Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637076 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2016
Olarewajub:
Hey guys check this video out, you definitely going to love it
. Of course its all about introversion. Happy viewing..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=804-ew3Zn7A

Is there a link on how i can download it and watch whenever i want without using data?...
Btw, will love you to vote for VIZKIZ in the upcoming Mr Nairaland contest, looking forward to your reply
wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Is there a link on how i can download it and watch whenever i want without using data?...
Btw, will love you to vote for VIZKIZ in the upcoming Mr Nairaland contest, looking forward to your reply
wink

Visit the link to the YouTube video you want to download and edit the video url, add "ss" before the Y of YouTube e.g www.ssyoutube.com/IntrovertLounge and hit enter. You will be directed to a site where you be able to download the video in mp4 format.

Just remind us when the Mr NL voting starts.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
Olarewajub:

Visit the link to the YouTube video you want to download and edit the video url, add "ss" before the Y of YouTube e.g www.ssyoutube.com/IntrovertLounge and hit enter. You will be directed to a site where you be able to download the video in mp4 format.

Just remind us when the Mr NL voting starts.

Thanks bro, downloading right away smiley .... I'll mention you guys when its time for the contest
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jacy67(f): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
hello famz, I want to know, do introverts overcome their shyness and dance? I am so shy that I can't even dance. :0
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
jacy67:
hello famz, I want to know, do introverts overcome their shyness and dance? I am so shy that I can't even dance. :0

Yes, my cousin laughed at me when she found out i hardly dance in public( we're very close so she knows i'm introverted) so she advised me to go for dance classes so as to boost my confidence and i'm giving you the same advice... In the case of being shy, not all introverts are shy, its just that we choose to keep to ourselves and we find joy in doing it, get me into a conversation/topic i've picked interest in and you'll be suprised that this guy actually talks..... Dont forget to vote Vizkiz for Mr NL 2016 wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:42am On Jul 07, 2016
Hey Guys! There will be a new development in the Lounge kicking off as from next week.

What is this develoment about? We'll be having weekely challenge.

How does this work? A problem will be posted every week, for example "Operation initiate a conversation this week". Throughout that week your mind will be programmed on initiating a convo with a total stranger.

What if i'm Unable to tackle the challenge for the week? That will be a carryover for you grin grin . Tips on how to overcome the challenge will surely be posted and videos link preferably Youtube videos and TED Talks . When you are unable to meet up, you will get to read how other introverts in the lounge were able to achieve theirs which will serve as a stimulator and a guide.

After achieving mine, what next? You must come to the lounge to share your experience.

Any objection or contribution?

TeamIntrovert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2016
Let's watch out then.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Olarewajub:
Hey Guys! There will be a new development in the Lounge kicking off as from next week.

TeamIntrovert
Nice suggestion. I'm totally in.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by may01(f): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2016
Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I like being by myself, and get upset when my roomies come back home.

But sometimes when I'm in the midst of close friends and family, I talk and make jokes.

Lots of people don't trust me anymore me coz we make plans and then on the D-day I'd rather stay home by myself grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JhyMedex: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2016
Arsenate:
as an introvert, being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. truth is most activities that thrill and excite my friends don't necessarily have similar effect on me. I always can't wait to take my leave whenever I find my self in a party or party- like places
True dt...
Pple often miscontrue being alone 2 being lonely...
It simply ain't true for most intros...
IL rather read some awesome book or even a movie, or jst bleep D gf.. Instead Goin out n getting AL rowdy wit ma flat mates...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JhyMedex: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2016
SugaryBelle:
whaaat! Have you seen how those girls walk? With gait and composure,standing and smiling from 9am-12pm and walking people round to thier seats,thats worse, not this introvert abeg I can't fit,I enjoy siting in one place.I'll do well in the accounts department.
Swt sister... U letting ur introversion stand in D way of
Ur growth.. DNT DO DT...
I WAS LIKE U B4 BT KEPT DOIN WAT I FELT LIKE DOIN N 2DAY I GOT NO REGRETS
FEEL D FEAR, BT DO IT ANYWAY...
I CHALLENGE U SWT U CAN DO IT
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
may01:
Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I like being by myself, and get upset when my roomies come back home.

