Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,154 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit (9892 Views)

Edo Discovers Large Coal Deposit…could Generate 1,200mw Electricity For Decades / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Firm To Invest $1.5bn In Enugu Coal Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by JEITO: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2014
The state Govt should have initiated a move to encourage the FG to support them na. I wonder why we expect the president to do everything; why then do we have state governors, local govt chairmen and counsellors?

States need to show commitment too for crying out loud. Had some state governors done what they should have done, the boko haram issue, wouldn't have become a National menace as it is now.

Stop looking for loopholes to exploit and start playing your part to grow the Nation. Who says you must be in power before you impact meaninfully on the people?

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Emmafrancis: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2014
Sylvarresta: Jona d drunk, all this people ranting GEJ till whatever, I pity your future and that of your children, continue collecting rice and spoil your future. Awon were gbogbo Stomach Infrastructure.
GEJ till 2019!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by GodMode: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2014
tit: United States' coal plants produced 1,517,203 gigawatt hours of electricity, or 37.4 percent of total U.S. electricity.

China is the largest consumer of coal in the world,[1] , generating 1.95 trillion kilowatt-hours per year, or 68.7% of its electricity from coal as of 2006.

This is a winning topic for APC in Enugu, Kogi, Benue and Ebonyi states.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Sylvarresta(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2014
OlaJohnson1:
It takes a nation of fools to be led by idiots. I can't but agree with Thambo Mbeki that Nigerians get the type of leaders they desire.
Gbam

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by kel4soft: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2014
blocker:

grin grin grin grin We wise shee? The suggestion by APC deyy good but I know you are wise enough to know the primary reason the coal point was made by the party with all their national executives from one religion... IsLaM.

Oyegun is their chairman and is a Muslim while PDP Chairman Muazu is a strict Christian. <applause>

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Sylvarresta(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2014
Emmafrancis:
GEJ till 2019!!!!!!
You need to see your doctor

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

How many states are currently under the control of the "opposition"
I thought they have (had) majority in the House of Reps?

And what has the "opposition" done about making the centre weaker during the (at least two) constitution AMENDMENTS we have had

Talk is CHEAP!
Action is EXPENSIVE
Beacuse oil money is very SWEET!!!

BTW, does our constitution recognise an "opposition" as we had in the 1st Republic with their Parliamentary system as compared with the current Presidential sysytem

Why is the PDP striving so hard to reduce the number of states in the opposition through impeachment galore?

Why is PDP buying over national assembly lawmakers to their fold?

Can a minority votes override majority votes in a constitutional amendment?

Do you realise PDP has annexes in pseudo opposition parties like Labour, APGA, accord e.t.c ?

PDP understand the lesser number of states they control, the weaker they are at the centre, and the more the vibrancy of the opposition.

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by GodMode: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2014
kel4soft: My Igbo brothers if not for opposition, this second Niger Bridge wouldn't have materialized. You know how long it took for the FG to fulfil its ground breaking event since 2011 election promise. We are moving forward because of vibrant opposition. The work of opposition is to criticize and give solution which Okechukwu Osita did in his statement. After blaming the PDP government for failing to make Enugu State productive. He suggested coal would have been an alternative. Igbos, una wise pass like this na.

second Niger Bridge never materialise Oooo.. Cos its not complete don't be deceived by pictures....

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ibietela2(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2014
slimfit1:

What do you think he is doing ? You pdp supporters you don't have brains. What do you think the job of an opposition is ?

Offering help without SOLUTION
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Emmafrancis: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Sylvarresta: You need to see your doctor
and you need spiritual deliverance. Stop pulling our president down. If you dont like him then give us a better alternate (dont even consider buhari) in the next election so we can vote for that person. Untill then "GEJ all the way to 2019."

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2014
JEITO: The state Govt should have initiated a move to encourage the FG to support them na. I wonder why we expect the president to do everything; why then do we have state governors, local govt chairmen and counsellors?

States need to show commitment too for crying out loud. [size=15pt]Had some state governors done what they should have done, the boko haram issue, wouldn't have become a National menace as it is now.[/size]

Stop looking for loopholes to exploit and start playing your part to grow the Nation. Who says you must be in power before you impact meaninfully on the people?

You are so on point for the highlighted:
Borno state received N 94 billion in 2013, which was more than any South East or South west state except Lagos & Oyo states. What did their governor do with all that money

The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has challenged state governors to tell Nigerians what they do with the huge allocations they receive regularly from the Federal Government.

According to the minister, many of the states get monetary allocations that far outweigh the annual budget of some neigbouring countries to Nigeria.

Okonjo-Iweala spoke on Sunday at Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, while delivering the Babcock University’s convocation lecture entitled: ‘Transforming Nigeria’s economy: Opportunities and challenges’.

The minister alongside the Executive Producer of Moments with Mo on Ebonyi Live TV, Mo Abudu, received the university’s honorary doctorate degrees.

Okonjo-Iweala, who urged Nigerians to be more discerning, noted that the governors had no reason not to develop their states, given the huge amounts they regularly got from Federation Account.

According to her, it is high time Nigerians held their governors accountable over the money collect on their behalf to accelerate development of their states.

