Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp (28356 Views)

Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp / 3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! / Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
akuchiemartin: .. Obob u dy jonze ooo, u said there is no official version for bb xcept for bb10. Now my question is shey bb10 no be bb... Eleyi ti di mugu o
Lol
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by uzo200(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
opeyehmmy: *fingerscrossed*
where are the fingers?
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by bongolistik(m): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
That is why the question, Will Telegram replace whatsapp is the subject of discussion http://highteknology..com/2014/07/will-telegram-replace-whatsapp-in-near.html
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by donhils: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olekumaster: Telegram is like SMS and email combined -fast,
versatile and powerful. You can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc) to people who are in your phone contacts and have Telegram. You can also create groups for up to 200 people. With Telegram you can do all of this on any number of your devices, both mobile and desktop.
It has over 4 million users which have been in the
running with Whatsapp Messenger. Whatsapp took a chance and defeat the 2Go Messenger in the media world.
In the next few years, I won't predict what will happen between Whatsapp and Telegram messenger.
Here are Some Comparative features of the Telegram Messenger
1. It's Free forever, compared to the Whatsapp Messenger that give a year trial.
2. It allows unlimited chat upload while Whatsapp Messenger allowed 16MB chat upload limit.
3. You messages can be accessed with multiple device on Telegram Messenger.
4. No ads, No subscription fee and Free as I stated above.
5. It's available for all platform, which also includes your old Java phones, i.e Nokia Xpress music, Nokia C1 and others
6. You also have the chance to select themes as well as backgrounds when chatting. And you get the chance to use your own username as well as display picture.
It works with even the weakest mobile connection, it is very fast, even with your 2G network. And your messages are compressed to the best minimum byte possible. So if you ask me Telegram is the best messaging app like Whatsapp I have ever come across and it is being recommended for anyone.
One thing I know, it won't see the light of the day here in Nigeria. Whatsapp and BBM are already in driving seat. Viber came with all its bells and whistles...but today am sure it has gone home. Telegram_ good app but sorry you came late to the party.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by donhils: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olekumaster: Telegram is like SMS and email combined -fast,
versatile and powerful. You can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc) to people who are in your phone contacts and have Telegram. You can also create groups for up to 200 people. With Telegram you can do all of this on any number of your devices, both mobile and desktop.
It has over 4 million users which have been in the
running with Whatsapp Messenger. Whatsapp took a chance and defeat the 2Go Messenger in the media world.
In the next few years, I won't predict what will happen between Whatsapp and Telegram messenger.
Here are Some Comparative features of the Telegram Messenger
1. It's Free forever, compared to the Whatsapp Messenger that give a year trial.
2. It allows unlimited chat upload while Whatsapp Messenger allowed 16MB chat upload limit.
3. You messages can be accessed with multiple device on Telegram Messenger.
4. No ads, No subscription fee and Free as I stated above.
5. It's available for all platform, which also includes your old Java phones, i.e Nokia Xpress music, Nokia C1 and others
6. You also have the chance to select themes as well as backgrounds when chatting. And you get the chance to use your own username as well as display picture.
It works with even the weakest mobile connection, it is very fast, even with your 2G network. And your messages are compressed to the best minimum byte possible. So if you ask me Telegram is the best messaging app like Whatsapp I have ever come across and it is being recommended for anyone.
Likening the way whatsapp overthrew 2go to a possibility of Telegram overthrowing whatsapp is kinda funny cos 2go was and is still miles behind whatsapp so it was very easy to dump 2go when better thing came. What else are we to see on Telegram that whatsapp couldn't bring? Abeg telegram can only try.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by marcjoe(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
TELEGRAM IS A NICE APP, BUT I STILL PREFER WHATSAPP....MAYBE THEIR NEXT UPDATE WOULD FREAK ME....

VISIT HERE TO GET CHEAP MEMORY CARDS AND HD GAMES....

Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nehemiah459(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Olekumaster: so must it be on nokia store before nokia users can use it?
Such an overhyped app is supposed to be on Nokia Store.
Why don't you say The app shouldn't be on Google Play?
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
donhils:
Likening the way whatsapp overthrew 2go to a possibility of Telegram overthrowing whatsapp is kinda funny cos 2go was and is still miles behind whatsapp so it was very easy to dump 2go when better thing came. What else are we to see on Telegram that whatsapp couldn't bring? Abeg telegram can only try.
Sometimes it is frustrating when you can't continue your conversations when you switch from mobile to desktop. Telegram does that.
You can actually send a self destruct timer message to someone
More people can be added to a group
More secure chat
Can send bigger files.
Last word : unless Whatsapp sits up, there is a possibility of an overthrow. Whatsapp should at least have a desktop app or a Web client
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Gynacologist(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
watered: So na una wan kill NIPOST abi? grin grin
u no go kil pasin.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by barthchuks(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
follow HERE for all the download links for every devices and all you need to know about telegram
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ihedinobi2: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
flinton: This review left out what made Telegram unique... The ability to auto delete posts depending on the user's discretion and leave no trace of the posts, It's called 'secret chat' on Telegram. A great tool for discussing confidential matters and also a cheaters app, u will never get caught!
I don't get it. You can also delete messages on Whatsapp. What's the big deal with "auto delete"?

