Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63393 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Pointless thread.
Igbos keep powering jare

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Gynacologist(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: Igbo people are just so awesome grin
1million lyks.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Gynacologist(m): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2014
Zoharariel:

@OP & his fellow Biafrans - Pls, I want my questions below answered truthfully & constructively

1.) If the Igboland is truly not landlocked, Y are they trying so hard to claim Lagos as a no mans land or even their father's heritage? Y do they not go & also lay claims to Abuja, Kano & PortHarcout?

2.) Y are the Igbos always bitter towards Awolowo & the Yorubas generally inspite of the hospitality & opportunities they enjoy in the South West?

3.) Y do the Igbos find it difficult to curtail their domineering nature & waywardness described by Sir Armadu Bello & written about in "The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Femi Fani Kayode" rather than always launching verbal assaults & being belligerent towards their fellow Nigerians from other ethnicity?

Igbo Mods & Super Mods may ban me but b4 then answer my questions 1st!
veri obvious ur yoruba fucka?

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Gynacologist(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.
u just killed it..imagine yoruba man wit 2face talkin to an ibo man smh.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Gynacologist(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2014
glitest: Igbo's are awesome....I kick it well with igbo's than i do with own people sef.
u frm?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Gynacologist(m): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2014
repin enugu here infact cos of dis thread i want to change ma username aw do i go abt it?

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2014
Balkan: ozodi is not am igbo man. the mother Titi was pregnant for a yoruba man before the woman came to igbo land. let me educate you.
Shut up!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2014
CharmO1: Any non-Igbo person posting in this thread is just a trouble-maker. The title clearly stated IGBO. I've never gone trolling on a thread that doesn't concern me. Don't know why people won't mind their business. Proud Owerri lady!
You should have taken the thread to Linda Ikeji Blog.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Because these cowards won't let us be and cheesy

quid,tonychristopher,shizzle,odenigbo Aroli,chinolization,Ichidodo...missing you guys here o

my dear what do you want me to do? anything igbo gives their fathers errections and theirr mothers wetness of pussyyy? so what do you want me

i feel that they pray to be igbo but nature made them to be observers not partakers. I was at Enugu enjoying my holidays with on point African salad. Admiring the beautiful city on hill top

ndewwo

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2014
Frightening statistics are arriving. Remove the Igbos from the country, and Nigeria will collapse like 1-2-3, like a flimsy deck of cards. Despite all their travails, the Igbos are the tribe chosen to bear the burdens of Nigeria. Throughout the 50 years Nigeria has masqueraded as an independent nation, Igbos have been credited with making meaningful strides to maintain Nigeria’s membership among the league of civilized nations. What the Igbos garnered with picks the other tribes scattered with spades or embezzled or sold off with when no one was looking, And the Northern oligarchies, long known for their aversion to Western education, are rarely stakeholders in Nigerian affairs. The Bedouins have siphoned off all they could to Saudi Arabia and other clandestine places. Now, tell me. What have the oligarchies done with the zillions of Naira sunk into Northern abyss? Nothing. An absolute zero. Zilch. Nothing was accomplished unless you want to determine the numbers of the blind, leprous, and beggary citizenry neglected by their state governments. The Igbos are the only tribe to possess the semblance of modernization and patriotism that translates to patriotism or desperately needed love of country. Can one say the same thing about the other tribes?

Statistics proves the Igbos are becoming the fastest growing ethnic group in the world, making up 75-80% of Lagos, 40% of Northern cities such as Kano or Jos; and flocking to Ghana by the hundreds everyday. The ubiquitous Igbos are migrating to America, UK and Canada by the millions. Why? First, the Igbos love to lead; they love education and they love progression, as opposed to regression (defined as weakening, failure, decay, deterioration, waning, drop, or degeneration). The Igbos hate stagnation in all its ramifications.How else can the Igbos duplicate themselves but through education and regeneration (defined as renewal, revival, renaissance, rejuvenation, or restoration)?

The Igbos believe in taking care of their children. Contraception is a taboo in the Igbo culture where madu ka eji aka (we win by sheer numbers). Advocating sterilization or abortion in the Igbo community is considered the enemy’s ploy to wipe out the tribe, much as the boko harans, a group of violent, illiterate, nihilistic disaffiliates attempting to express political ambitions camouflaged as diabolical religious views. Fourthly, the physical Igbo child is sublime (defined as inspiring, inspirational, sensational, awe-inspiring, moving, transcendent or simply motivating). Who doesn’t know that Ahamefula (my name shall not be lost) and Nwakaego (the child is more valuable than money) are popular names for Igbo boys and girls, respectively?A child provides the mechanism through which society continues to exist. So, what do the Igbos do to maintain the leadership Nigeria desperately needs?

