Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit (9818 Views)

Edo Discovers Large Coal Deposit…could Generate 1,200mw Electricity For Decades / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Firm To Invest $1.5bn In Enugu Coal Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by fiverrwin(f): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2014
Is high time we do something about all our natural resources
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Godswillbdone(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2014
gramci: Say no to APC in Ala Igbo
Even when they are making sensible contributions and suggestions towards development of Ala Igbo? Must we politiicise everything in Nigeria? Mind you, I am non partisan.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2014
Many Nigerians don't even know the role of an opposition.

I want to believe the problems stems from the fact that in the last 15 years of democratic rule, we never had a formidable opposition party until last year.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tit(f): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2014
United States' coal plants produced 1,517,203 gigawatt hours of electricity, or 37.4 percent of total U.S. electricity.

China is the largest consumer of coal in the world,[1] , generating 1.95 trillion kilowatt-hours per year, or 68.7% of its electricity from coal as of 2006.

This is a winning topic for APC in Enugu, Kogi, Benue and Ebonyi states.

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by rozayx5(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA:
The coal issue is on point very soon it will manifest.
but apc need to stop playing politics with everything, the other day it was second niger bridge, thank God ochiagha chino put them in their rightful place by providing pictures of works going on there
today the same desperate set people is here with enugu coal issue!

some jweeds still dont believe the bridge is under construction cheesy cheesy
chino sent them to the cleaners cheesy

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by RichDad1(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by slimfit1(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2014
ichidodo: Being a nuisance to the polity is not the job of an opposition..Go figure.

Ok I give up with you people.

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by kel4soft: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2014
My Igbo brothers if not for opposition, this second Niger Bridge wouldn't have materialized. You know how long it took for the FG to fulfil its ground breaking event since 2011 election promise. We are moving forward because of vibrant opposition. The work of opposition is to criticize and give solution which Okechukwu Osita did in his statement. After blaming the PDP government for failing to make Enugu State productive. He suggested coal would have been an alternative. Igbos, una wise pass like this na.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ichidodo: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2014
slimfit1:

Ok I give up with you people.
Will take that as a compliment.....
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2014
nnamdibig: ENUGU—The All Progressives Congress, APC, has expressed concern over the listing of Enugu among the parasitic states contributing nothing to the Federation Account, in spite of the huge coal deposit worth billions of Dollars in the state yet to be explored.
The party’s spokesman in the South East zone, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, made this known while addressing the Udi Local Government Area Exco of APC, Enugu State, at 9th Mile Corner, near Enugu, Sunday.
He recalled that mid July, a pro-Jonathan group, Committee of Pro-Federal Delegates, National Conference, in an advertorial on how Southern states subsidize Northern states, listed Enugu among the states with zero contribution to the Federation Account.
The party said enough revenue would have been generated from Enugu State had the Federal Government, led by President Goodluck Jonathan, fulfilled his promise to revamp Enugu Coal into Coal-Fired-Plant aimed at producing 1000MW of electricity.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/apc-raps-fg-abandonment-enugu-coal-deposit#sthash.IpyPzodl.dpuf

I thought the coal was been exploited before even independence and was abandoned due to economic VIABILITY issues
The government only LICENCES private investors to exploit VIABLE mineral deposits (that is what is done with crude oil) so what stops APC Enugu from contacting private investors to seek such LICENCE and exploit if indeed it is still VIABLE

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2014
emiye: Many Nigerians don't even know the role of an opposition.

I want to believe the problems stems from the fact that in the last 15 years of democratic rule, we never had a formidable opposition party until last year.

Has there been an "opposition" in Lagos that has been 100% under the control of Thief'nubu & Co for over 15 years
Abi no need for "opposition" in Lagos state and other states controlled by APC?

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA:
but apc need to stop playing politics with everything, the other day it was second niger bridge, thank God ochiagha chino put them in their rightful place by providing pictures of works going on there
It is because of people like you that make me feel discouraged making comments on NL, you don't make any logical comment. I can't but agree with Barcanister that between the APC and PDP guys on NL, the APC guys have a well-thought arguement.

