Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20952 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Segadem(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
toptechorder: @MAZAJE,no one had been abusing ur religion since,so if you wonna abuse,dnt abuse Islam,abuse d person talking to u,Islam Is perfect but we people r nt perfect,Islam is d only way to GOD paradise,my fellow nairalander,accept Islam and be free from all confusion cos quran says:

And whoever desires other than Islam as
religion - never will it be accepted
from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will
be among the losers.
[Quran 3:85]
Please repent before its too late...
Please with due respect can u tell me where is d man credited to this statement (I mean MUHAMMED ),dead and buried like any other person and no single prophecy about him before his birth or about his ministry except 1John and the book of Revelation which he did very WELL by antagonizing every action of CHRIST.

NO single world's belief or religion has be able to deny the fact that JESUS came from GOD to this earth (through a miraculous birth which no one has ever achieve ) and no one has been able to deny his ascension back to GOD (even your quran confirms it )

"John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Now, concerning your quote, are you saying GOD will now tell JESUS don't worry I have seen another avenue whereby men can be saved?
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

JESUS is in heaven right now and HE promised he is coming back no prophet of old that is sent by GOD still alive till today except JESUS.

ACCEPT HIM TODAY AND U WILL NEVER REGRET U DID!
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by vivilicious(f): 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
cool[/quote]During the translation to Latin , the Catholic church deliberately inserted some outright errors to support their myths such as the Trinity , Hell etc.

Were u dere wn d catholic church was inserting d "errors" of trinity and hell? Did u even see d original manuscript to know dat trinity and hell is not contained in it.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Adek15(m): 12:06am On Aug 05, 2014
myproperty: some muslims on this site called the quran a perfect book and they say the Bible is full of errors, some even asked that errors should be pointed outin the Quran. i would point some out but before i do that i want to say something about the origin of the bible and Quran
1. The Bible said it was written by men through the inspiration of the Holy spirit . biblical accounts where written by different individuals. The Bible did not lie about the authors.
1b. The Quran said it came from God and the muslims says it does not contain errors.They claim it is a perfect book.
My conclusion is that anything that comes directly from God would be perfect and if there are contradiction and falsehood in such a book it did not come direct from God. the bible maybe excused from this because it had made in clear that man is the medium of whivh the Bible came to be and some portion talked about what some individuals actually did.
Over 90% Muslims canot talk about the Quran because they canot read it not to talk about what is in the Quran.

IS THE QURAN DIRECTLY FROM GOD OR IS IT A PERFECT BOOK?

1. The quran claims the jews kill their prophets. which prophets did the jews kill since the Quran claims that Jesus Christ was not killed.

Indignity is put over them wherever they may be, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah, and from men; they have drawn on themselves the Wrath of Allah, and destruction is put over them. This is because they disbelieved in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets without right. This is because they disobeyed (Allah) and used to transgress beyond bounds (in Allah's disobedience, crimes and sins). S. 3:112

Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: "Truly, Allah is poor and we are rich!" We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: "Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire)." S. 3:181

In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews allegedly killed? Is it a case of hatred for thr Jews or is that of a false accussation or that of a lie. I need an answer.

2.Who was the first Muslim according to the quran.
The Prophet of Islam said he is the 1st Muslem:
He hath no associate. This am I commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims. S. 6:163

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12
[/i]

Abraham,Ishmael,Jacob and Jesus Christ lived and died many years before the Prophet of Islam. Infact Abraham,Ishmael and Jacob lived more than 2000years before the prophet of islam and the Quran claims they were also muslims and yet still claims that the prophet of Islam is the first Muslim.

[i]And when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations of the House: Our Lord! accept from us; surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing: Our Lord! and make us both submissive (muslimayni) to Thee and (raise) from our offspring a nation submitting (ommatan muslimatan) to Thee, and show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully), surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. Our Lord! and raise up in them an Apostle from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise. And who forsakes the religion of Ibrahim but he who makes himself a fool, and most certainly We chose him in this world, and in the hereafter he is most surely among the righteous. When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim (aslim), he said: I submit myself (aslamtu) to the Lord of the worlds. And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims (illa waantum muslimoona). Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your God and the God of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one God only, and to Him do we submit (wanahnu lahu muslimoona). S. 2:127-133 Shakir

When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims. S. 3:52

what is really happening in the Quran? But we know that Islam came about 800years after christianity, how come the Quranic claims? May God help us.

