked at the hospital but then i thought better and decided the solution was within me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Scrypt:

Lol. Make sure you attend that wedding. I will be needing feedback as to how it went. tongue
lemme jor embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 27, 2015
eipreel:

lemme jor embarassed

If I don't hold you, who will? Oya go and get dressed. Momma is waiting. tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nurd(m): 8:10am On Jun 27, 2015
iamayodeji:

are you new on this thread? if yes, welcome home.

I have read that book like two times and still plan to re-read it. The part that gets me every time I read it is where Introverts are forced to develop and exhibit extrovert characteristics. One thing I hate and I'm still trying to hate it more is small talk. It just wastes my time and make me feel empty. And that is mostly what extroverted people want almost all the time. Such shame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.