Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport (33817 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
xp17: if you can't explain yourself to others in the simplest form, it means you don't know what you are saying. wether you perused through or not ,either ways you still sound confused.

don't take it personal. I'm not getting on you, but lines. cool

I really can't be bothered. wink
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by walata44(m): 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
There's no point of making it mandatory for everyone to acquire the 64 pages passport, there should be option of 32 and 64pages which can be different in price. There are people that are frequent travellers and others are not, also the new passport should have 10yrs validity period as it obtain in other sane country.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Deepfreezer(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy: Good for the frequent travelers. My passport has never been stamped since I got it.
it shall be stamped very soon in jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
xp17: if you can't explain yourself to others in the simplest form, it means you don't know what you are saying. wether you perused through or not ,either ways you still sound confused.

don't take it personal. I'm not getting on you, but lines. cool
Nawa o.Una wan kill her...she startd explainin hersev right 4rm page 1,Yet u guys dnt sim 2 undastnd her point...wah she z tryn 2 say is clear,wat else do u guys want.*nairalanders sha*..."Peace".
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by NaLaugh: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
ajibolabd: hope the commitee approved it.

We'll need to set up a new committee to determine that.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy: Good for the frequent travelers. My passport has never been stamped since I got it.
ME WEY NEVER GET B4 NKO?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by dotcomnamename: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
[size=40pt]They should also try to increase the validity from 5years to 10years as it is in other countries[/size]

sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Henix(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
donodion:
I tire o....this man is worse than clueless.His situation is so bad he doesn not know what is of state priority at all.

When.was the Ecowas passport launched;chei....God....wetin we do you wey you come allow OBJ use this man to dey slap us for head so??

Abi na by mistake God take allow the creation of Nigeria??
Did u read the post at all? I will advice u stop digracing urself in public forum

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by lastpage: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
The current Ecowas Passport has 32pages and is valid for 5years.

Now, after increasing the pages to 64, l will think someone with small sense will also increase the validity to 10 or 15years?

In other countries, you have the option to get a 3 or 5 or 10 or 15years passport, depending on whether you use it frequently or not!

My first passport was for five years and l only used it ONCE!
Now, l have those that have empty pages but are no longer valid!

This is just a waste and a problem of misplaced priority.

Increase "pages", increase "validity period"........ tha twill make sense Oga Jona. wink wink

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by UpLoyo: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Since when did it become the job of a President to launch an ordinary passport? That's the job of State services; launch this, launch that, must everything be launched? Wat happens to sending out a communicae that a new passport is now available for citizens? There are more important things he could do with his time. These guy doesn't have good advisers or he's not listening to advice.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by timmyagwu(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
please were can i get biafran passport'

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Pectoris(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
manny4life:

I was about to ask same question, I thought "E" is for electronic, as in you still feel the passport pages...
Lol! I think the "E" stands for ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by jking001(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas: =N=20,000 if u wanna collect it in 1month, =N=40k if u want it in 3days

Bad boy !
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by JurassicPark: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
..Now I see, this government and its leadership is truly daft! sad

If you needed money for 2015 re-election, you would have asked for a national contribution and stop changing items meant to last for a relatively long period just to extort monies from hustling Nigerians.

Will Nigeria die if the E-Passport cost #10,000 or less?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Perfectbright: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Shut ur mouth u ar d clueless one
donodion:
I tire o....this man is worse than clueless.His situation is so bad he doesn not know what is of state priority at all.

When.was the Ecowas passport launched;chei....God....wetin we do you wey you come allow OBJ use this man to dey slap us for head so??

Abi na by mistake God take allow the creation of Nigeria??
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Rastamann: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
This another evidence that we are not a serious nation. Why should he launch a passport because of the increase in the number pf pages? Why can't this pages be added to one's passport when needed and ensure that one uses the same passport number all the time. For instance, I have used four passports and they all bear different passport numbers unlike some of my friends from some developed countries that have been using the same passport number but pages are always been added to their passports whenever the need arises. Nigeria, I hail thee!
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
Deepfreezer: it shall be stamped very soon in jesus name. Amen.

Amen. Thanks
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Perfectbright: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
I can see your ignorant. Nigeria international passport is one of d official documents dat represents nigeria abroad.he is free to launjch
UpLoyo: Since when did it become the job of a President to launch an ordinary passport? That's the job of State services; launch this, launch that, must everything be launched? Wat happens to sending out a communicae that a new passport is now available for citizens? There are more important things he could do with his time. These guy doesn't have good advisers or he's not listening to advice.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
whatlyf: ME WEY NEVER GET B4 NKO?