3.Allah, Adam and the Angels.
The Quran has a lot to say about the relation between Allah, Adam, the angels and Satan. In fact, some of what the Quran says regarding these persons or entities raises a series of questions and comments.

And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy (khaleefatan) in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not. And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. They said: Be glorified! We have no knowledge saving that which Thou hast taught us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower, the Wise. He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names, and when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not tell you that I know the secret of the heavens and the earth? And I know that which ye disclose and which ye hide. And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever. And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. S. 2:30-38

The above passage brings up several questions. First, how did the angels know what the condition of man would be prior to his creation? Where did they get the idea that man would be a violent creature? Who told them? The text doesn’t say anything about Allah giving them this piece of information. Are angels omniscient?

Secondly, Allah secretly teaches Adam unspecified names in order to silence the angels for complaining against man. Was it not unfair for Allah to teach Adam these names and then proceed to challenge the angels to do likewise? Does Allah have to use deception and lies in order to vindicate himself against the charges brought against Adam by the angels (charges which turned out to be correct)? Is it not obvious that Adam would have been just as ignorant as the angels were regarding these things had it not been for Allah teaching him? What kind of vindication is this seeing that Adam only knew of these names because Allah taught him, whereas the angels were ignorant because Allah hadn't taught them these things?

And how does the naming of things justify the creation of man despite all the evil and violence he will commit? After all, if there is a superior value in humans that justifies their creation, despite their violent and sinful behavior, then it should be stated in a clear way instead of using deceptive tricks that hardly show the superiority of humans. Allah could have taught those names to anyone. This act of teaching man to name all things does not provide a sufficient reason at all why humans should be created despite the fact that they will shed blood. Allah could have simply taught those names to the angels, and then somebody would know them (if that was the objective), without there being bloodshed. So what is the point of the story, really?

Thirdly, after using deception to silence the angels Allah then proceeds to command the angels to worship the man. This command to worship was obviously the result of the man having bested them by naming the things which Allah had personally taught him. We therefore need to ask, why make angels worship Adam for being able to name things that they couldn't when the man only knew these names as a result of Allah having taught them to him? And why is Allah commanding them to bow down to Adam, a creature, when it is absolutely forbidden to do so in Islam? If it is argued that the prostration signified respect and not worship then why are such acts of respect forbidden in Islam today? It is obvious that Allah, unlike the true God of the Holy Bible, is always changing his mind and commands as time goes by.

Fourth, Iblis or Satan is blamed for not worshiping Adam even though the command was given to angels. According to the Quran, Iblis isn't an angel, but rather he is said to be a jinn:

And when We said to the angels, 'Bow yourselves to Adam'; so they bowed themselves, save Iblis; he was one of the jinn, and committed ungodliness against his Lord's command. What, and do you take him and his seed to be your friends, apart from Me, and they an enemy to you? How evil is that exchange for the evildoers! S. 18:50

4.Heaven or Earth, which was created first?

He it is Who hath created for you all that is on earth.
Then He turned to the heaven, and made them into seven heavens. -- Sura 2:29
Sura 41:9-12 also gives details on the creation process and confirms that the earth was created first and then the heavens.
But then we read also:

Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built?
He raised the height thereof and ordered it;
and He has made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof.
And after that, He spread out the earth. -- Sura 79:27-30

here it claims the heaven was created first after then the earth.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART , I WOULD COME BACK FOR MORE, I HAVE OVER 100 POINTS TO SHOW IN THE QURAN.
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOT TO HAVE ATTACKED THE BIBLE AND SHOULD HAVE HAD RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES BELIEVE.
wow!! Interesting, I'm a Muslim and will continue to be till death by Allah's grace.... But I love knowledgeable people and I wish I'm that knowledgeable in Islam specifically. Anyway I'll like a knowledgeable person in Islam to reply this guy so I can learn
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Weah96: 5:16am On Aug 05, 2014
Segadem: dead and buried like any other person and no single prophecy about him before his birth or about his ministry

