Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63372 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by busterr(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
peppyluv02: Sabotuer just like your governor!!

i don't want to insult you.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 2prexios: 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Happy Igbo anniversary here on this thread ooo, it is the Igbo day on nairaland, We left the Igbos out and they make a thread of their own and it was a sellout. But we should let the Igbos be for God sake, why persecuting one another since forever to forever in this country?

the storm is over now.

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 2prexios: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198: Bigotry won't be accepted on this forum. If you guys have negative things to say about the Igbo people, you risk being banned by me.

Please don't violate the following rules:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

Thank you and have a nice day

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Igbos always attract attention from their "admirers"?

#Nigeriagosurvive.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kokolet007(f): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
emog17: I dnt consider most of these Hausa and Yoruba billionaires as real business men. Check how most of them made their money u'll know what I'm talking about. Most of them made their money by looting the nation's treasury with the help of the past military head of state which were mainly Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas. They assign oil blocks to themselves, award government contracts to themselves but most of those Igbo billionaires hustled with their sweat. Without government i wonder what will become of these hausa's and Yorubas making noise cos they're jst too lazy. That is why their politicians see politics as a do or die affair cos that is the only way they can make money.
U mean u don't know how ur broda's made their money!
The buz they do is jus Camouflage! I won't say more.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
0merta:

How come Banega was denied the golden opportunity of marrying her rich, handsome Heartthrob, now Ex, Chukwuemeka, despite hailing from the same Village in Imo state, simply because She's Osu?...good to know She's moved on with her Life.

And what moves are the 21st century, enlightened, caste-system-hating Igbos making to stem this tide in Igboland?

...Or has this barbaric, unbiblical, ungodly and despicably loathsome practice come to stay in Alaigbo?

I need responses, please!
Be warned!!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Yehman(m): 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Die-hard Igbo. #Team Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
yomanovic:
The owner of Gartwick Airport in London is a Nigerian! Is he Igbo? See, some in Nigeria got there first before the ibos. The fact that when ibos reach one height or the other and begin to brag up and down shows them to be OMO OJU O ROLA RI!

Abeg QUIT LYING JARE... Owner of Gatwick is a Nigerian or he's a partner in the mutual fund firm of another that owns a majority stake in Gatwick... Which one? Stop the lie jor..

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Before people begin propagating lies

Gatwick Airport Limited (Gatwick) is the company licensed to operate Gatwick Airport by the Civil Aviation Authority.

Gatwick is wholly-owned by Ivy Bidco Limited (Ivy), a company formed to undertake the acquisition of Gatwick. Ivy is ultimately controlled by funds managed by Global Infrastructure Management, LLC, part of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP).

Following an equity syndication process, GIP retains a 42% controlling stake in Gatwick. The other shareholders are the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), National Pension Service of Korea (NPS), California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the Future Fund of Australia.

GIP invests in worldwide infrastructure assets and has over $15 billion of assets under management. It targets investments in air transport infrastructure, ports, freight rail, power and utilities, natural resources infrastructure, water distribution and treatment, and waste management.

The company has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong and an affiliate office in Sydney. The GIP portfolio company operations centre is in Stamford, Connecticut. It has a 75% ownership interest in London City Airport and its other other UK investments are Edinburgh Airport, a waste management company and Great Yarmouth Port Company.

GIP also has investments in Europe, Australia, India and Argentina. For more information visit www.global-infra.com

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by odinma1: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
manny4life: Before people begin propagating lies

Ok is this all you spend your time on Nwanne?

Why not concentrate on your life? You keep running helter skelter from pillar to post, Maryland to Houston, no hope, no focus. Years in Obodo Oyinbo, no result yet you are partaking in tribalism. The man you are questioning whether he owns Gatwick can feed you and your generations for life. What is your own achievement in life?

This my Igbo people self. I tire for una.

Anambra Adigo mma cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1:

Ok is this all you spend your time on Nwanne?

Why not concentrate on your life? You keep running helter skelter from pillar to post, Maryland to Houston, no hope, no focus. Years in Obodo Oyinbo, no result yet you are partaking in tribalism. The man you are questioning whether he owns Gatwick can feed you and your generations for life. What is your own achievement in life?

