Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (485557 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by henrimoto(m): 1:22am On Aug 01, 2014
samogo1: an average 500word article costs $2 and so if u target making $500 monthly, it means 250 articles monthly and about 8 articles daily. so if you are equal to the task, then success is sure on freelancer.
@ladywriter, is it true? 500 words -2 dollars?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Ladywriter na you cause this kind thing oh. I am still awake by this time. Joined freelancer today after seeing your post, and I am currently on my 3rd job. We really need to talk. Can I have your email pls? Nairaland is not allowing me to send pms. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by henrimoto(m): 3:10am On Aug 01, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Ladywriter na you cause this kind thing oh. I am still awake by this time. Joined freelancer today after seeing your post, and I am currently on my 3rd job. We really need to talk. Can I have your email pls? Nairaland is not allowing me to send pms. Thanks
seriously ?? Lol
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2014
henrimoto: seriously ?? Lol
have constant internet access and be willing to work you butts out for a start.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Businesslocator(m): 6:15am On Aug 01, 2014
invest and get paid after 7 business
days check the link on my
signature.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ugo1990(m): 7:40am On Aug 01, 2014
who wants me to send him/ her 20 free places to write article and make $5 each from each site contact me 08062721026 or mail me @ougochukwu98@yahoo.com
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by jonaboy: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2014
ugo1990: who wants me to send him/ her 20 free places to write article and make $5 each from each site contact me 08062721026 or mail me @ougochukwu98@yahoo.com
. Please if you can't post them here then you are free to keep them to your self, we don't need people that are not ready to disclose full information here. What do you need people phone numbers for?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2014
samogo1: an average 500word article costs $2 and so if u target making $500 monthly, it means 250 articles monthly and about 8 articles daily. so if you are equal to the task, then success is sure on freelancer.

@samogo1, sorry to say this, but you are wrong with your calculation. Employers are different! Some of them are willing to pay as much as $5 per article if you have a good writing skill. Apart from that, the amount you charge also depends on the topic at hand. Technical articles pay more than common articles like dating/weight loss and the rest of them. This is where strategy comes in. You need to learn how to write different kinds of topics so that you can make more. I also emphasized on learning how to write reports and e-books. That is where the money is. You can make as much as $200 on one e-book that you can write in one week. So, boost your skills and make more.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Ladywriter na you cause this kind thing oh. I am still awake by this time. Joined freelancer today after seeing your post, and I am currently on my 3rd job. We really need to talk. Can I have your email pls? Nairaland is not allowing me to send pms. Thanks

Yeah, you are my guy! My email is virtualassistprof@gmail.com. Let's talk!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
ladywriter:

Everyone experiences the Writer's block. What I do is look at the reward, not at the work at hand. When I look at the project fee and convert it to Naira, I am motivated to write. The motivation is the reward!

L.O.L. Now that's what I'm talking about. *like I can! Lol*
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by etebefia: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Ladywriter, can you guide us on how to start off (i mean best way to set our account and best way to bid for a job?)

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by lordfalcao(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
jcgodfrey:

L.O.L. Now that's what I'm talking about. *like I can! Lol*
bia nwa jideofor nzegwu Mac godfrey

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by davidugotex(m): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ladywriter, Pls how can I go about the Payoneer Master card since I'm also in Ghana? And please share with us how you upgraded your skills to writing e-books and research reports, do you have a tutorial on that?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
etebefia: @Ladywriter, can you guide us on how to start off (i mean best way to set our account and best way to bid for a job?)

7 Tips for Writing an Effective Bid

With thousands of freelancers competing for jobs and perhaps a hundred or more bidding on the same job, how do you make your bid stand out from the rest? The fact is each employer is as different as each freelancer, so there really isn’t a “magic formula” that works for every bid. There are, however some important steps you can take to increase the chances that a prospective employer will consider your bid seriously. Here are ten simple tips for writing an effective bid:

1. Read the project description carefully. After all, if the employer doesn’t feel you understand the project, you’re not likely to win the bidding. Besides, many employers will ask for specific details that you need to be aware of. In fact, employers often include a phrase that must be included in your bid in order to have it considered. The bottom line is, you should always take the time to go through the description thoroughly.

2. If you have questions, use the Project Clarification Board before you bid. Winning a project without knowing exactly what you’re getting into isn’t a good situation for you or the service buyer.

