Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20951 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by jayseehe(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amee1: Xtrian should learn Hebrew or Aramaic to avoid errors 4rm bible. Muslims are learning Arabic b4 start reading Qur an that is why Qur'an does nt have errors & protected by God.
I won't argue with you, educate yourself through Google, the Koran is not error free, though better than the bible
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
delkuf: Men, frobel, I use to think that u are more intelligent that this, but with this ur write up, am hving a rethink. Ow can u say, u believe the bible is from God but he uses wrong pple. Now ask urself this, a God that is holy, with a word that is truth, will now use pple, that according to u are not wrong. Or not holy. Does it make any sense. The bible is from God, and He send to us through men who are holy, worthy and pure.
Guy, did god ever tap you on the shoulder and said "the bible is from me, I inspired this people"? If all we have to support the bible's claim of divine authorship is the bible's own word then why should I accept it's claim to be the word of God and refuse to accept Mohammed's Koran or the book of Mormon or the Upanishad or other allegedly sacred writtings? What makes your scripture more sacred and trustworthy than theirs?

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emusan:

If you call it mistake it's left for you.

You're referring to Qur'an.
Did you know that Qur'an doesn't always give actual number of an historical even rather using a statement like "about 1000 people" which has posed weakness on Allah's part?
I don't know,pls enlighten me since u know much about Quran
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
sarutobie:
the bible is a collection of scriptures written by men (who were inspired by God)...even paul encouraged us to examine every word in the scriptures to ascertain if they are true or not..paul himself never claimed perfection.

what did paul encourage you to examine the accuracy of the bible against? And what happens in the case that the bible contradicts itself?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 04, 2014
JCcb: To answer your question,you should first,understand that John the Baptist was a man just like you and i.He had a limited knowledge of where he was from,who he was and where he was going,albeit,he exactly knew his purpose here on earth(John 1:23).
Now,to the question on the prophet that is supposed to come after Jesus,it was answered by The Master Himself in Matthew 11:14,15. Thanks Sir.
this Matthew 11:14-15 New King James
Version (NKJV)
And if you are willing to receive it, he
is Elijah who is to come. He who has
ears to hear, let him hear!
but if u read my quote very well,they ask John if he is Elijah he said no and they ask him if he is d prophet he also said no,so it's obvious that Elijah and the prophet are two different people
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by madomite(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2014
[color=#000000][/color]
All dis u al hav said doesnt change the existence of the Almighty God and wateva u say or do abou any book doesn't make him less a God. Bible is full of Errors, Quran is Full of Errors, this is falacy, that is the Truth.. Agument here nd there doesnt make God less a God... A book Is said to be inspired by God nd ur main aim is to look for the fact to disprove it or not?.. For the fact dat it is addres to The God that Created d Heaven an earth nd everytin dat is therein should make u revere him... God does suport wat is Evil.. If any of the Holybook is falsified and God chose to stil use it for his wonders and signs which were proved not only by d testimony of one Person but over Millions of People, den u shud know there is somethin unique about such a Holybook, dat Goes beyond Human undastandin, be it Bible or Quran or anyother materials addresed to God. And if something goes beyond human undastandin dat means u av to go beyond human to find ur fact nd answer. I neva asked a man why is it dat the Bible is so full of errors, my question is Directed to God, and i received my answers weneva ask, why nt do dsame and stop destroyin lifes by wat is right or wrong.

To fellow Christians; if u dont have the spirit of Truth in you which is d Holy spirit, even when u get d answer u might not believe it. Dis is to show dat satan is not relentin to bring many to pedition. And u are at dat stage when u wil av to choose either to be loyal to God as ur God and follow him even if there is error in is inspired Book or not(unconditionally) or regect him bcus of a Condition. I faced it and i overcame by d Spirit of Truth. You shud be able to discern what and who is speakin or writing to u, not only in a book u read but also in evrytin includin T.V programs and film. Even while readin dis thread, u shud open d eyes and mind of ur spirit to knw wat is comin out of what u ar readin.

