Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20955 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2014
Stop this blasphemy;you fuvktard!animal the more you try hard to sound intelligent, the more you expose your gross stupidity and illiteracy..calling you dumb is disrespect to the dumbs worldwide..Blowing off another's candle will not make yours shine brighter..Young man,if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute in the topic of discourse kindly keep quiet and read other people's comment(s)..
mazaje:

Be quite you senseless dog. . .Foolish slave of an imaginary desert and arbic invented god idea. . .You are a fooooool. . .The Quran is a book written by arabic men trying to form a religion and way of life for themselves who plagiarized the stories of the already established religion of the jews and the christians. . .The bible has no divine origin, it is also a book humans wrote to establish a way of life and put others in line. . .Go bath in pork if you don't like what i have written which is actually the reality of the matter. . .block headed pig. . .

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2014
Men wrote the bible,too many version and diff stories,everyone with his own story

4 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2014
tsolz84: Stop this blasphemy;you fuvktard!animal the more you try hard to sound intelligent, the more you expose your gross stupidity and illiteracy..calling you dumb is disrespect to the dumbs worldwide..Blowing off another's candle will not make yours shine brighter..Young man,if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute in the topic of discourse kindly keep quiet and read other people's comment(s)..

Tell your imaginary allah to come and strike me dead for blasphemy against him you idiotic dog and myth believer. . .This is not a madarassa where you expect people to accept all the ridiculous mythology you have been indoctrinated with. . .If you don't like what am saying go and tie a bomb round your waist and blow up yourself and the next unbelieving infidel around you. . crazy pig. . .Go bath in pork. . Fooooool. . .

6 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by tola9ja: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by alexleo(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2014
@frosbel,
Again your frustration in propagating your falsehood has reared its ugly head here. Obviously the major reason you brought this up is as a result of your failure to prove that there is no eternal torment/hell fire. Back in those days you quoted bible indiscriminately and misapplied it here and there just to deceive your readers that there is no hell fire/everlasting fire. Now the words of Jesus about it are so glaring and it punctures your defence and the next thing you ve switched on to is to tell another big lies that it is the Roman catholic church that slot it in the bible. Were you there when they did it? Did you do it with them? False accuser. There are things that catholics are practicing that are not in the bible, so why didn't they slot those ones in? Where did you see the word trinity in the bible that you are accusing catholics of sloting in? Jesus spoke about hell fire in various expressions. At some point he described it as everlasting fire, unquenchable fire, fire that cannot be quenched, eternal torment etc. It wasn't only hell fire that was used so carry your falsehood and clear from the way. Now you ve shown where the different gospel writers had errors in their report, yet their descriptions about hell fire remains the same- (a place of terrible and everlasting suffering). Your pranks cannot work. For those of us who have been arguing with you on this issues over the years we can't allow your false teachings to prosper. Keep having a field day in your bible study with satan as he continues to deceive you. It is easier to deceive people that an event that happened in the past as recorded in the bible never happened but when it has to do with a futuristic event such as hell fire/eternal torment, only fools will risk their dear lives to believe your falsehood. What makes your teaching authentic and the ones recorded in the bible false? Where you there when Jesus spoke about hell fire? Keep your deceit to yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2014
texanomaly:

The prophet Muhammad says the Quran is from God. Do you believe in its validity?
Yes,at least no contradiction like the bible

5 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2014
You are a demented f00l;you are trying so hard to be an athiest;but you are a disgrace;Allah wont strike yyou;GOD wont either;your f00lishness and stewpidity will fetch u out;How do you just say things like a hypnotised fo*l? Your brain is just too demented.. It is a total waste of time exchanging word with deluded chronic goon with no sense of reasoning, you are far way dumber than I thought.Go to hell you frustrated mugger!
mazaje:

