Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20950 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
mazaje:

If you were not born into any religion then why did you end up as a christian?. . .Are your parents not christians?. . .Where you not taken to sunday school?. . .Why do you deny that allah is god when close to 2 billion people accept him as god?. . .What about Brahama?. .About 1 billion Hindus accept him as the supreme god. . .All these people also responded personally to these gods I have mentioned so why is your own case different?. . .
can u now see how right I was? Now u r asking him why he is defending his faith, instead of ur assumption that he is a Christian because he was born into a Christian home (and that doesn't even make one a Christian - the concept has been abused by ur types for too long). Now he uses d argument of multiplicity of gods as if that holds any water! again dis is just showing ur ignorance!
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
dejilg: I do not know whether I shld say u reason or not. Does going to schl makes u undastnd all d subject u were being taught or are u being indoctrinated as such So not teaching me abt Muhammed means they condemned muhammed and said I shld view muslims as goin to hell? How does not telling u abt me means am condemning me? See how illogical u sound? Again u said Christianity is blind faith, well am nt gonna contest wit u cos u just dnt wanna know what it is about! Well like I said, to u everytin has to be before ur eyes, but wen babalawo nack u juju, u go begin know abt invisible realms too! I actually don't expect u to reason well, cos part of reasoning well means to evaluate the situation before u attack.

Why do you need to be taught about Mohammed when you were already thought that Jesus is the only way to god?. . .It automatically condemns Mohammed since Mohammed's teachings are against what Jesus stood for. . .Stop threatening me with babalawo. . .You think if babalawo is real Nigeria will be the cesspool that it is?. . .Nigerians will be driving their babalawo made cars, planes, visiting babalawo for sugery, our military will be wearing babalawo made bullet proof vest and babalawo will help us develop our economy, but because it is a sham and make belief you guys take it hook line and sinker. . .The greatest magiacians alive today are all white men. . They perform magical feats NO babalawo in Nigeria can ever perform, they divide people into two, levitate in the air, make animals disappear, walk on burning coal, make accurate future predictions. . .Live inside ice for days etc on on camera and in front of many spectators. They do it in the open yet these same people have come out to say its all tricks and there is no supernatural power involved in what they do. . examples are Richard Angel, Darren Brown, James Randi, David Copperfield etc. . Their Video are on youtube. . .They all use tricks. . .You see your local babalawo using tricks to deceive people and you go haywire. . .Lets all the babalwos come together and develop the economy of your state, until them keep your mythical beliefs to yourself and stop threatening me with trash. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
dejilg: can u now see how right I was? Now u r asking him why he is defending his faith, instead of ur assumption that he is a Christian because he was born into a Christian home (and that doesn't even make one a Christian - the concept has been abused by ur types for too long). Now he uses d argument of multiplicity of gods as if that holds any water! again dis is just showing ur ignorance!

You are a christian ONLY because you were born into a christian home, if you were born into a hindus family in indai you would have been Hindu, if you were born into a Shia family in Iran you would have been a Shia muslim. . .You are a christians today ONLY because you were born into the religion any other statement you make is false. . .You did NOT convert into christianity from another religion so what are you saying?. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
mazaje:

Why do you need to be taught about Mohammed when you were already thought that Jesus is the only way to god?. . .It automatically condemns Mohammed since Mohammed's teachings are against what Jesus stood for. . .Stop threatening me with babalawo. . .You think if babalawo is real Nigeria will be the cesspool that it is?. . .Nigerians will be driving their babalawo made cars, planes, visiting babalawo for sugery, our military will be wearing babalawo made bullet proof vest and babalawo will help us develop our economy, but because it is a sham and make belief you guys take it hook line and sinker. . .The greatest magiacians alive today are all white men. . They perform magical feats NO babalawo in Nigeria can ever perform, they divide people into two, levitate in the air, make animals disappear, walk on burning coal, make accurate future predictions. . .Live inside ice for days etc on on camera and in front of many spectators. They do it in the open yet these same people have come out to say its all tricks and there is no supernatural power involved in what they do. . examples are Richard Angel, Darren Brown, James Randi, David Copperfield etc. . Their Video are on youtube. . .They all use tricks. . .You see your local babalawo using tricks to deceive people and you go haywire. . .Lets all the babalwos come together and develop the economy of your state, until them keep your mythical beliefs to yourself and stop threatening me with trash. . .
again I wonder how else one needs to show u how illogical ur argument is? How can I know it condemns Muhammed when I don't know whom muhammed is and what he believed and what muslims believe while growing up? dnt worry, wen they perform charm on u, I just hope u undo d "tricks", perhaps u will use youtube to undo them. U remind me of what I used to be. dnt worry, u'd soon see when it hits!
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
mazaje:

