Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] (16473 Views)

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by iamord(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Wow this northern dudes are really lounging.. But I wonder why they don't develop that part of the country.. It has huge potential as a tourism and biz hub.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: am sorry to quote you. With all the grammar you are blowing out of your mouth,I hope you have one of those machines in this thread to compliment it or are you just one of those who are broke a$$ niggas like Billy.onnaire? undecided

Berem I have told you before that I am but a humble palm-wine tapper by trade, and therefore wheel a "fairly used" Aba-made bicycle as my primary mode of transport when making deliveries to my clientele. Please accept my apologies for not measuring up to your expectations. I will try and do better in the next life, with your permission of course.

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2014
careytommy:

you arr quite silly you know. nobody has a.problem with dangote's kids having these type of toys because we know their father worked for it. was it not in a similar exotic car such as these that el-rufai's son died in?
is el-rufai not a thief?
How is he a thief, so because one holds a public office he automatically becomes a thief? Check your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin:
So what is your point? Someone should not have a luxurious life?
my opinion is not excessive luxury in midst of the poor. My opinion. I would celebrate this pictures in dubai not Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by eaglechild: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin:
How is he a thief, so because one holds a public office he automatically becomes a thief? Check your reasoning.

What is a civil servant paid that will empower him to buy a $400,000 car?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2014
eaglechild: I love cars...

I mean I am a crazy fan of super cars, but I will not drool over this thread knowing that millions of northerners are in perjury penury and crisis while their elites and kids live in another world.

To me it is sickening.

Fixed.

What is sickening is the liberty with which hypocrisy is hawked on this forum. Listening to you one would think other regions are utopian worlds where poverty is almost non-existent. There are millions in the south suffering this very moment from lack of basic nourishment and healthcare and you are here trying desperately to climb your high horse.

The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics puts the percentage of the southern population living in absolute poverty at 61% and a population of 64.9 million puts the number of southerners living in absolute poverty at 39,650,000 as at 2012. That is about 40 million in the south going to bed hungry this night yet you can sit and guzzle beer with friends, and you sermonise here about admiration of wealth in the presence of poverty. Sheer Hypocrisy. What makes it worse is your ignorance of the fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17015873

There are millions of Nigerians on both sides of the divide and we should strive to install purposeful leadership that can alleviate the woes of our less-privileged and provide opportunities for wealth creation to the citizenry.

As I said earlier, guard your glass house well.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Berem I have told you before that I am but a humble palm-wine tapper by trade, and therefore wheel a "fairly used" Aba-made bicycle as my primary mode of transport when making deliveries to my clientele. Please accept my apologies for not measuring up to your expectations. I will try and do better in the next life, with your permission of course.
Lolz! You're a funny man.

grin grin grin
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
my opinion is not excessive luxury in midst of the poor. My opinion. I would celebrate this pictures in dubai not Nigeria.

You have hit the nail on the head, Obiagelli. Flaunting extreme wealth in a poverty stricken Third World country is an open challenge and invitation to kidnappers and robbers who would gladly detach and market their wealthy victim's head to the fetish industry without a second thought, if they can't make money out of abducting them for ransom.

8 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
prophetone:

I agree as well, and this exacerbated by the lack of adequate infrastructure which drives up start-up and running costs. The absence of angel investors and platforms such as kickstarter also means the foreign investor has an unfair advantage.
the raw truth. Imagine what easy access to low interest loans will do for our economy. I MEAN EASY ACCESS.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
There's no place on earth you don't find poor, the poor of Dubai suffers more than that of Nigeria in a thousand folds, go figure.
This is their personal life and the aught to live it how they wish. You don't live your life by other people's standards or perception but of your own standards.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by waternogetenemy: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Somebody needs to move this rubbish out of the politics section. Who are the poor that can't feed three times a day showing off to?

Pray somebody like me don't smell government, becos every penny stolen will be returned and properties sold, so i can use the money to build school, hospital and housing for the poor northerners. Only the northern loot can achieve this and money made through anti competitive practice with the likes of Dangote.

Pray somebody like me never smell power becos i have a dieing heart and willl do anything to feed dat.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

You have hit the nail on the head, Obiagelli. Flaunting extreme wealth in a poverty stricken Third World country is an open challenge and invitation to kidnappers and robbers who would gladly detach and market their wealthy victim's head to the fetish industry without a second thought, if they can't make money out of abducting them for ransom.
coupled with the fact that something keeps telling the poor that its all stolen wealth. Makes such attack fair game.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 9:06am On Aug 01, 2014
eaglechild:

What is a civil servant paid that will empower him to buy a $400,000 car?

so because he is a civil servant he will not have anything else on the side?
Do you know how many businesses this guys run? The firm's they own?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin:
There's no place on earth you don't find poor, the poor of Dubai suffers more than that of Nigeria in a thousand folds, go figure.
This is their personal life and the aught to live it how they wish. You don't live your life by other people's standards or perception but of your own standards.
what kind of lie is this please?