3. Keep your bid clear, concise and to the point. Remember that the employer may have dozens or even hundreds of bids to consider. It’s very likely that every word of every bid isn’t going to be read. Bids with unnecessarily long descriptions may be skipped over completely. Don’t invite the employer to ignore your bid by making it too wordy.

5. Follow up with a private message. After you place your bid, use the private message board to provide more information. This is the appropriate place to add those less important details you avoided in your bid. After all, if your bid generated enough interest to get the employer this far, you’re halfway there. Now those details may make the difference.

6. Be competitive with your pricing. Note that this doesn't necessarily mean you need to be the lowest bidder. Bidding in a world-wide marketplace makes for tough competition, but if your work is truly above average, you may find that employers are willing to pay above average prices. On the other hand, if you’re relatively new to freelancing, you may need to establish a reputation first. A little common sense will go a long way here.

7. Last, but certainly not least, proofread your bid before you submit it. Is it written clearly? Are there misspellings? No matter what kind of project you’re bidding on, a poorly written proposal suggests a lack of interest and poor work habits. Neither of those is going to work in your favor.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
davidugotex: Ladywriter, Pls how can I go about the Payoneer Master card since I'm also in Ghana? And please share with us how you upgraded your skills to writing e-books and research reports, do you have a tutorial on that?

Payoneer master card is free. You can go to their website and register, follow all the procedures and it will be mailed to you. I read several e-books and also learnt by practicing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sseunth(m): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
ladywriter: I have been making money online writing/researching online for the past two years now. I got my first writing job here on Nairaland with a content writing firm in Lagos. I worked for a few month with the company and then moved to www.freelancer.com. Freelancer.com is authentic and most importantly it is free. You can receive your income directly in Nigeria through a master card issued by a company known as payoneer.

Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is an online marketplace where employers post their jobs and members executes it. There a lot of jobs available on the website - such as writing/data entry/research/ typing/web design/social media marketing/market research/business plan writing etc.

What is required:
1. Open a free account on freelancer.com
2. Search for jobs in the marketplace
3. Place your bids
4. Get picked by the employer
5. Get paid
6. Withdraw your income into payoneer card
7. Withdraw your money from any mastercard ATM in Nigeria.

If you have questions get in touch with me on virtualassistprof@gmail.com
freelancer.com is not free...you gonna pay membership fee of 9dollars or so
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Ladywriter. What's your take on Odesk and Elance? Have u tried them out before?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
sseunth: freelancer.com is not free...you gonna pay membership fee of 9dollars or so

@sseunth, that is not true! Check out the membership plans below:

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by readone1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
@ladywriter I registered already but stuck at the payment option hope I won't get unnecessary reduction on my account balance can I trust them
my email address is gentlegenius2012@yahoo.com please send me the necessary tips I need to know
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sseunth(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
ladywriter:

@sseunth, that is not true! Check out the membership plans below:
they have bin disturbin me to upgrade....and their work sef is nt easy...

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2014
sseunth: they have bin disturbin me to upgrade....and their work sef is nt easy...

@sseunth, you are expected to have made some money to be able to upgrade to the next membership level. Nothing is easy in this life, if you want to make money online, you must work! Wish you all the best.

7 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by benatex(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2014
My Questions
1. What articles exactly do u write
2. Are there jobs of proofreading and language translation
3. How and when does one get a payoneer card and is it easy to get one
4. I don't have a pc,can I use my android to work
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2014
benatex: My Questions
1. What articles exactly do u write
2. Are there jobs of proofreading and language translation
3. How and when does one get a payoneer card and is it easy to get one
4. I don't have a pc,can I use my android to work

1. I started with article writing to build my credibility but upgraded my skills to writing e-books and reports. However, there are different kinds of articles depending on the niche you are writing on such as dating, weight loss, etc.

2. Yes, a lot of it.

3. It takes about 2 months for them to post it to you once you apply for it on their website. It is very easy and free.

4. It is better if you have a PC.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sextail(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please, how do you write proposal for the bids and what kind of job do you bid on? is it the ending soon?

Thank You
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sylve11: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
good one @ op, may u continue to knw more. cool
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by U1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
ladywriter:
@Joeself1, you keep bidding until your bid is picked. On the average, if i placed 10 bids, I get at least 2 jobs. The more you bid, the more your success of getting picked.