If you were not born into any religion then why did you end up as a christian?. . .Are your parents not christians?. . .Where you not taken to sunday school?. . .Why do you deny that allah is god when close to 2 billion people accept him as god?. . .What about Brahama?. .About 1 billion Hindus accept him as the supreme god. . .All these people also responded personally to these gods I have mentioned so why is your own case different?. . .
you are an atheist only because you were born into an atheist home.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by lomprico(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
jayseehe:
I thought you are the God's advocate here, why can't you engage in an argument without an insulting word

and u preach Christ

SMH4U
Let me assist him. God inspired men to write the bible, that does not mean it has to be perfect(man is not perfect). Some where able to write what was inspired on them others can't and probably sought for someone that can to write down for them wat they say, now some of this writings where not probably put down the way it was conveyed (with little errors) but the fact is that the MESSAGE has been passed to who ever reads it. For example Jesus' curse on d fig tree: d tree it might have withered immediately, the next morning, a week later, etc. But the message was passed; Jesus cursed a fig tree and it died period.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by simdam500(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emusan:

You want to eat your cake and have it.

How do you know these men weren't mistaken in their message about SALVATION so far they could contradict themselves?

Very soon your thread will read "the God of Bible is a liar" then "There's no God"

If you agree that God inspired all the writer's of the books found in the Bible and in otherwise believe that God can't inspire error, your problem with those things you called biblical inerrancy should be 'how what seems to be Biblical inerrancy cleared away'.

Truly majority of Christians scholar have noticed these things BUT also they have come with possibility of what might actually result to these differences BY STRONGLY FIRST BELIEVE THAT it's impossible for God to inspire error AND EVERY SINGLE WORD in the BIBLE was inspired by God .

So these seem so called inerrancy were categorized into many headings.

1) Copyist's error WHICH means the original manuscripts weren't contained those discrepancies i.e where different in numerical figure can be found either in age or numbering.

2) Failure to know how God works! This should remind you that people who normally attack Bible are those who are not ready to acknowledge anything about God of the Bible or believe anything in the Bible.
This can be found in the story of who inspired David to number Is real Satan or God?

3) Failure to read the whole content/taking time to understand what the texts are saying.
And many more.

NOTE:- The second point you raised "where you said Mark supposedly to quote Malachi 3:1 but eventually quoted from Isaiah" shows that you don't read your Bible at all rather surfing internet up and down to talk about God.
How long will this help you to know God personally?

Show me where the word "WILDERNESS" appeared throughout Mal 3 not even verse1 but the whole chapter? Then check whether you won't find this same word in Isaiah 40:3.
In another word compare Isaiah 40:3 and Mark 1:2-3 then Malachi 3:1 and Mark 1:2-3 to see which one match each other.

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: you are an atheist only because you were born into an atheist home.

My parents are not atheist. . In fact they don't even know what atheism is. . .
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emusan:

How do you know these men weren't mistaken in their message about SALVATION so far they could contradict themselves?

The message of salvation is loud and clear within scripture as a whole.

Very soon your thread will read "the God of Bible is a liar" then "There's no God"

Really !! So we should ignore obvious errors and contradictions even though most scholars agree that these matters do pose certain problems ?

Also , since you like to criticise the Quran, why can't the bible be open to the same methods of analysis ?

If you agree that God inspired all the writer's of the books found in the Bible and in otherwise believe that God can't inspire error, your problem with those things you called biblical inerrancy should be 'how what seems to be Biblical inerrancy cleared away'.

