Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (485858 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by john1982: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ladywriter please send me an e-book on this thing to Johnsonagboola15@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 29, 2014
ladywriter:
@cremeandchic, Hmmm! Big woman. Don't forget to pay your tithe into my account o, se u know I am now a Pastor. Lol.
ladywriter, kindly help me with the ebooks via Suleimanrays@gmail.com Thanks are bunch! I appreciate.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Rays123: ladywriter, kindly help me with the ebooks via Suleimanrays@gmail.com Thanks are bunch! I appreciate.

Hi @ Ray123 and @ John1982, please download the e-book at - www.alwaysontopbiz.com.
Thanks.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Xpressionz: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2014
cremeandchic:

Hi Resourceman, You promised to teach some skills on this thread. We are patiently waiting for you. God bless u.

Ladywriter, i know i've not been a good student, battling with 90 1,000 word articles and i have to be done by Sunday. I would have more time when i'm done.

I hope everyone is doing well. Pls don't focus on Freelancer alone o. There are writing jobs on the literature ads section on Nairaland and on several other places on the internet too. Cheers.

@Cremeandchic. In case you need to outsource some of the work. I dey here o.
...and I sent you a mail concerning your advert in the literature section but I never got a reply.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Xpressionz: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Just to share my experience in almost one month of working at freelancer.com...

My account balance stands at $112. I have really worked so much in my opinion but my major challenge is that there are a lot of scammers on the site and one needs to be careful.....

There are many employers that when you bid they will ask you to write a sample for them just so they see how good you are. I have fallen into this trap a number of times but I have learnt my lesson. You send them samples and they never give you the job - this is because they use the samples and do not actually intend to give the job out. So one has ended up working for free. What I do now is to tell them that I have samples I can send to them and do not have to write any new one on their own request. Many of them reject this and it goes a long way to show that they are SCAMS.

Secondly, I have also fallen prey to some employers that will employ but will not pay after completion of the job. I helped do a data entry job and after doing it, he never replied my messages again. He is yet to close the project close to 2 weeks after I did this. This is not too painful cos the amount is small.

The one that is painful is the guy that I first worked for. I wrote a number of articles for him and he became my regular employer. He paid for the first 3 batches of articles and it made me trust him so much that I was writing several articles for him without any milestone. Now I have about 15 articles of 500 words that I have written and its over one week that I have submitted them to this guy but he has refused to pay me. He pays $2 for each article and that means he is owing me $30. For someone like me that is just starting, that is significant. I have sent him several messages but he has not replied me even though he comes online. He has several positive reviews which was why I trusted him and never thought he will do this. Adding the $30 to my earnings will further boost it and motivate me but I cant deny that all this has been discouraging me and maybe I am becoming too paranoid in taking orders from just anybody on freelancer.

I don't know how to deal with this kind of issue now. Maybe the gurus in the house can help me on how I can get the money from him.

I invest in writing for this people - I have to buy fuel and I have also been consuming data than ever before. So its a big loss to me that I did not get any ROI on these jobs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by bobojoshua(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
ladywriter:

Ok, am glad you are making effort. Let me give you one or two bidding secrets. Offer to write a 100 word sample on the employer's topic for free. This way they can assess your writing style and grammar. Secondly, offer to send a written sample you already have. Try these tips and let me know!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Xpressionz:

@Cremeandchic. In case you need to outsource some of the work. I dey here o.
...and I sent you a mail concerning your advert in the literature section but I never got a reply.
Yes, occasionally, i'll be needing help............I'll let you know when i do.
About the ads, sorry the position got filled up very fast. Drop ur e-mail address.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by stagger: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Xpressionz: Just to share my experience in almost one month of working at freelancer.com...

My account balance stands at $112. I have really worked so much in my opinion but my major challenge is that there are a lot of scammers on the site and one needs to be careful.....

There are many employers that when you bid they will ask you to write a sample for them just so they see how good you are. I have fallen into this trap a number of times but I have learnt my lesson. You send them samples and they never give you the job - this is because they use the samples and do not actually intend to give the job out. So one has ended up working for free. What I do now is to tell them that I have samples I can send to them and do not have to write any new one on their own request. Many of them reject this and it goes a long way to show that they are SCAMS.

Secondly, I have also fallen prey to some employers that will employ but will not pay after completion of the job. I helped do a data entry job and after doing it, he never replied my messages again. He is yet to close the project close to 2 weeks after I did this. This is not too painful cos the amount is small.

The one that is painful is the guy that I first worked for. I wrote a number of articles for him and he became my regular employer. He paid for the first 3 batches of articles and it made me trust him so much that I was writing several articles for him without any milestone. Now I have about 15 articles of 500 words that I have written and its over one week that I have submitted them to this guy but he has refused to pay me. He pays $2 for each article and that means he is owing me $30. For someone like me that is just starting, that is significant. I have sent him several messages but he has not replied me even though he comes online. He has several positive reviews which was why I trusted him and never thought he will do this. Adding the $30 to my earnings will further boost it and motivate me but I cant deny that all this has been discouraging me and maybe I am becoming too paranoid in taking orders from just anybody on freelancer.