This my Igbo people self. I tire for una.

Anambra Adigo mma cool cool cool

Pathetic... cool

Try again

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by PenSniper: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
kevinhacker: are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR grin are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR

A lot better than to be offsprings of an ape hence your common Igbos, hairy bodies and endless wanderings. Your attempt to hide and deny your true origin is the reason behind futile traces to unrelated sources. You are such a confused race that you cant even agree amongst yourselves as to whether your source mother was impregnated by your progenitor-ape at Nri or not.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Balkan(m): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
4chi:

Theirs is an extreme case of INFERIORITY COMPLEX. fuelled by a primitive and still evolving culture. The Ibo situation has already been properly and scientifically psyco analysed by one of them Dr Ozodi Thomas Osuji. his write ups are all over the cyberspace...
ozodi is not am igbo man. the mother Titi was pregnant for a yoruba man before the woman came to igbo land. let me educate you.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by PenSniper: 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
gratiaeo:
Son of a cripple

Child of an Ape. One of your ancestors gave birth to a baby Ape at a zoo in Canada recently. No what ? Three names were considered for her out of which Nneka was chosen. Coincidentally, she looks so much like Chinua Achebe. So even in far away Canada, they know you are offsprings of ape. For how long will you hide away from the truth ?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by coboid: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
there is nothing like igbo people.every human being is a human being.every human being compete againts each other,most human being have someone they hate,tribe is nothing but a social identification that gives you an identity of a group,just as nigeria gives you the identity of a country.every human being have different face for his or her identification

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kevinhacker(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
PenSniper:

A lot better than to be offsprings of an ape hence your common Igbos, hairy bodies and endless wanderings. Your attempt to hide and deny your true origin is the reason behind futile traces to unrelated sources. You are such a confused race that you cant even agree amongst yourselves as to whether your source mother was impregnated by your progenitor-ape at Nri or not.
ehhhh!! don't tell me u also believed in fairly tales of ur father fallen down from hell, in this 21st century? guy wake up u r wiser than this , wave off laziness and trace where u from

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Akiika: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
What's the source of the "forced" association with Israel/Jew? No part of history link the two shocked
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by scarr: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bonaventura:
How you take know say him dey watch am?
Na Im be say either you dey watch am with am or you dey peep for him window.
I know say your boxers dey always flow with milk but not honey
duh it's a flat not face me I slap you, so no peeping, and we are all guys so he doesn't hides it #gofigure. not everybody locks d door 3 times to watch mj like u
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by scarr: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
dozzybaba:

Yeah...that your imaginary 'flatmate'...grin
d imaginary one from ohaozara or whatever it's called in ebonyi, schooled in nekede imo state...yeah dat one.....ibo GAYbriel oshi
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by PenSniper: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
kevinhacker:
ehhhh!! don't tell me u also believed in fairly tales of ur father fallen down from hell, in this 21st century? guy wake up u r wiser than this , wave off laziness and trace where u from

Hey man, so the attention now is for me to trace where i came from yours having been accepted as accurate as per my previous post ? Thats good. It takes a great mind to accept the truth even when unpalatable. However, your piece of advice is unnecessary as mine origin is well documented by genuine and accurate historians from across the world. Good night.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by scarr: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
prophetone:

undecided hmm...must be genetic.
dat must be d ugliest gene ever..yuk
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Any non-Igbo person posting in this thread is just a trouble-maker. The title clearly stated IGBO. I've never gone trolling on a thread that doesn't concern me. Don't know why people won't mind their business. Proud Owerri lady!

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Chamack: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Never knew these uncircumcized philistines are still here ranting, http:///SrZVKXd1If, Oya people make una read to know the fraud-stars (Lol)
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Jaynec(f): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elle780: I rep ezeagu.........Enugu state kwenu! Ndigbo kwenu!
Nwanne m

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by klarke(m): 12:36am On Jul 30, 2014
lyntiffany: pls not ezimba but ezumba.

what are u talking abt biko?
That Ezimba is now Ezumba? Hia!
Nwanne I dekwara asusu Igbo na ulo akwukwo?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by MsNas(f): 1:36am On Jul 30, 2014
CharmO1: Any non-Igbo person posting in this thread is just a trouble-maker. The title clearly stated IGBO. I've never gone trolling on a thread that doesn't concern me. Don't know why people won't mind their business. Proud Owerri lady!

