Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit (9830 Views)

Edo Discovers Large Coal Deposit…could Generate 1,200mw Electricity For Decades / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Firm To Invest $1.5bn In Enugu Coal Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2014
hensben: if you say so fine, but is it a bad thing to have strong opposition giving pdp pressure to perform unlike before were they loot without looking back.
Btw, am not in any party b4 u label me apc because that's what you guys know to say, even lagbaja is apc now cos he is standing for justice

Do you think that in the APC states where there is no "bark & bite opposition", they don't "loot without looking back"
What about the LGAs in these APC controlled states, which are 100% "won" by APC hence no "opposition" whatsoever to their TOTALITARIAN, DICTATORIAL rule shocked shocked

In short the looting in APC controlled states and LGAs is WORSE in terms of % of available funds than thatat the federal level.
Do not ALLOW yourself to be FOOLED by their propaganda angry

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by myspnigeria: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2014
Nice one APC.....

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 11:06am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

OK na let's see who will bark and how they will bark

so they are dogs now
I want to believe i am not communicating with a pre teenager. The context i have used that is clear.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2014
double3: Coal is not a clean source of energy,any mega project involving burning of coal to produce electricity is not ideal in this very 21st century. The world is going green therefore we should tap into the green economy as well.
fashrola: please preach it to most of these dumb people on NL
@double3
The world isn't an ideal place yet. No country in the world uses only clean energy. Mention any developed or ideal 21st century nation in the world and I will tell you how much they rely on coal for their power. US today produces over 44% of its massive power from coal plants while china produces almost 70% of its massive power from coal and there are no concrete plans to change this in the next 100years. Then you suggest that Nigeria which isn't able to efficiently light-up a single state should start considering clean power?.. My take is that we should learn to crawl before we think of walking and then running.

@fashrola
It is simply laughable when an uninformed/unenlightened person refers to others as dumb. Fully educate yourself before you jump to insult others... Google is your friend

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2014
kel4soft: [b]My Igbo brothers if not for opposition, this second Niger Bridge wouldn't have materialized. [/b]You know how long it took for the FG to fulfil its ground breaking event since 2011 election promise. We are moving forward because of vibrant opposition. The work of opposition is to criticize and give solution which Okechukwu Osita did in his statement. After blaming the PDP government for failing to make Enugu State productive. He suggested coal would have been an alternative. Igbos, una wise pass like this na.

It doesn't take much more than common sense to know the bolded part of your statement.. However if you leave some of the GEJ supporters, they would pray and fast for Nigeria to be a one party state.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by double3(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2014
obailala:
@double3
The world isn't an ideal place yet. No country in the world uses only clean energy. Mention any developed or ideal 21st century nation in the world and I will tell you how much they rely on coal for their power. US today produces over 44% of its massive power from coal plants while china produces almost 70% of its massive power from coal and there are no concrete plans to change this in the next 100years. Then you suggest that Nigeria which isn't able to efficiently light-up a single state should start considering clean power?.. My take is that we should learn to crawl before we think of walking and then running.

@fashrola
It is simply laughable when an uninformed/unenlightened person refers to others as dumb. Fully educate yourself before you jump to insult others... Google is your friend

I get your point,but the issue here is that those plants making use of coal as raw material to produce electricity where built long before the world started laying emphasis on clean source of energy and it may interest you to know that some of these coal plants are being decommissioned due to its impact on the ecosystem,therefore It would be ideal for us to tap into the current clean and green technology. To further stress my point, this is an online article I copied "...About 6.1 gigawatts of UK coal plant capacity is expected
to shut down by 2015 due to the European Union's Large
Combustion Plant Directive (LCPD). The LCPD requires
plants to reduce sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and
particulate matter emissions. If plants choose not to
comply, they can only operate for a further 20,000 hours -
and must shut down for good by 2015.
The map below shows which UK plants have closed since
2011, and are expected to close in the next decade .."
In summary,we should be moving forward and not backwards. We shouldn't be spending resources, time and energy building what others are destroying.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by fujirice: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Good! This is the opposition party we desire and not the one pedalling lies and hate!
More of this APC
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

Do you think that in the APC states where there is no "bark & bite opposition", they don't "loot without looking back"
What about the LGAs in these APC controlled states, which are 100% "won" by APC hence no "opposition" whatsoever to their TOTALITARIAN, DICTATORIAL rule shocked shocked