I don't know how to deal with this kind of issue now. Maybe the gurus in the house can help me on how I can get the money from him.

I invest in writing for this people - I have to buy fuel and I have also been consuming data than ever before. So its a big loss to me that I did not get any ROI on these jobs.

Demand for paid samples next time, or file a complaint. I have been on Freelancer for 4 years and after making more than $20,000 on that site, I have seen the best and the worst.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by bobojoshua(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Xpressionz: 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
cremeandchic:
Yes, occasionally, i'll be needing help............I'll let you know when i do.
About the ads, sorry the position got filled up very fast. Drop ur e-mail address.

matthewwritesagain@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Timynder(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
HOW DO YOU THINK THE CBN N65 CASH WITHDRAWAL DIRECTIVE WOULD AFFECT THE NIGERIAN BUSINESS CLIMATE?
Good afternoon, business people.
How are you preparing for the "Ember" months and the rush associated with it? Nigerians are people with a peculiar taste and habits that tilt towards extravagance and flamboyance in the Ember months (September, October, November and December). You'd be surprised what Nigerians can get into in the last 4 months of the year; lavish living topped with expensive habits, flashy and psychedelic dressing, ‘Owambes’ etc. Nearly every one of the 170 million-strong Nigerian population assumes the ‘Show-Yourself’ mindset that makes most Nigerians display their penchant for spending cash like it’s going out of fashion, no one wants to be left out in the squandermania that rules over nearly every wallet in the land. And nothing helps drive the spending spree home more than the ATM card.

The ATM card has been one of the best things to happen to the Nigerian Banking industry since paper money/bank notes itself in the 1800s. Since the ATM was introduced to the Nigerian banking industry around 2003, it caught on like wild fire because of the ease of providing cash withdrawals at any time or day of the year. It made life and business a whole lot easier and Nigerians loved it despite the cost that accompanied the provision of the service. It helped the banks reduce drastically the length of queues in the banking halls and the workload that came with dealing with impatient customers. Things became easier for the customer who now has unhindered access to his money, the freedom to spend it and rebuild his financial status as he deems fit without having anyone monitor him over the counter. Only that service came with a cost of N100 per withdrawal. Life couldn’t just get easier in Nigeria, could it? But it did.

In December 2012 (to the displeasure of bank directors), then former CBN governor and now Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, issued a directive to remove withdrawal charge from the customers using the banks’ ATMs. His rationale for the directive was since the apex bank was pushing for a cashless policy/economy, the bank customers needed additional incentives to keep banking their money and not keeping them at home and other unsafe places like they used to. The reason his position hurt the banks isn’t far-fetched, who’s going to pay for the provision of the services which basically are:
• Cost of transaction per withdrawal between the issuing bank and the holding bank.
• Payment to the switching companies that facilitate the transfer of funds and
• Maintenance of the ATMs nationwide.

The fact that cost has been lifted off their shoulders pleased the nation’s bank customers to no end regardless of who shouldered the responsibility. The customers’ joy was unparalleled…if only it could last forever.
Unfortunately, it didn’t. The joy got cut short by the new CBN governor who within his first 90 days in office decided to re-introduce the ATM withdrawal fee. Only this time, the withdrawal charge is N65, N35 short of the former N100 fee, and would be charged if the customer makes his cash withdrawal on a machine other than that of his bank. The rude awakening snapped bank customers out of the nearly 2-year long nirvana.

Right now, it appears there's no going back on the re-introduction as bank customers heave a collective sigh of resignation to what's coming in a 3 days on September 1, 2014. But we’re curious and asking:
• How negatively do you think the CBN's directive would affect banking in Nigeria?
• Do you think customers would shift attention to internet banking (and inadvertently drive/make a case for the cashless policy) to cushion the blow of the ATM withdrawal charge?
• Has the CBN done enough in the area of awareness of the forth-coming directive/policy?
• Would the directive/policy have a long term effect or it’s just another “Us-against-them” action meant to please the bank chiefs?
Talk to us, we'd like to know...
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Xpressionz: Just to share my experience in almost one month of working at freelancer.com...

Hi Matthew, Hmmm! Welcome to the word of freelancing online. I must first of all salute your courage. You read the thread and took actions. A lot of people read this thread and never did anything. So, Well done Sir. About your complaint, it is a learning curve dear. I learnt the same lesson why i was starting out, infact mine was even bigger than yours - a lot of money, almost $1,400 if I am correct. Articles written that were never paid for, e-books, how many did i want to count. But, all of these did not discourage me, I was sad and angry. But, I made up my mind to be stronger and weather all storms. Today, I am better off.

Solution:
Make sure YOUR EMPLOYER SET MILESTONES. With milestone set, you can report the issue to freelancer.com. Without milestone, there is nothing you can do about it. Oh, you can pray!

Choose the employer you work for. Check their reviews and all that. Although, sometimes some of them do misbehave like you said.