Tell your imaginary allah to come and strike me dead for blasphemy against him you idiotic dog and myth believer. . .This is not a madarassa where you expect people to accept all the ridiculous mythology you have been indoctrinated with. . .If you don't like what am saying go and tie a bomb round your waist and blow up yourself and the next unbelieving infidel around you. . crazy pig. . .Go bath in pork. . Fooooool. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by cr8v(f): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Preparing for service. Come back soon
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by 1stola: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2014
texbaba1: you are rigth in ur analysis bro, infact if u start listing all d errors in d bible, u will run out of sheets of paper. However, ar mistaken in d way u look at the bible, u forgt that the bible was written by humans nd ther is nothing infallibility about man. Moreso, dont look at the bible from d point of view of a philosopher looking for truth, or a mathematician trying to solve an equation...it will never add up, or a scientist looking for proof...u sill never find it. The bible is purely a faithbased book nd only to be seen from d point of view of faith...just accept it with faith, not with rationality or empirically. That is why jesus christ used the little children in describing the word of God, bacause little children dont doubt or ask questions, they just love nd believe u in what ever u tell them. So as a christian, just accept the word of God with faith. You ar either a christian or u ar nt.
This faith ish is really fading out...
so, people should just ignore the obvious, be irrational and remain foolish right?
What did God give us brain for?

8 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by larrymoore(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2014
If the Premise or inference of an argument is wrong, its conclusion follows the same.

4 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Emusan:

You want to eat your cake and have it.

How do you know these men weren't mistaken in their message about SALVATION so far they could contradict themselves?

Very soon your thread will read "the God of Bible is a liar" then "There's no God"

If you agree that God inspired all the writer's of the books found in the Bible and in otherwise believe that God can't inspire error, your problem with those things you called biblical inerrancy should be 'how what seems to be Biblical inerrancy cleared away'.

Truly majority of Christians scholar have noticed these things BUT also they have come with possibility of what might actually result to these differences BY STRONGLY FIRST BELIEVE THAT it's impossible for God to inspire error AND EVERY SINGLE WORD in the BIBLE was inspired by God .

So these seem so called inerrancy were categorized into many headings.

1) Copyist's error WHICH means the original manuscripts weren't contained those discrepancies i.e where different in numerical figure can be found either in age o

Let them correct their mistakes then,Quran has been in existence for so many years too but there isn't anything like copyist error

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2014
The beauty of the scripture is that it is clear in all necessary points. QED
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2014
tsolz84: You are a demented f00l;you are trying so hard to be an athiest;but you are a disgrace;Allah wont strike yyou;GOD wont either;your f00lishness and stewpidity will fetch u out;How do you just say things like a hypnotised fo*l? Your brain is just too demented.. It is a total waste of time exchanging word with deluded chronic goon with no sense of reasoning, you are far way dumber than I thought.Go to hell you frustrated mugger!

So why are you angry that I am blaspheming against imaginary entities?. . .I repeat just tell your imaginary allah to strike me dead already, at least he can use it to show some of you that believe in him that he is not imaginary. .Idiotic dog and senseless myth believer. . .You were indoctrinated and hypnotized with the ancient inscriptions of arabic men yet you still have the audacity to call me dememted?. . .Who is really demented btw me and you?. . .You can not even reason for yourself, you shamelessly call a plagiarized book that was written by men like you the word of god ONLY because you were indoctrinated, if you were born in Indian to a hindu family and indoctrinated with hinduism you would have been here telling us how the verders are the holy book of Brhama the hindus god. . . you are deluded goon. . .All religious books are man made that is why they contain errors, contradictions and many other nonsense, all religions are man made that is why there are many different religions, all gods are also man made ideas and perceptions that is why there are many different gods. . .That is the reality of the matter. . . .If you don't like it then go blow up some infidels for allah who will bless you with heavenly maidens. . .Block headed pig. . .

5 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by 1stola: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710:

Oboy leave me!
Feeble hearted man...
Please defend your religion!
Your God commanded you to win souls...

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by 1stola: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2014
Mintayo: Anybody that takes the Op serious is doing so at his/her own peril!
smh
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2014
dagr8:
Masha Yeshu, you did not reply me with an insult...Sorry if I appeared to mock Quaran, I would not do that but your approach
Tell me what is wrong with the question she asked? You should also learn to respect people by not insulting cool

sorry bro;no insult intended;i never insulted you;sorry if you felt otherwise;my anger with her was her comment;"
The prophet Muhammad says the Quran is from God. Do you believe in its validity?"What has the Quran got to do with the topic?is this an islamic thread?its annoying when some peeps try to drag other pple's religion into any topic ...

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by 1stola: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Dujardin: I won't argue wit u, but this prayer I pray for you.

