Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] (16479 Views)

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
Those industrialists made their billions with the corrupt collusion of the corrupt politicians so no real difference between them
prophetone:

How can you conclude that they're all children of corrupt politicians? Are aware that the North boasts of multi-billionaire industrialists and businessmen like the Sayyu Dantata's, Abdulsamad Rabiu's, Rahamanniya's, Dahiru Mangal's, Dan Kabo's (Kabo Air), Dasuki's etc. This is not to mention the Indimi's, Danjuma's and Mai Deribe's who you will argue had links with government, or the father of them all, Aliko Dangote - the Earths Richest Black Man.

Admittedly there are some corrupt politicians who have looted the treasury and spoil their kids while the average northerner, like any other nigerian struggles to earn a living, but condemning their indulgence in their passion for supercars is simply throwing away the baby with the bath water as some of the cars you have seen belong to reputable industrialists.

Its because of the reverence that your moniker holds that I have not called you out, considering typing in Giant red font on a quiet thread is akin to screaming in a cupboard.

5 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
Jakumo, are you suggesting there are no wealthy northerners that did not steal their billions?
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
GenBuhari: Those industrialists made their billions with the corrupt collusion of the corrupt politicians so no real difference between them

SMH
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone: Jakumo, are you suggesting there are no wealthy northerners that did not steal their billions?

Without northern politicians' historic back-door access to all those illegally allocated oil-fields in the Niger Delta, you would have 90% FEWER super-car pictures to post from northern Nigeria, Prophet One, and that is the truth no matter how much is said to the contrary by the looting class, their cronies, and their dependents, ALL of whom are overly concentrated in Nigeria's north, while the inhabitants of the Niger Delta live amid the squalor of a polluted and defiled landscape that supports neither agriculture nor fisheries.

4 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
prove me wrong
prophetone:

SMH

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
GenBuhari: prove me wrong

The burden of proof lies on you as I stated the individuals that made their money without looting and you opined otherwise. While you're at that, i would like you to name ANY billionaire ANYWHERE that did not make their money with the collusion of government.

The fact is that when you create wealth, you create value. You create jobs and pay huge tax to government, who will in turn give incentives in support of your venture to amplify the benefits accruable to the state from it. If you refuse to accept government incentives in any case, you cannot stay ahead of the competition as these incentives will go to others. Its simple logic, really.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
You are running around in posh cars while you have millions of bomb-strapping almajiris to convert back to humanity. Why don't you go to sambisa and ride it in front of shekau's boys grin grin grin
I thought this abokis would have listened to words of Lamido Sanusi the day he won silverbird man of the year award-->"one day the children of the poor in the north, will catch our children(the rich kids), kill them and burn their cars".
That was when the Islamic rag was still absent on his head, he was still thinking cerebrally like a normal human then. Today the gaps between the rich and the poor keeps widening in that axis of evil and these same aboki molla keep hiding their families in Dubai, Sudan, Saudi....What humongous stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Calculia: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
dozzybaba: You are running around in posh cars while you have millions of bomb-strapping almajiris to convert back to humanity. Why don't you go to sambisa and ride it in front of shekau's boys grin grin grin
I thought this abokis would have listened to words of Lamido Sanusi the day he won silverbird man of the year award-->"one day the children of the poor in the north, will catch our children(the rich kids), kill them and burn their cars".
That was when the Islamic rag was still absent on his head, he was still thinking cerebrally like a normal human then. Today the gaps between the rich and the poor keeps widening in that axis of evil and these same aboki molla keep hiding their families in Dubai, Sudan, Saudi....What humongous stupidity.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My Brother See Cars... The ting tire me Oh!

The funny thing is that they are going for over a million pound and some can be bought for 3-5 million pounds for just one car. This means the owners are billionaires to afford those cars.

3 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by oduastates: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone:

The burden of proof lies on you as I stated the individuals that made their money without looting and you opined otherwise. While you're at that, i would like you to name ANY billionaire ANYWHERE that did not make their money with the collusion of government.

The fact is that when you create wealth, you create value. You create jobs and pay huge tax to government, who will in turn give incentives in support of your venture to amplify the benefits accruable to the state from it. If you refuse to accept government incentives in any case, you cannot stay ahead of the competition as these incentives will go to others. Its simple logic, really.

Bill gates ( Microsoft )
Steve jobs( apple)
Larry elision (oracle)
Sir dyson (dyson)
J k Rowlings ( Harry potter)
Dr Dre ( Rap , Beats)
Odutola,Davies of the 40's ( manufacturing) .

