Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (25984 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Greyworld: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
hakku: Remembered one guy who went to a resturant in d east and was served food not knowing that d meat inside was vulture when he eventually discovered he almost vomitted his intestine out.

Tah! Yu can lie. Small tym yu go say dey served him well garnished ebola virus.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by nicetboy(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tallesty1: Nothing can stop me from eating bush meat............. I know most of them sha so nobody can fool me into buying something else.
pls I knw hw mch u love it bt 4 d sake of ur self nd pple ard u stop eatin bush me 4 now Ebiola is vry real ok
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
spyder880: Anu nchi and correct fresh palm-wine never killed anybody before grin
it has never killed anyone i stand to be quoted anywhere,
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by hensben(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Who cares
As far as say I dey use hot water cook the bush meat so no le le, ebola go run when hot water touch am.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Greyworld: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chaleeee: @OP Wch 1 be "impaler" again? P.O.I.D.B.I.

why do dis 2 yur sef? Charlee!
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by chidikus: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
When i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
Ebola virus.who be Ebola.Afer steaming all virus in d body dead.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com ;DWhen i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Tallesty1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Pray tell.... how do you differentiate between Tiger meat and an Antelope's meat since it seems "you've eaten all the bush meat" that exist.
Their scent.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by chidikus: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
:DWhen i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com ;DWhen i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Tallesty1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
nicetboy: pls I knw hw mch u love it bt 4 d sake of ur self nd pple ard u stop eatin bush me 4 now Ebiola is vry real ok
Thank You Sir But Nothing Can Stop Me From Eating Bush Meat, haba..... So person no fit eat wetin e like because of ebola?
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
eaglechild:

Really?!

So you encourage the depletion of rare wild life.

believe me bro, this things are not rare at all, a village hunter would get you a full boar (bush pig) for just 35k and you fit use am host your wedding, this animals na only paper dem dey from dey rare, if i send one village hunter go catch on of those remaining 100 gorrilas in naija i am guaranteed to have it before tuesday, so long as the pay is right. No be we local consumers make them rare, na urbanisation and destruction of thier natural habitat and forest na him cause am. I am innocent, although my grandfather have the skin of several leopard in his large hunting collections
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by chakaz(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Very soon, bush meat all be having NAFDAC number
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Tallesty1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Frankenstein: You are the fool here if you stick to your bush-meat addiction and ignore safety measures. This is the exact reason why so many new diseases have infected humans. Eating undercooked meat of reservoir hosts of deadly pathogens.
I have three things to tell you, 1st, I'm not addicted to bush meat, 2nd I don't eat under-cooked meat, 3rd grow up and stop insulting people online.

Frankenstein: Stubborn uneducated and intractable people have been causing epidemics since 2000BC!
I honestly don't have time for you and peole like you on this forum, so if I were you I would respect myself and stop giving advice where it is not needed.

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by eaglechild: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: believe me bro, this things are not rare at all, a village hunter would get you a full boar (bush pig) for just 35k and you fit use am host your wedding, this animals na only paper dem dey from dey rare, if i send one village hunter go catch on of those remaining 100 gorrilas in naija i am guaranteed to have it before tuesday, so long as the pay is right. No be we local consumers make them rare, na urbanisation and destruction of thier natural habitat and forest na him cause am. I am innocent, although my grandfather have the skin of several leopard in his large hunting collections

I love wildlife.

I didn't know leopards were common in Nigeria.

I actually doubt they are.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Frankenstein: This is why Africa will never develop! Backward and unreasonable thinking. I feel like slapping you, mister.
dont mind him, instead of him to say heineken,
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thank you for telling the long throats undecided

Gboliwe:
Plus bush meat is a carrier of the deadly ebola virus. I think we should run from these kind of meat now.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by NwaNimo1(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Frankenstein: This is why Africa will never develop! Backward and unreasonable thinking. I feel like slapping you, mister.

You couldn't - Trust me.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
eaglechild:

I love wildlife.

I didn't know leopards were common in Nigeria.

I actually doubt they are.
of course they are rare, you only find them on special occasions, sometimes this hunters do not intentionaly hunt them down na just mistake, but when they get them na to sell am sharply, believe me i like wildlife(bushmeat) too, but we both see it from different perspective
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Long throat so you dey chop cockroachundecided

natureblack: Op,forget wetin dey write for motor enta motor.Who has that time asking what bush-meat it is

Last bullet: God has given us dominion over all creature on earth.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by nellyelitz(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
I've suspended that from my menu till further notice....

#EbolaVirusDiseaseAlert
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: thanks minister, but oga minister why you nor like bushbaby now, i promise you if you taste am you go subscribe oh, potto meat na nice one oh, only say the close resemblance of its hand to the human hand they scare me
lol on that note sir,i go add am to my long to do list .but without the hands sha..i no relate to cliford
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by myspnigeria: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
bush animals must really be happy to n free at least for now.....lol

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by joomiegirl(f): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
eddyland: Bush meat today has no doubt become one of Nigerians most relished delicacy in the meat categories of our meals.