@Tonytony208, thanks for your input. Yes, you are right, the idea of making $1000/month depends on the kind of job you are bidding on. If you are writing $1 articles, you cannot make that much. When i was writing articles, I made at least $400/month. Then, i upgraded my knowledge and skills to writing e-books, market research and the rest of it. I tell you, that was when my income increased to $1,000 and now, i have moved forward.

Good job, ladywriter! But I was about challenging the claim of making $1,000 a month writing articles on Freelancer until I read the above. It must have even been long when you used to earn $400 a month. The article writing section is a joke now, at least based on what I saw from my last few visits there. I can tell you now that it is very hard for an average writer to earn up to $300 a month on that site -- something that can only happen if you receive jobs worth at least 100, 500-word pieces each month. This is also given you are from Africa or Asia. You can go check again if it's been a while since you visited. Since I have yet to dabble into the other areas you mentioned, I can't comment in those regards.

Don't get me wrong, people. I'm not discouraging anyone, but don't set your sight too high just yet. You shouldn't be surprised to see rates such as $0.75 and $1 for a 500-word piece. oDesk seems a bit more friendly and manageable for now, albeit not devoid of ridiculously low rates.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
sextail: Please, how do you write proposal for the bids and what kind of job do you bid on? is it the ending soon?

Thank You

I answered your questions above. I started with articles and now i write e-books, reports etc.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
@U1, I started writing articles at $1.00 and then $1.25, $2, $2.5, $3 and eventually $5. It really helped me to build my credibility and rating on freelancer and also polished my writing skill. For each project you complete successfully, you receive a feedback from the client and freelancer gives you a star. Most employers will check the number of projects you complete before they can hire you. When you have lots of reviews from employers, it will erase the fact that you are from Africa. You will be seen as a professional. I have seen people who started on freelancer and have their own content writing business today. It is a starting point. You need to start from somewhere because Rome was not built in a day.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2014
ladywriter: @U1, I started writing articles at $1.00 and then $1.25, $2, $2.5, $3 and eventually $5. It really helped me to build my credibility and rating on freelancer and also polished my writing skill. For each project you complete successfully, you receive a feedback from the client and freelancer gives you a star. Most employers will check the number of projects you complete before they can hire you. When you have lots of reviews from employers, it will erase the fact that you are from Africa. You will be seen as a professional. I have seen people who started on freelancer and have their own content writing business today. It is a starting point. You need to start from somewhere because Rome was not built in a day.

Hi Ladywriter, it's Jumoke. I left you several mails on the mentoring program since sunday and you haven't replied me till now.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2014
cremeandchic:

Hi Ladywriter, it's Jumoke. I left you several mails on the mentoring program since sunday and you haven't replied me till now.

Sorry dear. I have been busy attending to household needs. I just replied your mail.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ladywriter, i just sent u another mail, pls reply
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by U1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
ladywriter: @U1, I started writing articles at $1.00 and then $1.25, $2, $2.5, $3 and eventually $5. It really helped me to build my credibility and rating on freelancer and also polished my writing skill. For each project you complete successfully, you receive a feedback from the client and freelancer gives you a star. Most employers will check the number of projects you complete before they can hire you. When you have lots of reviews from employers, it will erase the fact that you are from Africa. You will be seen as a professional. I have seen people who started on freelancer and have their own content writing business today. It is a starting point. You need to start from somewhere because Rome was not built in a day.

But I tell you, it's hard to break that cycle of low rates if you start at something like $1 per 500-word article. At least $1.5 is advisable, because there's still no guarantee that some buyers will leave you any feedback or a good one, if they did, after making you work for pennies. I never did that for my first wholly writing job. But this is the sort of rate that dominates Freelancer now. Users like "Mohd" with hundreds of reviews are ever ready to mop up better paying jobs, even those paying $2.5 or maybe less per piece.

As if that is not bad enough, I suspect many unserious buyers have infested the site. You bid for several jobs without getting any response and, few weeks or months later, you are notified the jobs have expired without any hire.

I think that site is just living on old glory, especially in terms of article writing and data entry/processing categories. If you are being paid $5 a piece, as you said, I still don't see you regularly earning more than $400 after fees each month, as article orders have a significant role to play in earnings.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.