O LORD, I PRAY THIS ONE PRAYER OPENLY -NOT IN MY CLOSET- THAT YOU WILL MANIFEST YOUR SELF PERSONALLY THIS OP (FROSBEL. SAVE HIM FROM THIS PATH OF DOOM AND DESTRUCTION AS YOU DID TO APOSTLE PAUL. AND TO ALL OTHERS WHO BLINDLY WERE MISSLED BY HIM (AND AS HIM); YOU WILL -IN YOUR INFINITE MERCY, PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, TEACH THEM TO KNOW AND DO YOUR WILL O GOD. IN JESUS NAME; AMEN
Methuselah... grin
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by ibrhyme77(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2014
B
mazaje:

Nope. .
Bro,can u point to one error or contradiction in the Quran.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Maonyz(f): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: of course the bible is validated supernaturally. But you dismiss its validation every time. Whichever way it is, you'd still doubt. No one can force a man to acknowledge the truth before him. He must do that himself.

I simply luv you. You are full of the wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Maonyz(f): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: of course the bible is validated supernaturally. But you dismiss its validation every time. Whichever way it is, you'd still doubt. No one can force a man to acknowledge the truth before him. He must do that himself.

I simply luv you. You are full of the wisdom of God

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

The message of salvation is loud and clear within scripture as a whole.

Really !! So we should ignore obvious errors and contradictions even though most scholars agree that these matters do pose certain problems ?

Also , since you like to criticise the Quran, why can't the bible be open to the same methods of analysis ?

1. Inspiration is one thing, communicating the message through imperfect beings is another.
2. We do not have the original autographs today, what we have are copies of copies and hence unwitting but passable errors have been made.
3. It is the overall message that we get from the bible that matters and God's spirit knows how to communicate this to the true seekers.
4. There are some other errors in the bible which are either blatant falsifications or attempts to make certain doctrines fit into scripture.

Examples :
In Matthew 1:23 an attempt was made to support the myth of the virgin birth by quoting Isaiah 7:14 when most scholars agree that this prophecy was fulfilled in the same period. Read Isaiah 8:3-4.

Jude v14 to v15 quotes from the book of Enoch which still exists, why was this left out of the bible ?

John 7:38, where Jesus quotes “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” , this scripture is not found anywhere in the bible ( could this have perhaps referred to another lost book ) ?

5. There is almost no complete manuscript of the bible, what we have are bits and pieces which were used to recontruct the bible.

6. There are books referred to by certain people of antiquity that no longer exist. Why were they lost I ask you ?
Examples :
Book of Jashar quoted in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18
Book of Nathan the prophet in 2 Chronicles 9:29
Book of Shemaiah the prophet in 2 Chronicles 12:15
Book of the wars of the LORD in Numbers 21:14

For a full list go to ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_books_of_the_Old_Testament

Wrong.

Not EVERY WORD in the bible in inspired by GOD , otherwise we have to believe that God inspires error. Rather God inspired imperfect men which is why we have errors.

You are the one that jumped to conclusions without carefully reading point number 2 which was actually referring to Mark 1:2 and not Mark 1:3

Very much so, my deep research into the bible has made me throw away most of the myths, fables and concocted doctrines that have prevented billions of people from knowing or following the true and ONE God. Of course God is still saving millions out of his mercy but the churches take them captive and destroy them with false doctrine , turning many back to into atheists or other religions and leaving many hurt , abused, disillusioned and rudderless.

Jude asked me to contend for the original faith and I will continue to do so. Paul told me not to give heed to myths and fables , and I will continue not to pay heed.

Some biblical myths and impact to the world :

Hell Fire for eternity - this has put off over 3 billion from the faith
Trinity - over a billion Muslims rightly reject this pagan myth but are left out of the plan of salvation.
Virgin Birth - Millions of intelligent people who have studied the bible in original languages reject this myth.
Bible Inerrancy - Makes God's people out to be Liars in the face of glaring evidence and smacks off as pride instead of humility.
Quran comparison - makes us no different to the Muslims who claim that the Quran is 100% perfect despite it's obvious contradictions and inconsistencies.