But sometimes when I'm in the midst of close friends and family, I talk and make jokes.

Lots of people don't trust me anymore me coz we make plans and then on the D-day I'd rather stay home by myself grin

From all indications you're clearly an introvert, there's nothing to be confused about, but dont forget to vote Vizkiz in the Mr NL contest oo, it doesn't require you stepping out of home smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by may01(f): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
GloryIsaac:

From all indications you're clearly an introvert, there's nothing to be confused about, but dont forget to vote Vizkiz in the Mr NL contest oo, it doesn't require you stepping out of home smiley

grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
may01:

grin

I'm serious oo, dont turn your back on the D-day wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by may01(f): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I'm serious oo, dont turn your back on the D-day wink
Don't you think your signature should be the other way round? We already have a stifling excessive love of power
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
may01:

Don't you think your signature should be the other way round? We already have a stifling excessive love of power

Thats the exact message my signature is trying to convey, the POWER OF LOVE overcoming the LOVE OF POWER will bring out an entirely new being in us and we'll be amazed at what we're actually capable of doing, how much of a positive impact we can actually make... wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JhyMedex: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=beyonDskygirl post=25285274][/quote] Wow u write?.. Dt awesome... Can we chat off here...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JhyMedex: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
kemiola89:

Yea, the internet is a place to hide away from the world.
I see u a revenge fan... Awesome series.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrfizy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'm an introvert but I have learn to start small talks. A female course mate once heard me contributing to a discussion-she was shocked, she said she can't date a person like me that I look like I can't defend myself talk less of defending her. I have very few friends and really have problems making friends with the opposite sex.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Olarewajub:

What is this develoment about? We'll be having weekely challenge.

How does this work? A problem will be posted every week, for example "Operation initiate a conversation this week". Throughout that week your mind will be programmed on initiating a convo with a total stranger.

What if i'm Unable to tackle the challenge for the week? That will be a carryover for you grin grin . Tips on how to overcome the challenge will surely be posted and videos link preferably Youtube videos and TED Talks . When you are unable to meet up, you will get to read how other introverts in the lounge were able to achieve theirs which will serve as a stimulator and a guide.

After achieving mine, what next? You must come to the lounge to share your experience.

TeamIntrovert
Am in
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 3Dee(m): 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello room. I'm an introvert.

@olarewajub, that task won't be easy for someone like me o.
My introvert gene dey strong gan.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2016
3Dee:
Hello room. I'm an introvert.

@olarewajub, that task won't be easy for someone like me o.
My introvert gene dey strong gan.

Welcome to the Lounge Bro!

From your response it will be logical to say that you are introverted and also shy. You must know that Introversion and shyness are two different things. Shyness is like a plague that entangles both introverts and extrovert although majorly introverts. Most introverts deceive themselves with shyness. Alot has been said about overcoming shyness in the Lounge, you can take time to read a few pages.

Truth be told, this challenge ain't gonna be easy for any Introverts but we just have to be better introverts with the desire of making positive impart in our society with no iota of shyness. Do you know great men and women who are introverts?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2016
mrfizy:
I'm an introvert but I have learn to start small talks. A female course mate once heard me contributing to a discussion-she was shocked, she said she can't date a person like me that I look like I can't defend myself talk less of defending her. I have very few friends and really have problems making friends with the opposite sex.

Bro you're in the right place.
Congratulation on your ability to start and contribute to small talks.

About your friend, she is one of the many persons out there who do not understand that not everybody in our society is an introvert (1 in every 3 persons in the US are introverts). According to Susan Cain, we live in an extroverted society where people can't stop talking (everybody is expected to be an extrovert ). She expects you to be outspoken not putting into consideration that you may be one of those people out there who like to take things easy and take time to mingle with people in a place.
You can't defend yourself? I guess she haven't come accross an introvert who is angry, she will surely run for her life. Introverts are usually cool and slow to anger. The surely of it all is she lacks Knowledge on personalities.