God will provide means for you to get it. Amen
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by cao(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
I got my new e-passport in January, that better still be valid. They need to increase it to 10 years already. I do remember the previous passports had more pages than the current one (they used to be 42 pages I think?). I know the British passport is valid for 10 years and it doesn't have 60 something odd pages.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by WinkWrld: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
Since everyone critisized his loan to fight Bokoharam, he has to raise DAT money somehow. Don't be surprised if u hear of new national id
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy:

God will provide means for you to get it. Amen
Amen brother grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Niseamaka(m): 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashewopeckas:

U don't have to insult me & NO, it doesn't come out the same day. How can u possibly achieve that, do u know the no of pple applying everyday? And there r just 2 immigration offices in Lagos oh.....maybe one sef, Alagbon Ikoyi

I can get it within an hour.
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Lawalemi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Are we to change current ones the way we changed vehicles number plate?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
walata44: There's no point of making it mandatory for everyone to acquire the 64 pages passport, there should be option of 32 and 64pages which can be different in price. There are people that are frequent travellers and others are not, also the new passport should have 10yrs validity period as it obtain in other sane country.
I agree. In the US, they have the 32 page and 64 page option with different prices for them. The 64 page US passport cost around $160, due to the fact I applied thru the local post office.

I guess the 5 year validity of the Nigerian passport is to ensure that the Immigration service never runs out of cash grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Vicjustice: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
[size=16pt]What Nigeria needs is not a passport with 1000 pages, but a good governance that would resolve the hardship in the country and make Nigerians comfortable at home: by this achievement, Nigerian passport (just like Japanese passport) would be welcome into visa waiver programme of many sane countries[/size]

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by bamite(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
and mine is still a virgin passport tho its 3yrs oldsad
na only cotonou i waka gosad
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by dotcomnamename: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
Vicjustice: What Nigerian need is not a passport with 1000 pages, but a good governance that would resolve the hardship in the country and make Nigerians comfortable at home, by this achievement, Nigerian passport (just like Japanese passport) would be welcome into visa waiver programme of many sane countries

I agree with you vicjustice 100%

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Orikinla(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
Is it different from the one I got last month?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by obamaobama: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Niseamaka:

I can get it within an hour.
pls i need the process on how to get the passport or contact me through email
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by uzoexcel(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
i have just watched the 'channels' documentary and GEj's unveiling of the new e passport. The downside is i didnt really get the main difference between both save for the fact that the new one has a higher number of pages. Has the expiry date been pushed upwards?
I also believe the government should reduce the cost. The upside is from the unveiling it is required that everyone should at least try and have it. This will/benefit nigerians especially in terms of security and also keeping data for policy reasons.For example the bombing that happened in nyanya, if it was to happen in a more developed country the perpetrators wouldnt have escaped scot free. A CCTV camera would have obviously captured there images and then the snapshots will be fed into the national database system where the identities of the perpetrators and their places of residence be gotten.Within a day or 2 the culprits would have at least be named and a massive manhunt will be spread to capture them. (Those who watch the '24' series will know what i m talking about)
Here in Nigeria, as we dont have a database and half the populace dont have a national id, one can alight in abuja, commit crimes like bombing and all and the following day get a bus and move to the east or west without anyone or the police knowing where to hunt. All in all this is a good idea;we just hope it wont be abused in the usual 'naija' way.
olanrewajulolly: President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday launched Nigeria’s new 64-page e-passport with a call on Nigerians to protect the image of the country by shunning uncomplimentary statements and actions.
Jonathan launched the traveling document shortly before the commencement of the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He and Vice President Namadi Sambo later took turns to be captured in order to be issued with the new traveling document.
The President said the pages of the traveling document had to be increased from 32 to 64 to cater for frequent travelers who change their passport almost every other month because of limited pages for visa.
He tasked officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service to protect the integrity of the passport by ensuring that it cannot be easily faked.
He also asked officials who man the nation’s airports to ensure that they conduct themselves in a manner that will portray the country well before visitors.
The new passport which takes effect from August 1 attracts a fee of N20,000.

Source:: { http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-launches-new-e-passport/ }

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Revolva(m): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Which kind country we dey sef notin ever works now na e passport new one ...wetin hapopen to my own wey I never disvirgin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Incredible Facts They Never Told You About IBADAN / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.