There's no prophecy in the Torah about Jesus either. That would explain why he was tortured to death. Blasphemy was a serious offense back then, just like it is today in Muslim countries.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
yemaldo:
this Matthew 11:14-15 New King James
Version (NKJV)
And if you are willing to receive it, he
is Elijah who is to come. He who has
ears to hear, let him hear!
but if u read my quote very well,they ask John if he is Elijah he said no and they ask him if he is d prophet he also said no,so it's obvious that Elijah and the prophet are two different people
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
[

quote author=yemaldo]
this Matthew 11:14-15 New King James
Version (NKJV)
And if you are willing to receive it, he
is Elijah who is to come. He who has
ears to hear, let him hear!
but if u read my quote very well,they ask John if he is Elijah he said no and they ask him if he is d prophet he also said no,so it's obvious that Elijah and the prophet are two different people[/quote] Like i said earlier in my post if you had cared to conscientiously read it. John the Baptist was a man-he had limited knowledge(it may not have been revealed to him that he was Elijah, if you understand what i mean.)I had rather believe the word of Christ than the perceived conclusion of a fellow man,ok?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by madomite(m): 12:37am On Aug 06, 2014
HOLY BOOK INERRANCY
All this you all have said doesn't change the existence of the Almighty God and whatever you say or do about any book doesn't make him less a God. Bible is full of Errors, Quran is Full of Errors, this is falacy, that is the Truth. Argument here and there doesn't make God less a God. A book Is said to be inspired by God and your main aim is to look for the fact to disprove it or not?. For the fact that it is addressed to The God that Created the Heaven an earth nd everytin dat is therein should make you revere him and watch what you say, write or say about him or any Materials Addressed to Him. God doesn't support what is Evil. If any of the Holy book is falsified and God chose to still use it for his wonders and signs which were proved not only by the testimony of one Person but over Millions of People, then you shoud know there is something unique about such a Holybook, that Goes beyond Human undastanding, be it Bible or Quran or anyother materials addressed to God. And if something goes beyond human undastandin that means, it takes morethan human knowledge to find your fact and answers. I never asked a man why is it that the Bible is full of errors, my question is Directed to God, and i received my answers whenever i ask, why not do the same and stop destroying lifes by what is not right or wrong.

To fellow Christians; if you don't have the spirit of Truth in you which is the Holy spirit, you are prone to believe in lies and follow anymeans prepared by the spirit of Error made to beguile Human and even when you have the answer you might not believe it. This is to show that satan is not relenting to bring many to pedition. And you all are at that stage when you will have to choose either to be loyal to God as your God and follow him even if there is error in is inspired Book or not(unconditionally) or regect him because of mere error.
I faced it and i overcame by the Spirit of Truth from Jesus. You should be able to discern what and who is speakin or writing to you, not only in a book you read but also in everything including T.V programs and films. Even while reading this, you should open the eyes and mind of your spirit to know what is comin out of what you are reading.

The Bible is inspired by God not Writen by God just like you were all inspired to write your Songs and Books. Before anything is made publish it goes through error check and still it is not error free. Why not try to get the message and leave the error out of it. Didn't you made error while even writing your Notes but your message was passed to all that read. And you fail to realise that most of the writer were not like of this Generation, if you want the real Bible book without error, you can travel back in time. The writers have made a very Good effort to Make this sacred Books available to us even to this Generation even after centuries upon centuries, isn't that amazing enough than finding Errors in them i see it as the work of the Devil to trap you and I and i Pray we don't fall in this trap.

If God want to communicate to us he has his means, if he decides not to use d books in Bible or Quran, he uses other means like novel, film etc.. All this were inspired but by Who? By God or Devil. That is the question you and I should be asking and that is why you need that spirit of Truth to Discern what is Of God or the Devil and rebuke what is not of God.
Even in the errors that is published as Errors, i can see the Light and message that God is planning to pass to us but not the errors.