Lastly, the Bible is inspired by God not Writen by God just like u ar inspired to write ur Songs and Books. Before anytin is made publish it goes tru error check and stil it has error. Why not get the message and leave d error out of it. Didnt u made error while even postin to d thread bu ur message was passed. And u fail to realise that most of d writer were not like of dis Generatn, if u want d real Bible book witout error, u can travel bak in time. If God want to communicate to us he has his means, if he decides not to use d books in Bible, he uses oda means like novel, film etc.. Al this were inspired but by Who? By God or Devil.That is the question u should b askin and that is why you need that spirit of Truth to Discern what is Of God or not. Even in d errors you Posted as Errors i can see the Light and message that God is plannin to pass bu not d errors.

Am not askin u to believe me but believe Your spirit man. Get and obey the message not look for errors. God bless You all.

To all muslims and other religion what is sacred to you is sacred to us, if not all of us but still i parsonally Beg u to return the Gesture. The Bible is very sacred to us as much as the Quran or oter Holybook is to u Please let Help ourself make These Holy books remain Sacred. God will take us to that eternity in Jesus Name and by Allahs mercy the most merciful.

Please ignore my errors but Get my Message oo.. Lolz. Bless You
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2014
jayseehe:
I won't argue with you, educate yourself through Google, the Koran is not error free, though better than the bible
since u know this y don't just tell us the errors
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 04, 2014
manutdadex: in my dad's word- when u think say u don knw God finish dats wen he makes u realise u are nt there yet! Athesist are like children who are angry with their parent for not giving dem sometin dey love but neglects d efforts of their parents on dem! My prayer still remains, I pray you meet Him again before ur death!
dude, your analogy falls flat. Can a child be angry with a parent he doesn't have? Can an atheist be angry at a god he doesn't even believe exists?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2014
zizytd: Op abeg e, when u dae for lecture dae write wetin lecturer dae talk, u and ur coursemate dae write d same tin? Use dis same logic for d bible, mark may understand differently from wat mattew saw, so no dae yarn dust abeg.
except when we take notes in class none of us claim that the notes are divinely inspired...I don't understand why recording down history, events that have already occured, needs divine inspiration. I mean if I should write about the ordeals of say the chibok survivors for posterity from gathering personal first hand experience, or word of mouth circulating I won't need divine inspiration. Considering that a great deal of the bible is a record of historical events, what is the place of divine inspiration? By the way, there are tons of historical documents that have a higher level of accuracy than the bible without claim of inerrancy or divine inspiration...
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by myproperty(m): 2:19am On Aug 04, 2014
some muslims on this site called the quran a perfect book and they say the Bible is full of errors, some even asked that errors should be pointed outin the Quran. i would point some out but before i do that i want to say something about the origin of the bible and Quran
1. The Bible said it was written by men through the inspiration of the Holy spirit . biblical accounts where written by different individuals. The Bible did not lie about the authors.
1b. The Quran said it came from God and the muslims says it does not contain errors.They claim it is a perfect book.
My conclusion is that anything that comes directly from God would be perfect and if there are contradiction and falsehood in such a book it did not come direct from God. the bible maybe excused from this because it had made in clear that man is the medium of whivh the Bible came to be and some portion talked about what some individuals actually did.
Over 90% Muslims canot talk about the Quran because they canot read it not to talk about what is in the Quran.

IS THE QURAN DIRECTLY FROM GOD OR IS IT A PERFECT BOOK?

1. The quran claims the jews kill their prophets. which prophets did the jews kill since the Quran claims that Jesus Christ was not killed.

Indignity is put over them wherever they may be, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah, and from men; they have drawn on themselves the Wrath of Allah, and destruction is put over them. This is because they disbelieved in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets without right. This is because they disobeyed (Allah) and used to transgress beyond bounds (in Allah's disobedience, crimes and sins). S. 3:112

Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: "Truly, Allah is poor and we are rich!" We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: "Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire)." S. 3:181

In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews allegedly killed? Is it a case of hatred for thr Jews or is that of a false accussation or that of a lie. I need an answer.

2.Who was the first Muslim according to the quran.
The Prophet of Islam said he is the 1st Muslem:
He hath no associate. This am I commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims. S. 6:163

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12
[/i]

Abraham,Ishmael,Jacob and Jesus Christ lived and died many years before the Prophet of Islam. Infact Abraham,Ishmael and Jacob lived more than 2000years before the prophet of islam and the Quran claims they were also muslims and yet still claims that the prophet of Islam is the first Muslim.