Making friends with the opposite sex is some how easy and impossiible. Many introverts make friends with the opposite sex spontaneously without having to approach them and say "Hi! can we be friends?". Never you try to make friends with an opposite sex that does not understand introversion, you end up frustrated and drained.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:39am On Jul 08, 2016
may01:

Inrovert. You can take one of those personality test out there.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Happy Weekend!!!
As i promised few weeks ago, these are tips to go about public speaking as an introvert base on my personal experience. I remember how i felt when i was told i would have to deliver a sermon in church as the Youth were being celebrated that particular Sunday ; i had no option than to accept. Looking back, i will be forever grateful for the opportunity. Here are the tips;

1. Preparation: As an introvert, preparation is the most important tool and key to a successful public speaking adventure. If you have been informed about giving a presentation publicly, you need to start preparation quite early and not wait till the night before the preparion. Late preparation might work for extroverts but definitely not for an introvert (maybe except you're a pro). One thing i’ve come to realize concering public speaking as an introvert is that you actually end up saying just 60% of what you intended saying, so you see need to “overly prepare”. If you are to deliver a speech for 30minutes, my friend prepare for 1hour atleast to be on the safe side. I had to prepare for a whole week prior to deliver a 35minutes sermon. During the course of your preparation, go online and get quality materials relating to the topic you'll be presenting. Preparation is not just only about getting a good piece of material but ability to communicate your ideal verbally. Stand in front of your mirror and evision yourself in front of the crowd and practice your speech. Failure to do this is detrimental. Remember every speech you give can make you better or psychological demoralizes you. Next time you have a speech to deliver, start preparation early enough.

2. Fear: Everyone whether introvert or extrovert experience or had fear at some point in time when given the task of speaking publicly. When i was informed i was to give a sermon, i became scared of how i will be able to face such a mammoth crowd. I didn’t start preparing and i made myself forget about the ordeal because of fear but it later dawned on me i needed to face the task. At a point i told myself “why the fear?” What fear actually does is that it kinda limit us and make us feel that the possible is impossible. Next time you’re scared about public speaking, tell your self “if Susan Cain can deliver a 19minutes TED Talk, then why can’t i deliver a great speech publicly”. You must programme your mind for success and not failure. Place your hand on your chest and say “all is well”.

3. Start somewhere: The truth is that you don't just jump from nowhere and start delivering public speeches; you gotta start small and from some where. Do you actually think i would have been able to deliver a sermon to a whole congregation if i haven’t been doing something similar ? Prior to delivering the sermon, i’ve been teaching Sunday school for over 3months. I’ve learnt how to relax my nerves, relate with my audience, maintaing and feeingl more confidant while speaking from teaching Sunday school. Delivering a sermon to the whole church, i simply saw myself teaching Sunday school. If you’re a student or a worker start getting yourself involve in small group discussion with you colleagues if you intend to give a great seminar presentation someday that make you achieve success and promotions. Don’t deceive yourself by saying i’m introvert i can’t engage in group discussion because i’m an Introvert. Bill Gate former ceo of Microsoft who is an introvert did a lot of presentation when he started Microsoft. Start small with a solid foundation. Experience matters a lot.

4. Control Your Heart Rate: Everyone of us can relate to this point. By the time you stand on podium in front of everybody to deliver your speech, you might start experiencing palpitation (irregular and sound heart beat) which will subsequently affect your speech and your facial appearance. To avoid this, practice the act of breathing diaphragmatically (inhaling and exhaling deeply just like babies) just before your speech. Make sure to have adequate night rest. You can decide to drink plenty water few hours to your presentation, so that your body can maintain homeostatis. Note that you will experience diuresis (excessive urination), that is more reason why you have to do this not less than three hours before your presentation inorder to allow your body get rid of excess water in the form of urine . If you drink excess water just before your presentation, you’re in for trouble and embarrssment and definitely on your own. Also make sure to rest adequately before the presentation, ensure you are not owing sleep any allowance.

