Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] (16475 Views)

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Faun(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Double post.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by JEITO: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
After viewing all these brightly coloured cars, I thought I would have stored enough colour to change one brown corroded roof in Ibadan, but I thought wrong undecided

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Faun:

LOL. But you forget you already did "stoop" to my level when you were using your 'December IV' handle on that Ahmadu Bello thread, and you ended up receiving a vicious intellectual beating that day. grin Abi have you forgotten? grin

Frankly, I'm not for the attacks today, because doing it again would amount to 'bullying'. wink

Just pointing out the obvious, inexcusable flaw in your logic about "ritual revenue".
How one could believe that it's possible for a severed head to vomit 1000 Naira notes complete with the CBN governor's signature, is honestly beyond me. undecided

Anyway, to not ruin the thread sha, I'll say the OP is a fairly good initiative. Let's keep it going.

What are you talking about? undecided
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Faun(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
prophetone:

What are you talking about? undecided

Oh, I'm sure you know very well wink
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by omenka(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'm in love with the R8, the Mustang GT, the Enzo, and the Reventon!! Raw muscle!!

The growl of those cars when you floor the gas pedal could make a lady cvm in an instant!!

#teamsupercars. cool

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you're a hater...scroll back up ^^^. This is not good for your heart.

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
More.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
King Bugatti.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
More.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wild beasts.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Porsche.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Aston Martin.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
A development unreported widely in the media is the emerging middle class in the north that has been consistent in the last decade despite challenges.

5 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Saifullah01: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another center of hot rides is kano,

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin: All I see is hypocrites all over on this thread. Imagine one saying

Let me ask you a simple question, do you wear a wrist watch? If yes, why should you do so when you can give the money to someone suffering? Besides you can check time on you phone.
Do you use a phone? Is it a smart phone? Why not go for something less like a java phone and give the money to some suffering around?
You don't have to have millions to help.

Port Harcourt people please correct me if I am wrong.
But isn't Trans Amadi where almost all (if not, the a lot of them) the oil companies in Nigeria have a office or some sort of location there?
How is the condition of the road? Yes the "trans amadi" road.
I have traveled to quite a handful of places in the north and there is no state, at least the ones that I have been to with a road like that in the middle if town. NONE!!

Lets try to check ourselves before we point at other people flaws.

Below is the shot of trans Amadi, the not so bad part seff.

you arr quite silly you know. nobody has a.problem with dangote's kids having these type of toys because we know their father worked for it. was it not in a similar exotic car such as these that el-rufai's son died in?
is el-rufai not a thief?

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by adamskutty(m): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Oh boy, see ride

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by aminho(m): 2:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Arewa gidan Albarka ko da mai kazo munfika proudly reppn Maid city
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Gbawe: 6:53am On Aug 01, 2014
careytommy:

you arr quite silly you know. nobody has a.problem with dangote's kids having these type of toys because we know their father worked for it. was it not in a similar exotic car such as these that el-rufai's son died in?
is el-rufai not a thief?

Why don't you start by showing what El-Rufai 'stole' from you or anyone else? The man's history shows technocratic brilliance that made him a rich man even at a young age yet people like you with a 'poor man mindset' continue to make silly allegations as if everyone who has worked for the government gained wealth from the coffers of Nigeria. This is why a poorly/modestly educated Lebanese man can arrive Nigeria or Ghana today and be very rich next year legitimately while Nigerian and Ghanaian youths continue to carry three masters degree around all day wearing a choking tie and suit in the boiling Sun and begging for a bank job up and down despite opportunities abounding everywhere. Young men like you, who can't focus on what matters and innovatively get on with the job at hand, are the reason Africa is backwards and will remain backwards for a long time.