Quailties :intelligence,individual brilliance , hardwork ,diligence .

You've got it upside down,
The Nigerian way.
Anybody can create "money" from a stolen oil block from which ,they collect the rents which ought to be going to the government,Not everybody can write a 20,000 pages long computer code.
It is more like ,when you create value ,you create wealth.
Almost if not all those you have listed are involved in socially destructive businesses and cannot be regarded as true wealth creators .
The true wealth creators are the farmers,the welders, cattle herders etc

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Did Dangote not benefit from many contracts corruptly awarded to him by Thief Obasanjo?
prophetone:

6 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Jakumo:

Without northern politicians' historic back-door access to all those illegally allocated oil-fields in the Niger Delta, you would have 90% FEWER super-car pictures to post from northern Nigeria, Prophet One, and that is the truth no matter how much is said to the contrary by the looting class, their cronies, and their dependents, ALL of whom are overly concentrated in Nigeria's north, while the inhabitants of the Niger Delta live amid the squalor of a polluted and defiled landscape that supports neither agriculture nor fisheries.

You cannot honestly say only northern politicians recieved 'illegally' allocated oil fields or that 90% ( grin) of those cars belong to corrupt northern politicians. I listed some names and more than 60% of those cars are linked to those names. Trust me. Any further discourse on this issue will take us into the subject of resource control which is something I'm not about to partake in.

What have the billionaires of the ND done for their people? Tom Ikimi, Timi Alaibe, Dan Etete (Malabu Oil and Abacha crony), Don Etiebet, Odili, Okey Ezenwa, Offor and the fattest toadiest and slimiest hypocrite of all, the islamic terrorist named Asari Dokubo who built a billion dollar University in Benin Republic ABANDONING HIS DEAR PEOPLE.

Oh please.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
oduastates:

Bill gates ( Microsoft )
Steve jobs( apple)
Larry elision (oracle)
Sir dyson (dyson)
J k Rowlings ( Harry porter)
Dr Dre ( Rap , Beats)

Quailties :intelligence , hardwork ,diligence .

I will start from the top. Ever heard of Microsoft Anti-Trust Scandal? Look it up.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
GenBuhari: Did Dangote not benefit from many contracts corruptly awarded to him by Thief Obasanjo?

For once i agree with this man.

Dangote is a monopolist, had the government ban his major competitors in the cement industry so he can have an unfair advantage in the vast Nigeria market. He literally owned that government. A government that should have protected small and medium-scale businesses found itself kicking them out and discouraging them competing for the benefit of only one man.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
GenBuhari: Did Dangote not benefit from many contracts corruptly awarded to him by Thief Obasanjo?

prophetone:

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
dozzybaba: You are running around in posh cars while you have millions of bomb-strapping almajiris to convert back to humanity. Why don't you go to sambisa and ride it in front of shekau's boys grin grin grin

But you wicked sha grin
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by oduastates: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone:

I will start from the top. Ever heard of Microsoft Anti-Trust Scandal? Look it up.

Your arguments are just lame.
We are talking about the proceeds of crime,you are talking about what is essentially typical business behaviour in the business life cycle (elbowing the competitors out of the way).
Tell me what value any of these people add to the Nigerian society.
All of them are either fascist monopolists ,crooked government contractors,socially useless bankers or oil thieves.
You thought this thread will lead to money worship but you were not prepared for the blowback effect.
You know the difference between my society and yours?
My society 's corrupt elites bothered to provide the basics( health,education).
Because of that ,millions of my fellow omoluabis have assets all over the world and which they can sell ,in order to afford these car.
What about yours?
Producing almajiris,orphans ,handicapped and widows by the millions.
You better thank Nigeria for giving you and the spoilt kids the cover to flaunt what is essentially , ill gotten wealth .Otherwise,i am sure that Boko haram would have sent all of you packing by now .

3 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Calculia: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
oduastates:
Bill gates ( Microsoft )
Steve jobs( apple)
Larry elision (oracle)
Sir dyson (dyson)
J k Rowlings ( Harry potter)
Dr Dre ( Rap , Beats)
Quailties :intelligence,individual brilliance , hardwork ,diligence .
You've got it upside down,
The Nigerian way.
Anybody can create "money" from a stolen oil block from which they collect the rents which ought to be going to the government,Not everybody can write a 20,000 pages long computer code.
It is more like ,when you create value ,you create wealth.
Almost if not all those you have listed are involved in socially destructive business and are not true wealth creators .
The true wealth creators are the farmers,the welders etc

Word! I absolutely agree. First u create value, given recognition via offers of consideration(money offered and accepted in exchange), then u create wealth. Work pays.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
oduastates:

Your arguments are just lame.
We are talking about the proceeds of crime, you are talking about what is essentially typical business behaviour in the business life cycle (elbowing the competitors out of the way).
Tell me what value any of these people add to the Nigerian society.
All of them are either fascist monopolist or crooked government contractors,socially useless bankers or oil thieves.
You thought this thread will lead to money worship but you were not prepared for the blowback effect.