[i]And when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations of the House: Our Lord! accept from us; surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing: Our Lord! and make us both submissive (muslimayni) to Thee and (raise) from our offspring a nation submitting (ommatan muslimatan) to Thee, and show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully), surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. Our Lord! and raise up in them an Apostle from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise. And who forsakes the religion of Ibrahim but he who makes himself a fool, and most certainly We chose him in this world, and in the hereafter he is most surely among the righteous. When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim (aslim), he said: I submit myself (aslamtu) to the Lord of the worlds. And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims (illa waantum muslimoona). Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your God and the God of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one God only, and to Him do we submit (wanahnu lahu muslimoona). S. 2:127-133 Shakir

When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims. S. 3:52

what is really happening in the Quran? But we know that Islam came about 800years after christianity, how come the Quranic claims? May God help us.

3.Allah, Adam and the Angels.
The Quran has a lot to say about the relation between Allah, Adam, the angels and Satan. In fact, some of what the Quran says regarding these persons or entities raises a series of questions and comments.

And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy (khaleefatan) in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not. And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. They said: Be glorified! We have no knowledge saving that which Thou hast taught us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower, the Wise. He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names, and when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not tell you that I know the secret of the heavens and the earth? And I know that which ye disclose and which ye hide. And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever. And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. S. 2:30-38

The above passage brings up several questions. First, how did the angels know what the condition of man would be prior to his creation? Where did they get the idea that man would be a violent creature? Who told them? The text doesn’t say anything about Allah giving them this piece of information. Are angels omniscient?

Secondly, Allah secretly teaches Adam unspecified names in order to silence the angels for complaining against man. Was it not unfair for Allah to teach Adam these names and then proceed to challenge the angels to do likewise? Does Allah have to use deception and lies in order to vindicate himself against the charges brought against Adam by the angels (charges which turned out to be correct)? Is it not obvious that Adam would have been just as ignorant as the angels were regarding these things had it not been for Allah teaching him? What kind of vindication is this seeing that Adam only knew of these names because Allah taught him, whereas the angels were ignorant because Allah hadn't taught them these things?

And how does the naming of things justify the creation of man despite all the evil and violence he will commit? After all, if there is a superior value in humans that justifies their creation, despite their violent and sinful behavior, then it should be stated in a clear way instead of using deceptive tricks that hardly show the superiority of humans. Allah could have taught those names to anyone. This act of teaching man to name all things does not provide a sufficient reason at all why humans should be created despite the fact that they will shed blood. Allah could have simply taught those names to the angels, and then somebody would know them (if that was the objective), without there being bloodshed. So what is the point of the story, really?

Thirdly, after using deception to silence the angels Allah then proceeds to command the angels to worship the man. This command to worship was obviously the result of the man having bested them by naming the things which Allah had personally taught him. We therefore need to ask, why make angels worship Adam for being able to name things that they couldn't when the man only knew these names as a result of Allah having taught them to him? And why is Allah commanding them to bow down to Adam, a creature, when it is absolutely forbidden to do so in Islam? If it is argued that the prostration signified respect and not worship then why are such acts of respect forbidden in Islam today? It is obvious that Allah, unlike the true God of the Holy Bible, is always changing his mind and commands as time goes by.

Fourth, Iblis or Satan is blamed for not worshiping Adam even though the command was given to angels. According to the Quran, Iblis isn't an angel, but rather he is said to be a jinn:

And when We said to the angels, 'Bow yourselves to Adam'; so they bowed themselves, save Iblis; he was one of the jinn, and committed ungodliness against his Lord's command. What, and do you take him and his seed to be your friends, apart from Me, and they an enemy to you? How evil is that exchange for the evildoers! S. 18:50

4.Heaven or Earth, which was created first?