Noting that the constitution had placed the provision of some basic public services on the concurrent list, making it the joint responsibilities of the three arms of government, she decried that Nigerians seldom asked what the governors were doing to develop their states.

Okonjo-Iweala said, “Clearly, the Federal Government cannot do it alone; we need the private sector to work with us and we have reached out to them in transforming Nigeria. But, in addition to that, we should ask ourselves what is the role of the state and local governments in supporting our transformation.

“A lot of attention is turned on the Federal Government. So, we also need to ask what our states and local governments do with the resources they get.”

The minister said the states were getting their monthly allocations, adding that the information was being published in the media so that the people would know what accrued to the federal, state and local governments.

She added, “We need to ask more questions; poverty eradication and building of infrastructure are not only by the Federal Government. In 2013, the top 10 allocations were going to the following states:

- Akwa Ibom, N260bn;
- Rivers, N220bn;
- Delta N209bn;
- Bayelsa, N173bn;
- Lagos, N168bn;
- Kano, N140bn;
- Katsina, N103bn;
- Oyo, N100bn;
- Kaduna N97bn; and
[size=15pt]- Borno at number 10 with N94bn.[/size]

“These were the allocations all these states got last year. The question is what did they do with the money?

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/account-for-your-allocations-okonjo-iweala-dares-govs/

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2014
emiye:

Why is the PDP striving so hard to reduce the number of states in the opposition through impeachment galore?

Why is PDP buying over national assembly lawmakers to their fold?

Can a minority votes override majority votes in a constitutional amendment?

BEFORE you get to override or not, you must first get to make a CONCRETE proposition and convince others to toe your line, nor be so
Please share with us the CONCRETE propositions on the floors of the SINate and House of representaTHIEVES for a "weaker centre" during the last constitution amendment debates.
Did APC representaTHIEF, Abike Dabiri not push through the FOI bill

Again I say:

Talk is CHEAP!
Action is EXPENSIVE!!!
Because oil money is very SWEET!!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

How EXACTLY did the federal government goof vis-a-vis its CONSTITUTIONAL role in promoting investments in a particular sector and the role of significant OTHERS in differnet parts of the country

nice question

fgn shouldn't have classified enugu as a parasitic state. they have mining and exploration at exclusive list so what do you expect Sullivan to do in this situation

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

nice question

fgn shouldn't have classified enugu as a parasitic state. they have mining and exploration at exclusive list so what do you expect Sullivan to do in this situation

I believe there is an English word called LOBBY wink
He and the three SINators plus the House of RepresentaThief members have enough leverage to convince the RELEVANT agencies of the FGN to do the needful for Anambra's coal to be LICENSED to PRIVATE investors for exploitation.
Get it

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Sylvarresta(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Emmafrancis:
and you need spiritual deliverance. Stop pulling our president down. If you dont like him then give us a better alternate (dont even consider buhari) in the next election so we can vote for that person. Untill then "GEJ all the way to 2019."
Buhari ke, that's the problem with you people, you have eyes yet u can't see. Why can't you vote for me, walahi I swear makachuckwu u na go enjoy like say na heaven you de.... #Sylva till Jesus come#
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ibietela2(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

Abi o!
And they also have three SINators collecting mega millions for doing almost NOTHING in the NASS.
Not forgetting their representaTHIEVES as well.

What have they done to bring this matter up in Abuja vis-a-vis the ROLE of the federal government in LICENSING PRIVATE investors to exploit the coal deposit if VIABLE commercially

I tire o

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

BEFORE you get to override or not, you must first get to make a CONCRETE proposition and convince others to toe your line, nor be so
Please share with us the CONCRETE propositions on the floors of the SINate and House of representaTHIEVES for a "weaker centre" during the last constitution amendment debates.
Did APC representaTHIEF, Abike Dabiri not push through the FOI bill

Again I say:

Talk is CHEAP!
Action is EXPENSIVE!!!
Because oil money is very SWEET!!!

Your political biasness will not make you accept the truth.
It took long years of turmoil and a magnanimous intervention of then speaker of house rep before Abike Dabiri was only able to push through the FOI bill,

The House of Representative today pass the Freedom of Information Bill FOI that was dogged with a lot of obstacles in record time following the intervention of Speaker Dimeji Bankole. The bill was originally sponsosored by Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa and others but was opposed by majority of members who feels that
there are no clauses to guard against using the law as political blackmail. http://www.elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/3-news/newsflash/5427-newsflash-house-pass-foi-bill-v15-5427

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 9:58am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

I believe there is an English word called LOBBY wink
He and the three SINators plus the House of RepresentaThief members have enough leverage to convince the RELEVANT agencies of the FGN to do the needful for Anambra's coal to be LICENSED to PRIVATE investors for exploitation.
Get it

as an Igbo man I think the resources should be left un tapped till we get Biafra

4 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

as an Igbo man I think the resources should be left un tapped till we get Biafra

and in the meantime you continue sharing along with our Born-to-Rule brethren the revenue from Niger Delta oil while the SS people suffer the consequences, abi

Please note that we in the south only give the north plenty of room to maintain the exploitative status quo when we demonstrate the attitude you expressed above.
Na who come dey lose/gain pass

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

and in the meantime you continue sharing along with our Born-to-Rule brethren the revenue from Niger Delta oil while the SS people suffer the consequences, abi

Please note that we in the south only give the north plenty of room to maintain the exploitative status quo when we demonstrate the attitude you expressed above.
Na who come dey lose/gain pass

my brother south south are our cousins and brothers that's a fact what affects them affects us also cos we have to stand by you. but they felt that they want to spite igbos but never knew they are helping us

its a pity but we can't cry more than the bereaved

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2014
emiye: Many Nigerians don't even know the role of an opposition.

