Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an (15600 Views)

Allahu Written On A Rock In Osogbo (pics) / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Ngwakwe: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2014
WASMOG: angryAnd since then the quran still remain one no new testament, no old, no versions am proud to be a Muslim

Is New testament and Old (Hebrew) testament the same Religion?

The Quran lifted hundreds if not thousands references and quotes from Old testament thereby making it a revision.

Is Quran the first to record creation by God/Allah or the Hebrew Testament?

10 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by farem: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
BlackPeni5: Does this stop Sunni ISIS from killing Shia muslims in Iraq and Syria?
No!

5 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by alienvirus: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2014
seankay: Will this stop them from bom*bing? undecided
Yes it will if and only if you go to ISIS or BH and quote it while you have the rosary on your neck.
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by ayusco85(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2014
No comment

*exits thread with full speed*

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by gatiano(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
of course, 100% no doubts. Arabic the first ever language obeys the law of life as ALLAH as created it. the earth rotates from right to left (anticlockwise), so is arabic. ISLAM IS MATHEMATICS AND MATHEMATICS IS ISLAM, it stands true for those who understand.

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by DJDOLA(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoom; laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawm; lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil ard; man zallazee yashfa'u indahooo illaa be iznih; ya'lamu maa baina zideehim wa maa khalfahum; wa laa yuheetoona beshai 'immin 'ilmihee illa be maa shaaaa; wasi'a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda wa la ya'ooduho hifzuhumaa; wa huwal aliyyul 'azeem

Recite it every morin and ask God wat ever u want....and thank me later
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Donsammi(m): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2014
gatiano: of course, 100% no doubts. Arabic the first ever language obeys the law of life as ALLAH as created it. the earth rotates from right to left (anticlockwise), so is arabic. ISLAM IS MATHEMATICS AND MATHEMATICS IS ISLAM, it stands true for those who understand.
hebrew is als0 frm riqht to left... N0t 0nly arabic..

2 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by ojeota(f): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2014
This are the same people who are against western education.
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by olaeffect(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2014
vedaxcool: The religious text of Islam remain preserved compared to other religions. In it there is a sign for men of understanding.

Please educate me further. My Muslim friends while growing up made me believe that the Quran (unlike the bible) was handed down by Allah and not written by men. What is this carbon dating all about. Please clarify.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Tundeiab(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2014
tbaba1234: Leiden’s oldest Koran fragments more than a century older than previously believed

The very oldest Koranic fragments owned by the Leiden University Libraries date back to the second half of the seventh century, between 30 and 70 years after the death of the Prophet Muhammad. This has been shown by newly conducted radiocarbon analyses. This finding agrees with official Islamic teachings.

The Koranic fragments, which are on papyrus and parchment, do not themselves bear a date. ‘On the basis of the elongated, slanted Arabic script known as Hijazi we did know that the fragments in Leiden must be old,’ says Dr Arnoud Vrolijk, curator of Oriental manuscripts in the Special Collections department of the Leiden University Libraries. The papyrus fragment had been cautiously dated to about 770–830 A.D., but the recently completed analysis has shown that it is older than that, dating from the period between 650 and 715. ‘Well over a century older than we thought,’ says Vrolijk. No one had ever ventured to estimate the age of the parchment fragments. ‘Now we can say that the oldest fragment on parchment probably dates from the period 650–700.’

Committed to writing during Uthman’s caliphate

‘What’s interesting,’ says Vrolijk, ‘is that according to official Islamic teaching the Koran was first committed to writing during the caliphate of Uthman, who ruled from 645 to 656. The results of the analysis are in very close agreement with that, or at least don’t contradict it.’ Many Western Islamic scholars are sceptical about such an early date for when the Koran was set down in writing. They believe that the canonical text of the Koran was only written down much later, in the ninth century or even later.’ Patricia Crone and Michael Cook, Arabists and historians at Princeton University who received an honorary doctorate from Leiden University in 2013 also joined in the discussion. They are among the sceptics.

Extra investment in the fragments

In the wake of the carbon-14 analysis the University Libraries decided to make an extra investment to improve the physical condition of the old parchment. In the libraries’ own restoration workshop Karin Scheper stabilised the material and reinforced the fragile edges with new parchment

Major research on the early history of the Koranic text

Under the coordination of the Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademi der Wissenschaften, two institutes – one German (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) and the other French (Agence Nationale de Recherche) – began the international Coranica project, aimed at research into the early history of the Koranic text. The research deals not only with the text, but also with the physical fragments. The researchers are including in their research fragments located in places like Berlin and Paris. Although more fragments are held elsewhere, Leiden University is also being featured in the research due to a number of fragments in its collections. Leiden University was happy to co-operate

http://www.news.leiden.edu/news-2014/oldest-koran-fragments.html
Muslims believe that God created Adam, science says our root can be traced to Apes.

