Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (486852 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by gurusvil(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2015
If you are exceptionally good, especially in academic writing, you can write for us here in Nigeria at a better rate and earn your money here in Nigeria without hassle.
Organisation : Gurusvillage Writing Service
Email: info@gurusvillage.com
The organisation is currently recruiting (freelancers). If you are sure that you are exceptionally good in academic writing with a lot of experience, forward your CV and cover letter to the email provided above.

Good luck.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Paulscholari(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2015
I am fed up with freelancer after being duped 3 times, writing project and not being paid is there no way someone can report this Internet hoodlums,.... Going to the site talkless of bidding piss me off..

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:07pm On May 29, 2015
Paulscholari:
I am fed up with freelancer after being duped 3 times, writing project and not being paid is there no way someone can report this Internet hoodlums,.... Going to the site talkless of bidding piss me off..

Hi Paul, did the employers set milestone for you? That is the only way to avoid this problem. I always tell you guys not to accept any project without milestone. It is risky! Don't give up please. Go back and start bidding. Always ensure that the employer set milestone before you pick up the project. That way, you can go to dispute when there is a problem. It is very important!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by encrypt(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2015
Paulscholari:
Why keep all your eggs in a one basket...or as it were all your ink in one bottle. Try fiverr...There is equally people per hour...am on all three platforms. Though i must confess, fiverr does it for me. For crying out loud I offer a service and am good at it...why do i have to beg and speak all the grammar known to man to convince someone that i actually do what i claim to do and then get paid scraps at the end of the day?

Don't do it tomorrow...after reading this just go to fiverr and open an account NOW. Even if you are not ready to start yet.Trust me, i opened my fiverr account in 2012 and i started sales January this year and that duration helped me attain level one quite fast.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Paulscholari(m): 11:05pm On May 29, 2015
thanks ladywriter.i will keep to your advice
ladywriter:

Hi Paul, did the employers set milestone for you? That is the only way to avoid this problem. I always tell you guys not to accept any project without milestone. It is risky! Don't give up please. Go back and start bidding. Always ensure that the employer set milestone before you pick up the project. That way, you can go to dispute when there is a problem. It is very important!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Paulscholari(m): 11:06pm On May 29, 2015
thanks encrypt i will do that now
encrypt:

Why keep all your eggs in a one basket...or as it were all your ink in one bottle. Try fiverr...There is equally people per hour...am on all three platforms. Though i must confess, fiverr does it for me. For crying out loud I offer a service and am good at it...why do i have to beg and speak all the grammar known to man to convince someone that i actually do what i claim to do and then get paid scraps at the end of the day?

Don't do it tomorrow...after reading this just go to fiverr and open an account NOW. Even if you are not ready to start yet.Trust me, i opened my fiverr account in 2012 and i started sales January this year and that duration helped me attain level one quite fast.

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 3:57am On May 30, 2015
kingspaco:

@twosquare, Thank you for your encouraging words..... Am still waiting and am convinced I will get a job soonest.

got my first project yesternight in late hours....2 at a go....so don't give up
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 9:22am On May 30, 2015
Please, if your name is Yinka Olawoyin, contact Hisenjos for your Freelancer funds Asap.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Globaby01: 11:10am On May 30, 2015
please, i was asked to set a milestone, what does it mean and how does one do that aspect when bidding for a project. i am a newbie to freelancer. i was given 100 bid because i gave my credit card info, pklease i want job so that before they collect their money i would have made money. please help me urgently
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2015
Globaby01:
please, i was asked to set a milestone, what does it mean and how does one do that aspect when bidding for a project. i am a newbie to freelancer. i was given 100 bid because i gave my credit card info, pklease i want job so that before they collect their money i would have made money. please help me urgently
please check past discussions for last month...I posted a link about this on this thread.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:40pm On May 30, 2015
Una well done o.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 6:21pm On May 30, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
Una well done o.
Peeping Tom
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:49pm On May 30, 2015
cremeandchic:

Peeping Tom
Monitoring Jerry
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ogalawyer(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2015
encrypt:

Yessoh..I've fallen so much in love with fiverr that I hardly have time for freelancer. It's less hassle free than freelancer where you have to continuously bid for scarce projects with so many competitors and scammers. With fiverr, just make sure you create a valuable and attractive gig then sit back, relax and watch the orders pour in. But I'll advice anyone considering opening a fiverr account to use a foreign I.p. It gives you a considerable advantage.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 8:05pm On May 30, 2015
ogalawyer:
Yessoh..I've fallen so much in love with fiverr that I hardly have time for freelancer. It's less hassle free than freelancer where you have to continuously bid for scarce projects with so many competitors and scammers. With fiverr, just make sure you create a valuable and attractive gig then sit back, relax and watch the orders pour in. But I'll advice anyone considering opening a fiverr account to use a foreign I.p. It gives you a considerable advantage.

Hmmn, controversial topic! But you couldn't have said it better!

As much as i would like to flaunt my Nigerian flag to the moon and back, the USA flag puts food on my table FASTER.

It is unfortunate but it is what it is.