In short the looting in APC controlled states and LGAs is WORSE in terms of % of available funds than thatat the federal level.
Do not ALLOW yourself to be FOOLED by their propaganda angry
pdp should pressure them too that's what I want but were is your prove to what you just typed, atleast, I have not heard any looting allegation in apc camp unlike pdp since 1999, I have many prove in pdp camp as a neutral that's why I don't like them, e.g, farouk lawal, odua, subsidy scam, electricity funds since 1999. So you see

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by anonimi: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
hensben: pdp should pressure them too that's what I want but were is your prove to what you just typed, atleast, I have not heard any looting allegation in apc camp unlike pdp since 1999, I have many prove in pdp camp as a neutral that's why I don't like them, e.g, farouk lawal, odua, subsidy scam, electricity funds since 1999. So you see

Because APC has been very SMART with their looting unlike the crude guys in PDP and you have to look very carefully to see indications suchas the fgreater per kilometre cost of road construction using Chinko companies compared to the PDP federal using reputable European established companies:

N30bn Mile 12 to Ikorodu Road expansion starts
September 07, 2012

The much publicised expansion work on the 13.5 kilometre Mile12 to Ikorodu Road project has begun as Lagos State government mobilised the contractor- Chinese Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation, CCECC, to site. The project is estimated to cost N30 billion.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/n30bn-mile-12-to-ikorodu-road-expansion-starts/#sthash.0L8ds3kX.dpuf

That is an average cost of over N 2 billion per kilometre to rehabilitate the road, right
And for almost two years the road is yet to be completed oh shocked
Let's compare cost per kilometre with that of the PDP led federal executive:

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction to cost N167bn
05 Jul 2013

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday in Shagamu, Ogun State, declared open the N167 billion, sections one and two, reconstruction and expansion works on 127.6km Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Billed to be completed in 48 months, the contract was clinched jointly by Julius Berger Plc and Reynold Construction Company (RCC) Ltd.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-ibadan-expressway-reconstruction-to-cost-n167bn/152535/

That is slightly over N 1 billion per kilometre by two very reputable companies.

Not forgetting the N 8 billion Lagos floating hotel ship scam

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
ibietela2:

Offering help without SOLUTION
what if the person they are criticizing refuse to change, they should go n cut his neck NO! Rather they will continue to critisize them till they do the right thing. That's the work of the oppositon all over the world but unfortunately pdpd goats see them as enemy of looting progress n continue to spread propaganda about the party by using religion cos they know nigerians are religion fanatics meanwhile, pdp chairman is a moslem while apc chairman is a christian.
Btw, I don't support any party before u label me apc memeber just like lagbaja is been labelled apc cos he is standing for justice. I just hate pdp with passion cos of the way they have made the country to look like cos of power n looting of her resources since 1999, they have been in aso rock since 1999 looting, hicking cost of living, draws every nigerians attention to crude oil cos of quick money, rigging election since 1999, making life unbearable for the common masses, deceiving the nation with lies.

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by hensben(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
anonimi:

Because APC has been very SMART with their looting unlike the crude guys in PDP and you have to look very carefully to see indications suchas the fgreater per kilometre cost of road construction using Chinko companies compared to the PDP federal using reputable European established companies:

That is an average cost of over N 2 billion per kilometre to rehabilitate the road, right
And for almost two years the road is yet to be completed oh shocked
Let's compare cost per kilometre with that of the PDP led federal executive:

That is slightly over N 1 billion per kilometre by two very reputable companies.

Not forgetting the N 8 billion Lagos floating hotel ship scam

I don't like paper talk cos anybody can write for anybody for daily bread, our jounalist are wack, they work for politicians to score some points.do you know that during oshiomhole first campaign as governor in edo state, pdp printed magazine about oshiomhole how he is occultic man, how it didn't finish secondary school talkless of having a higher institution certificate and start sharing it to market women to take home, you need to see the lies in that magazine, na there I fear pdp, anybody that was in edo state then will bear me witness, so u see I don't take nigeria media house serious.

Bro I want what everybody is aware of, I prefer reality like the case of odua, farouk lawal, subsidy scam, electricity looting funds since 1999.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by 0rlando0woh: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
fashrola: please preach it to most of these dumb people on NL
My brother you and the person you quoted are the dumb ones here, learn to think critically instead of swallowing everything the whites tell you.
How come coal still acounts for 50% of America's electricity despite the so called alternatives available?
How come it accounts for 50% of UK electricity?
90 percent of China and South Africa's electricity?
60 percent of Germany' s electricity?
50 percent of overall electricity generated in the world? All the above are easily verifyable.
A single coal power plant can produce more that what all our gas plants and hydro dams combined together.
Above all, can 2 or 3 coal plants cause more pollution than millions of generators?

