Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport (33812 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by mahleeq(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy: Good for the frequent travelers. My passport has never been stamped since I got it.

I.d. Card passportgrin

u beta put rope hang ham for neckgrin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by IYANGBALI: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy: Good for the frequent travelers. My passport has never been stamped since I got it.
use am travel go cotonue now,all na overseas

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by akinladejo: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
When did we change to the present one we are using? Another way to make money for 2015 election

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by AshleyBorha(f): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas: =N=20,000 if u wanna collect it in 1month, =N=40k if u want it in 3days
its not like that again I collected mine within three days for 20000 still

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Jibwillz: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
AshleyBorha: its not like that again I collected mine within three days for 20000 still
hahaha! That means I was lucky 2av gotten mine for 15k last week(3daez)... Tho it was thru manKnowman sha ooo

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Jibwillz: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by mavinc4u(f): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jibwillz: hahaha! That means I was lucky 2av gotten mine for 15k last week(3daez)... Tho it was thru manKnowman sha ooo

it means you got the old one that would be invalid on 1st August 2014

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Jibwillz: 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
mavinc4u:

it won't be invalid ma'am,, d new one only has additional pages,, no changes made... Bsyds who needs d 64pages handout when I only plan on visitn 5countries b4 it expires in 2020

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by lexyman(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Most comment were focused on the headline , people just neglect the fact that the new 64 page E passport is for frequent flyer , the government is indirectly telling you that if you are not a frequent flyer you should apply for the regular 32page ....
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by mrking3(m): 11:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
OP didn't download the full information! Only the 64 page passport for frequent travellers cost 20k the rest are bellow that!! Here's the breakdown!

The 64 page e-passport will cost N20,000. The e-
Passport for those below 18 years will cost N8,750,
while those from 18-60 years will pay N15,000 for
the e-passport. Those aged 60 years and above will
pay N8,750 for the passport. Change of data or of
loss of passport will attract N20,000.
Change of name as a result of marriage, divorce and
deceased spouse will cost N8,750, while change of
data on request will attract a processing fee of
N30,000.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 31, 2014
mrking3: OP didn't download the full information! Only the 64 page passport for frequent travellers cost 20k the rest are bellow that!! Here's the breakdown!

N30,000.
Will persons below 18 years be eligible for the 64 page passport? Or will there be separate. 32 and 64 page passports?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by gbodimowo(m): 1:39am On Jul 31, 2014
mrking3: OP didn't download the full information! Only the 64 page passport for frequent travellers cost 20k the rest are bellow that!! Here's the breakdown!

N30,000.

Some fees are outrageous
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by dgregs336(m): 1:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Lolz...9ja...20K for Epassport for one month...and I tot E is for electronic? Na Ipad dem go share give us after the 20K?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 31, 2014
dgregs336: Lolz...9ja...20K for Epassport for one month...and I tot E is for electronic? Na Ipad dem go share give us after the 20K?
It's an actual E-passport. The little square that is at the bottom of the passport cover stores your info electronically, which makes it impossible for an impostor to use.
The N20,000 may be on the high side, but the 64 page document is for frequent travelers ie business people

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by dgregs336(m): 2:12am On Jul 31, 2014
CFCfan:
It's an actual E-passport. The little square that is at the bottom of the passport cover stores your info electronically, which makes it impossible for an impostor to use.
The N20,000 may be on the high side, but the 64 page document is for frequent travelers ie business people
Chai good pikin...wonderful explaination
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by eazyraw(m): 3:57am On Jul 31, 2014
grin lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color] E pass.. to Ebola rit?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Jibwillz: 5:26am On Jul 31, 2014
^^
Babu lakaye

When will u av sense?_?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Diamondpicture(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2014
You guys don't really appreciate anything from Mr president for me I think these is a good one because all my passport pages are filled up..... good one Mr president. maybe you guys believes that Mr president makes all decisions alone, what if his work on the e passport was just to approve it and u re all putting the blames on him. Every frequent traveller will appreciate these move.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by donodion(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Henix: Did u read the post at all? I will advice u stop digracing urself in public forum
FYI...I read it twice and theres absolutely no justification to increasing passport pages in comparison to increasing the validity period.

Btw,with the current state of the nations affairs..is this is a logical move at this point in time?

I take it you trying to be civil,keep it that way...but if theres anyone been disgraced and is consistently on the platter of "disss-grace"....its your clueless president with misplaced priority.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by donodion(m): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2014
Perfectbright: Shut ur mouth u ar d clueless one

Boyo...look dat profile wehhhhhhhll....if you wan misbhave find ya level.u dey hear me so?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by 2n2k(m): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2014
CFCfan:
Will persons below 18 years be eligible for the 64 page passport? Or will there be separate. 32 and 64 page passports?

Those below 18 years and those above 60 years will be issued 32 pages passport at N8,750

Non-frequent travelers aged between 18 and 60 years will be issued 32 pages passport at N15,000

Frequent travelers between 18 and 60 years will get 64 pages at N20,000

In exceptional cases, those above 60 and confirmed to be frequent travelers can be issued 64 pages but at N20,000

In essence, for non-frequent travelers aged between 18 and 60, nothing has changed from the the current passport in issue except the jerking up of the price.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by 2shortz(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2014
it a gud development for the nigeria immigration service
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by james2man: 10:18am On Jul 31, 2014
manny4life:

I was about to ask same question, I thought "E" is for electronic, as in you still feel the passport pages...

E-passport simply means Ecowas-Passport. The design of the E-passport cover page is the same with all West African countries passport...Benin,Ghana,Togo etc.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Elebiju: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2014
Descartes: Good. cool Hope it will help checkmate Ebola tongue
imagine this kinda question o e passport=== Ebola passport is your getaway from the virus.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by mrking3(m): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
CFCfan:
I don't think there's AGE barrier with respect to 64 page passport so long as the applicant is a Frequent Traveler!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Bashoruntolu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1: I hope say na Passport Photograph ehn launch o!!

I don tire to dey change passport o. And why would did he say it was 20,000?! angry What of the other hidden chrages wey them no dey tell people?! angry

To be frank, which other "hidden charges" are yhu blabbing about? Besides the 1k passport photo. Government officials aint fools anymore
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by MadCow1: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bashoruntolu:

To be frank, which other "hidden charges" are yhu blabbing about? Besides the 1k passport photo. Government officials aint fools anymore

If you have ever tried to obtain a passport from the immigration's officials, then u would know that nobody ever pays the actual rates except government officials.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by dadoctore(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
mavinc4u:

The new one was made considering d frequent travellers. It doesn't in anyway invalidate d old 32page e-passport. Please take note n spread d word so ppl dnt create a rucus whr dere's none!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by kajoula(m): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
tosdlaw: As part of the process of launching the new scheme, the service would today issue the 64-page passport to President Goodluck Jonathan [size=15pt]and subsequently to other Nigerians who fit the profile of frequent travellers[/size]

[size=20pt]WHY......NAIJA & THESE VISION=LESS PEOPLE[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Us-based Nigerian Weeps As Boy Vanishes With Her N1.4m, International Passport / Six People Killed As Car Collides With Truck On Lagos - Ibadan Road (Graphic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.