Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (30114 Views)

A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad / Who Ensures Sanitation Most In Your Home Between Your Mom And Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by lakashey: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
na to go return from where i collect am or where them give me
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
I don't think its something that seriously considering the boy's age. Most of us thought of running away from homewhen we were being disciplined at a young age.

EaglesDirect Business Technologies @ www.eaglesdirectng.com

kindly follow us at EaglesDirect_BizTech
@EaglesDirect_BT on twitter; or like our page on www.Facebook.com/EaglesDirect.BizTech; or add us on your professional page - www.linkedIn.com/company/eaglesdirect-information-services
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Jovie: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
okirewaju: That's serious

Am not sure the child knows how heavy does words are, they should let him know that they feel hurt by those words

When you discipline. A child with one hand, you draw him close with the other!

Yeah!

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by davidif: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
iwonbaoko: Funny psychobabble. This is what happens when kids have all their needs met and are encouraged to feel entitled about it.I don't bring kids into the world to like me or to be my friends. They are part of something called humanity and their duty is to contribute materially,intellectually and genetically. My duty is to prepare them for their duty. This whole business of "quality time and showing affection" is a post modern indulgence by people who do not understand anthropology ,their own society and are modelling their lives on western illusions.
We see them all the time; their parents bring them over from Nigeria every year on holiday and at a very young age they have already learnt to compare ; sneering at those who travel economy class or don't live in Lekki etc. Nasty individuals many of them and often lacking the basic etiquette that one expects from Nigerian kids. They cannot speak Nigerian languages and their English is often embarassing considering many attend schools costing millions yearly at primary level and yes many of them don't like their parents!!
Yes kids should be well nourished and kept safe and should be encouraged to have self esteem but there must be structure and boundaries. Parents should not be "needy" of their children's love or approval or get into any kind of emotional bargaining for this. They are CHILDREN.
I grew up with a friend who loved and was "loved" by his parents one of whom was a Minister. Their love meant he never lacked but he had no drive or hunger. At the time I thought I hated my father because he made us take public buses and he NEVER one day "dash" me money. Now I love him more than ever. Sadly my friend is an underachiever considering his very lofty background. Recently I visited their house which he inherited. Used to be a mansion but now it is a derelict wreck housing miscreants and he is a very bitter man. What is most important is that parent TALK to their children regularly so that when they are old it is not difficult to communicate. All this I HATE MY MOM stuff is rubbish.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD GIVE YOU A 1,000,000 LIKES FOR THIS.

Finally, a Nigerian who gets it. All this new age Nigerians who are soooooooooo quick to adopt Western parenting are going to be reaping the fruits in future but by then it would be too late.

I remember reading about a British parent who was dissappointed in his children as adults and he blamed it on himself for adopting the new parenting fad that was in vogue when he was raising them.

Too bad Nigerians don't know how to filter things that come into there culture, they just accept it wholeheartedly as "enlightenment" or "knowledge" or worst of all being "modern". Absolute Rubbish.

If you guys like, keep letting Dr. Phil, Oprah, and other forms of western media tell you how to raise your kids, wait and see the results. You reap what you sow.

Once again, EXCELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLENT POST brah.

5 Likes

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by coldgate(f): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Blackchampion: Obviously not a 9ja pikin

Exactly. In Nigeria, just one slap will reset his brain to factory default.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nelrulez(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
. Next one will b "I'll kil my folks" if proper care is nt taken.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ChiFirstLady(f): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
He probably does mean or know what he said,or maybe he heard it from someone(his parents or friends). Let's mind d words we use in front of kids,they learn very fast and neva forget. Read books on early childhood,it will help. Don't smack him,talk about it with him,let him know dat hate is bad,and love is good.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
My son was being reprimanded by me when he was a little boy of about 3 and he told me to my face amidst tears that that he didn't want me to be his mommy anymore
He said he wanted me to go away so he could go to "star market" ( the neighborhood grocery store) and get another mommy. shocked shocked shocked

That was hilarious
I quickly got over the anger of what he had done and my hubby and I burst out laughing

OP don't be worried about it,it is just how the child felt at the time,probably was spanked or corrected
It means nothing
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by repogirl(f): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ruq:

You can't really say, don't be so definite.

I meant it when I wrote in my book that they hate me I was a little older than he his, like you said don't go overboard when rebuking them, I was always met with maximum rebuking then and they never apologized. Madam I can tell you that I have enough rage in me that I can share with hundreds of people.

Parents don't really know what goes on in the minds of kids, I'm not saying dont strike or rebuke them, but strike the balance between love and discipline.

Only because I turnt out to be a rational being that makes me control the rage, sometimes I'm just glad I have the rage, I bet you don't know being angry sometimes make one angry.

Unknowingly they create monsters, and we wonder why they're serial killers.
I was referring to a five year old kid getting over it, ofcourse if he was a teenager I would be saying a different thing..... Trust me I know a thing or two bout discipline, my father was a flogger with wire, and he wouldn't stop till he saw the welts, even blood on your skin, I became a Chester and the beating didn't have any effect, the man tire for me sef.
I was angry also but to be free and have peace of mind, you have to let your rage and anger go...... You have to move on....i moved on, my relationship with my father isn't smooth, I hardly talk to him but when I do, I try to smile and act like we are good, no grudges.

as an adult with kids, I see he thought he was doing the right thing, not his fault as there is no manual for raising kids. You go with what you know, its just so sad that parents don't know squat when raising kids.

please let go of the rage, you'll feel so much better.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Burger01(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Man! dad and mum must create time for the child. it's not enough sending the child to school, providing food and shelter, buying goodies... But a child needs parental care, attention and affection for him/her to be stable psychologically, emotionally and morally. let's just be there for our children and be attentive to their needs,fears and concerns. I know of some fathers that get home everyday by 11pm and leave home even before the kids are off the bed. Children needs total and complete care from parents.