The only thing that interests me right now is the touted speed. If it's really that fast, it's worth trying.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I don't get it. You can also delete messages on Whatsapp. What's the big deal with "auto delete"?

The only thing that interests me right now is the touted speed. If it's really that fast, it's worth trying.
What it means is that you can actually set a timer to self destroy the message you sent to another person after some secs. It deletes both in your phone and the other person's phone.
Remember for Telegram all messages are in the cloud, so that you can continue from wherever you stop on any device while for WhatsApp, your conversations reside in your phone, on a new device you start afresh
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ihedinobi2: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
ITbomb:
What it means is that you can actually set a timer to self destroy the message you sent to another person after some secs. It deletes both in your phone and the other person's phone.
Remember for Telegram all messages are in the cloud, so that you can continue from wherever you stop on any device while for WhatsApp, your conversations reside in your phone, on a new device you start afresh

Ah I see. Cool stuff then smiley
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
ITbomb:
The other party could just save a screenshot of the chat window.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by flinton(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Some forget to delete their msgs on whatsapp and hv landed in hot soup, Telegram takes care of such inadequacies, imagine how many times u sleep off while chatting on whatsapp and someone reads ur msg, Telegram's encryption is second to none
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ajaolu(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
flinton: This review left out what made Telegram unique... The ability to auto delete posts depending on the user's discretion and leave no trace of the posts, It's called 'secret chat' on Telegram. A great tool for discussing confidential matters and also a cheaters app, u will never get caught!
Okay, but if one is smart enough, one can take the message screenshot before it auto delete.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by nani667: 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
sad

1 Like

Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Olarewajub: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
According to their official website, https://telegram.org/apps Telegram for Java does not exist.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by opeyehmmy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
uzo200: where are the fingers?
Lemme show you...
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2014
Ubking0:

i have installed the android version on My p5 ...it works well....I HV also install it on my asha 205 but wen I try to open, it will tell me application error... help

Check the link again for the updated working jar file

ITbomb: For those installing on [size=14pt]Java / Symbian[/size], just extract the file to your memory card, navigate to it through application and push to start

Click Here to download Telegram Java
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 12:16am On Jul 30, 2014
Olarewajub: According to their official website, https://telegram.org/apps Telegram for Java does not exist.
Due to minimal support for jar applications, many vendors do not bother to create or support them but Telegram has decided to release the source code for developers to create a working Java apps, many variants are on the net.
Later, the best working would be promoted by Telegram.

Click Here to download Telegram Java
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Ubking0(m): 6:03am On Jul 30, 2014
ITbomb:

Check the link again for the updated working jar file

wen I click on the new link for jar file it keeps reloading and reloading.... not working... but thank you for your effort
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Revolva(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014
U go fear see name telegram...omo I no send am I beg make my fone no xploade
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by goldentemmy(f): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by femi4: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2014
akuchiemartin: .. Obob u dy jonze ooo, u said there is no official version for bb xcept for bb10. Now my question is shey bb10 no be bb... Eleyi ti di mugu o
He was referring to OS 7 and lesser version
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by fhunn: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oahray: something is said to be able to send data of unlimited size and you are asking if it can send up to 1GB? Na wa o.

oh! Sorry i dint see that
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by omoelu1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ok, I think I have seen one thing where this telegram beats whatsapp, - it can send files (not just images,videos and audios).

1 Like

Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Youpele52: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
Will stick with the ones I have already. Too much social network to hang makes you way less productive. Increase your productivity read books, read news, spend time with family and friends "in the real world", think smartly in all you do.

See how blackberry wants to overthrow Apple and iPhone. And where blackberry beats android smartphones and iPhone hands down.
www.nairaland.com/1835447/blackberry-ltd-only-brand-meets
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by Youpele52: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
nani667: sad

You wan kill yourself
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by simdam500(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another liability soak away
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by busuyi44: 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
I'll recommend Telegram to guys that are using Nokia X. It's about 9MB size in Nokia Store. Currently WhatsApp/WhatsApp plus has stopped working on Nokia X.
Re: The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp by busuyi44: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
I downloaded Telegram to my blackberry Q10 recently. The app doesn't alert me when I get new message except until I open the app manually. Also not highlighted in blackberry hub. Developers should produce native Telegram app for BlackBerry 10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group Admin Lands In Jail For Spreading Fake News. / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.