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
emiye: I want to believe i am not communicating with a pre teenager. The context i have used that is clear.
you are not talking to dear

I really get your drift but what I don't get is the basic different between PDP and APC apart from nomenclature.

they are both corrupt

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by emiye(m): 1:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:
you are not talking to dear

I really get your drift but what I don't get is the basic different between PDP and APC apart from nomenclature.

they are both corrupt
I am to indulge you with the usual "they are both corrupt", Then it is better to checkmate a thief with an opposing thief, that way stealing is reduced.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by whitecat007: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
Why is Apc paying any attention to this people? Is it to show few ibos who are in Apc that their people were only left behind because they all got in Jonathan's boat?
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tonychristopher: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
emiye: I am to indulge you with the usual "they are both corrupt", Then it is better to checkmate a thief with an opposing thief, that way stealing is reduced.

nice logic
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
double3: I get your point,but the issue here is that those plants making use of coal as raw material to produce electricity where built long before the world started laying emphasis on clean source of energy and it may interest you to know that some of these coal plants are being decommissioned due to its impact on the ecosystem,therefore It would be ideal for us to tap into the current clean and green technology. To further stress my point, this is an online article I copied "...About 6.1 gigawatts of UK coal plant capacity is expected
to shut down by 2015
due to the European Union's Large
Combustion Plant Directive (LCPD). The LCPD requires
plants to reduce sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and
particulate matter emissions. If plants choose not to
comply, they can only operate for a further 20,000 hours -
and must shut down for good by 2015.
The map below shows which UK plants have closed since
2011, and are expected to close in the next decade .."
In summary,we should be moving forward and not backwards. We shouldn't be spending resources, time and energy building what others are destroying.

The ugly truth is, yes! there are campaigns here and there to stop the use of coal but that is absolutely unrealistic (at least for the next 50 years). UK which you cited still generates over 30% of its power from coal and 2015 is in 5 months time; I do not see them shutting down 30% of their power generation in less than a year when there isn't a suitable replacement in place. Clean renewable energy which is being touted all over the place is still at the infancy stage and cannot meet up to 2% of the entire energy demand in these so called developed countries.. Contrary to what they tell you about abandoning coal, developed countries such as the UK are actually developing means to reduce the emissions from coal through means such as carbon capture. That is what Nigeria should be targeting if going 'clean' must be considered as one of our concerns (even with all our blaring generators).

Remember, highly developed nations like Germany, Japan, China etc. are presently expanding their coal power capacity because they understand the economics involved. In my opinion, considering the rate of emissions we have in Nigeria from 'I pass my neighbour' generators, developing coal power plants and taking away our reliance on gas power should be a very huge step in the the 'forward' direction.. We simply need to crawl before we start thinking of walking or running... Even the big boys aren't running yet.

3 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
double3: Coal is not a clean source of energy,any mega project involving burning of coal to produce electricity is not ideal in this very 21st century. The world is going green therefore we should tap into the green economy as well.

ye we know, but since we are not rich enough to go green yet, we should still use coal like India and China. The white man used coal now they are rich ,they switching and they want us to switch with them. Do you know how much for one solar panel. that ur bois will come and break grin grin .

We should diversify our electricity, use the sun from the north, water dams, gas and coal.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
0rlando0woh:
My brother you and the person you quoted are the dumb ones here, learn to think critically instead of swallowing everything the whites tell you.
How come coal still acounts for 50% of America's electricity despite the so called alternatives available?
How come it accounts for 50% of UK electricity?
90 percent of China and South Africa's electricity?
60 percent of Germany' s electricity?
50 percent of overall electricity generated in the world? All the above are easily verifyable.
A single coal power plant can produce more that what all our gas plants and hydro dams combined together.
Above all, [size=14pt]can 2 or 3 coal plants cause more pollution than millions of generators?[/size]
[size=14pt]NO[/size]

A lot of our people read and listen to the sweet-coated chunks of foreign news and let themselves to be deceived. In terms of power generation worldwide, coal is going nowhere just yet, at least not in the next 50 years. Countries like Germany, Japan, China etc. know this fact too well that's why they are aggressively expanding their coal power generation capacity yet Nigerians are talking of the renewable energy mirage...

