Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70748 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by divineappo(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
Enesi47:
I am looking somebody to follow come over, I mean any lagosian that s into food stuff business
pls, i dont understand your english. what do u mean? am in lagos right now, am based in lagos. i get the product from nassarawa. if want supply to lagos, let me know ur budget price and how many bags u need, u got my email.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Enesi47:
ah guy you Bleep up oooooo, when I called him phone the way he answered me make me know that his is untrustworthy, I am planning to visit nasarawa ending of this month, I will only look for who will direct me
Olayimikami:

Except you have done transaction severally with a third party unknown to you. Do not trust him. I am available in Keffi if you need to visit and purchase your stock.
Please note that if purchasing in volume, it is wiser you pay a visit to Nasarawa before purchase. Egusi get type oooo. Feel free to pchat me and i will respond once available

Thanks for your response.

Right from the start i dav8id sounded arrogant but i just played along.

Please what do guys suggest i do.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
websolushun:

He is says i should pay additional fee and the way and manner he says it pisses me off.

First, I think we all need to have his contact and blacklist if indeed he is fraudulent . Which of the markets did he say he was buying from? What price has he offered? Pchat, it may be possible to locate him
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Enesi47:
I am looking somebody to follow come over, I mean any lagosian that s into food stuff business

@Enesi47: We had earlier communicated on Whatsapp. Currently in lagos but will be back to base by Wednesday.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
From the response I have had thus far, I think it is necessary to tell those going into the venture to do their due diligence b4 proceeding. Like all businesses, it has it ups and downs. Patience is the watchword if you want to make substantial profit otherwise you may regret venturing.

For Lagos markets, preference is for hand peeled and it is priced higher though when unpeeled that variety is priced lower.

Your will enjoy more turnover though with the white, machine peeled Egusi.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by divineappo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
websolushun:

He is says i should pay additional fee and the way and manner he says it pisses me off.
i personally do not think "dav8id" is a fraudulent person(my own opinion). The fact is that, i had talked with him on phone before, he has a very bad attitude and manner in responding to someone on phone sometimes. The last time i called him that my client needed a product, he demanded for service charge(which is not bad), but he said it in a rude & improper manner. I got pissed off. But the truth is that, he is not a fraudulent person, i know someone who had a successful deal with him, he only has some bad manners sometimes.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by danwa25(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
Homoviator:
Nice thread! Please where and
how much can I get a new machine for peeling melon?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Steve97: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
divineappo:
i personally do not think "dav8id" is a fraudulent person(my own opinion). The fact is that, i had talked with him on phone before, he has a very bad attitude and manner in responding to someone on phone sometimes. The last time i called him that my client needed a product, he demanded for service charge(which is not bad), but he said it in a rude & improper manner. I got pissed off. But the truth is that, he is not a fraudulent person, i know someone who had a successful deal with him, he only has some bad manners sometimes.
very bad manners in approaching.. I try chatting wit him ystdy nite fr d first time, if you see hw dis naughty boy sound..mehmm! u ll jst devlp high BP if u hv already Transat wit him
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by divineappo(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Steve97:

very bad manners in approaching.. I try chatting wit him ystdy nite fr d first time, if you see hw dis naughty boy sound..mehmm! u ll jst devlp high BP if u hv already Transat wit him
thats just his problem, he has a attitude problem. May God help him
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Adeika(m): 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
Update me about current prize of 29kg egusi in nasarawa,n Kofi state
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by divineappo(m): 1:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Adeika:
Update me about current prize of 29kg egusi in nasarawa,n Kofi state
I do delivery for 100kg bags of melon to lagos. 55k plus delivery, let me know ur thought
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2016
why would you invest your money with someone that will easily give you high bp?Somebody you dont know.Somebody who can easily run away with your hard earned money in this bad economy.Blame yourself if you loose your money at the end.They are only interested in making their own money.Why not go to the market by yourself and study what is going on.Invest alittle money in first attempt and increase your investment as you get use to the business.Times are hard be very careful.

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Moneyfem: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2016
Pls, the prices of mudu and bag respectively? Let's know the current prices.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:
why would you invest your money with someone that will easily give you high bp?Somebody you dont know.Somebody who can easily run away with your hard earned money in this bad economy.Blame yourself if you loose your money at the end.They are only interested in making their own money.Why not go to the market by yourself and study what is going on.Invest alittle money in first attempt and increase your investment as you get use to the business.Times are hard be very careful.

As suggested earlier. Spending 20k on transportation and lodging for 1 or 2 nights to safe guard your investment is better than just gifting cash. Worst case scenario, the contact will charge you a premium to take you round. Nasarawa is not Borno o for those that are scared.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Moneyfem:
Pls, the prices of mudu and bag respectively? Let's know the current prices.

As at Friday, Nasarawa market @170 per modu ; Gunduma @N130; Kokona @N150. The lowly priced markets obviously have lower quantity available as well.

Bags can come in 100, 120 or 160 modu, the choice is yours.