It is not just because you are a Nigerian, it is because ENGLISH is not your NATIVE language. So Native buyers(which by the way make up the majority on these micro-job websites) would make Native speakers their first choice. Of course, some of them who have more open minds or have had great experiences with non-native speakers would have no problem hiring you but they are the minority.

It's just like going to an American to write me an article in Igbo language. Yes, there might be some of them who can write Igbo well but i would have some doubts and can't help but feel like i am gambling with my job when i place such orders.

I would advice anyone in doubt to create 2 accounts, one Nigerian and one USA. The sales you get on each account would help you make up your mind.

I studied fiverr for months before creating an account and i discovered that these factors drive up your sales significantly.

1) Being a U.S native Speaker(Flaunting a US flag)
2) Being a female( Female Profile Photo, not too young and not too old. Middle age is good)
3) Having an attractive profile/gig photo
4) Having a Gig Video
5) Using the right tags
6) Using the buyer's request features
7) Having 100% positive reviews
cool Using the official fiverr forum to promote your gig
9) Promoting your gig on LinkedIn groups or on the Fiverr LinkedIn page
10) Having multiple accounts( if one no sell, one go sell na)

What else?

I would include more as i remember.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ogalawyer(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2015
cremeandchic:

As much as i would like to flaunt my Nigerian flag to the moon and back, the USA flag puts food on my table FASTER.

It is not just because you are a Nigerian, it is because ENGLISH is not your NATIVE language. So Native buyers(which by the way make up the majority on these micro-job websites) would make Native speakers their first choice. Of course, some of them who have more open minds or have had great experiences with non-native speakers would have no problem hiring you but they are the minority.

It's just like going to an American to write me an article in Igbo language. Yes, there might be some of them who can write Igbo well but i would have some doubts and can't help but feel like i am gambling with my job when i place such orders.

I would advice anyone in doubt to create 2 accounts, one Nigerian and one USA. The sales you get on each account would help you make up your mind.

I studied fiverr for months before creating an account and i discovered that these factors drive up your sales significantly.

2) Being a female( Female Profile Photo, not too young and not too old. Middle age is good)
4) Having a Gig Video
5) Using the right tags

What else?

Very valid points...though i'm yet to promote mg gigs and start using the buyers' request features (i'll do that asap)...I'm equally considering getting another fiverr account, this time as a female (white, of course)..lolz.. I know it may sound a bit amoral, but man gats chop nau..lol
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:18pm On May 30, 2015
cremeandchic:

4) Having a Gig Video
5) Using the right tags

What else?

Eeeh o Madam Fiverr! Great points you have there! However, I strongly disagree with you on points No. (1), (2) and (10). I like Fiverr, and I have an account on it. I have made good money with my Market research gig (as much as $200/gig). I love the environment and all of that. My stand regarding integrity has not change and will not change. Be who you are online and offline (whether a Nigerian, male or female). Fiverr does not allow more than one account per person. It is against their terms of service. Read it here - https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - "To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Fiverr’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts."

What people do is to use different IPs and Paypal accounts. When Fiverr discover your accounts, all of them will be disabled. This is not ethical. This is one of the reasons why people from other countries label Nigerians as fraudsters.

Be who you are, diligent, hardworking and sincere and I bet you, you will make it in life. Pastor Sam Adeyemi was preaching on the TV one day and he spoke about integrity. Integrity in business can take you to where you don't dream of reaching.

Having said this, anybody that decides to open more than one accounts and change his /her identity does so at his/her risk. Nemesis nowadays flies first class and it may catch up with you faster than you expect. It is well!

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by encrypt(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2015
Hmm regarding having U.S fiverr account...truth be told it does help you get more sales. The reasons being those stated by creme...however, there is also the side effect...such as when you see Nigerians that need services done and you feel the urge to play the "am equally a Nigerian" card OR when you meet up with a client outside fiverr probably on skype or linkedin (and you have a Nigerian account there)...

Anyways, i opened my account back then in 2012 and i opened it with my country as U.S, that was way before any IP issue came into the mix. I did this because that was how it was explained to me. As regards gig image, i felt grossly uncomfortable with having a female picture so currently i have my very own black, mildly good looking, face up there.

Guess what? it helped me land my first client who now uses my services exclusively. Apparently he prefers to give jobs to Africans since he is equally a Black American.
Bottom line is be yourself, register a gig you know the onions well...be smart...and if you are good!! your demographics would not matter...quality (value for money) over everything.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 11:36pm On May 30, 2015
ladywriter:

Eeeh o Madam Fiverr! Great points you have there! However, I strongly disagree with you on points No. (1), (2) and (10). I like Fiverr, and I have an account on it. I have made good money with my Market research gig (as much as $200/gig). I love the environment and all of that. My stand regarding integrity has not change and will not change. Be who you are online and offline (whether a Nigerian, male or female). Fiverr does not allow more than one account per person. It is against their terms of service. Read it here - https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - "To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Fiverr’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts."

What people do is to use different IPs and Paypal accounts. When Fiverr discover your accounts, all of them will be disabled. This is not ethical. This is one of the reasons why people from other countries label Nigerians as fraudsters.

