Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70749 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:40am On Nov 12, 2016
Price update as at 11th of November, 2016.

Prices stabilises and stays between 27.5k -29k.

Except you are buying to retail, it may be wise to stay off the market now. Speculators may have shifted ground to other commodities with near instant price appreciation

Peeled egusi still N400/modu generally in nasarawa and N450/modu in Maraba and abuja axis.

Currently N350/modu in Niger but in small quantities

Black Egusi at N150/modu

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Before i get crucified for deserting this thread. Will be at some markets today and will update prices accordingly
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bags sold at 28-30k. Modu at 170

Peeled Egusi sold at 420/modu

Prices may rise slightly next month as demand increases for the yuletide.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by farydah: 6:05am On Nov 29, 2016
Pls how much is unpeeled bag(containing about 60 mudus)
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 8:51am On Nov 29, 2016
farydah:

420×60 =N25200
Sack @N200
Laada/bagging@N500 so it's better you just buy your 100 modu at same rate
Sewing@N100
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2016
farydah:

420×60 =N25200
Sack @N200
Sewing@N100
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by farydah: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

420×60 =N25200
Sack @N200
Sewing@N100

tanx for ur reply. I bought about 18 bags at 5500 naira each and stored so im trying to find out the price presently so i can sell it off.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
farydah:

tanx for ur reply. I bought about 18 bags at 5500 naira each and stored so im trying to find out the price presently so i can sell it off.

Peeled egusi of 60 modu @5500?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by farydah: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

Peeled egusi of 60 modu @5500?

lol, no. Unpeeled
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

420×60 =N25200
Sack @N200
Sewing@N100

This is wrong then, thought i saw peeled.

Unpeeled is 140/modu for black face and 170/modu for white face
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by farydah: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

This is wrong then, thought i saw peeled.

Unpeeled is 140/modu for black face and 170/modu for white face

ok then. Thanx. So wen is it advisable to sell pls and how high can it get?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
farydah:

ok then. Thanx. So wen is it advisable to sell pls and how high can it get?

Once you don't exit in dec, next exit is February
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by farydah: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

Once you don't exit in dec, next exit is February
ok sir. Tank u
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by raheema4u(f): 1:57am On Dec 04, 2016
I have being living in Nasarawa town since 2011, I only get to discover the potential market here this year. Like they say, better late than never.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by enet1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
I don't have any prior experience in this agric business but I am interested in doing it.How can you help @op?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2016
enet1:
I don't have any prior experience in this agric business but I am interested in doing it.How can you help @op?

My details are here so you can either call or pchat. Will attend to your inquiries then you can decide based on your interest mapping
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:07am On Dec 13, 2016
Not good times for egusi sellers. Prices are 24/25k for carry go bags and 28-30k for rebag (UNPEELED WHITE).

Demand has however gone up for the peeled and this should influence prices soon enough.

Strangely, the price of peeled gradually heads north while the price of unpeeled remains stable.

If you have the capacity to peel, you may exit now as demand peaks for the yuletide.

Black peeled egusi now trading at a fair premium and exit should guarantee atleast 30% ROI
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by chinwezita: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
Good evening.. please I need your assistance.... a friend told me about this egusi business and as at August this year I purchased some bags for 14,000 each. as at November I asked her how much a bag was in the market and she told me 16,000. on reading the posts here I feel I'm bn cheated. She stays in taraba state and the egusi is unpleed... iv asked her d size of the bag she purchased for me and she said she's forgotten... please I need your advice... is she bn sincere with d price or I'm bn cheated. Thank you... I just asked her now and she said its dropped to 13k
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
chinwezita:
Good evening.. please I need your assistance.... a friend told me about this egusi business and as at August this year I purchased some bags for 14,000 each. as at November I asked her how much a bag was in the market and she told me 16,000. on reading the posts here I feel I'm bn cheated. She stays in taraba state and the egusi is unpleed... iv asked her d size of the bag she purchased for me and she said she's forgotten... please I need your advice... is she bn sincere with d price or I'm bn cheated. Thank you... I just asked her now and she said its dropped to 13k

