Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married (11236 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / At What Age Will You Get Married According To This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by izaray(f): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
hehe dre is ntn btwn us.But samakinr is my bestie
Abi..no qualms dear!
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
izaray:
Abi..no qualms dear!
na youngpo dy do strong head.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Youngpo413: 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
hehe dre is ntn btwn us.But samakinr is my bestie

hmmm
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Youngpo413:

hmmm
y hmmm.Dnt tel me u'r jealous.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Youngpo413: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
y hmmm.Dnt tel me u'r jealous.

ah ah,my sweet angel,pls am not,hehehehe...by the way how are you today?
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
Youngpo413:

ah ah,my sweet angel,pls am not,hehehehe...by the way how are you today?
am gud.I snt u a msg.Go and check ur email.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Youngpo413: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
am gud.I snt u a msg.Go and check ur email.

all right my love.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
Youngpo413:

all right my love.
tnx
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
26 cheesy
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Truckpusher(m): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Tashamania:
26 cheesy
And you're already feeling 30? undecided
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
And you're already feeling 30? undecided

grin I'm not. Truckpusher, mind yourself oh grin
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Truckpusher(m): 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
Tashamania:

grin I'm not. Truckpusher, mind yourself oh grin
E pain her. grin tongue

This is what old age does to you - Unnecessary display of anger cheesy

Old age syndrome tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
E pain her. grin tongue

This is what old age does to you - Unnecessary display of anger cheesy

Old age syndrome tongue

what kind of human being is this? grin

if nobe say I like you ehhnn, I for give you one curse wey be your size this evening grin
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by cherryice(f): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
Am happy the way I am. Dont need marrriage for anything
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by gidjah(m): 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
THIS ONE IS D WOMENS SHOW,ITS THEIR THING
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by gidjah(m): 9:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Tucees:
19 and it almost happened but guys that age or around that age like say 22 don't have marriage on their minds so I was left with having to choose from the 36 upwards age bracket and mum and dad and elder ones gave a big hell NO!! Now that I'm 30 and still single they can't stop breathing down my neck asking me when I wanna get married?? I'm like that was 11 years ago angry
YOU ARE NOT FUNNY DEAR!
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 30, 2014
Many of u who said age 20-25, in europe ppl would look at u like at weirdos. For me its really strange as well. Dont u have dreams? Dont u want to study, find a gud job, travel? I suppose your purpose in this life is to get husband and multiply. The point of life
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by beeevan: 7:14am On Oct 30, 2014
voodoo85:
Many of u who said age 20-25, in europe ppl would look at u like at weirdos. For me its really strange as well. Dont u have dreams? Dont u want to study, find a gud job, travel? I suppose your purpose in this life is to get husband and multiply. The point of life

Don't married people study, work at jobs, travel and still cuddle their husbands and kids at night after a hard days job or are you telling us that the one that goes back to an empty house is better off. If you wish to travel and study for the better half of your youthful life, what makes you think is wrong for another to intend to study, travel and still multiply as you termed it?

There is no right or wrong, it's whatever rocks ones boat. The Europe you mentioned, aren't there women and men under 25 who are married there? Some chose to settle down when there is a large pool of potential spouse to select from not when they are withering. Some are juggling all balls academics, job and marriage at once. Waiting till 35 to marry doesn't necessarily mean your money must have grown like grass by then. One size can never fit all, chose the route that suit you most and let others do the same.You can only criticize after you have spent your youthful years traveling, studying, dreaming, working and still landed the man of your dreams in your 40s while having your dream number of kids without assisted reproduction .

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2014
LaRoyalHighness:
Married at 25 and 27 done with childbirth... Time for masters and PHD... *no regrets.

Sweet

@OP: 24, married 25+
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2014
deols:
30 is fine

Longest time

Where have you been?
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2014
beeevan:

Don't married people study, work at jobs, travel and still cuddle their husbands and kids at night after a hard days job or are you telling us that the one that goes back to an empty house is better off. If you wish to travel and study for the better half of your youthful life, what makes you think is wrong for another to intend to study, travel and still multiply as you termed it?

There is no right or wrong, it's whatever rocks ones boat. The Europe you mentioned, aren't there women and men under 25 who are married there? Some chose to settle down when there is a large pool of potential spouse to select from not when they are withering. Some are juggling all balls academics, job and marriage at once. Waiting till 35 to marry doesn't necessarily mean your money must have grown like grass by then. One size can never fit all, chose the route that suit you most and let others do the same.You can only criticize after you have spent your youthful years traveling, studying, dreaming, working and still landed the man of your dreams in your 40s while having your dream number of kids without assisted reproduction .

beevan ti binu tongue

I agree with you that one can juggle it all (apart from our little disagreement of school or no school grin). However, I would rather do Omotola's than Genny's style agewise.