Do away with your 'poor man mindset' and you will see, in the midst of millions of herded folks who cannot think outside the box, how ridiculously easy it is to make money in most of Africa and use these sort of cars. El-Rufai did that and I respect him for that. No doubt some of these cars would have been obtained using the wealth of Nigeria but you only show your simpleton mindset when you laud Dangote as 'deserving' and castigate El-Rufai as a "thief". Dangote was abetted by numerous Nigerian Presidents/heads of State to gain the wealth he has today whereas El Rufai was always a brilliant technocrat, capable of being very wealthy in any any Country on earth, who happened to work for the government. You guys should shun sentiments and start using your head so Nigeria can have a chance to be great.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Nna see machines! Money good o!

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by eaglechild: 7:39am On Aug 01, 2014
I love cars...

I mean I am a crazy fan of super cars, but I will not drool over this thread knowing that millions of northerners are in penury and crisis while their elites and kids live in another world.

To me it is sickening.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2014
I see the usual badu belles on this thread, in as much as I don't support the fragrant display of wealth, they are plenty here who are pained that such happens in the north. This surely goes against. The "stereotype" they have for that region!!

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

A poorly/modestly educated Lebanese man can arrive Nigeria or Ghana today and be very rich next year legitimately while Nigerian and Ghanaian youths continue to carry three masters degree around all day wearing a choking tie and suit in the boiling Sun and begging for a bank job up and down despite opportunities abounding everywhere.

Do away with your 'poor man mindset' and you will see, in the midst of millions of herded folks who cannot think outside the box, [size=15pt]how ridiculously easy it is to make money in most of Africa and use these sort of cars[/size].

Generally speaking, Lebanese and Indians immigrants to Nigeria are well connected to the Hausa Fulani oil-block thieves who have been quietly bleeding the nation dry for decades, and so those camel-jockeys get their grasping paws stuck DEEP in the national treasury virtually the instant they show up in Nigeria, which is a privilege NOT open to your average Nigerian university graduate, despite your claim to the contrary.

As for your fascinating proclamation about the ease with which enough money can be harvested in Nigeria to afford a 100 thousand dollar car, Gbawe, perhaps you could be kind enough to post a few pictures of your own stable of brand new Italian and German super-cars, to illustrate your point about the availability of great wealth that can literally be plucked from trees by your average Joe in Nigeria.

Standing by for that enlightenment good sir.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2014
AsSabirin: All I see is hypocrites all over on this thread. Imagine one saying

Let me ask you a simple question, do you wear a wrist watch? If yes, why should you do so when you can give the money to someone suffering? Besides you can check time on you phone.
Do you use a phone? Is it a smart phone? Why not go for something less like a java phone and give the money to some suffering around?
You don't have to have millions to help.

Port Harcourt people please correct me if I am wrong.
But isn't Trans Amadi where almost all (if not, the a lot of them) the oil companies in Nigeria have a office or some sort of location there?
How is the condition of the road? Yes the "trans amadi" road.
I have traveled to quite a handful of places in the north and there is no state, at least the ones that I have been to with a road like that in the middle if town. NONE!!

Lets try to check ourselves before we point at other people flaws.

Below is the shot of trans Amadi, the not so bad part seff.
do you know the difference between necessity and luxury? If you want to show the north in good light, there are better ways.

3 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Gbawe: 8:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Generally speaking, Lebanese and Indians immigrants to Nigeria are well connected to the Hausa Fulani oil-block thieves who have been quietly bleeding the nation dry for decades, and so those camel-jockeys get their grasping paws stuck DEEP in the national treasury virtually the instant they show up in Nigeria, which is a privilege NOT open to your average Nigerian university graduate, despite your claim to the contrary.

As for your fascinating proclamation about the ease with which enough money can be harvested in Nigeria to afford a 100 thousand dollar car, Gbawe, perhaps you could be kind enough to post a few pictures of your own stable of brand new Italian and German super-cars, to illustrate your point about the availability of great wealth that can literally be plucked from trees by your average Joe in Nigeria.