Be who you are, diligent, hardworking and sincere and I bet you, you will make it in life. Pastor Sam Adeyemi was preaching on the TV one day and he spoke about integrity. Integrity in business can take you to where you don't dream of reaching.

Having said this, anybody that decides to open more than one accounts and change his /her identity does so at his/her risk. Nemesis nowadays flies first class and it may catch up with you faster than you expect. It is well!

Well, this right here is one point we will never agree on.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by topsquino(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2015
Guys, please help me before I faint o.

I don't know why freelancer has been charging me almost 3 dollars for each projected awarded to me. imagine I did a project worth 10 dollars and to my chragrin, freelancer deducted approximately 3 dollars. Please how can I reach their customer care.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by blessedcjlink: 11:13am On May 31, 2015
Buy goods at wholesale price from www.bayaboss.com
strictly for retailers
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tranxo(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2015
topsquino:

I don't know why freelancer has been charging me almost 3 dollars for each projected awarded to me. imagine I did a project worth 10 dollars and to my chragrin, freelancer deducted approximately 3 dollars. Please how can I reach their customer care.
You can reach their customer care here https://www.freelancer.com/feesandcharges/
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 5:11am On Jun 01, 2015
topsquino:

that's strange....what membership are you on...they only charge me a dollar
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by topsquino(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2015
tranxo:

You can reach their customer care here https://www.freelancer.com/feesandcharges/

blessedcjlink:
Buy goods at wholesale price from www.bayaboss.com
strictly for retailers

Freelancer just informed me that I was charged an equivalent of 10% or $5 dollars for each 10 dollar project that was to me because I subscribed to a plus membership plan.

I need advise. Would it be advisable to join another membership plan now bearing mind that it will expire on June 20. Also I need more information on the the membership plan that will significantly reduce my charges, for I have been charged almost $10 for this costly mistake.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Folayinka: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2015
It's a pity, I also fell this lady's victim and was so sad. she gave me academic task which I delivered within stipulated time. My mistake was that I didn't set milestone for her, story started immediately after I submitted the work. All should be careful with such people.
yujaysworld1:
Hello people. To all newbies in Freelancer, working for coolwriter30 is at your own risk. I've been sad for days. Imagine a Nigerian getting duped by an Asian! I made the mistake of not setting milestones with her. I researched, uploaded and then published on the website and stories came up after which she stopped responding to my messages.
Please don't make my mistake. Check a prospective client's profile to be certain of payment verification before accepting any project.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Folayinka: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2015
Thank you madam. I've done that.
cremeandchic:
Please, if your name is Yinka Olawoyin, contact Hisenjos for your Freelancer funds Asap.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by yujaysworld1: 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
Folayinka:
It's a pity, I also fell this lady's victim and was so sad. she gave me academic task which I delivered within stipulated time. My mistake was that I didn't set milestone for her, story started immediately after I submitted the work. All should be careful with such people.
I reported her to Freelancer as a fake. I feel if more people report her, some action can be taken against her.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
anyone who sees the username- bsilver161 on freelancer.com should please flee....a phillipino flag, he just cheated me and gave me bad reviews after refusing to pay for the second job just because i refused to do a third job for him ....these asians are getting on my nerves and i am going to report him right away...He is holding me to ransom...telling me that he have the money and the empire he has built on freelancer.com, he will make sure he use it to fight me. LOOK at his words:

"Since I have the money, I will hire freelancer who will write about you :"

"what ever it is,, only money is important to me.. Money is power nothing more"

"I give 5 star only to those that follow my orders. Not to those that decline"

"To make you as my enemy of my empire"

"I will blacklist your name on all my connections"
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by jonaboy: 12:31am On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=twosquare post=34331869]anyone who sees the username- bsilver161 on freelancer.com should please flee....a phillipino flag, he just cheated me and gave me bad reviews after refusing to pay for the second job just because i refused to do a third job for him ....these asians are getting on my nerves and i am going to report him right away...He is holding me to ransom...telling me that he have the money and the empire he has built on freelancer.com, he will make sure he use it to fight me. LOOK at his words:

"Since I have the money, I will hire freelancer who will write about you :"

"what ever it is,, only money is important to me.. Money is power nothing more"

"I give 5 star only to those that follow my orders. Not to those that decline"

"To make you as my enemy of my empire"

"I will blacklist your name on all my connections"

[/quote. Please report him to freelancer and copy all his stupid threats and paste so that freelancer can see, I hope they take action on him.]
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Globaby01: 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
ogalawyer:
what is the meaning of gig and how can one create valuable and attractive gig.?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Fem60(m): 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
Do you believe that you can make over $50 daily on fiverr. That I too small, I believe that is what many people will say. Well! $50 is not too small in a day, that is $1500 every single month (300,000). Is not money, when we are talking about fiverr, many Nigerian make more than that. Am here to help you with my two weeks online fiverr training. We guarantee you $50 before the end of the training. Just follow here to read more about this offer: www.nairaland.com/2350151/two-weesks-step-step-fiverr

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.