Am not asking you to believe me on this but believe Your spirit man (Gut). Get and obey the message not look for errors. God bless You all.

To all muslims and other religion what is sacred to you is sacred to us, if not all of us but still i parsonally Beg you to return the gesture. The Bible is very sacred to us as much as the Quran or other Holybook is to you, Please let Help ourself make these Holy books remain Sacred and stop the criticism. God will take us to that eternity and show us the True way to Eternal Life by Allahs mercy the most merciful and In Jesus Mighty Name.

Please ignore my errors but Get my Message ooo.. LOLZ. Please share!!! God bless You
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by akandejames: 2:06am On Aug 06, 2014
myproperty: some muslims on this site called the quran a perfect book and they say the Bible is full of errors, some even asked that errors should be pointed outin the Quran. i would point some out but before i do that i want to say something about the origin of the bible and Quran
1. The Bible said it was written by men through the inspiration of the Holy spirit . biblical accounts where written by different individuals. The Bible did not lie about the authors.
1b. The Quran said it came from God and the muslims says it does not contain errors.They claim it is a perfect book.
My conclusion is that anything that comes directly from God would be perfect and if there are contradiction and falsehood in such a book it did not come direct from God. the bible maybe excused from this because it had maddid e in clear that man is the medium of whivh the Bible came to be and some portion talked about what some individuals actually did.
Over 90% Muslims canot talk about the Quran because they canot read it not to talk about what is in the Quran.

IS THE QURAN DIRECTLY FROM GOD OR IS IT A PERFECT BOOK?

1. The quran claims the jews kill their prophets. which prophets did the jews kill since the Quran claims that Jesus Christ was not killed.

Indignity is put over them wherever they may be, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah, and from men; they have drawn on themselves the Wrath of Allah, and destruction is put over them. This is because they disbelieved in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets without right. This is because they disobeyed (Allah) and used to transgress beyond bounds (in Allah's disobedience, crimes and sins). S. 3:112

Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: "Truly, Allah is poor and we are rich!" We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: "Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire)." S. 3:181

In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews allegedly killed? Is it a case of hatred for thr Jews or is that of a false accussation or that of a lie. I need an answer.

2.Who was the first Muslim according to the quran.
The Prophet of Islam said he is the 1st Muslem:
He hath no associate. This am I commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims. S. 6:163

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12
[/i]

Abraham,Ishmael,Jacob and Jesus Christ lived and died many years before the Prophet of Islam. Infact Abraham,Ishmael and Jacob lived more than 2000years before the prophet of islam and the Quran claims they were also muslims and yet still claims that the prophet of Islam is the first Muslim.

[i]And when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations of the House: Our Lord! accept from us; surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing: Our Lord! and make us both submissive (muslimayni) to Thee and (raise) from our offspring a nation submitting (ommatan muslimatan) to Thee, and show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully), surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. Our Lord! and raise up in them an Apostle from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise. And who forsakes the religion of Ibrahim but he who makes himself a fool, and most certainly We chose him in this world, and in the hereafter he is most surely among the righteous. When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim (aslim), he said: I submit myself (aslamtu) to the Lord of the worlds. And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims (illa waantum muslimoona). Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your God and the God of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one God only, and to Him do we submit (wanahnu lahu muslimoona). S. 2:127-133 Shakir

When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims. S. 3:52

what is really happening in the Quran? But we know that Islam came about 800years after christianity, how come the Quranic claims? May God help us.

3.Allah, Adam and the Angels.
The Quran has a lot to say about the relation between Allah, Adam, the angels and Satan. In fact, some of what the Quran says regarding these persons or entities raises a series of questions and comments.