I want to believe the problems stems from the fact that in the last 15 years of democratic rule, we never had a formidable opposition party until last year.

and is APC formidable
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nicepoker(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Nobleval: Nigerian govt is a disgrace. Abandoned projects everywhere. Go to MMIA.
u are so so 5tupid.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2014
gleaf: Gej has started construction of Niger bridge and the supporters of APC are looking for a dummy to sell to south east! FAILED ATTEMPT WEEDS!
is it a bad thing that we have opposition that is giving this pdp goats pressure to perform unlike before

Some nigerians are just too st.pid

How can this country move forward with this kind of thinking..Gosh!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2014
Nicepoker: u are so so 5tupid.
wao! Am I? Thank you bro!
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA:
The coal issue is on point very soon it will manifest.
but apc need to stop playing politics with everything, the other day it was second niger bridge, thank God ochiagha chino put them in their rightful place by providing pictures of works going on there
today the same desperate set people is here with enugu coal issue!
how old are you? Is it a crime to have an opposition that's giving these pdp goats pressure to perform unlike before
No wonder this country is how it is today
It sucks to be you...many bad eggs in this our nation.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2014
padeolu: APC trying to woo the Igbo over.
if you say so fine, but is it a bad thing to have strong opposition giving pdp pressure to perform unlike before were they loot without looking back.
Btw, am not in any party b4 u label me apc because that's what you guys know to say, even lagbaja is apc now cos he is standing for justice

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

and is APC formidable
Yes, if It can as much as possible ensure it withstands the current negative decimating forces of the ruling party. An opposition party is formidable if it can "bark and bite", i.e it has the political chest to put the ruling party on its toes, and also capture power. But usually, we tend to have opposition who can only bark.

Of what use is an opposition that it is known that it can only bark but can not bite?
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2014
emiye: Yes, if It can as much as possible ensure it withstands the current negative decimating forces of the ruling party. An opposition party is formidable if it can "bark and bite", i.e it has the political chest to put the ruling party on its toes, and also capture power. But usually, we tend to have opposition who can only bark.

Of what use is an opposition that it is known that it can only bark but can not bite?

OK na let's see who will bark and how they will bark

so they are dogs now

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2014
OlaJohnson1:
It is because of people like you that make me feel discouraged making comments on NL, you don't make any logical comment. I can't but agree with Barcanister that between the APC and PDP guys on NL, the APC guys have a well-thought arguement.
FACT!!!

In the typical Nigerian spirit, the PDP guys are intellectually lazy because they hold power and they believe they would hold power forever. Just the same way Nigeria became lazy when oil was discovered... The PDP guys come up with some ridiculous arguments that would make any sensible person cringe and when they want to save you the stress, they simply scream "GEJ till 2019."

I wouldn't forget in a hurry, the shock I received about a month ago when I argued with a cousin who strongly believed Nigeria was a better nation under GEJ and cited an unprecedented improvement in power supply as he now gets minimum 18hrs of power daily. Of all things to cite as an example, it was NEPA shocked shocked I couldn't understand how a sane person could subject himself to such self inflicted delusion.

On the other hand, the APC guys know they have to be extra smart and convincing in their arguments to win over people... Unfortunately, no matter the smart arguments put up by the APC e-warriors, it has little or no effect because a majority of Nigerians are lazy upstairs, we simply believe in religion, ethnicity, tribe and then the embarrassing rice and beans politics...

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2014
NOBODY SHOULD TOUCH THE HUGE AMOUNT OF COAL DEPOSITS IN ENUGU AND IN SOME PARTS OF ANAMBRA AND EBONYI UNTIL BIAFRA IS REALIZED. ENUGU REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STATES IN THE COUNTRY AND WELL PLANNED CITY... FUTURE CAPITAL OF BIAFRA. CARE MUST BE TAKEN IN TAPPING INTO SUCH RESOURCE TO PRESERVE THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT. PRAISE TO GOV. CHIME, AND SAY NO...BIG NO TO JAJAWEED PEOPLE AND THEIR PARTY!
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by fashrola(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2014
double3: Coal is not a clean source of energy,any mega project involving burning of coal to produce electricity is not ideal in this very 21st century. The world is going green therefore we should tap into the green economy as well.
please preach it to most of these dumb people on NL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Appeals To Supreme Court To Give Accelerated Hearing To VAT Case / Explosion In Ibadan? / Daniel Leads S-west PDP For Jonathan’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.