Nigeria needs to diversify its energy supply. Aren't we tired of hearing stories like "Power generation drops as militants blow up gas pipeline"?

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by revelationuche: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
where the subsidy buses are?

It was distributed to all the 36 state governors so u should direct that question to them and im yet to hear any state governor lamenting about not receiving the subsidy buses.

If you leave ur enclave a bit and go to some states then u will see some of this buses but in some other states the buses are parked in various goverment house's only to be used for campaign purposes or as a personal property of the governor.

This is what happens when people forget they voted in a governor as a result of daily playing the ostrich game.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by tit(f): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
The neglect of the coal resoucres in Nigeria is one mystery that has baffled me.
All the developed countries in the world generate a substantial amount of electricity from coal.
This industry also employs hundreds of millions of people in US, China and Germany.
In 2008, China was commissioning a 500MW new coal powered plant every month.
But some "policy makers" have sold NIgerians the idea that coal is not good.
That is not "clean".
That it is expensive.
That it is cheaper to use gas.
But where is the gas?
Inaaa?
The owners of the gas do not want anybody to eat their gas again.
They are blowing up the gas-lines and disturbing those exploiting the resource.
With all the environmental damage occasioned by gas/crude activities, is it still clean?

Perhaps it was the divestment of the East that shut down the Enugu coal mines.
The Oji River Thermal station was never rebuilt after the civil war.
That reduced the demand for coal.
When the Nigeria Railway Station which then ran coal powered locomotives went belly up, that meant the end of the Nigerian Coal Corporation as a profitable concern.

How much of the fuel subsidies are the Nigerian Railway Corporation chopping with their diesel powered trains.

2 Likes

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Sloan: 2:32am On Jul 29, 2014
tit: The neglect of the coal resoucres in Nigeria is one mystery that has baffled me.
All the developed countries in the world generate a substantial amount of electricity from coal.
This industry also employs hundreds of millions of people in US, China and Germany.
In 2008, China was commissioning a 500MW new coal powered plant every month.
But some "policy makers" have sold NIgerians the idea that coal is not good.
That is not "clean".
That it is expensive.
That it is cheaper to use gas.
But where is the gas?
Inaaa?
The owners of the gas do not want anybody to eat their gas again.
They are blowing up the gas-lines and disturbing those exploiting the resource.
With all the environmental damage occasioned by gas/crude activities, is it still clean?

Perhaps it was the divestment of the East that shut down the Enugu coal mines.
The Oji River Thermal station was never rebuilt after the civil war.
That reduced the demand for coal.
When the Nigeria Railway Station which then ran coal powered locomotives went belly up, that meant the end of the Nigerian Coal Corporation as a profitable concern.

How much of the fuel subsidies are the Nigerian Railway Corporation chopping with their diesel powered trains.

Well that your long epistle is what APC is saying but will bigoted people from that area get off PDPs balls and retardeenic asslicking and see this is what will benefit their immediate economy, create jobs, grow technology and improve the economy? Well, the idea must be bad because it came from across the Niger, from the APC since it seems everyone in that area has sold out their future and their children to AGIP for PDP.
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by COMPAQ(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2014

Coal is still responsible for about 50%of the world electricity, so why shouldn't we take advantage of it also!
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by Octaves(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stupid country! They should either practise true federalism or disintegrate this country. Everybody should manage their resources. I'm tired of it
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by ceaser: 3:40am On Jul 30, 2014

And have you ever wondered if nuclear reactors form part of the green energy sources? Yes I mean the nuclear power plants that form the major energy sources in places like the US.

Have you ever wondered what the imperialists would have coined had it been that they have abundant coal and are stuck with using it as energy sources while the third world countries have abundance of plutonium deposits? Don't you think they would have turned around to campaign that coal is safe while plutonium is radioactive and hence a threat to nature?

1 Like

Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by kingsling: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2014
banega: WORD
when will our people open their eyes to see that there is not a single industry functioning in south east I agree with apc
Re: APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
Politics aside, this is a very valid argument by APC. I see no reason why the coal mines cannot be revived in a state like Enugu which has no oil. Even if Nigeria as a country does not have the political will or ability (due to successive corrupt and clueless regimes) to develop coal power plants, I believe mined coal can be exported for income.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Supporters Protest, Block Ondo Assembly / Murtala Adamu Jengebe Jailed 41 Years By Appeal Court / Video: How “Nigerian Air Force" Trains And Recruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.