And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy (khaleefatan) in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not. And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. They said: Be glorified! We have no knowledge saving that which Thou hast taught us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower, the Wise. He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names, and when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not tell you that I know the secret of the heavens and the earth? And I know that which ye disclose and which ye hide. And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever. And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. S. 2:30-38

The above passage brings up several questions. First, how did the angels know what the condition of man would be prior to his creation? Where did they get the idea that man would be a violent creature? Who told them? The text doesn’t say anything about Allah giving them this piece of information. Are angels omniscient?

Secondly, Allah secretly teaches Adam unspecified names in order to silence the angels for complaining against man. Was it not unfair for Allah to teach Adam these names and then proceed to challenge the angels to do likewise? Does Allah have to use deception and lies in order to vindicate himself against the charges brought against Adam by the angels (charges which turned out to be correct)? Is it not obvious that Adam would have been just as ignorant as the angels were regarding these things had it not been for Allah teaching him? What kind of vindication is this seeing that Adam only knew of these names because Allah taught him, whereas the angels were ignorant because Allah hadn't taught them these things?

And how does the naming of things justify the creation of man despite all the evil and violence he will commit? After all, if there is a superior value in humans that justifies their creation, despite their violent and sinful behavior, then it should be stated in a clear way instead of using deceptive tricks that hardly show the superiority of humans. Allah could have taught those names to anyone. This act of teaching man to name all things does not provide a sufficient reason at all why humans should be created despite the fact that they will shed blood. Allah could have simply taught those names to the angels, and then somebody would know them (if that was the objective), without there being bloodshed. So what is the point of the story, really?

Thirdly, after using deception to silence the angels Allah then proceeds to command the angels to worship the man. This command to worship was obviously the result of the man having bested them by naming the things which Allah had personally taught him. We therefore need to ask, why make angels worship Adam for being able to name things that they couldn't when the man only knew these names as a result of Allah having taught them to him? And why is Allah commanding them to bow down to Adam, a creature, when it is absolutely forbidden to do so in Islam? If it is argued that the prostration signified respect and not worship then why are such acts of respect forbidden in Islam today? It is obvious that Allah, unlike the true God of the Holy Bible, is always changing his mind and commands as time goes by.

Fourth, Iblis or Satan is blamed for not worshiping Adam even though the command was given to angels. According to the Quran, Iblis isn't an angel, but rather he is said to be a jinn:

And when We said to the angels, 'Bow yourselves to Adam'; so they bowed themselves, save Iblis; he was one of the jinn, and committed ungodliness against his Lord's command. What, and do you take him and his seed to be your friends, apart from Me, and they an enemy to you? How evil is that exchange for the evildoers! S. 18:50

4.Heaven or Earth, which was created first?

He it is Who hath created for you all that is on earth.
Then He turned to the heaven, and made them into seven heavens. -- Sura 2:29
Sura 41:9-12 also gives details on the creation process and confirms that the earth was created first and then the heavens.
But then we read also:

Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built?
He raised the height thereof and ordered it;
and He has made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof.
And after that, He spread out the earth. -- Sura 79:27-30

here it claims the heaven was created first after then the earth.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART , I WOULD COME BACK FOR MORE, I HAVE OVER 100 POINTS TO SHOW IN THE QURAN.
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOT TO HAVE ATTACKED THE BIBLE AND SHOULD HAVE HAD RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES BELIEVE.

Seriously, i would have loved to tackle your all questions in shaa Allah, all i mean and give you the befitting answers but for the following reasons:

1. Nairaland is not the appropriate forum or channel to handle this very sensitive issue for the sole purpose of properly re-educating you. No private chats, frequent derailment and each questions raised won't be dealt with properly in minutes if we are truly sincere about solution and not just argument...

2. Your tone and language suggests you really opened up the Qur'an to find errors and not really understand it. So no matter how many people put the right perspective to you, your mindset will remain the same. In Islam, Scholars are those in position to take on this kinds of issues and Muslims are encouraged to be either scholars, student of knowledge or seeker of truth via questioning but never to be an ignorant person. Given this premise, i could go all the way clipping videos of question and answer sessions of renowned scholars who have answered all these questions over and over again but would you even check them out?
You claimed no prophets were killed, wasn't Zachariah and John the baptist (Yahya...PBUT) murdered by the Jews? Wasn't the life of Jesus and Muhammad attempted by the Jews (according to islamic belief). These are just few cases and like i said you need to change you intention of studying the qur'an else talking to you is just a waste of time. it may not benefit you and time is money.