He it is Who hath created for you all that is on earth.
Then He turned to the heaven, and made them into seven heavens. -- Sura 2:29
Sura 41:9-12 also gives details on the creation process and confirms that the earth was created first and then the heavens.
But then we read also:

Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built?
He raised the height thereof and ordered it;
and He has made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof.
And after that, He spread out the earth. -- Sura 79:27-30

here it claims the heaven was created first after then the earth.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART , I WOULD COME BACK FOR MORE, I HAVE OVER 100 POINTS TO SHOW IN THE QURAN.
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOT TO HAVE ATTACKED THE BIBLE AND SHOULD HAVE HAD RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES BELIEVE.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nelrulez(m): 3:22am On Aug 04, 2014
The bible is a book of prophecy,and just as prophecy is, everybody who declares something is correct,even if it does not come to pass,the accounts of Mathew mark Luke nd John was based on what they knew and their perceptions of JESUS,Mark was a follower of Peter,he got his own story from what Peter told him,Luke was a Doctor,he did his researches well before he wrote his story,only Mathew and John were disciples,of the two ,JoHnwas close to CHRIST ,they were actually cousins,so the accounts of everyone of them has discrepancies just like you would set the same question for students in a class who were taught the same thing at the same time,under the same conditions,there is no way 2 of them will write the same thing,some will be detailed than others ,some will not,some will even have errors,now GOD is sovereign,HE does nt think the way we think,whateva he allows in HIS book is for a reason,some ppl think the bible is filled with mistakes ,errors and discrepancies yet. Some other ppl are receiving ,revelations ,an liberation from the so called error filled pages,it is a ploy of the devil to distract man from the beauties of the scriptures when he begins to call their attention to errors in the infallible words of GODs book,it should be recalled that GOD does nt make mistakes only man can make mistakes and whateva GOD does, man has NO RIGHT to question him that is what makes him GOD and focusing on errors in the bible is like calling GOD a liar and blasphemy against the Spirit of GOD is an unpardonable sin that the devil wants man to commit so that they wiill have more souls in hades,I hope it's clear
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by oluwamitomisin: 4:03am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

This is an apologist sight with a bias towards the American gospel, please read other sites as well.

thanks.

To you, it sounds as an 'apologist sight', to me it summarises all I need to know about your perceived errors of the Bible. I appreciate that your perceived errors are not in denial of the events recorded. You're not just comfortable with the 'inaccuracies' of the times, events, and persons.

But before i engage you in further discourse, I really need to know your basis for doing this. Could it be you don't believe in the Bible(probably not a Christian) or you just simply want to make fun of this your supposedly new found knowledge?

I need to know the kind of person you are first. What are your professions of faith? From their we can start off. Thanks. Nice day ahead.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Validated: 4:57am On Aug 04, 2014
[size=18pt]Please read the truth from http://www.1000mistakes.com[/size]
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 5:03am On Aug 04, 2014
dejilg: yep! only valid in ur world of illogical reality

you are yet to show that what i have stated is not reality. . . How is your religious experience better than that of a hindu or a muslim?. . .How is your own religion better than that of a hindu?. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
uzolexis:

Yes he wiped them out n they died once n dat was it,they did not drown forever unlike what you believe that pple will burn forever.
uzolexis,remember the testimony God gave about lot.(abraham)...about noah...they were considered righteous...remember noah preached to the people of his time...they all died remember...only noah and his household who was righteous b4 God were saved.pls read mathew13:47-50.u can quote me again.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
uzolexis:

Like I said earlier stop using hell fire to scare pple,we should propagate love and not condeming pple to eternal fire (wc is still believe is not real). If God would condemn pple to eternal fire 4 just a few decades on earth, he is wicked n I dont serve a wicked God. Let's leave judgement to God and spread love.
uzolexis,yeah you are right,the gospel simply means the good news...that jesus christ has died,buried and has resurrectd...if u read romans very well it is stated that "if he be risen,then we are risen with him"...but people must also knw what God has prepared for his number1 and only enemy...eternal condemnation in the lake of fire...God does nt desire that his children should suffer but that all should come unto repentance....apostle paul wil always emphasize...separate yourself from the world(satan)...hell is 4 satan...but we as sons and daughter of God must not follow satan else we will be caught in and by the fire meant 4satan.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

You have been totally brainwashed , how can you make such a comment which is totally bereft of any scriptural context ?
mathew13:47-50)
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by NobleG1(m): 7:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Joshthefirst: of course the bible is validated supernaturally. But you dismiss its validation every time. Whichever way it is, you'd still doubt. No one can force a man to acknowledge the truth before him. He must do that himself.

You religious sheeple.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by NobleG1(m): 7:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Kay17:

But it is not directly from God.

They claimed God wrote it through them. A complete fallacy.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by kadas01(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Please, Read the book: "Christian and Reincarnation" by Stephen Lampe, then you'll understand the damage done to the bible by some unscrupulous elements masquerading as "christian leaders" at that time!