Op, tell the person to improve in areas there is gap and bond well with the child..

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by MiguelMi6(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
lekinz: Carry am go shoprite
gringringringrin
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Sunshinelady(f): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kids are kids my dear 0P, dey are innocent & naïve, i can remember wen I was in nursery 2, I had one favourite teacher who was a nun, so I told my siblings dat I love dat my teacher more dan everybody even my mummy & daddy. Dey ran & reported to my mum who was very upset, dey all seemed really surprised & worried abt dat statement. I seriously couldn't understand wat d whole fuss was all about really. I was truelly surprised at their surprise lol..As a kid ur brain never mature so there are lots of stuff u say & do witout really meanin it or tinkin deep. So d parents of d kid shuldnt worry, even as an adolescent som children still scream to their parents 'I hate u' (mostly oyinbos o), but dey don't really meant it, so no cause for alarm. Unless dey still repeat it wen dey are adults, den u worry. But dey shuld do their part as good parents sha
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by kwister1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
undecided
20pounds: Sell it(him?)!!!!

Get a pet that will love them instead. embarassed
, see hw this nigerian man is thinking bah? Y ur papa no sell u because I noh say ur own mata worse pass dis kid own
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tuffgongjo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another walking ticking time bomb in the society.
I hope they start giving more attention to him.
Cus na from clap dance dey take start.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tuffgongjo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: Kids never really mean what they say, the boy is just upset, he'll get over it soon enough but then parents shouldn't also provoke kids. Don't go overboard when punishing or rebuking them.

my five year old girl is always saying she wants God to take away her brother and send her another brother cos he destroys her stuff but leave them for a while and they'll begin playing as if nothing ever happened.
maybe u need to pay more attention to her,read this book by sheldon sidney "master of the game"for some insight into how such behavior can turn real,not meaning bad thing ooo.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by alzabeeb60: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmm dis is us case oo..........
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by shitshappen(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
20pounds: Sell it(him?)!!!!

Get a pet that will love them instead. embarassed

post it(him) on olx. And do the needful grin
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by xtervaganza(m): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Too much over pampering of brats these days

No wonder the new generation fathers now raise brats like this

30 years ago in Nigeria, no child will ever do this nonsense

He'll have his behind handed to him with koboko

2 Likes

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Biliamin(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
whaooo!!! even me, I've learnt a lot on this thread. Thank you all for your time and those invaluable piece of information

cheers
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: Another walking ticking time bomb in the society.
I hope they start giving more attention to him.
Cus na from clap dance dey take start.
Quote I won't go so far such "feelings" are normal what is a problem is the filter process whereby one learns what one can and cannot say one one can and cannot do. It might surprise you to know that many children have urges to "destroy" their younger siblings shortly after they are born because at an instinctual level they are a "threat" thi is very normal but their is a "learnt"filter process that stops that. What happens these days is kids say many of these supposedly "cute" things and their parents laugh and so they are not getting the right feedback and so their filter mechanisms are distorted. Lekki kids are very different from Mushin kids and I do not believe Lekki kids love their parents more
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tuffgongjo(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
iwonbaoko: Quote I won't go so far such "feelings" are normal what is a problem is the filter process whereby one learns what one can and cannot say one one can and cannot do. It might surprise you to know that many children have urgs to "destroy" their younger siblings shortly after they are born but their is a filter process that stops that, What happens these days is kids say many of these supposedly "cute" things and their parents laugh nd so they are not getting the right feedback and so their filter mechanisms are distorted
I hope the right steps are taken sha.
To avoid heartaches
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ElNur1: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls handle dat kid with care ooo....
Science once prove dat "Children with dis kinda abilities hav High IQ" nd prolly been underrated as just a kid..

trust my Nigerian parents..

koboko will reset his brain
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by repogirl(f): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: maybe u need to pay more attention to her,read this book by sheldon sidney "master of the game"for some insight into how such behavior can turn real,not meaning bad thing ooo.
that one is fiction, I've read it and nothing like that happening here, she takes very good care of him sef and I make her understand that he's a baby, that's why he acts like that.

if I had a penny for every crazy thing my kids say.....
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: I hope the right steps are taken sha.
To avoid heartaches
Story !! how likely is it that the child is an "Aboki's" child
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ElNur1: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: that one is fiction, I've read it and nothing like that happening here, she takes very good care of him sef and I make her understand that he's a baby, that's why he acts like that.

if I had a penny for every crazy thing my kids say.....

Not fiction ooo...
He prolly a white kid.. Nt Nigerian

Na dis kain kid dey create Nuclear weapons ooo

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nicepoker(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: Kids never really mean what they say, the boy is just upset, he'll get over it soon enough but then parents shouldn't also provoke kids. Don't go overboard when punishing or rebuking them.

my five year old girl is always saying she wants God to take away her brother and send her another brother cos he destroys her stuff but leave them for a while and they'll begin playing as if nothing ever happened.
wait till ten na u go run
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nicepoker(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Smart kid putting it down on paper. I hope na red ink he use write am.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nicepoker(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
romzyxy: pls just talk 2 him in a good manner.......he is a kid most tins he does is intentionally
review ur post
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by bonka: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
GboyegaD:

That is very serious. It is time for them to check their parenting style and try get closer to the child but they should please not over pamper him.
like father lyk son
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Homguy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
abrahamolusoji:
As in- flog craze comot for i'm body
lmao
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by MadCow1: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chucky

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.