3. The Qur'an has made many claims and a peculiar one is It's originality and protection from CHANGE. Allah challenges those in doubt in Qur'an [17:88], [11:13] and [2:23]. It's still open till today and all we do is discredit Allah, the Messengers and their books. In the light of this, the Qur'an is the only book in the world memorized by millions of people word for word showing their collective belief and acceptance of it authenticity while the bible doesn't even come close. God doesn't confuse us, He is a God of orderliness, hence the uniformity and universality of Islam. Does the orderliness not amaze you or are just jealous of Islam? Note... Muslims are different from Islam. Islam is perfect, muslim's ain't so put the blames where they belong...

4. You claimed Qur'an copied the previous books? That's lame because all the books came from one Author, Allah.

[003:003] It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'ân) to you (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Taurât (Torah) and the Injîl (Gospel)

However, 4 books were given out. One to each of the Prophets David(Daud)- Zabur, Moses (Musa) - Tawrah, Jesus (Eesa) - Injeel and Muhammad (Al-Qur'an) (Peace be upon them). However, Tawrah was hidden and you were given Talmud so was Injeel hidden and you were given Bible. But because He loves us mankind, He deemed it fit to protect the Final Revelation despite the attempt to discredit it.

[015:009] Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'ân) and surely We will guard it (from corruption)

In conclusion, i can't help you if you don't wanna help yourself by asking from those who really have the knowledge. If you really wan't answers and you are ready to seek the truth, contact me on akande.james1@gmail.com (no spamming and be decent in your tone/choice of words pls) and Allah knows best!....
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by myproperty(m): 12:54am On Aug 07, 2014
akandejames:

Seriously, i would have loved to tackle your all questions in shaa Allah, all i mean and give you the befitting answers but for the following reasons:

1. Nairaland is not the appropriate forum or channel to handle this very sensitive issue for the sole purpose of properly re-educating you. No private chats, frequent derailment and each questions raised won't be dealt with properly in minutes if we are truly sincere about solution and not just argument...

2. Your tone and language suggests you really opened up the Qur'an to find errors and not really understand it. So no matter how many people put the right perspective to you, your mindset will remain the same. In Islam, Scholars are those in position to take on this kinds of issues and Muslims are encouraged to be either scholars, student of knowledge or seeker of truth via questioning but never to be an ignorant person. Given this premise, i could go all the way clipping videos of question and answer sessions of renowned scholars who have answered all these questions over and over again but would you even check them out?
You claimed no prophets were killed, wasn't Zachariah and John the baptist (Yahya...PBUT) murdered by the Jews? Wasn't the life of Jesus and Muhammad attempted by the Jews (according to islamic belief). These are just few cases and like i said you need to change you intention of studying the qur'an else talking to you is just a waste of time. it may not benefit you and time is money.

3. The Qur'an has made many claims and a peculiar one is It's originality and protection from CHANGE. Allah challenges those in doubt in Qur'an [17:88], [11:13] and [2:23]. It's still open till today and all we do is discredit Allah, the Messengers and their books. In the light of this, the Qur'an is the only book in the world memorized by millions of people word for word showing their collective belief and acceptance of it authenticity while the bible doesn't even come close. God doesn't confuse us, He is a God of orderliness, hence the uniformity and universality of Islam. Does the orderliness not amaze you or are just jealous of Islam? Note... Muslims are different from Islam. Islam is perfect, muslim's ain't so put the blames where they belong...

4. You claimed Qur'an copied the previous books? That's lame because all the books came from one Author, Allah.

[003:003] It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'ân) to you (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Taurât (Torah) and the Injîl (Gospel)

However, 4 books were given out. One to each of the Prophets David(Daud)- Zabur, Moses (Musa) - Tawrah, Jesus (Eesa) - Injeel and Muhammad (Al-Qur'an) (Peace be upon them). However, Tawrah was hidden and you were given Talmud so was Injeel hidden and you were given Bible. But because He loves us mankind, He deemed it fit to protect the Final Revelation despite the attempt to discredit it.