Note also that price is for white egusi.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Enesi47: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2016
All the way the nasarawa and benue next month to buy egusi egusi and yam inshallah , when I reach there I will surly get some one that will take me round, I can't give my heard earner to any stranger here
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Enesi47: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:
true talk
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Price update at Nasarawa market as at today. Bags sold for btw 24k-26k. Per modu hovers btw N130 - N150.

Only white egusi available in the market today.

For those intending to travel down, feel free to buzz, I will be in Keffi whenever you choose to arrive.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Daniel058(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2016
dav8id:

#120,000
Is there a machine that washes egusi?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Daniel058(m): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2016
jethro2:

Is there market for it over there? We might be able to work something out if the possibility is there. The group farmers that i work with plant melon in large quantity. We also peel and dry to preserve.
oga boss, is there anything like egusi washing machine?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by thinktank2015: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
@olayimikani
Am in Abuja and will be available by month end and will be require ur assistance
But some qtns
Which is easier to sell peeled and unpeeled
I am also interested in the peeling machine if it will increase profit margin
What is the current price now and what is the price during scarcity so I can have a picture of profit margin
How is the storage system and hope yield is good after storage
Also need ur contact so we can move together from Keefi to Lafia
Thks

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by leksonltd: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hello, pls wish to discuss biz with u. Am not very clear about the prices u gave. 07067212010
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by leksonltd: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hello, am also in Abuja, can we meet to discuss biz. Thanks. Am interested my no is 07067212010
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
thinktank2015:
@olayimikani
Am in Abuja and will be available by month end and will be require ur assistance
But some qtns
Which is easier to sell peeled and unpeeled
I am also interested in the peeling machine if it will increase profit margin
What is the current price now and what is the price during scarcity so I can have a picture of profit margin
How is the storage system and hope yield is good after storage
Also need ur contact so we can move together from Keefi to Lafia
Thks

Apologies. Had to go through the maraba nyanyan route today and it was chaotic.

Peeling before selling should give you more profit however most people don't as they experience loss while peeling and cleaning.

If you buy low, you dont need to peel to sell as good profit is assured. I have bags i bought as low as 18k from farmers directly but not everyone gets that opportunity.

The storage system is relatively okay but if you want alternatives to market storage, I can give you options dependent on the quantity you wish to store.

Prices are likely to hit 45-55k this year.

Note: Not all varieties can be sold at the premium price. U can reach me via pchat.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
leksonltd:
Hello, am also in Abuja, can we meet to discuss biz. Thanks. Am interested my no is 07067212010

I have initiated contact, will await your response.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Price update in Nasarawa market as at 26.08.2016

Bags are sold for 26k- 32k depending on the quality of the seed.

Additional cost include bagging @N500, sewing @N150, sack @N170, Laa'da.@ N300.

Storage cost between N500-N1000

All other prices remain constant in Gunduma and Kokona@ N130-N140 per modu

All prices quoted are for white egusi and are unpeeled
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dboss444: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2016
Op please I'll like to know the size of the bag presently egusi is going for 19k for unpeeled melon

www.nairaland.com/3300293/storage-hoarding-bussiness-agriculture
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2016
dboss444:
Op please I'll like to know the size of the bag presently egusi is going for 19k for unpeeled melon

www.nairaland.com/3300293/storage-hoarding-bussiness-agriculture

Jamilu sack (size 32 bag).

Note that i am not talking about the black head egusi but the white face.

Like I earlier said, those prices are for Nasarawa market though Masaka is higher.

Gunduma and Kokona markets still sell for N130-N140 per modu
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2016
Met @leksonltd briefly yesterday. Hopefully we get to see again b4 the week runs out.

@thinktank2015: tried pchatting you. You may wish to reach me on 07054515851 if still interested in going on Thursday or friday
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by omolomolarinero: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Are you interested in venturing into agro-entrepreneurship? Songhai Center is the place to be. Learn the development of integrated programs, resilient and multi-sector, that creates an interrelationship between agriculture, industry and services.

Join a group of inspiring farmers traveling to Songhai to experience first-hand integrated farming at its best on 23rd, 24th and 25th September, 2016 for a weekend of learning integrated farming, networking, relaxation & fun.

Dress code: Cowboy/Cowgirl casuals

Call 0701586695 or 08069726086 for enquiries and bookings

Tour packaged by @geomeridien and proudly supported #AfrcanLeadershipForum #AgribusinessForum

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Olayimikami: 1:18am On Sep 04, 2016
Price update as at friday, 02.09.2016

A bag of size 33 egusi was between N23k-N30k, depending of the quality of the seeds.

Prices are likely to dip slightly next week because of the sallah preparation

All other prices remain constant per modu@ N130.

Gunduma and Kokona market had only the black face egusi @N120 per modu

Peeled egusi @Gunduma was N350 per modu ; @Bwari was N500 per modu and @Doma was N500 per modu

Many thanks to @cupidkc and friends who came around all the way from the east. It was nice having you all around
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Barthiyke(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2016
I love this post and i have been really giving it the best within me.

Question, whats the season or month in a year to buy up produce to stock?

whats the storage formula to be put in place for greater products stored up & be recovered without much loss

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.