Lastly, The Truth is here on Earth! "Seek and ye shall find"!
Shalom!
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by hazyfm: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2014
jayseehe:
very funny

same God that couldn't get an error free book

[size=20pt]WALKING OUT!![/size]

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2014
mazaje:

My parents are not atheist. . In fact they don't even know what atheism is. . .
good. I hope you get my point.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by myproperty(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2014
Validated: [size=18pt]Please read the truth from http://www.1000mistakes.com[/size]

Thanks for your information about the Quran. It contains far too much abnormality and you begin to think does the book actually comes from God. You would not blame them they dont read thier Quran so they dont know the truth about the book.

CONTINUATION OF MORE MISTAKES IN THE QURAN

5. Simple arithmetical error from the Islamic God.

Quran contains errors in mathematics, and erroneous mathematics in Quran refute the claimed divine authorship of the Quran.

Surah 4 of the Quran, which supposedly contains God's mathematics on dividing inheritance, is rife with errors. These erroneous mathematics in Quran are small enough to pass perfunctory inspection but significant in exposing the Quran's ungodly authorship.

Consider just 2 of the examples: (A) if a man is survived by his parents, wives and two daughters, Quran's mathematics require 113% of his estate to be divided; and, (B) if a man is survived by his mother, wives and two sisters, Quran requires 108% of his estate to be divided, as follows:

"Allah instructs you concerning your children: for the male, what is equal to the share of two females. But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for them is two thirds of one's estate. And if there is only one, for her is half. And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left children. But if he had no children and the parents [alone] inherit from him, then for his mother is one third. And if he had brothers [or sisters], for his mother is a sixth, after any bequest he [may have] made or debt. Your parents or your children - you know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. [These shares are] an obligation [imposed] by Allah. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise. And for you is half of what your wives leave if they have no child. But if they have a child, for you is one fourth of what they leave, after any bequest they [may have] made or debt. And for the wives is one fourth if you leave no child. But if you leave a child, then for them is an eighth of what you leave, after any bequest you [may have] made or debt. And if a man or woman leaves neither ascendants nor descendants but has a brother or a sister, then for each one of them is a sixth. But if they are more than two, they share a third, after any bequest which was made or debt, as long as there is no detriment [caused]. [This is] an ordinance from Allah , and Allah is Knowing and Forbearing... They request from you a [legal] ruling. Say, " Allah gives you a ruling concerning one having neither descendants nor ascendants [as heirs]." If a man dies, leaving no child but [only] a sister, she will have half of what he left. And he inherits from her if she [dies and] has no child. But if there are two sisters [or more], they will have two-thirds of what he left. If there are both brothers and sisters, the male will have the share of two females. Allah makes clear to you [His law], lest you go astray. And Allah is Knowing of all things." - Quran 4:11,12,176

66.7% = 2/3 for daughters 16.7% = 1/6 for mother
33.3% = 2 x (1/6) for parents 25.0% = 1/4 for wives
12.5% = 1/8 for wives 66.7% = 2/3 for sisters
112.5% = total for case (A) 108.4% = total for case (B)

A god called Allah who can't add correctly to 100% would be hard pressed to create the universe.

6. How many Angels were talking to Mary?

There are (at least) two passages in the Qur'an relating the announciation of Jesus' birth to Mary.

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah has chosen thee ...
Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah gives thee glad tidings ...
-- Sura 3:42 & 45

... then we sent to her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (Come not near) If thou dost fear Allah."
-- Sura 19:17-18

How many angels came to Mary? In Sura 3, the Arabic uses the plural form, which means there were no less than three angels, but this could also mean that there were actually four, or a thousand, or a million etc.!
IN SURA3:42&45 ANGELS WERE SENT WHILE IN SURA 19:17-18 AN ANGEL WAS SENT TO MARY.

7.Does Allah's day equal to 1,000 (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 years (Sura 70:4)?

Observe how similar 32:5 and 70:4 are worded "ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is [fifty] thousand years [of your reckoning]."

Maybe it originally was "fifty thousand" in both and "fifty" dropped out in one place? A corrupted manuscript? Or does God just not know how to relate the length of his days to human years?

8.How many gardens are there in paradise?

