Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... (3894 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by 5minsmadness: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
AtheistD:

A grown woman should be involved in the decision making process within the home. And should have equal say. Agreement should be by mutual consent and not dominance.

And what happens when both sides are not able to agree? Who should be the tie-breaker?
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by AtheistD(m): 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
5minsmadness: [/b]
And what happens when both sides are not able to agree? Who should be the tie-breaker?

Then why get married? Intelligence and compatibility should lead to a resolution in all situations. Compromise too. One party should compromise for the other.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by 5minsmadness: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
AtheistD:

Then why get married? Intelligence and compatibility should lead to a resolution in all situations. Compromise too. One party should compromise for the other.
Are you saying a married couple cannot disagree totallyon a point? TThey are two different people from individual backgrounds. No matter the amount of love they have, disagreement is bound to come in sooner or later. Who takes the responsibility of the deciding vote?
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by tracyfemmmm: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2014
Daresh:

Ok what you are talking about here is an ideal situation and in life there are hardly any ideal situations. Obey and trust the right decisions of her husband. What if the husband is making a wrong decision? And remember in marriage wrong decisions affect the whole family not just one person. Let me cite an example, a friend have to move out of her house because of flooding and her husband decided they will stay with his family. My friend said over her dead body knowing fully well that her husband's people are lay abouts and 6 of his brothers live with their parents in squalid conditions. Instead she borrowed money and paid for another place. Is that a bad wife? Or a mother that was protecting her children from potential abuse as all the "uncles" are jobless and we all know about the idle mind and the devil.

You said a woman's rights are to be loved and not cheated on or abused. Do you know that most women in Nigeria are cheated on or abused by their husbands? I worked in the medical field and I saw countless women given HIV and other STD's by men who are supposed to love them? As a student in UNILAG I encountered numerous married man looking for affairs and I can bet you they won't use condoms.

As for the liberties, do you know that many many men do not want their wives to work? Is that one of the liberties I should not have? A lot of the time this thing of refusing a woman to work is so the man can have absolute power over his wife. Believe me it's not a thing of love as he who controls the purse is the Lord and master. Why would a man take away my earning power? If the man should die, what happens to the family? The wife starts selling roasted corn?

As a woman do I have the liberty to have a night out with my friends? Men go on boys nights out every time do I have that liberty too? As a woman do I have the liberty over my body? Are there nights I can say, I'm not really in the mood to have sex, or do I get raped if I'm not down. Example, a colleague was in the hospital battling cancer, her husband comes in and asks if she's feeling better and she said "a bit". The man proceeds to have forceful sex with a cancer patient on her death bed because she feels "a bit" better. Is that right? Oh she died less than a month later, that's how bad he condition was.

Do I as a woman have the liberty to dress as I please? Do do I always have to wear long mary amaka clothes so my husband is satisfied that no other man can see me?

Dear eighTHREAD, it is only in an ideal situation that a woman can be submissive. But in reality there are very few situations were it works well. As humans, power always seem to get into our heads.

Believe me fight for equality is not against good loving men. It's against tyrants that think women were put on earth to serve them. The one that will tell me to sweep the office because the cleaner is not around and I'm a woman. Or the colleague that will expect me to take minutes just because I'm a woman. Or to serve him first not because he is my husband but because he is a man. Or the one who gave his wife 20 stitches because she took fish from the pot.

There is no ideal situation in life and all men and women were created EQUAL. If you don't like that then by all means marry a submissive woman, but don't try and force all women to be submissive.
Infact im in love with you your post i mean
u really hit the nail on the head
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by obowunmi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
5minsmadness:
Always?
Always?
Hmn. OK o.

The men must be terrible beasts to always be beating the women and then bringing them to hospital. embarassed why would any man just start beating up his gentle, quiet, respectable wife for no reason? The men must be possessed embarassed

Does an abuser need an explanation for his madness?
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by 5minsmadness: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
obowunmi:

Does an abuser need an explanation for his madness?
Hence my saying they must be posessed. All men that raise their hands to their wives must be mad.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Daresh:

Ok what you are talking about here is an ideal situation and in life there are hardly any ideal situations. Obey and trust the right decisions of her husband. What if the husband is making a wrong decision? And remember in marriage wrong decisions affect the whole family not just one person. Let me cite an example, a friend have to move out of her house because of flooding and her husband decided they will stay with his family. My friend said over her dead body knowing fully well that her husband's people are lay abouts and 6 of his brothers live with their parents in squalid conditions. Instead she borrowed money and paid for another place. Is that a bad wife? Or a mother that was protecting her children from potential abuse as all the "uncles" are jobless and we all know about the idle mind and the devil.