No, YOU are talking about proceeds of a crime as you're the one alleging all the cars were sourced with criminal wealth. If you had been observant, you would note the Anti-trust reference came as a response to an earlier response to a question asking for a list untainted world billionaires. The purpose of that reference was to disprove that Bill gates was an untainted billionaire. Of course that skipped you because I was not talking to you in the first place.

Money worship? How old are you? The purpose of this thread was clearly stated in the preamble, i guess you missed it - again because you are not observant. The only effect that came was one i was prepared for after upsetting the ship of thought that wants to hear nothing prosperous about the north, a ship that has propaganda as the skipper and ignorance as deck men.

prophetone: In the past months a lot of negative news has come out of the great federation that is Arewa. The incessant bombings and general insecurity that's has pervaded the Nation and Northern Nigeria in particular has left us searching and praying for a solution in view of the lacuna in leadership that has left us to search within for a way out.

We deserve a break from all the bad news emanating from every crevice of our land and celebrate the good things we are blessed with.

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Jakumo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone:
No, YOU are talking about proceeds of a crime as you're the one alleging all the cars were sourced with criminal wealth. If you had been observant, you would note the Anti-trust reference came as a response to an earlier response to a question asking for a list untainted world billionaires. The purpose of that reference was to disprove that Bill gates was an untainted billionaire. Of course that skipped you because I was not talking to you in the first place.

Money worship? How old are you? The purpose of this thread was clearly stated in the preamble, i guess you missed it - again because you are not observant. The only effect that came was one i was prepared for after upsetting the ship of thought that wants to hear nothing prosperous about the north, a ship that has propaganda as the skipper and ignorance as deck men.

Ha ha ha Prophet I must say that despite disagreeing with every muffugin' word you say, I LOVE the way you fight for your stand like a seasoned Gong-Fu man, ever cool and always composed with the counter-punch sequence served up while deflecting multiple attackers with panache and style.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Calculia:

Word! I absolutely agree. First u create value, given recognition via offers of consideration(money offered and accepted in exchange), then u create wealth. Work pays.

I agree, but it works both ways. When you create wealth in the context of which i was speaking, you attract foreign exchange, create auxiliary industries, and income (value) for government through taxes.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by oduastates: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone:

Mr ,take your epistle elsewhere.
The result of this mentality is all over the north ,and to a lesser extent ,the south.
Poverty as bad as Niger ,
Destitution even worse than Afghanistan .
I can easily guess the names of the inbreds(they marry within their group,don't they ?) in this your beast club.
The "How not to run a country " hall of shame.
People like these were strung up and burnt alive during the French Revolution .
Have you forgotten the last general election when the talakawas went after every single one of your papas and mama regardless of party.
The molten metal from the crucible of revolution is already spilling over in the north
Keep it up,
It will catch up with you soon.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Jakumo:

Ha ha ha Prophet I must say that despite disagreeing with every muffugin' word you say, I LOVE the way you fight for your stand like a seasoned Gong-Fu man, ever cool and always composed with the counter-punch sequence served up while deflecting multiple attackers with panache and style.

That means a bunch especially coming from you smiley.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by prophetone(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
oduastates:
Mr ,take your epistle elsewhere.
The result of this mentality is all over the north ,and to a lesser extent ,the south.
Poverty as bad as Niger ,
Destitution even worse than Afghanistan .
I can easily guess the names of the inbreds(they marry within their group,don't they ?) in this your beast club.
The "How not to run a country " hall of shame.
People like these were strung up and burnt alive during the French Revolution .
Have you forgotten the last general election when the talakawas went after every single one of your papas and mama regardless of party.
The molten metal from the crucible of revolution is already spilling over in the north
Keep it up,
It will catch up with you soon.