1. Inspiration is one thing, communicating the message through imperfect beings is another.
2. We do not have the original autographs today, what we have are copies of copies and hence unwitting but passable errors have been made.
3. It is the overall message that we get from the bible that matters and God's spirit knows how to communicate this to the true seekers.
4. There are some other errors in the bible which are either blatant falsifications or attempts to make certain doctrines fit into scripture.

Examples :
In Matthew 1:23 an attempt was made to support the myth of the virgin birth by quoting Isaiah 7:14 when most scholars agree that this prophecy was fulfilled in the same period. Read Isaiah 8:3-4.

Jude v14 to v15 quotes from the book of Enoch which still exists, why was this left out of the bible ?

John 7:38, where Jesus quotes “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” , this scripture is not found anywhere in the bible ( could this have perhaps referred to another lost book ) ?

5. There is almost no complete manuscript of the bible, what we have are bits and pieces which were used to recontruct the bible.

6. There are books referred to by certain people of antiquity that no longer exist. Why were they lost I ask you ?
Examples :
Book of Jashar quoted in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18
Book of Nathan the prophet in 2 Chronicles 9:29
Book of Shemaiah the prophet in 2 Chronicles 12:15
Book of the wars of the LORD in Numbers 21:14

For a full list go to ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_books_of_the_Old_Testament

Truly majority of Christians scholar have noticed these things BUT also they have come with possibility of what might actually result to these differences BY STRONGLY FIRST BELIEVE THAT it's impossible for God to inspire error AND EVERY SINGLE WORD in the BIBLE was inspired by God .

Wrong.

Not EVERY WORD in the bible in inspired by GOD , otherwise we have to believe that God inspires error. Rather God inspired imperfect men which is why we have errors.

NOTE:- The second point you raised "where you said Mark supposedly to quote Malachi 3:1 but eventually quoted from Isaiah" shows that you don't read your Bible at all rather surfing internet up and down to talk about God.

You are the one that jumped to conclusions without carefully reading point number 2 which was actually referring to Mark 1:2 and not Mark 1:3

How long will this help you to know God personally?

Very much so, my deep research into the bible has made me throw away most of the myths, fables and concocted doctrines that have prevented billions of people from knowing or following the true and ONE God. Of course God is still saving millions out of his mercy but the churches take them captive and destroy them with false doctrine , turning many back to into atheists or other religions and leaving many hurt , abused, disillusioned and rudderless.

Jude asked me to contend for the original faith and I will continue to do so. Paul told me not to give heed to myths and fables , and I will continue not to pay heed.

Some biblical myths and impact to the world :

Hell Fire for eternity - this has put off over 3 billion from the faith
Trinity - over a billion Muslims rightly reject this pagan myth but are left out of the plan of salvation.
Virgin Birth - Millions of intelligent people who have studied the bible in original languages reject this myth.
Bible Inerrancy - Makes God's people out to be Liars in the face of glaring evidence and smacks off as pride instead of humility.
Quran comparison - makes us no different to the Muslims who claim that the Quran is 100% perfect despite it's obvious contradictions and inconsistencies.

This is what Jesus had to say to those who are preventing others from salvation :
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." - Matthew 23:13
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzolexis:

my dear that is not what God wants,he doesn't want us to serve him because we are scared of hell fire,he wants us to serve him because we love him. As the catholic church teaches in it's cathesm, God made us to know him,love him n serve him. I wish pple would stop preaching this hell fire thing,i dont believe in it and really it chases pple from christianity. I am certain that evil will be punished but i do not believe that my loving and just God will sentence pple to eternal fire just for a few decades on earth,that is wickedness and injustice, so pls stop propagating this hell fire thing.
God wiped out sodom and gomorha,he wiped out the generation of noah's time...whats d essense of grace,if there is no hell fire...
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
tjkadzyanju: God wiped out sodom and gomorha,he wiped out the generation of noah's time...whats d essense of grace,if there is no hell fire...

You have been totally brainwashed , how can you make such a comment which is totally bereft of any scriptural context ?