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Let Igbo brains spring forth and excogitate ways to maintain the leadership Heaven has thrust upon them, particularly leadership in agriculture, business, education, politics, and medicines. There are sore difficulties involved in leading Nigeria by way of increased agricultural production because the Igbos have not much arable land, as you have in Benue State and other states in Northern Nigeria.And if the Igbos manage to buy some arable land, good policies will have to be put in place to prevent people squabbling and committing crimes as inhabitants in the Western Nigeria do with body parts. Try confiscating Izza land in Abakaliki, and you risk of having disgruntled men come after you with machetes, and blunt implements. Entrepreneurship won’t do it because the Northern Nigerian oligarchies, as hosts, do not usually allow the visitor free purchasing power in land . Case in point: Igbo visitors in Northern Nigeria are chased out after developing the land.

With the level of economic power the Igbos have, they can easily electrify Nigeria, build roads, and usher in massive industrial development to make unemployment a thing of the past. Will non-Igbo tribes whose faces are contorted by murderous jealousy allow this to happen? Please reread my essay on Nigeria being the burden of suffering Igbos: the Igbos must develop Nigeria and be willing to die in the process. Since agriculture and education are not viable tools in Igbos hands to develop Nigeria, could one consider entrepreneurship as an alternative? But my homeboy Silas stopped me with a reminder: “Remember the Ebenato man from near your mother’s village and how he placed his medical degree from India in the toilet and went into business like crazy?”

What of education? Because the Igbos have been lovers of education long before Nigeria achieved independence as a sovereign nation, they had become successful community developers, city planters, and managers of schools.Igbos went to school with intensity and acquired all types of skills that kept Nigerian in good stead as the country prepared for self government. There are Igbos with expertise in all fields Nigeria needs to develop as a nation. It is unfortunate that tribalism, nepotism, and greed do not permit full exploitation of Igbo talents. After working for 2- years as so at jobs under dangerous, unfriendly conditions, the Igbos are packing their bags and heading into business, Silas comes again: “Remember that young doctor from your village with engineering doctorate who served as commissioner for the environment in the North and how he quit and went into self employment at Abuja?” Yes, I remember this man and once spoke with him.

“Dr O (real name), Sir, what are you doing at Abuja?”

“Environmental consulting with Federal Government.”

“Ehe, damn. Why’s that so, homeboy?”

“I just don’t see myself working for someone in a hostile environment or being in some political appointment.”

How do the Igbos measure up in politics? There are rumors the Igbos arenot temperamentally suited for politics; they are too inflexible, impatient, proud, self aggrandizing, and possess a convoluted theory of tribal superiority (just as the Jews do).Many Igbo friends decry corruption, downrightthievery and piracy of national treasury. Yet, give the some Igbos power over some important entities such as the Central Bank, and see what happens. From the body parts traders to the West and the cattle herdsmen in the North, the Igbos must not learn to rob motherland literally blind. Success in politics requires you learn by association and play wuruwuru games with the Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, Oyibo, armed robbers and kidnappers, all of whom you hold dear as bosom friends. Besides, politics isn’t about progress or love of country. The Igbos must be chameleons that change colors to match the environment? Successful Igbos are those who understand how to accommodate the other Nigerian tribes. Why Accommodation Is Not Enough is a topic for another essay.

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Shut up!
Hmm...are you the Ozodi wink

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Obidikejr(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2014
All in or nothing... Proudly Igbo. We fought, we are still fighting and one day we will rule the world. They wanted secession and we gave it to them, they were so scared and realized they will fall without us, the Nigerians, even the Europeans were scared because will would become so powerful to handle and then the war. Today most of them rule us, they own the Nigerian politics but yet you hardly see an Igbo begging on the streets for alms on like the former.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Balkan(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2014
Proudly Igbo. thank God for making me Igbo
what would I have told my Children if I was not
Igbo. God I worship you for making me a Biafran.
Ikeduru for life

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kevinhacker(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2014
PenSniper:

