Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport (33821 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by enigmang: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas:

U don't have to insult me & NO, it doesn't come out the same day. How can u possibly achieve that, do u know the no of pple applying everyday? And there r just 2 immigration offices in Lagos oh.....maybe one sef, Alagbon Ikoyi

Lagos is not the only city in Nigeria with immigration offices....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by iluvweed(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
tongue
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by spikesC(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas:

U don't have to insult me & NO, it doesn't come out the same day. How can u possibly achieve that, do u know the no of pple applying everyday? And there r just 2 immigration offices in Lagos oh.....maybe one sef, Alagbon Ikoyi

So now i dont have to insult you, when you change every thing to stereotypes and decieving ignorant ppl.

Nigerian International passport comes out same day.

You shouldn't reach to conclusions you don't know anything about just because you think the number of people who seek for it in a day would be many whereas the fact is that they are not.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by uzoexcel(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
i think the e stands for ecowas and not electronic
i may be wrong though
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
chucky234: Your life is about to change, something big is coming your way.

Amen. Thanks
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by tunnababa(m): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
If they say 20k, that is the price u will meet it, I collect mine for 16k, I have travelled to ghana and some african country but never got stamped
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope Jonathan is not asking me wey collect my passport few months back to come collect another one? Maybe 2019 when I go renew am

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by spikesC(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
MadCow1:

Huh?!

Wetin you dey yarn?!

Na by page?!

The expiry date is still the same o! Wether 100 page or not. The last time wey my Passport full (when I was still hussling ECOWAS COuntries), them start to dey stamp anywhere.. Some sef stamp the cover of the passport. grin

Yes, pages are relevant. Some who travels frequently would need more pages. This development is basically targeted to them.

They get 2 passports for just an extra 5k.

Btw, the length of validity of a pass is inversely proportional to the security. Ask visa officers, they would tell you why

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by deor03(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Shít, my whole family passport expires in 5 months !!!

No for us to dey skype now, no more travelling, abeg

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by tunnababa(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

So now i dont have to insult you, when you change every thing to stereotypes and decieving ignorant ppl.

Nigerian International passport comes out same day.

You shouldn't reach to conclusions you don't know anything about just because you think the number of people who seek for it in a day would be many whereas the fact is that they are not.

I got mine the same day ooo
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by MadCow1: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, pages are relevant. Some who travels frequently would need more pages. This development is basically targeted to them.

They get 2 passports for just an extra 5k.

Btw, the length of validity of a pass is inversely proportional to the security. Ask visa officers, they would tell you why

I am cool with the validity period to be honest. You dont want a dead Niggas passport to still be in circulation for so long after he is gone.

And I understand targeting the frequent fliers with this new 'bible sized' passport booklet. I just hope this does not invalidate the existing ones sha.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee:

Thank you for jumping into conclusions.

What i meant is how much will the government claime they spent on this new development.

Don't read to reply, read to understand. smiley

I didn't jump into conclusion. I replied based on how I understood your post. You should have clearly asked how much will the Government spend on rolling the new passport out.

I don't think much will be spent by the Government for this new passport since no feature is added to the passport. Same colour, same quality, just additional pages.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by spikesC(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
mayorall: Currently at immigration office. I was told it will be #30,000 from August 1st. Am getting this at #16,500 Now. Still sitting

Which immigration office is that?
The passport has always been 15k. I think you used the stereotype mentality of going through someone, instead of doing it your self. So na service charge you dey pay grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by akpanikpe(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee: How much will this cost?

Read a topic very well b4 commenting.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by spikesC(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
MadCow1:

I am cool with the validity period to be honest. You dont want a dead Niggas passport to still be in circulation for so long after he is gone.

And I understand targeting the frequent fliers with this new 'bible sized' passport booklet. I just hope this does not invalidate the existing ones sha.

Thats a point.

Ofcourse not, old passports are still valid, it's just new ones that would have to get the bible sized parle
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by otokx(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
20k looks much.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Dee60: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Expensive!
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by spikesC(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee:

how does my comment concern you any way?

Please stay off my mentions and take your fleas with you, i don't want to catch it, smarty.

I just want you to go back to school, i don't like public display of ignorance, illiteracy and stupidity.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by abhosts(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
I just renewed my epassport last week for 18k. I was told the renewal would have cost 30k if I had come from Aug 1 when issuing of the new passport would commence.

It took 4 working days to get the renewed passport.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by steve888(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't believe the immigration officers will inflate d price of the e-pass to 30,000 against what Mr president prono
abhosts: I just renewed my epassport last week for 18k. I was told the renewal would have cost 30k if I had come from Aug 1 when issuing of the new passport would commence.
It took 4 working days to get the renewed passport.
unced will be 20,000. So all na to make you do am fast.....
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
spikesC:

I just want you to go back to school, i don't like public display of ignorance, illiteracy and stupidity.

It is not your business, you were ignorant enough to jump in my mentions so respect yourself and stay away. I don't care about what you like, go to someone who does, sheesh, na by force?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
akpanikpe:
Read a topic very well b4 commenting.

You don't understand my comment, what i meant is how much will the govt claim they used for this new development.

i read the post well.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by xp17(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee:

Thank you for jumping into conclusions.

What i meant is how much will the government claime they spent on this new development.

Don't read to reply, read to understand. smiley
you just justified your little mistakes with a bigger stupidity. a simple thank you to the fella would have gone a long way, not this kinda attitude.

@topic,
I'd rather they extend the expiration date instead, for those of us who don't really use it often.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by texaco1: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
uzoexcel: i think the e stands for ecowas and not electronic
i may be wrong though
an e passport contains an electronic chip in it which stores all ur data,this is the new advanced type of passport which all countries must comply with and change to. Before most countries was using what we called machine readable passport. By increasing the pages it will save ppl time ,especially frequent travellers who have to get a new booklet each time the old one gets full. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
xp17: you just justified your little mistakes with a bigger stupidity. a simple thank you to the fella would have gone a long way, not this kinda attitude.

Attitude, he implied i didn't read before commenting, you are obviously not reading the trend of this issue, i was not referring to the 20k but the over all cost our govt will claim they used for the whole initiative (knowing how corrupt they are) . What do i have to thank him for? misunderstanding my comment?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by uzoexcel(m): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
thanks for the clarification.... wink
texaco1: an e passport contains an electronic chip in it which stores all ur data,this is the new advanced type of passport which all countries must comply with and change to. Before most countries was using what we called machine readable passport. By increasing the pages it will save ppl time ,especially frequent travellers who have to get a new booklet each time the old one gets full. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by VantagePoint: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas:

Depending on the state, it does.
I got mine within 5 hours of applying for it in Akure.
I didn't have to grease any palm, but it sure does pay to know one or two ogas at the top.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by xp17(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee:

Attitude, he implied i didn't read before commenting, you are obviously not reading the trend of this issue, i was not referring to the 20k but the over all cost our govt will claim they used for the whole initiative (knowing how corrupt they are) . What do i have to thank him for? misunderstanding my comment?
if you can't explain yourself to others in the simplest form, it means you don't know what you are saying. wether you perused through or not ,either ways you still sound confused.

don't take it personal. I'm not getting on you, but lines. cool
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
this guy (uncle jona) cant stop acting season films with no content. is this the continuation of the chibok story, or its anoda film entirely........nigeria sef... chai
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by henchamb(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
this one na text book. while draging my hand case i will be also struggling with my passport. nice one bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun tops list of South African returnees / Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN / Six People Killed As Car Collides With Truck On Lagos - Ibadan Road (Graphic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.