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2014
GeneralJ:
You're so blinded by hate you don't even see the point being made
I can't but agree with Thambo Mbeki that Nigerians get the type of leaders they desire.

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by deebrain(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2014
(in 2pac's voice) for the moment, i thought y'all going gangster on the authority. sheeet.... The heat from true MCs, dead or alive could come holla at-what you call em? (someone tells him), yeah- supporter of APC bros, right? (he laughs as he sips a glass of henessy)
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2014
Sylvarresta: Jona d drunk, all this people ranting GEJ till whatever, I pity your future and that of your children, continue collecting rice and spoil your future. Awon were gbogbo Stomach Infrastructure.
. Na you and your generation future ...GEJ till JANJAWEEEEEEDS get sense no mater how many years it takes

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by VMLTDSMS(m): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2014
nnamdibig: ENUGU—The All Progressives Congress, APC, has expressed concern over the listing of Enugu among the parasitic states contributing nothing to the Federation Account, in spite of the huge coal deposit worth billions of Dollars in the state yet to be explored.
The party’s spokesman in the South East zone, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, made this known while addressing the Udi Local Government Area Exco of APC, Enugu State, at 9th Mile Corner, near Enugu, Sunday.
He recalled that mid July, a pro-Jonathan group, Committee of Pro-Federal Delegates, National Conference, in an advertorial on how Southern states subsidize Northern states, listed Enugu among the states with zero contribution to the Federation Account.
The party said enough revenue would have been generated from Enugu State had the Federal Government, led by President Goodluck Jonathan, fulfilled his promise to revamp Enugu Coal into Coal-Fired-Plant aimed at producing 1000MW of electricity.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/apc-raps-fg-abandonment-enugu-coal-deposit#sthash.IpyPzodl.dpuf

NIGERIA IS RICHLY BLESSED WITH NATURAL RESOURCES WHICH A-LOT HAS BEEN ABANDONED IN PURSUIT OF CRUDE,IS TIME WE START EXTENDING TO ALL ABANDONED RESOURCES TO BOOST OUR ECONOMY.

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by waternogetenemy: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Wat is it with this APC and there obsession with the people of the east now adays? angry

The Federal Gov has awarded contract already for Coal to be used to power electricity plant being built in Enugu.

Enugu is fine thanx to PDP and GEJ Federal Government.

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2014
I feel that this is bad in Enugu they got coal calcite lime stone and good land. they have tourist potential I was in Enugu few days ago it is such a beautiful city with street lights and street cameras working

federal government goofed here

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Jovie: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
chimchim1: That was a campaign promise.

Oya, govt fulfill your promise
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

Has there been an "opposition" in Lagos that has been 100% under the control of Thief'nubu & Co for over 15 years
Abi no need for "opposition" in Lagos state and other states controlled by APC?

For me, as long as the centre remains that strong, my area of concern for the greatest need for opposition is at the centre,
PDP by virtue of being the party at the centre tends to find it easy to retain opposition strength in states they are not controlling. I want the opposition to capture more states, as such we will have something close to equilibrium in the political strength of the two main parties. There is almost a direct linkage in the number of states the opposition party controls and the strength and vibrancy of its opposition. Political evolution will handle your concern, the moment both parties are almost equally weighted.

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by 500GP: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2014
expressed concern over the listing of Enugu
among the parasitic states contributing nothing
to the Federation Account - TRULY ENUGU IS A PARASITIC STATE. NO WONDER THEY ALL COME DOWN TO SOUTH WEST TO SURVIVE
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by blocker: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2014
kel4soft: My Igbo brothers if not for opposition, this second Niger Bridge wouldn't have materialized. You know how long it took for the FG to fulfil its ground breaking event since 2011 election promise. We are moving forward because of vibrant opposition. The work of opposition is to criticize and give solution which Okechukwu Osita did in his statement. After blaming the PDP government for failing to make Enugu State productive. He suggested coal would have been an alternative. Igbos, una wise pass like this na.

grin grin grin grin We wise shee? The suggestion by APC deyy good but I know you are wise enough to know the primary reason the coal point was made by the party with all their national executives from one religion... IsLaM.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by 500GP: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2014
The party said enough revenue would have been
generated from Enugu State had the Federal
Government, led by President Goodluck Jonathan,
fulfilled his promise to revamp Enugu Coal into
Coal-Fired-Plant aimed at producing 1000MW of
electricity.