Hope you enjoyed the class.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by AbuMikey(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
Damn!!!!! shocked

This is nice cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone:

How can you conclude that they're all children of corrupt politicians? Are aware that the North boasts of multi-billionaire industrialists and businessmen like the Sayyu Dantata's, Abdulsamad Rabiu's, Rahamanniya's, Dahiru Mangal's, Dan Kabo's (Kabo Air), Dasuki's etc. This is not to mention the Indimi's, Danjuma's and Mai Deribe's who you will argue had links with government, or the father of them all, Aliko Dangote - the Earths Richest Black Man.

Admittedly there are some corrupt politicians who have looted the treasury and spoil their kids while the average northerner, like any other nigerian struggles to earn a living, but condemning their indulgence in their passion for supercars is simply throwing away the baby with the bath water as some of the cars you have seen belong to reputable industrialists.

Its because of the reverence that your moniker holds that I have not called you out, considering typing in Giant red font on a quiet thread is akin to screaming in a library for the mute.

rahmaniyya- Yaraduas right hsnd man

dantatas- Relations of dangotes (British colonialist main biz partners)

dasuki- Gej connection (Sambo dasuki)

T.Y Danjuma- Ex top millitary man, and beneficiary of an oil bloc (SAPETRO) frpm OBJ

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Beaf1: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
A businessman that struggled hard to build his empire will not buy or allow his sons to buy those expensive toys. He will see that as a waste Fact!!!

This is not good for the north. How many bridges, flyovers, hospitals, learning institutions would have been built with this money?

This wealth is mostly inherited from their dead parent/grandparents who have gone to meet their Creator.

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by kel4soft: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
AsSabirin: All I see is hypocrites all over on this thread. Imagine one saying

Let me ask you a simple question, do you wear a wrist watch? If yes, why should you do so when you can give the money to someone suffering? Besides you can check time on you phone.
Do you use a phone? Is it a smart phone? Why not go for something less like a java phone and give the money to some suffering around?
You don't have to have millions to help.

Port Harcourt people please correct me if I am wrong.
But isn't Trans Amadi where almost all (if not, the a lot of them) the oil companies in Nigeria have a office or some sort of location there?
How is the condition of the road? Yes the "trans amadi" road.
I have traveled to quite a handful of places in the north and there is no state, at least the ones that I have been to with a road like that in the middle if town. NONE!!

Lets try to check ourselves before we point at other people flaws.

Below is the shot of trans Amadi, the not so bad part seff.

Why are you been mischievous? You know this road is under construction. There is a thread for this;

www.nairaland.com/1828068/monorail-stop-amaechi-constructing-roads
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
All am seeing here is picture of cars sons of politicians and oligarchs like to ride.

Oyel money thru looting.
Check out that one that Hamza guy crashed with the other day, and u will understand.

You hardly see these toys in the south except maybe in PH or Lagos, cus pple here wanna invest more knowing the worked hard for the doe.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Bizibi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nigerians just love talking....some people here re complaining but if they come in contact with them, they will be among the first set of people to praise them especially when their acct has been credited....

1 Like

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by lorRhyMeZ: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
God bless d Op joooor!

Mallam Boiz representing...

And to all doz maggots dat wud come online n say how Northerners are "abokis","bokoharam" n all dat puss shit...IN YA FACE BIATCHES!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
prophetone: Jakumo, are you suggesting there are no wealthy northerners that did not steal their billions?
apart from aliko dangote,I don't know of anyone.
Re: The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] by lorRhyMeZ: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
eaglechild:

My major problem with the north is the very marked gap between the rich and poor.

No where else in the country is that way.

The oil bunkerers you mentioned are criminal opportunists who are on a level playing ground with the rest of the populace. They did not come from a stock of predetermined elites. The oil bunkering analogy is even a bit off considering that they make money from their environment. Of course it is not justified.

My problem with the north is that it is almost impossible to breakaway from poverty.
While it is difficult in other regions, it is at least achievable via hard work.

For the north it seems the poor have imbibed and accepted their fate and are totally lack the will or even the desire to try to breakaway.
They see the elites as gods.
That is what breeds extremism.

U meant to say d major problem with Nigeria,not d North is d very marked gap between d rich n d poor! If there was no desire amongst d poor northerners to get rich, y would kano be considered to b a commercial hub of nigeria after lagos?

Have u listened to d news lately? Do u know that agricultural reforms currently going on in nigeria is majorly focused on northern states? Wud dat have been possible if there wasn't a desire to get rich or a better standard of living?

Yes there is a marked difference between d rich n poor...buh its not only in d north only..

Yours Faithfully
LorRhyMeZ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Retreat For House Of Representatives Members-Elect (Photos) / Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Ambode Presents Y2016 Budget Proposal Of N665.588bn To House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.