Hey man, so the attention now is for me to trace where i came from yours having been accepted as accurate as per my previous post ? Thats good. It takes a great mind to accept the truth even when unpalatable. However, your piece of advice is unnecessary as mine origin is well documented by genuine and accurate historians from across the world. Good night.
LOL , #FALLEN ANCESTOR... Tell it to lil children
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by leketones(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Knowledge9000:

Dangote will never have become a Billionaire without business dealings and staunch patronage by the Igbos in particular and northerners. I managed financial account for Dangote group a while back, more than 2/4 of his customers with interest in cement, sugar, spaghetti, floor, and many others were Igbo business men and women. I'm talking about deposits on 300 trailers or more from across the country...from Anambra, Rivers, Kaduna, Kano, Abuja, Lagos e.t.c in deposits of millions to billions of of naira daily. The other 1/4 were Northerners and rest of the last 1/4 included yorubas and other ethnic groups. One thing you must know is YORUBAS ARE NOT A FACTOR AT ALL IN NIGERIA ECONOMY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN BUSINESS AND COMMERCE AS IGBOS AND NORTHERNERS ARE...THIS IS A FACT.

And likewise, no Yoruba billionaire would ever ever ever, ever ever ever, I repeat ever ever ever have become billionaire without the Igbos in particular and Northerners. You may not understand what I'm talking about as a yoruba person, but a typical Hausa man, in spite of his differences with the Igbos, know the impact the Igbos have on Nigeria which explain why Igbos and Hausas respect and rarely speak ill of each others.
liar,no b u ibo dy always condem hausa 4 wetin dem do u during d civil nd hw yoruba supprt dem,bt nw u dy respect each oda....u pple r jst too inferior,i dnt knw y

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: Igbo people are just so awesome grin
Nne kudu wink

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ileke idi it is not my fault that your babaric parents disfigured your face with tiger marks hence the reason why no man wants to marry you leaving you old and frustrated.

And the baby factories discovered in ogun and ibadan.. Useless hypocrites and slaves.

leketones: nd dose discover nd undiscouer baby factories in ur cave states #mufus#

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Descartes: Hmm...are you the Ozodi wink
No, he is my friend from the South East.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Thanks good to know. smiley
But why are you too controversial like him tongue
It seems two of you share the same ideology . wink
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Obidikejr(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
peppyluv02: Ileke idi it is not my fault that your babaric parents disfigured your face with tiger marks hence the reason why no man wants to marry you leaving you old and frustrated.

And the baby factories discovered in ogun and ibadan.. Useless hypocrites and slaves.

Nne Don mind him. it is well.

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Chamack: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
orlando aka ozodi, aka olajohnson, aka odinma1.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Obidikejr:

Nne Don mind him. it is well believed the yorubas are backward thinkers, hypocrites , cowards, traitors and they will stab u @ the back b4 u say I. And gush! I hate their dirtiness so gross. My roommate' boxers can kill flies and mosquitoes in a 1 mile radius. I stuck it in his face one night and from then he started cleaning up . dirty Pple.
Unu ga-egbu mmadu o o!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by zendy: 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jaymaestro: Tribalism seems to be more of a threat than racism recently . I'm inter-tribal - I dislike my Igbo mom's tribe and Yoruba dad's tribe _ but both grandpas were awesome . I only take a striking interest in em hausas - single dimensional _ they are either super meek or super deadly and so lovely _Da rest can die with their apathy for one another . if need arose for em to divide ' they should - This OP just gave his critical assessment 'and em opposition will counter and so on and on .. I'm sick of all this bigots 'admin mods are even a greater threat cus they knew this will turn into another heated feud . There's no Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa people 'there's only Nigeria all you mothaFu**ers ! if Nigeria fall ' we shall all fall . Isreal Arab or Egypt or anywhere you all think assumed presumed you all spawned from _ ,born sinners !

And why didn't these tribes fall before the white man came and "baptised" you a "Nigerian"? The British came and pointed Guns at your fore-fathers and forced them to answer a 'slave' name called Nigeria. When the British were leaving,they handed the guns over to the northerners who are still holding it and asking Igbos to answer the same slave name. Unfortunately,Igbos and the people of the south-south know that the rest of Nigeria adds no economic value to them.
Proud to be Igbo!!
Proud to be Biafran!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Ozichim(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ndi Igbo Mma Mma nuo!
Onye Awgu Na ekele Umu Igbo Nile. Chukwu ga-aluluanyi Ogu.