ONE IN SURA: 39:73, 41:30 [the Garden], 57:21 [a Garden], 79:41 [the Garden],
OR
MANY AS IN SURA: 18:31, 22:23, 35:33, 78:32 [each time: "Gardens"]?

The plural "Gardens" has to refer to at least three because if it/they were two, then the Arabic would use the dual form of the noun. Therefore this is a discrepancy of at least 200% from "one" to "several".

9.There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death.

Sura 32:11 reads "Say: THE Angel of Death, put in charge over you, will (duly) take your souls. Then shall ye be brought back to your Lord", [/i]i.e. on specific angel is in view.
[i]Sura 47:27 says "But how (will it be) when THE angels take their souls at death?", [/i]which again presupposes their specific identity and a greater number than one.
But then Sura 39:42 doesn't speak of angels anymore at all: [i]"It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death."

10. HOW MANY MESSENGERS WERE SENT TO PHAROAH?

Sura 73:15-16 says that one messenger was sent to Pharaoh, while Sura 10:75 speaks of two (Moses and Aaron).

73:15 only says "a" (not a stress on "one"wink messenger, but the comparison of this messenger to Muhammad, who is sent just in the same way makes a strong point for the "one", since Muhammad undoubtedly was only one in his time. And verse 16 affirms this by saying "the" messenger.

Also 7:103 also speakes only of sending Moses.

11. HOW MANY WINGS DOES ANGELS HAVE?

35:1
Praise be to Allah, Who created (out of nothing) the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels, messengers with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs): He adds to Creation as He pleases: for Allah has power over all things.
According to Sura 35:1 angels have 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wings. This is contradicted by several hadith which state that Gabriel had 600 wings. Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 455:

Narrated Abu Ishaq-Ash-Shaibani:
I asked Zir bin Hubaish regarding the Statement of Allah: "And was at a distance Of but two bow-lengths Or (even) nearer; So did (Allah) convey The Inspiration to His slave (Gabriel) and then he (Gabriel) Conveyed (that to Muhammad). (53.9-10) On that, Zir said, "Ibn Mas'ud informed us that the Prophet had seen Gabriel having 600 wings."

See also Volume 6, Book 60, Number 379 & 380.

LET ME STOP HERE FOR NOW. IS THE QURAN A PERFECT BOOK? THE ANSWER IS YOURS TO ANSWER. I WOULD COME BACK AGAIN WITH MORE FACTS ABOUT THE QURAN
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by lomprico(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2014
jayseehe:
nope, it makes the messages passed ambiguous
for example, are women meant to cover their hair while praying?
are women meant to partake in church ministration?
are we meant to pay tithe?..
the bible is so ambiguous that Christians are not even sure of how to worship their God
Ur points are not what this thread is about.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by akandejames: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
The whole of Christianity is a sham. see your pope invoking satan... You better forrget sentiment and save your soul. these satanists want you hypnotized till death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUN-XEU6HUc
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
mazaje:

They should just accept that the bible like any other book is a book written by humans , it has no divine origin, there is nothing that is written inside the bible that could not be written by other people that lived at that time. . . .
...give it to those old-men , they actually tried a lot in their fiction writing ( they even infused some then contemporary events). They really must have worked very haaaaaard, its not easy to compose books.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by vm26: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
on point number two where mark quotes wrongly ......was mark not a human being.coz he was a disciple he had to b perfect?comeon man
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by kefmawin: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
The idea of Frosbel is great fallacy
I really wonder what frosbel intends to achieve from this thread that poses such an affront to the inerrant and infallible inspired holy Bible.
Many errors people allude to the bible have simple answers which may not be available to those making such claims. Some of the alleged errors are results of taking the Bible out of context, or being disconnected from the events in the bible days or even the Jewish customs and tradition.
Many times it comes from a carnal mind that cannot comprehend the things which are spiritually discerned.
1Peter 1:20,21 states clearly that: “No prophecy of the Bible is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: But holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
Just to answer some of the alleged errors as claimed by Frosbel:
Answers
1) The issue of the fig tree account in (Matthew 21:18-20) and Mark 11:12-14; 20-21 have no contradictions but are complementary accounts. The common point is that at the command of Christ the fig tree withered but the account of Mark indicates the actual timing the disciples observed the withered tree. That is not to say that it took 24hrs to wither
2) Frosbel is again wrong here as the quotation in (Mk. 1:2,3) is truly from Isaiah 40:3 even though mark did not mention Isaiah directly as Frosbel claims
3) Matthew 27:3-10
There is a close resemblance between Matt 27:9-10 and Zech 11:12-13. But there are also similarities between Matthew's words and the ideas in Jer 19:1,4,6,11. Why then did Matthew refer only to Jeremiah? The solution to this problem is probably that Matthew had both prophets in mind but only mentioned the "major" prophet by name.
Another explanation is that Jeremiah, in the Babylonian Talmud (Baba Bathra 14 b), was placed first among the prophets, and his book represented all the other prophetic books.
4) The account in 1cor. 10:8 indicates the number that died in one day while Numbers give the total number that could span over a day
5) The account of David’s Census in 2Samuel on first Chronicles should not be a problem as Old testament writing many times present what God allows or permits as though he did it. This therefore implies that God permitted Satan to tempt David due to His anger already kindled against Isreal as indicated in 2Samuel 24:1
6) The mustard seed Our Lord Jesus referred to in Matt 13:31,32 was used in relative terms of comparison to seed available within the context and given time. It should not be taken out of context
7) Again we see that the account of Matt 27:5 and Act1:18 on the death of Judas Iscariot are not contradictory but complementary. Acts 1:1 8 gives us in figurative form the consequences of all his actions including hanging himself.