Look, I don't have time for any senseless back-and-forth. Just google "Africa the last frontier" to note that with a feasibly well-defined business plan an individual is dedicated to sticking with assiduously no other continent on earth comes close to Africa in terms of range and scope of opportunities capable of creating great wealth today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

Look, I don't have time for any senseless back-and-forth. Just google "Africa the last frontier" to note that with a feasibly well-defined business plan an individual is dedicated to sticking with assiduously no other continent on earth comes close to Africa in terms of range and scope of opportunities capable of creating great wealth today.

Can I take your homework assignment to mean that you personally have NOT yet acquired any super cars or London real estate worth bragging about ?

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

i agree, the only difference here is that local entrepreneurs don't have as much access to fund (low interest loans) like these foreigners if not locals would be making a fortune here.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Gbawe: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Can I take your homework assignment to mean that you personally have NOT yet acquired any super cars or London real estate worth bragging about ?

I am not a big fan of super-cars and would not want one. Not my thing at all. They are, in most cases highly impractical 'money pits'. My mentality, as far as cars go, tends towards functionality and practicality. If I were to ever be predisposed to treating myself to an indulgent toy then my preference would be for a practical classic cars like the 1964 Mercedes SL but I believe man should 'live and let live'. To that end I feel it is "each to his own".

As for 'acquisitions' to brag about, I can tell you that it is mainly wretched 'Del boys', owning nothing of worth in reality, who do that. If my disinterest in childishly chronicling what I own online, when I could be lying anyway, for the inspection of total strangers indicates to you that I have "NOT yet acquired any super cars or London real estate worth bragging about" then that shows you simply don't understand that the very obvious thing about those who are 'comfortable' is how most are secure in themselves to the extent they are never interested in proving anything to anyone.

11 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by eaglechild: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

Even in the most affluent of countries these cars sell in single digits.

Not only are they expensive, they are also impractical for most of our cities.

All these may not even be an issue if the wealth is honestly made.

But then you add the killer blow that they belong to the rich elite kids whose parents have looted their populace dry.

And who live in an environment where some few kilometers away people live in abject poverty and have resorted to blowing their selves up.

It is distasteful.

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 8:45am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
i agree, the only difference here is that local entrepreneurs don't have as much access to fund (low interest loans) like these foreigners if not locals would be making a fortune here.

I agree as well, and this exacerbated by the lack of adequate infrastructure which drives up start-up and running costs. The absence of angel investors and platforms such as kickstarter also means the foreign investor has an unfair advantage.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2014
Jakumo:

am sorry to quote you. With all the grammar you are blowing out of your mouth,I hope you have one of those machines in this thread to compliment it or are you just one of those who are broke a$$ niggas like Billy.onnaire? undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AsSabirin(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli:
do you know the difference between necessity and luxury? If you want to show the north in good light, there are better ways.
So what is your point? Someone should not have a luxurious life?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe:

I am not a big fan of super-cars and would not want one. Not my thing at all. My mentality, as far as cars go, tends towards functionality and practicality. If I were to ever be predisposed to treating myself to an indulgent toy then my preference would be for a practical classic cars like the 1964 Mercedes SL but I believe man should 'live and let live'. To that end I feel it is "each to his own". As for 'acquisitions' to brag about, I can tell you that it is mainly wretch 'Del boys', owning nothing of worth in reality, who do that.

You are a man of true class, Gbawe, as indicated in your preference for an understated '64 Merc, and by your willingness to give the benefit of the doubt regarding the actual source of wealth enjoyed by Nigeria's uber-rich class.

Changing the subject just briefly, my favorite vintage of Mercedes would be the S Class W126 models, that ran from 1980 to 1994, while my favorite make and model of Porche would be the venerable 928 that ran from 1980 to 1994 - the only Porche that was ever fitted with a V8 motor. In short, the time period of 1980 to 1994 was the Golden Age of German automotive engineering, in this dreamer's humble opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Free Sheikh Zakzaky' Rally In Katsina (Photos) / Brother Of Lt. Col. Umusu Killed By Boko Haram Writes Buhari / Court Grants Bail To 3 IPOB Members (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.