I'm still amassed why somebody should be unhappy or angry with the Igbos for been industrious, yet they also buy land, build houses submit CV for employment etc. I’m not sure that propaganda will stop in this manipulation they call country.
I don’t see any reason why this trend/discussion should make some people mad, let alone generating tribal comments and malignity. If Igbo people are not wanted in Nigeria, let it be made very clear. If all the accusations, name calling and character deformation mated on Igbos are true, then Nigeria should come out clean to tell the world that they don’t want Igbos to be part of Nigeria.
If Igbos are too greedy as they said, and you no longer like them, in fact you hated them, please start campaigning to Nigeria to let them go. Infact start this by sending all Igbos in your state back to their land. People can be very ungrateful.
If one third (1/3) of Igbo investments in Nigeria should be in Igbo Land; Lagos and Abuja will not be compared to South-East of Nigeria. Nigeria is sucking South-East Dry and yet they (these thieves) hated south-East without any just cause. God will answer then for us.

I won't say more than this before they barn me.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Obidikejr(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
satowind: Were did u get ur own facts?

Its a stupid Q and it pains me I have to devote my mb and precious 10 seconds to answer you. Would and Igbo man open this thread without knowing bout his culture cold? You don't ask a doctor how he know you have fever when he studied medicine for 8yrs, its plain rude. Its even 8yrs compared to d op who was born into the culture and grew in,with and through the culture and you open your mouth and asked for facts. If he lied go and find out and prove him wrong then.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by satowind(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Obidikejr:

Its a stupid Q and it pains me I have to devote my mb and precious 10 seconds to answer you. Would and Igbo man open this thread without knowing bout his culture cold? You don't ask a doctor how he know you have fever when he studied medicine for 8yrs, its plain rude. Its even 8yrs compared to d op who was born into the culture and grew in,with and through the culture and you open your mouth and asked for facts. If he lied go and find out and prove him wrong then.
Am igbo too some of the facts there are wrong
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Obidikejr(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Obidikejr(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Barselonia: The most peaceful my foot.
Most wanted 419ers all over the world
http://www.nextwebsecurity.com/419MostWanted1.asp
EFCC most wanted
http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=59
USA most wanted
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-138739.0.html
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/tobechi-enyinna-
onwuhara

Which tribe existing in this earth don't have few negatives? Even all mighty america have criminals and even some bad thing pple learn today is from the whites. . so Prove to me that you don't have at least one criminal in your ethnic group then I can justify your post above.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by scarr: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Obidikejr:

Which tribe existing in this earth don't have few negatives? Even all mighty america have criminals and even some bad thing pple learn today is from the whites. . so Prove to me that you don't have at least one criminal in your ethnic group then I can justify your post above.
if u agree every tribe has negativity why don't u agree dat all tribes have positivity.......
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Elle780(f): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
Are u frm ezeagu? Am frm umudim mgbagbuowa
Jaynec: Nwanne m

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by scarr: 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHEN WOULD THIS WAR END?! IBO VS THE REST OF THE WORLD....WITH ALL THE KILLINGS IN GAZA,NIGERIA AND EVERYWHERE ELSE SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR WHO'S MORE SUPERIOR. NOBODY CAN EVER DENY HE HAS NEVER HATED SOMEONE FROM HIS TRIBE OR EVEN FROM HIS FAMILY, TO HATE OR LOVE IS NOT BY TRIBE BUT MY MIND. A YORUBA AGBERO WON'T STOP HARASSING A YORUBA MAN JUST because DEY ARE FROM D SAME TRIBE SO AS AN IBO RAPIST WON'T STOP RAPING AN IBO GRANDMOTHER COS DEY ARE FROM D SAME TOWN.SO WHY D HECK ARE EDUCATED NAIRALANDERS DISCRIMINATING....FOR ALL THOSE SAYING AWO BETRAYED OJUKWU DON'T FORGET OKOTIE EBOH BETRAYED THE WHOLE NIGERIA BIG TIME.....BUT THAT WAS HOW MANY YEARS AGO, BIKO LET BYGONES BE BYGONES . I'M VERY SURE SOME IBO PEOPLE HERE AVE ONE OF DERE PARENTS AS YORUBA.....WHEN ALL DIS GRAGRA GO END? NAIJA I HAIL O!proudly nigerian

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Tanzanian Women Twerk In Public, Go Viral. See Reactions (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.