I could remember my first visit to a restaurant in Benin, the first in the list of the kinds of meat they presented was bush meat. Though I opted for goat meat cos it was my favourite.

Now, a lot of people eat bush meat, but the question here is, what realy is bush meat and which animal is mostly behind bush meat?

The real mystry behind bush meat can even be seen mostly on bush meat sellers. Try to ask a bush meat seller the kind of animal behind bush meat that he/she sells, I bet you that most of them will present false information on that. Their easiest escape rout answer is that it is an antelope meat, but you and I know quite alright that it is not always antelopes.

The funy thing is that even if it is human parts they are selling to you under the guise of bush meat, some of you will still relish it without knowing.

I have witnessed a bush meat seller being arrested for selling vulture as bush meat to their unsuspecting buyers.

But I was surprise on the arrest cos I think say for many people, bush meat na bush meat, then why is that one different and even leading to arrest.

Monkey, eagle, owl, lion, impaler, grass cutter, squirell, lizard, bush cat, vulture, kangeroo, antelope etc, all nobi bush meat?

Oya bush meat eaters, share your bush meat eating experiences.

Do you have any idea the kind of animal meat you eat under the guise of bush meat?

Nairaland is almost pissing me off lately...
Seriously, are the Mods dozing? How did this make fp?
People are trying not to panic in respect of the Ebola situation, and here is a thread on Fp salivating over bush meat..the one Major cause of the disease!!
I just don't get it. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
You should be quarantined!!

overhypedsteve: its easy cat meats always have this distinct taste, i remember when we bought a fresh leopard on my bday, the whole house fell sick after eating the meat, cat meats are not too sweet, either leopard oh, lion oh, cheeter oh, except that west african civet(i nor know either i spell am well) na dat one be the game changer for cat meat, lest i forget monkey meat dey make sence for stew, choi,
abi na scaly anteater you want talk, me dey look for them when them hungry me, i nor mind run go village market go buy this thing, to hell with ebola, this western people want to make us feel that anything african is bad

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by laurel03(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
During my nysc year we leaved very close to bush and any time our pocket is red some of my friends will just enter the bush at our backyard and kill fowls and they will be saying they went for hunting and kill bush meat... Indigine fowl is their own bush meat.. My advice to anybody that one to eat bush meat is that they should buy the one they just killed from bush (fresh) so that they will see the type of animal they want to eat..
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by crowther15(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
Plus bush meat is a carrier of the deadly ebola virus. I think we should run from these kind of meat now.
must u post?
bush meat av been eating right from childhood
we never contacted virus from it
even still eating eat now
did u want to me if it were from bush meat it means All Nigerian is having Ebola
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Frankenstein: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: dont mind him, instead of him to say heineken,
Why did you make me laugh? This is a serious issue.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
Please stop hunting endangered animals! angry

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by MrT2011(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: its easy cat meats always have this distinct taste, i remember when we bought a fresh leopard on my bday, the whole house fell sick after eating the meat, cat meats are not too sweet, either leopard oh, lion oh, cheeter oh, except that west african civet(i nor know either i spell am well) na dat one be the game changer for cat meat, lest i forget monkey meat dey make sence for stew, choi,
abi na scaly anteater you want talk, me dey look for them when them hungry me, i nor mind run go village market go buy this thing, to hell with ebola, this western people want to make us feel that anything african is bad

shocked shocked
Sorry! You ate Pussycat- they taste alike, so can easily disguise as Leopard- where do you think they found Leopard, Lion or any wild cat- they are animals on extinction. Even when they find it for sale; I bet it'll be ridiculously expensive and unaffordable. Do you know the black market value for wild cat skins? Let alone the meat.

For the monkey you eat - Note that Human and Monkeys share same anatomy; so their meat will also taste alike.

The serial massacre, bombing and killings going on these days makes Human Flesh very much available in every hood, plus the desperation on most Nigerians to make money; many would certainly be lured. Such people will dive into this illicit act of selling to you Human meat in disguise for Monkey meat.

My dear friend you must had ate a Human Flesh.

Remember YOU are what you EAT! undecided

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by JEITO: 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
madcow disease came and went, swine flu, bird flu even lassa fever sef have all come and gone. These diseases, are just like fashion trends; they come and go so don't allow one small sickness, deprive u of enjoying bushmeat. Afterall, we have power over all the animals and by extension, whatever they carry.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by MrT2011(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
chidikus: When i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.

Nwa Dibia! grin cheesy grin
Aroba, Olee way cool

Odeshi!""
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by JEITO: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Any meat from the bush is a bush meat, irrespective of the type of animal. As far as the hunter succeeded in killing it and roasting it, let the eating continue.

Me go join the participation later. cheesy
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by kilokeys(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bush meat dey make sense o. As long as u see d head of d animal in question. I don chop gazelle, grasscutter and almost ate monkey.. But the limbs were looking human.

Ebola ke... After roasting.. Then cooking and frying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? / This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat. / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.