www.thefaithcontenders.org
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by kefmawin: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
The idea of Frosbel is great fallacy
I really wonder what frosbel intends to achieve from this thread that poses such an affront to the inerrant and infallible inspired holy Bible.
Many errors people allude to the bible have simple answers which may not be available to those making such claims. Some of the alleged errors are results of taking the Bible out of context, or being disconnected from the events in the bible days or even the Jewish customs and tradition.
Many times it comes from a carnal mind that cannot comprehend the things which are spiritually discerned.
1Peter 1:20,21 states clearly that: “No prophecy of the Bible is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: But holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
Just to answer some of the alleged errors as claimed by Frosbel:
Answers
1) The issue of the fig tree account in (Matthew 21:18-20) and Mark 11:12-14; 20-21 have no contradictions but are complementary accounts. The common point is that at the command of Christ the fig tree withered but the account of Mark indicates the actual timing the disciples observed the withered tree. That is not to say that it took 24hrs to wither
2) Frosbel is again wrong here as the quotation in (Mk. 1:2,3) is truly from Isaiah 40:3 even though mark did not mention Isaiah directly as Frosbel claims
3) Matthew 27:3-10
There is a close resemblance between Matt 27:9-10 and Zech 11:12-13. But there are also similarities between Matthew's words and the ideas in Jer 19:1,4,6,11. Why then did Matthew refer only to Jeremiah? The solution to this problem is probably that Matthew had both prophets in mind but only mentioned the "major" prophet by name.
Another explanation is that Jeremiah, in the Babylonian Talmud (Baba Bathra 14 b), was placed first among the prophets, and his book represented all the other prophetic books.
4) The account in 1cor. 10:8 indicates the number that died in one day while Numbers give the total number that could span over a day
5) The account of David’s Census in 2Samuel on first Chronicles should not be a problem as Old testament writing many times present what God allows or permits as though he did it. This therefore implies that God permitted Satan to tempt David due to His anger already kindled against Isreal as indicated in 2Samuel 24:1
6) The mustard seed Our Lord Jesus referred to in Matt 13:31,32 was used in relative terms of comparison to seed available within the context and given time. It should not be taken out of context
7) Again we see that the account of Matt 27:5 and Act1:18 on the death of Judas Iscariot are not contradictory but complementary. Acts 1:1 8 gives us in figurative form the consequences of all his actions including hanging himself.

www.thefaithcontenders.org[quote author
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
^^^^

So now you want to lie for Jesus ??

I will deal with your points later this evening and debunk them.

smiley
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Joshthefirst: good. I hope you get my point.

You have no point. . . .You are a christians only because your parents were one. . .You did not convert into the religion you were born into it. . .My parents are christians. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
mazaje:

you are yet to show that what i have stated is not reality. . . How is your religious experience better than that of a hindu or a muslim?. . .How is your own religion better than that of a hindu?. . .
personally I dnt think its worth sharing with someone whom sees every religious person as being "born" into the faith that they hold on to...that's ur illogical reality

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.