4 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin:
percentage ratio brother, percentage.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
coupled with the fact that something keeps telling the poor that its all stolen wealth. Makes such attack fair game.

When a filthy rich treasury looter or their spawn is kidnapped and maybe even sacrificed after the ransom has been paid, I regard it as local justice, and local business practice to facilitate asset re-allocation, in the finest African tradition.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

When a filthy rich treasury looter or their spawn is kidnapped and maybe even sacrificed after the ransom has been paid, I regard it as local justice, and local business practice, in the finest African tradition.
gbam.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Gbawe: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

You are a man of true class, Gbawe, as indicated in your preference for an understated '64 Merc, and by your willingness to give the benefit of the doubt regarding the actual source of wealth enjoyed by Nigeria's uber-rich class.

Changing the subject just briefly, my favorite vintage of Mercedes would be the S Class W126 models, that ran from 1980 to 1994, while my favorite make and model of Porche would be the venerable 928 that ran from 1980 to 1994 - the only Porche that was ever fitted with a V8 motor. In short, the time period of 1980 to 1994 was the Golden Age of German automotive engineering, in this dreamer's humble opinion.

I am impressed. Your're an interesting chap when not being satirical and sardonic. The irony is that a lot of today's so called supercars cannot hold a candle to their peers of yesteryears for build quality, finish and even aesthetic appeal ala classically enduring design. 1980 t0 1994 did indeed produced many prestige vehicle, available today for sensible money, that are actually a joy to own, drive and appreciate. If you are ever after a 'usable' and practical classic car then I can recommend the Mercedes SL (R107) produced between 1971 to 1989. Superb cars to own and run. Delightful.

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

I am impressed. Your're an interesting chap when not being satirical and sardonic. The irony is that a lot of today's so called supercars cannot hold a candle to that peers of yesteryears for build quality, finish and even classically enduring design. !980 t0 1994 did indeed produce many prestige vehicle, available today for sensible money, that are actually a joy to own, drive and appreciate. If you are ever after a 'usable' classic car then I can recommend the Mercedes SL (R107) produced between 1971 t0 1989. Superb cars to own and run. Delightful.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the Merc roadsters from that era, namely the R107 and the sexy R129. Those machines are just beautiful to look at, and they are smooth as silk running at Autobahn speeds that would be unsafe in lesser vehicles.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 9:18am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: what kind of lie is this please?
What do you take Dubai for? Heaven?

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by eaglechild: 9:19am On Aug 01, 2014
http://en.starafrica.com/news/world-bank-report-says-poverty-remains-high-in-nigeria.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/117699-fighting-attitudinal-poverty-in-northern-nigeria-iii-by-muhammad-jameel-yushau.html

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/22830-northern-nigeria-billionaires-live-in-luxury-as-poverty-spurs-boko-haram

Thanks for correcting the typo.

However, if you read through the links above you will understand my grouse.

I can see that you left out the poverty rate of the north but I can tell you that it stands at over 70% in most states and even close to 80% in some.

That is not a place to show off Ferraris and bugattis.
prophetone:
Fixed.
What is sickening is the liberty with which hypocrisy is hawked on this forum. Listening to you one would think other regions are utopian worlds where poverty is almost non-existent. There are millions in the south suffering this very moment from lack of basic nourishment and healthcare and you are here trying desperately to climb your high horse.
The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics puts the percentage of the southern population living in absolute poverty at 61% and a population of 64.9 million puts the number of southerners living in absolute poverty at 39,650,000 as at 2012. That is about 40 million in the south going to bed hungry this night yet you can sit and guzzle beer with friends, and you sermonise here about admiration of wealth in the presence of poverty. Sheer Hypocrisy. What makes it worse is your ignorance of the fact.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17015873
There are millions of Nigerians on both sides of the divide and we should strive to install purposeful leadership that can alleviate the woes of our less-privileged and provide opportunities for wealth creation to the citizenry.
As I said earlier, guard your glass house well.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin:
What do you take Dubai for? Heaven?
to say poor people in Nigeria is better than poor people in Dubai is outrightly ridiculous. Hiaaan!
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Gbawe: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the Merc roadsters from that era, namely the R107 and the sexy R129. Those machines are just beautiful to look at, and they are smooth as silk running at Autobahn speeds that would be unsafe in lesser vehicles.