If one plans well you have more time building a career or whatever after kids if you marry early than building first and marrying later.

Besides, most people still single (ladies and guys) did not set out to marry late and are not really building anything. Most of the top people career & enterpreneur wise in Nigeria today are actually married/divorced with kids.

In Nigeria, we have it easier support systemwise and no serious minded person would say marriage is a show stopper.

We all want different things in life
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by beeevan: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2014
bukatyne:

beevan ti binu tongue

I agree with you that one can juggle it all (apart from our little disagreement of school or no school grin). However, I would rather do Omotola's than Genny's style agewise.

If one plans well you have more time building a career or whatever after kids if you marry early than building first and marrying later.

Besides, most people still single (ladies and guys) did not set out to marry late and are not really building anything. Most of the top people career & enterpreneur wise in Nigeria today are actually married/divorced with kids.

In Nigeria, we have it easier support systemwise and no serious minded person would say marriage is a show stopper.

You are very on point, Jenny style no fall into marriage category at all, nah just unfortunate incident that nudged her to her destiny. I totally agree with you because am yet to see what the single ones are building that the married ones are not building too. Tell me that you haven't found the right one or have no interest in marriage at all and i will understand but telling me you are single because you are building heaven on earth, I will simply cheesy tongue undecided.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2014
beeevan:

I did travel i did study and working a gud job and married. Next year planning a baby. And am not 40 or 30. And now i can afford kid's private schools and everything else kid needs,without thinking how to meet the ends. And my kid now will get all my attention becauae i will not be juggling between home, academics and work like insane squirrel.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2014
bukatyne:

beevan ti binu tongue

I would like to hear how exactly nigerian governent is helping young families? Maternity leave length, pay per child etc.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2014
voodoo85:

I would like to hear how exactly nigerian governent is helping young families? Maternity leave length, pay per child etc.

And how does Nigerian Government help singles?

How many singles do you know at the top of their career or even a notable personality in their fields?

Most singles are not building anything! Resources, not meeting the 'right' person or not interested in marriage is more like it.

I can get relations, sisters, brothers or neighbors to help me watch my kids while I go about my work/schooling/business if I am not inclined to nannies or registering them in a crèche.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2014
voodoo85:

I did travel i did study and working a gud job and married. Next year planning a baby. And am not 40 or 30. And now i can afford kid's private schools and everything else kid needs, without thinking how to meet the ends. And my kid now will get all my attention becauae i will not be juggling between home, academics and work like insane squirrel.

You are not serious at all cheesy

You did not marry late and you are encouraging others to do so. Besides not everyone will have much even if they work for 10yrs before getting married.

Did you stop working or are you now working from home?
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2014
bukatyne:

You are not serious at all cheesy

You did not marry late and you are encouraging others to do so. Besides not everyone will have much even if they work for 10yrs before getting married.

Did you stop working or are you now working from home?

Well am not pregnant yet am i? So am working as normal. 28 to marry i consider is perfect age.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2014
bukatyne:

And how does Nigerian Government help singles?

How many singles do you know at the top of their career or even a notable personality in their fields?

Most singles are not building anything! Resources, not meeting the 'right' person or not interested in marriage is more like it.

I can get relations, sisters, brothers or neighbors to help me watch my kids while I go about my work/schooling/business if I am not inclined to nannies or registering them in a crèche.

What if its jst u and your husband ? No grannies no sisters etc. U would leave your 1 year old to stranger? I doubt that
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2014
voodoo85:

Well am not pregnant yet am i? So am working as normal. 28 to marry i consider is perfect age.

Ok, though some people achieved at 24 what you achieved/achieving now at 28

You are married now at 28; do you want to defer childbearing or intend to stop working when you want to start having kids?
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2014
voodoo85:

What if its jst u and your husband ? No grannies no sisters etc. U would leave your 1 year old to stranger? I doubt that

It can happen to me when I am 23 or 33/43 so I prefer juggling it all and running about in my 20s than later.
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2014
beeevan:

You are very on point, Jenny style no fall into marriage category at all, nah just unfortunate incident that nudged her to her destiny. I totally agree with you because am yet to see what the single ones are building that the married ones are not building too. Tell me that you haven't found the right one or have no interest in marriage at all and i will understand but telling me you are single because you are building heaven on earth, I will simply cheesy tongue undecided.

LOL @ building grin
Re: If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2014
bukatyne:

Ok, though some people achieved at 24 what you achieved/achieving now at 28

You are married now at 28; do you want to defer childbearing or intend to stop working when you want to start having kids?

Very rare ppl achieved money am getting at my age. Am planning to stay with kid for few years and than send to nursary. My husband says he would want to do paternaty leave as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / For Married and soon to be married Men / Is Being A "good" Wife Enough To Keep A Man ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.