Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (642149 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Disneyboy: 8:11am On Jun 27, 2015
gudmorning everyone....... nurd, eipreel, Scrypt, I can see u are already awake.......please can u wake those sleeping beauty's......

hey..... buccunmie, I can see u are up.... how was ur night....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nurd(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone.

Hope ur all enjoying your weekend. I plan to dedicate this weekend to reading. Probably some classics I've been wanting to read for some time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Disneyboy: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2015
nurd:
Hello everyone.

Hope ur all enjoying your weekend. I plan to dedicate this weekend to reading. Probably some classics I've been wanting to read for some time.

can I join u
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2015
I woke up when I heard someone talking about making vows on an island.. undecided

Good morning all
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nurd(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Disneyboy:

can I join u

Ur welcome... lotta space to accommodate u...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by buccunmie(m): 8:43am On Jun 27, 2015
Disneyboy:
gudmorning everyone....... nurd, eipreel, Scrypt, I can see u are already awake.......please can u wake those sleeping beauty's......

mawnin bro.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by otokx(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello house, top of the morning to you, it's beautifully cold in Port Harcourt, plan on just relaxing indoors today.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:
I woke up when I heard someone talking about making vows on an island.. undecided

Good morning all

Morning friend...what's with the vow on the island, hope you guys are not planning something behind me.
Olarewajub , leadzeal , to make this place more effectual. We should start posting useful articles that can assist introverts to be better. We can take turns to pick a topic and enlighten the house about it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Disneyboy:
gudmorning everyone....... nurd, ei.preel, Scrypt, I can see u are already awake.......please can u wake those sleeping beauty's......

Hehehe...they are all nocturnal so let them sleep abeg

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:

Good morning all

Great idea right?you should adopt same undecided grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2015
iamayodeji:

Morning friend...what's with the vow on the island, hope you guys are not planning something behind me.
Olarewajub , leadzeal , to make this place more effectual. We should start posting useful articles that can assist introverts to be better. We can take turns to pick a topic and enlighten the house about it.

I concur. I would see if i can get some useful links to post. But it would be a lot easier if a question is thrown first and we search for answers. So questions are also highly welcomed.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 27, 2015
eipreel:

Great idea right?you should adopt same undecided grin

Yes, great idea.. But if there are only 10 people in the world and only two adopt same, knowing quiet well it takes two to tangle; one can draw a coclusion here.
So, i ll let @iamayodeji adopt it first, before i proceed. You know i try to be fair grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:

I concur. I would see if i can get some useful links to post. But it would be a lot easier if a question is thrown first and we search for answers. So questions are also highly welcomed.
i'm in a mood to learn this weekend *grabs pen and paper*
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:

Yes, great idea.. But if there are only 10 people in the world and only two adopt same, knowing quiet well it takes two to tangle; one can draw a coclusion here.
So, i ll let @iamayodeji adopt it first, before i proceed. You know i try to be fair grin
:-/
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:

undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
leadzeal:

I don't think its a bad idea at all. So I'll try it. Maybe just a few people around.. mostly friends from this thread and then some unavoidable family members.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Myth #1 :
Introverts
don’t like to
talk.

This is not true. Introverts just
don’t talk unless they have
something to say. They hate
small talk. Get an introvert
talking about something they
are interested in, and they
won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 :
Introverts are
shy.

Shyness has nothing to do with
being an Introvert. Introverts
are not necessarily afraid of
people. What they need is a
reason to interact. They don’t
interact for the sake of
interacting. If you want to talk
to an Introvert, just start
talking. Don’t worry about
being polite.
Myth #3 :
Introverts are
rude.

Introverts often don’t see a
reason for beating around the
bush with social pleasantries.
They want everyone to just be
real and honest. Unfortunately,
this is not acceptable in most
settings, so Introverts can feel
a lot of pressure to fit in, which
they find exhausting.
Myth #4 :
Introverts
don’t like
people.

On the contrary, Introverts
intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their
close friends on one hand. If
you are lucky enough for an
introvert to consider you a
friend, you probably have a
loyal ally for life. Once you
have earned their respect as
being a person of substance,
you’re in.
Myth #5 :
Introverts
don’t like to
go out in
public.

Nonsense. Introverts just don’t
like to go out in public FOR AS
LONG. They also like to avoid
the complications that are
involved in public activities.
They take in data and
experiences very quickly, and
as a result, don’t need to be
there for long to “get it.”
They’re ready to go home,
recharge, and process it all. In
fact, recharging is absolutely
crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 :
Introverts
always want
to be alone.

Introverts are perfectly
comfortable with their own
thoughts. They think a lot.
They daydream. They like to
have problems to work on,
puzzles to solve. But they can
also get incredibly lonely if
they don’t have anyone to
share their discoveries with.
They crave an authentic and
sincere connection with ONE
PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 :
Introverts are
weird.

Introverts are often
individualists. They don’t follow
the crowd. They’d prefer to be
valued for their novel ways of
living. They think for
themselves and because of
that, they often challenge the
norm. They don’t make most
decisions based on what is
popular or trendy.
Myth #8 :
Introverts are
aloof nerds.

Introverts are people who
primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their
thoughts and emotions. It’s
not that they are incapable of
paying attention to what is
going on around them, it’s just
that their inner world is much
more stimulating and rewarding
to them.
Myth #9 :
Introverts
don’t know
how to relax
and have fun.

Introverts typically relax at
home or in nature, not in busy
public places. Introverts are
not thrill seekers and
adrenaline junkies. If there is
too much talking and noise
going on, they shut down. Their
brains are too sensitive to the
neurotransmitter called
Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different
dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.
Myth #10 :
Introverts can
fix themselves
and become
Extroverts.