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
tjkadzyanju: God wiped out sodom and gomorha,he wiped out the generation of noah's time...whats d essense of grace,if there is no hell fire...
at uzolexis,heaven is real likewise hell,hell is 4satan and his cohort...God has dne d best to save his beloved creation but what happens if the creations are clinged to satan?...there wil b no need 4jesus to die if its just punishment and then,we enter heaven.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
tjkadzyanju: at uzolexis,heaven is real likewise hell,hell is 4satan and his cohort...God has dne d best to save his beloved creation but what happens if the creations are clinged to satan?...there wil b no need 4jesus to die if its just punishment and then,we enter heaven.

That is what your Pastor told you, now tell us what the bible says ??

SMH for Nigerian Christians.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by tomju(m): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
OP, nice effort. I need to point out a few things.
1.Mark (1:2) records Jesus quoting from Isaiah when the words are from Malachi 3:1. The quote is also in isaiah 40:3-5.
2.Mattew (27:9) credits a quote to jeremiah whearas it was found in Zachariah(11:12,13) Also found in Jeremiah(32:6-9):
3. Romans 16:24 some bibles like new living translation carries a footnote explaining that some versions skip 24:
Okay, i am still researching the others. Basically, business men who are eager to make money reprinted the bible for sale and in the process some errors may occur that differs from the original manuscript which it was originall written! It is still an inspired word of God no doubt about that.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nwanneluv(f): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
The Holy Bible is a book written by people through the direction of Holy Spirit. Originally, the Bible was written in Hebrews language. Later, different translators started translating it into different languages. Also bear in mind that these people were mortals(flesh&blood). If you keep focusing on the errors committed during the translation of the Bible, you will not partake of the blessings in it. The Bible is deep, stop reading it like a literature book. Always pray for understanding before reading it. The letter kills but the Spirit gives Life - 2 Corinthians 3:6
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

That is what your Pastor told you, now tell us what the bible says ??

SMH for Nigerian Christians.
pls read mathew13:47-50.pls quote me again.we r learning.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Validated: 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
@ OP and others, please see my comments here under

Errors in the Bible
Let’s consider just these ten errors in the Bible:

1. Jesus curses fig tree and it withers immediately (Matthew 21:18-20). Jesus curses this same fig tree and it does not wither immediately. The disciples observe it withered the next morning (Mark 11:12-14; 20-21).
Comment: Good thing is that the miracle of cursing the fig tree was not disputed. The message is the as Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, He could speak even to a living tree and it obeys Him. He could make dead and bring back the dead to life

2. Mark records Jesus as quoting from Isaiah (Mk. 1:2), when the words are actually from Malachi (3:1).
Comment: The Book quoted is still a Biblical verse. Has the message changed you or is the verse more important to the word therein?

3. Matthew records a quote and credits it to Jeremiah (Mt. 27:9), when the majority of the quote is actually found in Zechariah (11:12, 13) not Jeremiah.

4. Jesus heals one demon-possessed man (at Gerasenes/Gergesenes/Gadarenes) and sends the demon into the pigs (Mark 5:1-20). But in Matthew’s story of the same event, Jesus heals two demon-possessed men (at Gerasenes/Gergesenes/Gadarenes) and sends the demons into the pigs (Matthew 8:28-34).
Comment: Did the demons obey His command? Whether they were two demon possessed or one, the message here is that by His word alone, the demons departed. Have you ever asked why some Jews, Christian and Muslims detest pork, it originates from this scripture, yet you doubt its reality.

5. Most Bibles have no verse 24 of Romans chapter sixteen. The text skips from verse 23 to verse 25. Some kind of error occurs here.
Comment: Now lets see the verse you mentioned: Roman 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. This is Pauls prayers to the Roman church to who he was writing. I am not sure the Bible you say does not have this verse. Would be nice to have such version(s) so it can be read in context.

6. Those that died in Numbers 25:9 are 24,000; whereas 1 Corinthians lists 23,000 for the same event.
Comment:In the verse quoted, Apostle Paul was writing to the Church in Corinth. Now the scripture you referred to I Corinthians 10:8 has a message to the Church then even as it does today. If you have read from verse 1 you would have understood that the message was no necessarily the number. Rather the message's focus was from verse 6 thus: V6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand

7. Jesus tells the disciples to take a staff on their journey as recorded in Mark 6:8, but Matthew records Jesus as telling the disciples not to take a staff on that journey (10:9-10).
Comment: I am not able to see where Jesus asked His disciples not to take with then staff in Matt 10. Please see what the Bible state: Mark 6: 8 "And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:" while Matt 10:9 "Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat."