[015:009] Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'ân) and surely We will guard it (from corruption)

In conclusion, i can't help you if you don't wanna help yourself by asking from those who really have the knowledge. If you really wan't answers and you are ready to seek the truth, contact me on akande.james1@gmail.com (no spamming and be decent in your tone/choice of words pls) and Allah knows best!....

I love your statement that muslims are not suppose to be ignorant but more than 80% muslims are ignorant of the content or never read the Quran and understand it.

Nevertheless to your respond to my post. First I never said no Jewish prophet was killed but I said; ( In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews allegedly killed? Is it a case of hatred for thr Jews or is that of a false accussation or that of a lie. I need an answer.)

The Qur'an did not mention a single prophet that was killed by the Jews but yet it accused the Jews of killing many of their Prophets. Interestingly you could not give evidence from the Qur'an. The only Zechariah mentioned in the Qur'an was the father of John the Babtist. That means you have to rely on the Bible for your information, no problem. Let me inform you that Prophet Zechariah's death and who ordered is killing is recorded in the book of

''…21So they conspired against him and at the command of the king they stoned him to death in the court of the house of the LORD. 22Thus Joash the king did not remember the kindness which his father Jehoiada had shown him, but he murdered his son.'' And as he died he said, "May the LORD see and avenge!" (2chronicles chapter 24:21-22 ).

The King gave the order for him to be killed and secodly John the Babtist was murdered by King Herod on the request of Herodias ( when are daughter ask her what to request from the king). Who was King Herod http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/263437/Herod......Herod was born in southern Palestine. His father, Antipater, was an Edomite (an Arab from the region between the Dead Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba). Antipater was a man of great influence and wealth who increased both by marrying the daughter of a noble from Petra (in southwestern Jordan), at that time the capital of the rising Nabataean kingdom. Thus, Herod was, although a practicing Jew, of Arab origin on both sides.

Now to this statement you made or quoted
(However, 4 books were given out. One to each of the Prophets David(Daud)- Zabur, Moses (Musa) - Tawrah, Jesus (Eesa) - Injeel and Muhammad (Al-Qur'an) (Peace be upon them). However, Tawrah was hidden and you were given Talmud so was Injeel hidden and you were given Bible. But because He loves us mankind, He deemed it fit to protect the Final Revelation despite the attempt to discredit it.

[015:009] Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'ân) and surely We will guard it (from corruption) )

If your statement or quote from the Qur'an was correct that Tawrah and injeel were hidden and Qur'an was sent down why then was the prophet of Islam directed to meet the Christian or Jews who had received the revealed scriptures before the prophet of Islam as is written in the Qur'an:

So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.
sura10:94.

For your information there is no way you can help me. God has told us in the Bible
John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

I dont need to have a private discussion with you because it was on this same board that your muslim brothers started the attack on the Bible. Let every body see it ,read it and get informed. I am only responding to their attack and if my tone is offensive i am sorry for that but what about the tone and choice of words your fellow muslims used, even when they were not being referred to in the original issue posted.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by lepasharon(f): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lol see argument ooo

What I also discovered so lemme add:
When the Bible was translated to into Koine Greek,books that were not in the original Jewish canon/Hebrew scriptures were then added:the apocrypha. There were also slight additions to the book of Daniel and Esther,these books are longer in the Septuagint.
The catholic bible contains the apocrypha,the Protestant bible doesn't. The Protestant bible is just as the Jewish canon originally was in English and the catholic bible is the Septuagint in English within these extra books.
Now if the apocrypha was inspired why isn't it in the ancient Hebrew Scriptures/ Jewish canon? Hmm..
I believe once the Latin vulgate was done the scriptures were further messed up,mistranslated with intensional additions like the OP said. I believe the Virgin birth is FALSE and the belief in that kind of thing originated in ancient pagan/Babylonian religions

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.