You need to confirm which type of egusi you bought (hand peel-able or machine peel-able). Secondly, you need to confirm the current size of the bags they are currently stored in

It is not impossible for prices to dip and rise continually within a cycle so extra care must be taken before arriving at a conclusion
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by chinwezita: 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
Olayimikami:

You need to confirm which type of egusi you bought (hand peel-able or machine peel-able). Secondly, you need to confirm the current size of the bags they are currently stored in

It is not impossible for prices to dip and rise continually within a cycle so extra care must be taken before arriving at a conclusion
Thank you very much. I will find out
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by chinwezita: 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
it's size 27.. she didn't specify if it's hand or machine peel-able... just said it's not peeled
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
chinwezita:
it's size 27.. she didn't specify if it's hand or machine peel-able... just said it's not peeled

If it's the white face, yes the prices have come down so there is really not cause for concern. However size 27 bag at 13k sounds ridiculous though location dependent.

You can wait a little bit longer to exit or you peel and sell to make marginal profit
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by ifeomagodwin75: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
Olayimikami:
Some markets had issues last year however there are various markets in Nasarawa and environs that you can get Egusi. Will be in Keffi if anyone needs assistance in visiting the markets. Please note that prices may increase slightly up to 30k by month end but still hovering between 18k and 25k as at yesterday.
Please sir, I need your contact number to contact you because I'm interested in this business
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
ifeomagodwin75:
Please sir, I need your contact number to contact you because I'm interested in this business

Currently unreachable on my 07054515851 but it should be active once i hit civilisation again hopefully by thursday.

You can pchat and i will add u up via whatsapp.

Egusi season is mid way now though but you can learn and prepare yourself for next season
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2016
anyone who knows dav8id shold tell him to release my bags or refund my money.

last month he asked that i send moneybso he could sell the bagsfor big profit.
After sending it , 1 month later he still hasnt sold them.

i decided to.come to lafia t see the bags and even sell at give away orice as im in urgent need of money.

Now im in lafia for 3days and dav8id is giving excuses why he cant see me. and that non of his agents are not lafia.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
websolushun:

i decided to.come to lafia t see the bags and even sell at give away orice as im in urgent need of money.

Now im in lafia for 3days and dav8id is giving excuses why he cant see me. and that non of his agents are not lafia.

That's the third person complaining now. @dav8id, please come and defend yourself

Will allow him defend himself then i can make comments.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:28am On Dec 28, 2016
websolushun:

I believe you may have been able to settle amicably as @dav8id has refused to comment and you have also been mute.

Please lets have an update asap

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:34am On Dec 28, 2016
You may have noticed i have not updated in a while. Prices have remained constant and stable.

For those who intend to sell their unshelled as is, the best offer i got last week was 25k per bag.

If you do have in any of the markets in nasarawa, preferable with proximity to keffi and it's size 32 bag, i can assist in selling off. Offer is only available for this week
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:39am On Dec 28, 2016
The hand peeled egusi has however done well this year and still stable at 16k a bag, i believe most bought under 12k.

For these type of egusi, i will suggest people hold for a while as it should hit 19k.

16k is however is a threshold price as peeling it will give you roughly 40-45 modu which can be sold for 400-450 per modu

The pessimistic option still arrives at 16k currently so it's worth holding
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 6:47am On Dec 28, 2016
For those who had tried to reach me earlier, i apologise. My line is fully active again and you can reach me now, preferable before 9am or after 9pm. You can always text/pm at any time and i will respond at my convenience

Compliments of the season and do have a fulfilled 2017
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Pavore9: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2017
There is a pending allegation of fraud leveled against dav8id, the creator of this thread and his continued reluctance to address the issue raised has prompted the closure of this thread.

Thie link below is the thread where he has been called out.

https://www.nairaland.com/3535272/dav8id-should-release-egusi-bags

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.