Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,709 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married (11087 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / At What Age Will You Get Married According To This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by davidif: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
firstEVA: That's too early if you ask me, what time will you see and 'enjoy' life.

Enjoy life?? Like how? having multiple boyfriends all in the deluded sense of 'experience'.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by davidif: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Tucees: 19 and it almost happened but guys that age or around that age like say 22 don't have marriage on their minds so I was left with having to choose from the 36 upwards age bracket and mum and dad and elder ones gave a big hell NO!! Now that I'm 30 and still single they can't stop breathing down my neck asking me when I wanna get married?? I'm like that was 11 years ago angry

Sorry about that one. I know how you feel. When i was in my undergrad years, my parents were absolutely adamant that i don't date anyone. Now my mom is always bothering me.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by davidif: 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Tucees: I wanted to enjoy and see life with the man I'll marry! I wanted the both of us to go thru it and not one leading the other in the ways of life! The mistakes, the accomplishments and all! I wanted him and me to share that "first time" experience sad now weh my eyes don tear finish what will a man do to amaze me again? Absolutely nothing!!! I've seen it all and that hurts.

Eyah cry pele o.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by DBestDoc(f): 5:44am On Aug 04, 2014
firstEVA: pardon my ignorance but I thought after marriage, babies.

In the Nigerian context.
That's why people get old waiting to be married before they live happily or become fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2014
DBestDoc:

In the Nigerian context.
That's why people get old waiting to be married before they live happily or become fulfilled.
I don't think it's just in the Nigerian context, its the ideal situation, its just unfortunate that everything is turning upside down and inside out all in the name of civilization. I believe a child born in wedlock fares better, my opinion though.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Tucees(f): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2014
donroxy: Good God !

This kinda comment among other comments like this crack me up big time !!

U never can tell what women-folks pass through in the name of searching for Mr right but when you see 'em damsels on the street , they all look like all is well

mehnnn, God go surely bless una with superb final say !
Amen.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by DBestDoc(f): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
firstEVA: I don't think it's just in the Nigerian context, its the ideal situation, its just unfortunate that everything is turning upside down and inside out all in the name of civilization. I believe a child born in wedlock fares better, my opinion though.

Ofcourse you are right but alota women have been left frustrated because of the "i must get married before having kids" mentality and notion they have.

What do you do if the marriage you are waiting for doesn't happen anytime soon? Would you rather waste your fertile and productive years waiting for the man to show up , force yourself into an unhappy marriage or have someone whom you will shower your love and attention on?

I think those who desire to have kids and can give them good upbringing should go ahead and have them whether in or outside marriage. This will reduce the number of desperate and unhappy singles around, atleast they will have something and someone to live for.

My opinion!

5 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
DBestDoc:

Ofcourse you are right but alota women have been left frustrated because of the "i must get married before having kids" mentality and notion they have.

What do you do if the marriage you are waiting for doesn't happen anytime soon? Would you rather waste your fertile and productive years waiting for the man to show up , force yourself into an unhappy marriage or have someone whom you will shower your love and attention on?

I think those who desire to have kids and can give them good upbringing should go ahead and have them whether in or outside marriage. This will reduce the number of desperate and unhappy singles around, atleast they will have something and someone to live for.

My opinion!

you have a point
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2014
esmeralda1: 23, It almost happened but for Nigeria situation undecided
Ehya, sorry oooo.. Don't worry, twill happen before you're 30
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by shitshappen(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
A long time ago, the plan was to graduate at 23 and marry at 25. Well today I'm 29, the irony is that i have the resources. The rest is tales by moon light. Shits really happen

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by MrTeymee(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
Okays Am 18 nOw..shuld graduate @ 20(if ASUU no dO spoil) then marry 28....#sohelpmeGod

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by avuekwe(f): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
I had hoped to settle down at 26 years,everything was on course until he decided that we move it to the end of this year which I agreed to. Mid year, stories started. Whether na jazz person give am, or he did it on purpose, I can't tell but I kip praying to God to touch his mind and give him d courage to do the right and loving thing .

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by esmeralda1(f): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
polymathic:
Ehya, sorry oooo.. Don't worry, twill happen before you're 30
Its not a matter of eeyah sorry ooo, I'm long married hopefully u get married b4 35

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
esmeralda1:
Its not a matter of eeyah sorry ooo, I'm long married hopefully u get married b4 35
oh really? Good to hear that, well I wanna be married at 40 hopefully
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by MRSANITY(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2014
If i had my way, i won't marry, but society will not just allow me be undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Married at 25 and 27 done with childbirth... Time for masters and PHD... *no regrets.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by woky: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tucees: I wanted to enjoy and see life with the man I'll marry! I wanted the both of us to go thru it and not one leading the other in the ways of life! The mistakes, the accomplishments and all! I wanted him and me to share that "first time" experience sad now weh my eyes don tear finish what will a man do to amaze me again? Absolutely nothing!!! I've seen it all and that hurts.
Lol! cheesy but there ar still many amazing things you have no Idea of.. cheesy
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by jnrbayano(m): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
31years

smiley
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by 2sa2: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Lilbeckiez: 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
18-I hope it happens!
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by SenatorJames(m): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2014
I thought marriage is also enjoyable, if done right coupled with God's grace.
firstEVA: That's too early if you ask me, what time will you see and 'enjoy' life.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by SenatorJames(m): 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
27-29. May God help someone in this country Nigeria.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
50 yrs.Dont ask why.Am married and I know why I said 50[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
SenatorJames: I thought marriage is also enjoyable, if done right coupled with God's grace.
the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct, i dont think it is wise for a girl to marry at the age of 18 for example.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by qoonlay(m): 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
MRSANITY: If i had my way, i won't marry, but society will not just allow me be undecided
seconded
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by deols(f): 2:26am On Aug 29, 2014
30 is fine
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Kunbee: 5:45am On Aug 29, 2014
6-8 grin
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Akpaumuaka: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by perry2020(f): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wanted to get married at 22-23(finished uni 19 and had a very gud paying job in fact my dream job) bt as my lyf followed gods plans not my plan am close to 40 single(best reasons known to me) and not regretting coz I think am better off this way and have peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by BluStreak(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
26 actually so that by 29 - 30 I would have been done with my kids (2 for dat matter) spaced 3yrs apart.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Sons First Birthday Celebration / I Was Deceived / Adoption From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.