Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (30106 Views)

A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad / Who Ensures Sanitation Most In Your Home Between Your Mom And Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
vanitty: Kids are very innocent/naive -the child probably did not mean it in the context were it to be a grown adult that said it.

However for the parents to be very worried, they must feel there is something a bit off in their parenting style. Let them check themselves.

Praise and rebuke appropriately, don't focus on the "wrong things" alone.

It is well.
Innocent??! undecided
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by skasski: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
typical spoiled kid
a good spanking can fix him

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by adiong: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
As simple as you we as parent are taking dis matter d fact still remain that dis boy though 5yrs old know what he is saying ask me how we forget d fact dat children in dis generation are 1000 times if not more smarter than us words go along way in childrens mind if he was not hurt why did he write is down i know of a boy of 6yrs old dat told his parent dat his parent beat him cos his small he said n i quote " when you people are old and can not walk well i will beat both of you well" do we say he does not know what he is saying we parent make alot of mistake abt children of this generation one thing is certain that boy needs to b taught how not to take not to keep records of bad things people do to him n also teach him how to forgive n love people he is showing those treat now so it needs to be taken care off the father n mother need to sit that child down and talk to him how you love him but will not spoil him cos you dont want him to grow up and bcome a bad boy

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by soulglo: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Biliamin: This is very strange to him. The little boy wrote it in his play book and showed it to his dad.

The guy is worried cos he only talked to the little boy for doing a wrong thing. He's getting more worried cos he did not expect such a thing from a little boy like him and doesn't even know how to appease the boy.

I have decided to post it so we can all learn from people's advice

Geez. This is not a big deal. Children say this all the time. My sisters daughter would tell my sister a million times "you're not my friend anymore" or "I don't like you very much right now". Children are dramatic. In fact I don't think there exists a child that has not said that. Especially the little ones. He should be laughing about it not chastising the child or losing sleep over it
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Realone92(m): 12:37am On Aug 01, 2014
evegran: He needs more care, attention and understanding, not beatings!
u can say that agn

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by KMB: 1:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Biliamin: This is very strange to him. The little boy wrote it in his play book and showed it to his dad.

The guy is worried cos he only talked to the little boy for doing a wrong thing. He's getting more worried cos he did not expect such a thing from a little boy like him and doesn't even know how to appease the boy.

I have decided to post it so we can all learn from people's advice

If it's to do with chastisement he will get over it. We have all been there.

However if it's to do with something else such as neglect then attention is required.

There is no instruction book to raise a child, you learn as you all grow together.

Or maybe the child nowhas younger sibling getting all the attention.

Regardless, just love the child. Whenhe grows up, he/she will lookat the play book and wonder where that came from

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by armyofone(m): 2:54am On Aug 01, 2014
OP, this is serious situation oh. There is a saying, na for ground e dey take start.

Hope he doesn't play chucky or Damien on you at night grin
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Irritant: 3:09am On Aug 01, 2014
Maybe e don observe say him father and mother too like to dey play rough play every night and he is not comfortable with it....that's my Opinion grin
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by GboyegaD(m): 4:54am On Aug 01, 2014
bonka: like father lyk son

How do you mean?
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Ayomel(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2014
they have to accept the fact he doesn't like them.. they should change the way they live life particularly the way the treat the boy
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by chifreke(f): 5:20am On Aug 01, 2014
it is not strange....two weeks ago i beat my 6yrs old daughter for misbehaving...after few minutes i sent her to get water for me....i noticed cough in the water...i asked her...she bluntly told me she spit into my water shocked shocked shocked
wen i asked y..her response were mummy u beat me tooo much....i almost went mad...i couldnt beat i just talked to her' the Dad beat hell out of her....
since then i cant send her for anytin....i dey send d junior sis...she came back pleading dat it will neva happen again...
the truth is i have been praying for her since then...prayer and talks are the key.....

3 Likes

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by eminemkayc: 5:38am On Aug 01, 2014
Reminds me of the video 'cleanin out my closet'...

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Swash042(m): 5:50am On Aug 01, 2014
eminemkayc: Reminds me of the video 'cleanin out my closet'...
I luv dat song till date...
Back to topic,d child might be possessed u knw, so I suggest d parent should try & seek 4 a spiritual help.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Sorry, I am late here but a wise man once told me that: "it is better to offend and adult than to offend a kid"

why?

They don't forget!

I am surprise that people are saying he is just a kid, he does not mean those words blah blah...

I sorry for the OP if he listen to this set of advice.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by SlyIg(f): 6:12am On Aug 01, 2014
In my little nephew's voice.

Kboy: mummy, did you buy that thing i told you to buy for me?

Mum: No o ... I forgot.

Kboy: Mummy, i am not your friend again.