5. Voice: As you begin the presentation, your voice might betray you by being a little bit shaky which is quite normal when giving a presentation in public for the first time. The problem with this is that it sends a message to your audience that you are not confident and this can be really embarrassing. This goes simultaneously with a racing heart. The remedy for this is to prepare adequately and over come your fear. Don't allow your audience to know about your fear, appear and act confidently with a smile. Also another thing you need to note about is your voice pitch. I had serious issue with the pitch at which my voice sounded while speaking publicly as it was always fluctuating especially whenever i'm using a mic. The solution to this problem is to always learn how to keep the mic close to your mouth like very close. Your audience need to hear you audibly. If you own a PC, you can download the software “Audacity” and use it as a voice trainer.

6. God factor: Like seriously, Yes. Pray to the god you serve to help you in giving a successful presentation. I'm thankful to God for the confident he gave to me that day.

These are the tips i have for now. Your questions, contributions and criticism are welcomed. All these tips are subject to modification as i intend to post this on my blog.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cc: DonOms
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by may01(f): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Olarewajub:

Inrovert. You can take one of those personality test out there.
Where please?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
may01:

Where please?

Just Google "personality test". There is a particular site we used in the Lounge but i can't remember the url. It's been long, far back 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by may01(f): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Olarewajub:

Just Google "personality test". There is a particular site we used in the Lounge but i can't remember the url. It's been long, far back 2014
Okay, thanks.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 09, 2016
DonOms:

You MAY as well NOT die alone. smiley
Being introvert is honestly not as bad as this extrovert-favoured world make it seem. You only need to learn. Friendship may not be so easy for us but making acquaintances isn't rocket science. You have school mates, colleagues, neighbours e.t.c. That's how it starts. You can't make friends of complete strangers anyway..lol. So when next you see that neighbour, ask about their day instead of just saying "good morning" and running off. Ask that classmate or colleague about work-related stuff and when it is lunch time, don't sit alone but join an acquaintance who may not mind to share a table. The opportunities to make friends are always there so just pay attention. When you keep doing things like this, you'll realize how easier it gets. And stop feeling intimidated by extroverts who have gazillion so-called friends. Introverts always have few. So there's no rush grin.

Fear (as well as shyness) is perhaps the commonest problem associated with introverts. And it's probably because we think too much. While an extrovert approaches a stranger and chats without caution, an introvert had first thought of 101 reasons why the stranger WILL reject her/him or be mean to him/her.

It's natural to crave companionship - it's a basic instinct, very innate - despite liking your own company best. The way to go is to start small by doing an extra talk with that acquaintance, returning that phone call, taking a stroll sometimes and not minding to chat with that 'aboki' in his small stall while you buy candy or greeting that person who lives on your street.

It's mostly a world of extroverts but because we rule it, we can try to overcome that fear and feel at "home" sometimes. wink

Very insightful. Thank you so much.

PS: can we take this conversation to Whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 09, 2016
So i just took this personality test and it came out as ISTJ.....
Good, right

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 09, 2016
I believe most have read this book

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.sssch.net/Admin/ckfinder/userfiles/files/xinlizixun/shuji/%25E5%25AE%2589%25E9%259D%2599%2520%25E8%258B%25B1%25E6%2596%2587%25E7%2589%2588%2520Quiet_%2520The%2520Power%2520of%2520Introverts%2520in%2520a%2520World%2520That%2520Can't%2520Stop%2520Talking-Crown%2520(2012).pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj-vKS9u-XNAhWGI8AKHTMzBhEQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGAj5TJiUANWi9rec9dmitEnLjKuA

Hehe, the link is amazing smiley , Title is Quiet, the Power of an Introvert in a World that cant stop Talking

Happy reading smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.