You said a woman's rights are to be loved and not cheated on or abused. Do you know that most women in Nigeria are cheated on or abused by their husbands? I worked in the medical field and I saw countless women given HIV and other STD's by men who are supposed to love them? As a student in UNILAG I encountered numerous married man looking for affairs and I can bet you they won't use condoms.

As for the liberties, do you know that many many men do not want their wives to work? Is that one of the liberties I should not have? A lot of the time this thing of refusing a woman to work is so the man can have absolute power over his wife. Believe me it's not a thing of love as he who controls the purse is the Lord and master. Why would a man take away my earning power? If the man should die, what happens to the family? The wife starts selling roasted corn?

As a woman do I have the liberty to have a night out with my friends? Men go on boys nights out every time do I have that liberty too? As a woman do I have the liberty over my body? Are there nights I can say, I'm not really in the mood to have sex, or do I get raped if I'm not down. Example, a colleague was in the hospital battling cancer, her husband comes in and asks if she's feeling better and she said "a bit". The man proceeds to have forceful sex with a cancer patient on her death bed because she feels "a bit" better. Is that right? Oh she died less than a month later, that's how bad he condition was.

Do I as a woman have the liberty to dress as I please? Do do I always have to wear long mary amaka clothes so my husband is satisfied that no other man can see me?

Dear eighTHREAD, it is only in an ideal situation that a woman can be submissive. But in reality there are very few situations were it works well. As humans, power always seem to get into our heads.

Believe me fight for equality is not against good loving men. It's against tyrants that think women were put on earth to serve them. The one that will tell me to sweep the office because the cleaner is not around and I'm a woman. Or the colleague that will expect me to take minutes just because I'm a woman. Or to serve him first not because he is my husband but because he is a man. Or the one who gave his wife 20 stitches because she took fish from the pot.

There is no ideal situation in life and all men and women were created EQUAL. If you don't like that then by all means marry a submissive woman, but don't try and force all women to be submissive.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
eighTHREAD: You go to work where you submit to your boss cos you know the consequence of not but at home you don't to your husband cos you believe you can do what he does or for some other reasons best known to you. How would you feel when your kids with reasons best known to them decide to stop being submissive to you? Don't you think it will turn the world into a place crazier than it is already, where kids too young to make judgement are left to themselves? Are you going to get angry at their request or accept it with a smile?

Comparing grown up women to children speaks volumes.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Comparing grown up women to children speaks volumes.
you don't get it do you? That's the next relationship to be tarnished by these satanists after husband and wife relationship.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: you don't get it do you? That's the next relationship to be tarnished by these satanists after husband and wife relationship.
And what makes you any different from them? You are too verbally violent IMO.....
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: And what makes you any different from them? You are too verbally violent IMO.....
that's the only language unreasonable people understand. IMO grin

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2014
*unfollowing*
can't believe I stayed so long on this thread.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 9:01am On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: that's the only language unreasonable people understand. IMO grin

Dude.. you need to calm down when making points..

The other thread on prostitution.. insulting others .. not cool
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by MadCow1: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2014
fellis: Odiegwu. Women are now children compared to men? .

I think feminism is a failed cause.. #DontAskMeWhy. grin

However, This line of your post has to go into the 'Brilliant FTC' hall of fame. grin

You just rendered the thread useless with just this line. grin

2 Likes

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: that's the only language unreasonable people understand. IMO grin
SO that makes the 2 of you then. YOU and THEM.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2014
fellis: *unfollowing*
can't believe I stayed so long on this thread.
don't worry, you'll be back! grin
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: SO that makes the 2 of you then. YOU and THEM.
what do you mean by THEM? Where do you belong?
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: what do you mean by THEM? Where do you belong?
undecided kiss have a good day and week ahead of you old papa......
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by bukatyne(f): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2014
5minsmadness:

Are you saying a married couple cannot disagree totallyon a point? TThey are two different people from individual backgrounds. No matter the amount of love they have, disagreement is bound to come in sooner or later. Who takes the responsibility of the deciding vote?

What deciding vote?

If Wife says A, why?
If husband says B, why?

If they both roll it over, there will be more merits in someone's points and they both go with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Parents Shy Away From Adoption So Much? / What's Your Opinion About This? / Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.