Bro, what I still marvel at is how the chrome fittings in these cars are actually real chrome and the door close with a solid thunk!!! Whereas a £45,000 merc today features plastic painted chrome and a relatively flimsy and uninspiring feel. Yes an argument can be made for making cars lighter and thus more 'aerodynamics' but the trade-off is quality of build which results in today's cars costing relatively more than in the past yet unable to last anywhere as long as previous offerings.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: to say poor people in Nigeria is better than poor people in Dubai is outrightly ridiculous. Hiaaan!

Reminds me of that old Chinese saying : " The poorer a man becomes, the more evil spirits he encounters."

Poverty kills the soul, body and mind just as surely whether the victim resides in Lagos Nigeria, Paris France, or Honolulu Hawaii.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: to say poor people in Nigeria is better than poor people in Dubai is outrightly ridiculous. Hiaaan!
Apart from kiri kiri where do you find people like this in northern Nigeria?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
waternogetenemy: Somebody needs to move this rubbish out of the politics section. Who are the poor that can't feed three times a day showing off to?

Pray somebody like me don't smell government, becos every penny stolen will be returned and properties sold, so i can use the money to build school, hospital and housing for the poor northerners. Only the northern loot can achieve this and money made through anti competitive practice with the likes of Dangote.

Pray somebody like me never smell power becos i have a dieing heart and willl do anything to feed dat.

Calm down sir, would you have rather seen a report of how another promising girl strapped a nuclear warhead to her back and ran straight to the playground of a catholic nursery school?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by waternogetenemy: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2014
prophetone:
Calm down sir, would you have rather seen a report of how another promising girl strapped a nuclear warhead to her back and ran straight to the playground of a catholic nursery school?

If u play with fire, fire will burn u. All those bombers are product of over 40 years of Northern rule. Ur people will Love me, becos i will do wat is right for them and wat is right for the looters.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 9:33am On Aug 01, 2014
waternogetenemy:

If u play with fire, fire will burn u. All those bombers are product of over 40 years of Northern rule. Ur people will Love me, becos i will do wat is right for them and wat is right for the looters.

Really? What are kidnappers a product of?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Reminds me of that old Chinese saying : " The poorer a man becomes, the more evil spirits he encounters."

Poverty kills the soul, body and mind just as surely whether the victim resides in Lagos Nigeria, Paris France, or Honolulu Hawaii.
you're right! Poverty is really a disease.

God punish poverty!
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by waternogetenemy: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2014
prophetone:
Really? What are kidnappers a product of?

Northern rule. The decadent of bad leadership is infectious as Squalor, Ignorance, Want, Idleness, Disease fester.

Specifically, the placement of importation ban by OBJ created a breeding ground for kidnapping as traders sought other means to survive. It is all bad leadership.

Take note that kidnapping started in the east during OBJ tenure. The yoruba economic warfare, since 1960s, with Awo as the Source. one naijeria!

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, what I still marvel at is how the chrome fittings in these cars are actually real chrome and the door close with a solid thunk!!! Whereas a £45,000 merc today features plastic painted chrome and a relatively flimsy and uninspiring feel. Yes an argument can be made for making cars lighter and thus more 'aerodynamics' but the trade-off is quality of build which results in today's cars costing relatively more than in the past yet unable to last anywhere as long as previous offerings.

I opine this is a result of market dynamics because the unique selling point of most new performance cars is the amount of torque and bare horses the engine can deliver and not necessarily build quality. Manufacturers that target the market segment of aficionados that share your taste for quality of build material tend to build luxury cars to fill that spec such as the Bentley Mulsanne and the RR Phantom. Essentially there has been a unclear dismantling of the luxury with performance car segment, however there are a few contemporary machines that fit build quality and performance into a single auto-frame such as the RR Wraith. All hope is not lost then, i guess.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 9:58am On Aug 01, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Northern rule. The decadent of bad leadership is infectious as Squalor, Ignorance, Want, Idleness, Disease fester.

Specifically, the placement of importation ban by OBJ created a breeding ground for kidnapping as traders sought other means to survive. It is all bad leadership.

Take note that kidnapping started in the east during OBJ tenure. The yoruba economic warfare, since 1960s, with Awo as the Source. one naijeria!

Your very essence is rooted in denial and fallacy and that is unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hypocrisy!!! Pdp Chairman Adamu Mu'azu Signed Sharia into law in Bauchi / 'Free Sheikh Zakzaky' Rally In Katsina (Photos) / Brother Of Lt. Col. Umusu Killed By Boko Haram Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.