This is what Jesus had to say to those who are preventing others from salvation :
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." - Matthew 23:13

Could u pls point out the contradictions in the Quran

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by declaro(m): 8:47am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Why is Bible constantly use as an instrument of argument between we Christians since it has errors in it? I know this long ago that is why I don't argue with bible, I only believe in God and believe in every good teachings I learn from His Holy church but I will never argue with bible with anyone.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by 1Book(m): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2014
jayseehe: my science textbook has less errors than the Bible

the Bible has far more errors than the ones mentioned here
Maybe you are right because I know a person that has 48 different bibles
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by iamtewwy(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710:

Sue me to court! I'll defend my post there. See you there.
#Idiat!

lol du u knw ur god would barbicue you for enternity for using this word? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by victorv12(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2014
No matter how educated you're if you still believe the Bible is the word of God this day and age, you're obviously not educated enough.

Bible contradicts itself. Genesis 32:30 states :"For I have seen God Face to Face"..Yet John1:18 states:"No man hath seen God at Any Time.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2014
oh Allah ignorance is a disease, wat do u knw about islam? Jahannama is ur destination..Your ignorance is quite cute.. .that you didn't come out dumb from infancy is 8th world wonder;so much more from a product of experimental s3x between stupidity and dementia..I bliv u're brain dead.#crackhead#And stop quoting me, you scandalous bellend..Don't take out personal frustrations on random people online, remember suicide is always a viable option, I can even walk you through it if you need.
mazaje:

So why are you angry that I am blaspheming against imaginary entities?. . .I repeat just tell your imaginary allah to strike me dead already, it least he can use it to show some of you that believe in him that he is not imaginary. .Idiotic dog and senseless myth believer. . .You were indoctrinated and hypnotized with the ancient inscriptions of arabic men yet you still have the audacity to call me dememted?. . .Who is really demented btw me and you?. . .You can not even reason for yourself, you shamelessly call a plagiarized book that was written by men like you the word of god ONLY because you were indoctrinated, if you were born in Indian to a hindu family and indoctrinated with hinduism you would have been here telling us how the verders are the holy book of Brhama the hindus god. . . you are deluded goon. . .All religious books are man made that is why they contain errors, contradictions and many other nonsense, all religions are man that is why there are many different religions, all gods are also man made ideas and perceptions that is why there are many different gods. . .That is the reality of the matter. . . .If you don't like it then go blow up some infidels for allah who will bless you with heavenly maidens. . .Block headed pig. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by saint119: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2014
You all need to realise that nothing written by man is ever perfect. Also, the bible has passed through many culture, civilisation and translation that the translated version we currently have contains a lot of distortions and bits of cultures the translation passed through.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by MightySparrow: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2014
I can see the hand of a christlem here. All you can see are the errors not lives and nations in Europe, Americas, Australia, and leading nation in Africa. You fail to see the miraculous of men of God by the reading and interpreting the great book. With all the errors God is still backing it with signs and wonders all over the world, all over the ages.

Unlike the other "Holy Book' that has reshapen innocent folks to become most deluded 'divine criminals' and imams dispensing horrors and claiming infallibility be. life - destroying theology.

Egan o no k'oyin madun

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Kay17: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2014
texanomaly:

The prophet Muhammad says the Quran is from God. Do you believe in its validity?

It is still indirect.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2014
@MAZAJE,no one had been abusing ur religion since,so if you wonna abuse,dnt abuse Islam,abuse d person talking to u,Islam Is perfect but we people r nt perfect,Islam is d only way to GOD paradise,my fellow nairalander,accept Islam and be free from all confusion cos quran says:

And whoever desires other than Islam as
religion - never will it be accepted
from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will
be among the losers.
[Quran 3:85]

Please repent before its too late...

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2014
JCcb: The beauty of the scripture is that it is clear in all necessary points. QED
I don't understand this,pls clearify it
"And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, ‘Who are you?’ He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, ‘I am not the Christ.’ And they asked him, ‘What then? Are you Elijah?’ He said, ‘I am not.’ ‘Are you the Prophet?’ And he answered, ‘No.’ So they said to him, ‘Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?’ He said, ‘I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, "Make straight the way of the Lord," as the prophet Isaiah said.’ (Now they had been sent from the Pharisees.) They asked him, ‘Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?’" John 1:19-25
Who's the prophet that is supposed to come after Jesus
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2014
smiley If God really inspires the people who wrote the bible,they can never make mistake,dnt u know who we call God,he is the Alpha and he cannot make mistake,he is perfect,christians think please,so that it wont be too late.

And whoever desires other than Islam as
religion - never will it be accepted
from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will
be among the losers.
[Quran 3:85]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.