GEJ IS PLAYING ON THE INTELLIGENCE OF SOUTH LEASTERNERS.

GEJ IS STILL PLAYING ON THE INTELLIGENCE OF SOUTH LEASTERNERS PERTAINING TO SECOND NIGER BRIDGE

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ibietela2(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA:

Even if they eventually win, they will forget what COAL is an chase OIL
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by 500GP: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA:

YOU MEAN THOSE FAKE PICTURES CHINO UPLOADED AND TAGGED "MASSIVE WORK ON THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE"

IN THOSE PICTURES, ONE SAW ONLY ABANDONED MACHINES, TRUCK (CATERPILLAR TIPPER)

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2014
emiye:

For me, as long as the centre remains that strong, my area of concern for the greatest need for opposition is at the centre,
PDP by virtue of being the party at the centre tends to find it easy to retain opposition strength in states they are not controlling. I want the opposition to capture more states, as such we will have something close to equilibrium in the political strength of the two main parties. There is almost a direct linkage in the number of states the opposition party controls and the strength and vibrancy of its opposition. Political evolution will handle your concern, the moment both parties are almost equally weighted.

How many states are currently under the control of the "opposition"
I thought they have (had) majority in the House of Reps?

And what has the "opposition" done about making the centre weaker during the (at least two) constitution AMENDMENTS we have had

Talk is CHEAP!
Action is EXPENSIVE
Beacuse oil money is very SWEET!!!

BTW, does our constitution recognise an "opposition" as we had in the 1st Republic with their Parliamentary system as compared with the current Presidential sysytem

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Sylvarresta(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2014
remember007: . Na you and your generation future ...GEJ till JANJAWEEEEEEDS get sense no mater how many years it takes
I don't like simpleton quoting me, get a life bro.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ibietela2(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: This country is just so much possesed with everything called backwardness!
So... Large coal deposit was abondoned in Enugu.
Our FG's memory card don format?

You mean supporter of APC TRASH?
Do you just typed rubbish all the time?
What's ya problem sef?
Can't you see they are only reminding GEJ that Enugu should be an asset & not liability?
Last Bullet
You just bad belle & politicize everything to APC witchunting PDP?
Go to the thread above this one & tell us where the subsidy buses are?

Is there no Governor there?

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Descartes: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Nice. PDP over to you tongue
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by gramci: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2014
Godswillbdone: Even when they are making sensible contributions and suggestions towards development of Ala Igbo? Must we politiicise everything in Nigeria? Mind you, I am non partisan.

What do you mean that you are not partisan? Did I ask you? Why not start by showing me how they contribute towards developing Ala Igbo.

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher: I feel that this is bad in Enugu they got coal calcite lime stone and good land. they have tourist potential I was in Enugu few days ago it is such a beautiful city with street lights and street cameras working

federal government goofed here

How EXACTLY did the federal government goof vis-a-vis its CONSTITUTIONAL role in promoting investments in a particular sector and the role of significant OTHERS in differnet parts of the country

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2014
ibietela2:

Is there no Governor there?

Abi o!
And they also have three SINators collecting mega millions for doing almost NOTHING in the NASS.
Not forgetting their representaTHIEVES as well.

What have they done to bring this matter up in Abuja vis-a-vis the ROLE of the federal government in LICENSING PRIVATE investors to exploit the coal deposit if VIABLE commercially

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S H O C K I N G: A Town In Imo State Has A Muslim As King / Elections: Buratai Avoids Question On Military’s Interference / NIN Not Mandatory For Voter Registration – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.