Encourage yourself and get going! The future is bright!
I have been looking for you. Please get in touch with me.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Zico0(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
please anyone that can be so kind: i need to be able to recieve funds in my payoneer acct. immediately but i cannot get a voter or national card as soon, so i was wondering if there is some form of document that can be issued me at a magistrate court to substitute with those for the time being...any blessed person? I beg.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
2sExy1: Do we have any graphic designer here? I mean a very good one? I have an idea for ya...

If you don't know, I am a domainer by passion and sell web names when the opportunity present itself smiley.

But there is an emerging trend among a certain circle of domain sellers who specialize in brandables. Brandables are made up non-dictionary words and they often need graphics to convey the meaning of the made up words. You can snoop around namepros.com or dnforum.com to find a niche for yourself.
Yes, you do. I am a graphics designer.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=Xpressionz]Just to share my experience in almost one month of working at freelancer.com...

Oh my God. I fell for it. I ve written two articles for free without hearing from them till now
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2014
Has anyone thought of the idea to subscribe to job alert at freelancer or elance so that once there is an available job, you will be alerted via email...

Go Hard or Go Extinct! cool

4 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=ambrosini593][/quote]

If you must give a sample article, use the samples you have already and if the employer demands for a sample on his topic, write 100 WORDS for him. If he is not satisfied with that, then let him/her go.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by U1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
ladywriter:

If you must give a sample article, use the samples you have already and if the employer demands for a sample on his topic, write 100 WORDS for him. If he is not satisfied with that, then let him/her go.

Na my style be that! But I think I am at a stage now where they rarely ask for free samples. I can only remember 1-2 of such this year.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
ladywriter:

. I just got this message below.
Notification
August 30, 2014

Hi ambroseeide,

Congratulations! rajat07me awarded you their project "Freshers needed with a flair for writing quality articles- 215"!

Don't keep them waiting! You have 36 hours to accept before the award of the project is retracted automatically.

Accept the project

Your initial Milestone Request has been forwarded to the employer. A Milestone Payment protects you because you can start work with peace of mind, knowing that the funds are there.

In the unlikely event that an issue occurs involving your project we have a dedicated Dispute Resolution System in place to protect you.

We strongly suggest that you do not start work until a Milestone Payment is in place from rajat07me.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Zico0(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Zico0: please anyone that can be so kind: i need to be able to recieve funds in my payoneer acct. immediately but i cannot get a voter or national card as soon, so i was wondering if there is some form of document that can be issued me at a magistrate court to substitute with those for the time being...any blessed person? I beg.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
ambrosini593: . I just got this message below.
Notification
August 30, 2014

Hi ambroseeide,

Congratulations! rajat07me awarded you their project "Freshers needed with a flair for writing quality articles- 215"!

Don't keep them waiting! You have 36 hours to accept before the award of the project is retracted automatically.

Accept the project

Your initial Milestone Request has been forwarded to the employer. A Milestone Payment protects you because you can start work with peace of mind, knowing that the funds are there.

In the unlikely event that an issue occurs involving your project we have a dedicated Dispute Resolution System in place to protect you.

We strongly suggest that you do not start work until a Milestone Payment is in place from rajat07me.

Hi, you have been awarded a writing project. If you want to accept the project, click on the green button "Accept the project". I know the employer - rajat07me, but tell him to set a milestone for you. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
ladywriter:

Hi, you have been awarded a writing project. If you want to accept the project, click on the green button "Accept the project". I know the employer - rajat07me, but tell him to set a milestone for you. Congrats.
The project is a long term one and I was given 35 hours to accept it. The problem now is that am using bb bold 5 and I can't click on the green button but I do have unlimited internet access at work from Mondays to Fridays except saturdays n sundays. What do I do now? Pls help me I need to accept the project
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by bobojoshua(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
ambrosini593:
The project is a long term one and I was given 35 hours to accept it. The problem now is that am using bb bold 5 and I can't click on the green button but I do have unlimited internet access at work from Mondays to Fridays except saturdays n sundays. What do I do now? Pls help me I need to accept the project
Cybercafe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
bobojoshua: Cybercafe

Good! Go ahead and use a cybercafe.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
ladywriter:

None is work around my area
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by jonaboy: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
ambrosini593:
None is work around my area
. Seems you are not interested in accepting the project, if there is no cybercafe in your area can't you go to a nearby area where there is cafe and accept the job? I mean how much would it cost you to do that. Really wish I was the one that won a project like you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by henrimoto(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2014
jonaboy: . Seems you are not interested in accepting the project, if there is no cybercafe in your area can't you go to a nearby area where there is cafe and accept the job? I mean how much would it cost you to do that. Really wish I was the one that won a project like you.
leave am, @ladywriter. Can you please do some magic for that guy's bold 5' to turn to a laptop or desktop computer ? Na wetin dey d guy mind i ask you so

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
ladywriter:

I've accepted the project along with the milestone. What next?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
ambrosini593:
I've accepted the project along with the milestone. What next?

Ask for the list of topics the employer will like you to write on. Contact him through the private message inbox. Once you get the list of topic, then you can start writing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.