I don't get how science supports Islam.

I have a question for all the Muslims in the house. Why is it the 98% of terrorist group all over the world claim that They are inspired by the Quoran? This question has really been bothering my mind.

MUSLIMS IN THE HOUSE OVER TO YOU!

3 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by gatiano(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2014
ok, that is nice, as taught by Moses/Musa.
Donsammi: hebrew is als0 frm riqht to left... N0t 0nly arabic..
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Sylvarresta(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
ojeota: This are the same people who are against western education.
Rubbish
Don't mind those stone hearted goat

2 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by gatiano(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Apes were far trillion of years after Man was created. Apes were made/ grafted out from the caucasians.
Tundeiab: Muslims believe that God created Adam, science says our root can be traced to Apes.

I don't get how science supports Islam.

I have a question for all the Muslims in the house. Why is it the 98% of terrorist group all over the world claim that They are inspired by the Quoran? This question has really been bothering my mind.

MUSLIMS IN THE HOUSE OVER TO YOU!
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by anataala: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
can u explain what the word terrorist mean
lilprinze: this does not change the fact that 99% of the terrorist in the world are Muslims and it does not change the fact that violence runs in their blood.

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by buoye1(m): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Satisfied with all the responses so far!with al dis violence here and there,u stil xpect ppu 2 blv islam?......religion of "ecaep" in deed
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by kilo234(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014
till next year that your question no go get answer
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by lilprinze: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2014
anataala: can u explain what the word terrorist mean
please check your dictionary or ask google or BH

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by BabieGhagha(f): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2014
islam is wonderful nd interesting 4 dos who ar patient nd willing a undestand nd follow d parts of prophet muhammed..saw.*am proud a b a muslim*

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by RockMaxi: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
How I pray that Muslims will not only be contented with what they are told but strive to discover the WAY, TRUTH and LIFE themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Orikinla(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Is this news?
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by chaloner(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
I dnt knw y normal human being should b writin from d bak/right to d front/left..... Taught dey say western education is a sin den y re dey tryin to compare dere existence to science? Hmmmm islam is good undecidedI dnt knw y normal human being should b writin from d bak/right to d front/left..... Taught dey say western education is a sin den y re dey tryin to compare dere existence to science? Hmmmm islam is good
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by BabieGhagha(f): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
islam is wonderful nd interesting 4 dos who ar patient nd willing 2 undestand nd follow d parts of prophet muhammed..saw.*am proud a b a muslim*

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Tundeiab(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
gatiano: Apes were far trillion of years after Man was created. Apes were made/ grafted out from the caucasians.
Is that from the Quranic point of view or your own personal opinion?

I thought Muslims believe that all creatures were created by Allah. Educate me please.

You haven't answered the question on terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by lastmessenger: 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
That is a very big lie.tell us another thing.
Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by Orikinla(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2014
DJDOLA: Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoom; laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawm; lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil ard; man zallazee yashfa'u indahooo illaa be iznih; ya'lamu maa baina zideehim wa maa khalfahum; wa laa yuheetoona beshai 'immin 'ilmihee illa be maa shaaaa; wasi'a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda wa la ya'ooduho hifzuhumaa; wa huwal aliyyul 'azeem

Recite it every morin and ask God wat ever u want....and thank me later

Whatever I want?
Including Mukina serving me breakfast in her birthday suit every morning? grin

1 Like

Re: Science Supports Islamic History on Written Qur'an by vedaxcool(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2014
Emmalot121: No book has been able to correctly predict the future as much as the Bible.The Genesis(the beginning of the Bible tallies with scientific discoveries). Islam says God called the name of creatures to man,but Christianity said man named creatures.I think you know which sounds right .In another news ISLAMIC terrorist group ISIS matched Syrian soldiers to their execution,telling them to recite 'Allah Akbar'(Spelling not sure) angry

Have you ever heard of the term, Prophecy after event? A lot of the prophecies were written down long after the events had happened. About bible and science, don't go there you would come out disappointed. My point simply remains that the Qur'an remains preserved, the same words dictated to Muhammed are the same words we still recite till date, in comparison to other books including the bible. On ISIS this is not the thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is A Woman Entitled To Work In Islam? / 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim / Concept Of Marriage In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.