A world without Introverts
would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists,
poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and
philosophers. That being said,
there are still plenty of
techniques an Extrovert can
learn in order to interact with
Introverts. (Yes, I reversed
these two terms on purpose to
show you how biased our
society is.) Introverts cannot
“fix themselves” and deserve
respect for their natural
temperament and contributions
to the human race. In fact, one
study (Silverman, 1986)
showed that the percentage of
Introverts increases with IQ.

Source http://www.carlkingdom.com/10-myths-about-introverts

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
iamayodeji:

I don't think its a bad idea at all. So I'll try it. Maybe just a few people around.. mostly friends from this thread and then some unavoidable family members.

Great pick.

I envision an idea whereby on a monday, people, friends and some extended family we realize i'm taken. I ll start hearing questions like but we don't know u were dating talkless of now married grin

It will be so cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
iamayodeji:

Roger that. I've been distracted with lot of stuff lately but will try my best.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
I hope this next post will make someone smile or tweak.

It is called Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Emotional Intelligence(EI). Yes I said it. grin

My first test was far back as 2008, the result was good but not on the genuis level(160 upward). I won't say how far it was. smiley

Note, some test out there are cheap to solve and some are different, so percentile its mostly used. Last time I checked admittance to mensa, it requires one, to be among the top 2%.

Now i'm recommending this app (1). It is first on most people list and it is progressive. Very very good reviews out there.

High IQ, intelligence quotient, is not the yardstick that you will make it, but an average iq(100+) is needed to at least comprehend ideas and interpret such ideas if need be. Most Top companies CEOs iq are averaged on 124+ from research. This bring me to the next part which deals with emotional intelligence.

Emotional intelligence is put by Programme Manager at Mott MacDonald
Wikipedia defines Emotional intelligence (EI) as “the ability to monitor one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour”. If I can add, it has a lot to do with that tenacity and drive to get things done and to properly manage oneself and others. I see EI on par with general intelligence for this writeup

IQ deals with logical and mathematical reasoning while Emotional intelligence(EI) deals with that charisma(drive) to properly handle this reasoning and intelligence. IQ can be genetic or inbreed while EI can be learned most times.

One of the most debated issue is whether the class of degree one graduated with is the factor to succeeding, considering all other variables are constant like above average Economy. Well, class matter but it is not the ultimate modus operandi to success, for if logical, mathematical, people management and charisma skills are all put together, it makes one stand out. Has they say, "you can't have it all" but at least average them, then the sky is your stepping stone. cheesy

Average from my definition (using fuzzy logic model)

'Try to have' means minimum.

1. Third class - -Try to have very high emotional intelligence(drive, people management, leadership skills, charisma)

2. Second class lower - - Try to have high emotional intelligence(drive, people management, leadership skills, charisma)

3. Second class upper - - Try to have high emotional intelligence(drive, people management, leadership skills, charisma)

4. First class - - Try to have average emotional intelligence(drive, people management, leadership skills, charisma) ; companies go still hire you grin despite IE state.

Helpful Reference.

1.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=brain.teasers.logic.puzzles.riddles&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dmobile+app+iq+test&pcampaignid=APPU_1_zIyOVZG3OKeR7Aauv6qoBA

2. https://www./five-habits-could-get-you-fired-james-caan-cbe

3. http://www.forbes.com/sites/richkarlgaard/2013/11/27/smarts-in-business-is-not-about-iq/

Shalom. wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice articles leadzeal.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
iamayodeji:
Nice articles leadzeal.

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hmmm...introverts are known to spend the greater part of their time reading,listening,researching and pondering. Hence,they are known to be great intellectuals smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
*blank stare *

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello house! Do you know that most extroverts suffer from insecurity, low esteem and the rest. When you see some extroverts performing some act or addressing a large number of people you'll be like WOW! Wish i can do this. The truth is that most extroverts rely on enhancers especially alcohol to achieve such fit as they lack natural confidence... Oops i neet to do a research on this. By the way, nice write up @ Leadzeal

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by angieberry(f): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
Really? This reminds me of one of my course mates. She was really outgoing, could speak in front of a multitude and seemed so confident. But secretly, she had low self esteem and I always wondered why this was so. Is self confidence not synonymous with self esteem? Why would she have one and be lacking in the other?
Olarewajub:
Hello house! Do you know that most extroverts suffer from insecurity, low esteem and the rest. When you see some extroverts performing some act or addressing a large number of people you'll be like WOW! Wish i can do this. The truth is that most extroverts rely on enhancers especially alcohol to achieve such fit as they lack natural confidence...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
*blank stare *
You weren't in the Lounge yesterday. Why are the others no longer coming to the lounge, what could be responrible?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello Tweak ! I can see you're peeping. May we know you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tweak(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Olarewajub:
Hello Tweak ! I can see you're peeping. May we know you?
Actually, I wasn't ....
My moniker was mentioned by a spam post here....
But can I have some time to check the thread out a little bit please?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
It is possible for someone to have self confidence and have a low level of self esteem. http://theconfidencecode.com/2014/03/confidence-vs-self-esteem/
angieberry:
Really? This reminds me of one of my course mates. She was really outgoing, could speak in front of a multitude and seemed so confident. But secretly, she had low self esteem and I always wondered why this was so. Is self confidence not synonymous with self esteem? Why would she have one and be lacking in the other?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Yes definitely. Take your time.
Tweak:
Actually, I wasn't .... My moniker was mentioned by a spam post here.... But can I have some time to check the thread out a little bit please?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Barnabaseloka ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.