Ma'am, can you read? If yes, can you comprehend? Where exactly on this thread was it stated that only Igbos should venture in into the thread or even comment? I wasn't gonna post on here, just read, laugh and pass. But your case is alarming.

BTW, this is NAIRALAND. wink
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by leketones(m): 2:40am On Jul 30, 2014
peppyluv02: You mean the type your people are doing in ibadan soka forest?
Mr one chance conductor! Ritualist!

nd dose discover nd undiscouer baby factories in ur cave states #mufus#
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by leketones(m): 2:53am On Jul 30, 2014
yomanovic:
The owner of Gartwick Airport in London is a Nigerian! Is he Igbo? See, some in Nigeria got there first before the ibos. The fact that when ibos reach one height or the other and begin to brag up and down shows them to be OMO OJU O ROLA RI!
dnt mind dem na inferiority complex dy worry dem cos i dnt knw y dy re provin dere tribe is d best wen no one is competin wt dem.....#empty barrels# thank God say dangote no be ibo,dem no go allow people rest

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 30, 2014
leketones: dnt mind dem na inferiority complex dy worry dem cos i dnt knw y dy re provin dere tribe is d best wen no one is competin wt dem.....#empty barrels# thank God say dangote no be ibo,dem no go allow people rest

Dangote will never have become a Billionaire without business dealings and staunch patronage by the Igbos in particular and northerners. I managed financial account for Dangote group a while back, more than 2/4 of his customers with interest in cement, sugar, spaghetti, floor, and many others were Igbo business men and women. I'm talking about deposits on 300 trailers or more from across the country...from Anambra, Rivers, Kaduna, Kano, Abuja, Lagos e.t.c in deposits of millions to billions of of naira daily. The other 1/4 were Northerners and rest of the last 1/4 included yorubas and other ethnic groups. One thing you must know is YORUBAS ARE NOT A FACTOR AT ALL IN NIGERIA ECONOMY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN BUSINESS AND COMMERCE AS IGBOS AND NORTHERNERS ARE...THIS IS A FACT.

And likewise, no Yoruba billionaire would ever ever ever, ever ever ever, I repeat ever ever ever have become billionaire without the Igbos in particular and Northerners. You may not understand what I'm talking about as a yoruba person, but a typical Hausa man, in spite of his differences with the Igbos, know the impact the Igbos have on Nigeria which explain why Igbos and Hausas respect and rarely speak ill of each others.

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan: 4:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Ikwerre is now Ibo?!

You Ibos have been smoking that cassava leaf again, abi?!

Ikwerre is not Ibo. Leave us alone.

Don't hide my post, there is no bigotry in it.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan: 4:08am On Jul 30, 2014
CharmO1: Any non-Igbo person posting in this thread is just a trouble-maker. The title clearly stated IGBO. I've never gone trolling on a thread that doesn't concern me. Don't know why people won't mind their business. Proud Owerri lady!

Keep Quiet woman. Is this your father's forum?! Abeg, swerve.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by lyntiffany(f): 6:03am On Jul 30, 2014
klarke:

what are u talking abt biko?
That Ezimba is now Ezumba? Hia!
Nwanne I dekwara asusu Igbo na ulo akwukwo?
Ama mu mana ezimba by ora umu anumanu ana akpo ezi , Mana ezumba bu ohaneze ndi Igbo .okwa mmere Igbo mu Nke OMA.?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by lyntiffany(f): 6:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan:

Keep Quiet woman. Is this your father's forum?! Abeg, swerve.
Numb skull must you mention her father before you drive your point. kindergarten head of a poo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply)

Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Tanzanian Women Twerk In Public, Go Viral. See Reactions (photos) / Official Translation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.