*looks off and start singing without smiling*

You must have done something not pleasing to the little boy. But then, you should check if the action of the little boy actually tells that she doesn't like you. Maybe, he just wrote it cos you did something wrong just at that moment.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by adeonikan: 7:13am On Aug 01, 2014
evegran: He needs more care, attention and understanding, not beatings!
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]

Yeah right
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by francescainnoce(f): 7:18am On Aug 01, 2014
A native proverb says " IF YOU USE LEFT HAND AND HIT A CHILD, USE THE RIGHT HAND AND DRAW HIM CLOSER"
Perhaps they only hit him or correct him with the hitting type of tone and that's it.
First In as much as our kids needs to be corrected, we should learn to correct them and advice them at the same time. Give them instances to illustrate how wrongly they must have behaved. Let them know that daddy and mummy only correct the kids they love. Give them kisses to their cheek, give them hugs always. Tell them how proud you are of them and above all please don't take what children say with kids glove, they speak their heart out, kids are the best people on earth cos they bear no grudge nor beef, they speak their mind with upmost sincerity.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ogawisdom(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Spare d rod n spoil d child, ensure he does d right thing he ll love u later nt nw
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 01, 2014
maybe he doesn't really mean it but even if he means it, the parents should not over pamper him because they may regret over pampering than scolding him.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Midecuc(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2014
It is true that children don't mean what they say,but the father should check is parenting style and. Create time for his children play with them and make them feel happy always.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tonididdy(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2014
repogirl: Kids never really mean what they say, the boy is just upset, he'll get over it soon enough but then parents shouldn't also provoke kids. Don't go overboard when punishing or rebuking them.

my five year old girl is always saying she wants God to take away her brother and send her another brother cos he destroys her stuff but leave them for a while and they'll begin playing as if nothing ever happened.
wow that tone of your daughter, she needs deliverance plus the attitude of the people around her could have contributed to her been so...maybe that's the kind of tone she grew up in

A 5yr old aint a baby anymore.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tonididdy(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2014
2sExy1: Sorry, I am late here but a wise man once told me that: "it is better to offend and adult than to offend a kid"

why?

They don't forget!

I am surprise that people are saying he is just a kid, he does not mean those words blah blah...

I sorry for the OP if he listen to this set of advice.
I just tire

5yrs old is not a kid anymore...he or she knows exactly what his saying.

One said: my 5yr old daughter wishes his younger brother dead because he messes up her toys.that is the devil in her and her enviroment too brought her up with such gutty words.

I know kids to say this.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by henryobinna(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2014
mrlaw93: OLX the boy sharperly...
mobo free better pass cheesy

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Ladfem(m): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] i will advice dat d parent should check d time been spent with their son if dey realy ve enough time playing with him and showing d kid some love. cos kids cherish d time been spend with dem by their parent more dan d many toys been bought for dem.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by hustla(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2014
my 5 year old nephew says more than that
Give him time , let him watch some cartoon and relax small with him
he will forget in no time
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2014
tonididdy: I just tire

5yrs old is not a kid anymore...he or she knows exactly what his saying.

One said: my 5yr old daughter wishes his younger brother dead because he messes up her toys.that is the devil in her and her enviroment too brought her up with such gutty words.

I know kids to say this.
I can still picture myself in the palour at that age, asking my mum: "Mummy, how old am I now, what state amI from etc?" she told me I was 5 years old. I can still remember being knocked down by a motor-cycle back in Bauchi at an age less than 5, I can remember my uncle picking me up to go and see my mum while I was still crying...

Let people keep deceiving themselves.

This is how kids are spoilt in the name of being a kid
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2014
Give Am Beta Knock 4 Head. Im Head Go Correct. I Mean Beta Naija Knock
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by repogirl(f): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
tonididdy: wow that tone of your daughter, she needs deliverance plus the attitude of the people around her could have contributed to her been so...maybe that's the kind of tone she grew up in

A 5yr old aint a baby anymore.

and you know this because.........? undecided
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ChildofChukwu(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2014
valmunich: I'm sure this family does not reside in Nigeria

Trust me, the use of force will make it worse.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by tonididdy(m): 10:04am On Aug 01, 2014
repogirl:
and you know this because.........? undecided
because I know kids even better than the parents who own them.

Let me give u a weird maybe embarassing scenario of how far I bond with kids:

A 2yr old baby( very familiar to me because I have been a friend since d day she was born) belonging to my neighbour was crying, like mad crying and they took her to her mum and her crying increased, her dad same thing ,then it got to my turn and she just went quiet instantly when I carried her, she slept off in my arms fewmins later...the parents were like 'e get wetin u give am chop'...of cos they were joking cos they know I bond with kids, not just theirs but every kid I come across and stay around with...

It gets even weird when in a public transport. A kid walks up to me and just wants to play with me,till the ride is over...I always look at the parent and I see them smile back at me, then its playtime and when we get to our desatination.the kid can't just stop turning back to look at me once more or wave bye.

So I know kids...
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2014
no lie were we never hear from her...abeg were the book
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2014
no lie were we never hear 4 here...abeg were the book

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know You Are In A Healthy Relationship Or Not / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.