8. 2 Samuel says that God incited David to take a census (24:1-2); 1 Chronicles says that Satan induced David to take that census (21:1-2).
Comment: You need to read the Bible with the heart and leading of the Holy Spirit otherwise you would continue to read it in folly. The scripture here states; 2 Sam 24:1 "And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and [b]he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."[/b] whereas, 1 Chronicles 1: 1 "And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." Now let me teach you somethings about the Spirit. If you are led by the Spirit of God, you do not do evil. God can "permit" Satan to possess an individual because of sin, disbelief and or errors or just to prove He is God. If that happens, God's anger can be kindled against such and He would 'allow' Satan have his way. Read Job 1: 6-12. Take particular note of V12 please! In this verse God did not hurt Job but Satan did but God allowed it.

9. Matthew quotes Jesus as saying that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds (13:31-32). However, the mustard seed is not the smallest of all seeds.
Comment: You read out of context. The reference to the mustard seed was just for their understanding. Take for example there are seeds that you cannot see without the use of a microscope. Of what use would it be mentioning such seeds to a congregation that do not understand it. Why Jesus reference the mustard seed was because that was the smallest seed that the congregation know. Read with your heart circumcised otherwise you miss the message

10. Matthew says that Judas hanged himself (27:5), while the writer of Acts says that Judas died after falling headlong and bursting open (1:18).
Comment: This is irrelevant! However Judas died is of less importance than the fact that he died for betraying the Lord of Lords. The price paid to him (30 pieces of silver) was used to buy the potters field on which he was buried. Note that Matthew only told us he hung himself. Act stated that he fell headlong. Do you know how they brought him down The message is clear that all those betraying the LORD now would face the same judgement as Judas

In all of these, I discover that you just toured the Bible to try to discredit it. For your information the Bible has 66 Books, (66) and 1,189 Chapters and 31,102 verses (KJV). If out of these, you have doubts of only 10 verses (0.032%) while 99.97% are not in dispute, then you should know that only The Almighy God could have inspired 66 men to document such level of accuracy over several centuries.

God bless you and open your eyes to the TRUTH, THE WAY & THE LIFE - His name is JESUS - Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by knowme(m): 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

The Bible is not unreliable when you read it from the context of the overall message of God's love and salvation for MANKIND.

Note a few things :

1. God used imperfect human beings
2. He did not override their will, emotion or intellect
3. He inspired them and they put pen to paper as best as they could narrate the words of God.
4. There were obviously errors and misrepresentations in some cases but these are few and far between.
5. The original manuscripts are not available, what we do have now are copies from other copies.
6. If you think about it, in those days there was no press, so scribes at different locations and times had to painstakingly copy these manuscripts.
7. During the translation to Latin , the Catholic church deliberately inserted some outright errors to support their myths such as the Trinity , Hell etc
8. These errors were carried into the English versions.
9. Nevertheless we are able to understand the specific truths of God through his Spirit and this requires humility
10. The message of Salvation is still not lost and consistent as ever.

Don't use this opportubtiy to make rash statements on what you know not.

cool

Why then should I believe everything it says ? how then can I rule out the fact that there were no errors ? we have got to be wise and understand God for who he is not just by what some people say he is.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
mazaje:

You are a christian ONLY because you were born into a christian home, if you were born into a hindus family in indai you would have been Hindu, if you were born into a Shia family in Iran you would have been a Shia muslim. . .You are a christians today ONLY because you were born into the religion any other statement you make is false. . .You did NOT convert into christianity from another religion so what are you saying?. . .
am saying in ur world a person can't genuinely hv conviction of his faith. 1 gets into any faith only thro birth!!!! Wat an illogical reality u hv there friend
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by knowme(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
Validated: @ OP and others, please see my comments here under

Errors in the Bible
Let’s consider just these ten errors in the Bible:

1. Jesus curses fig tree and it withers immediately (Matthew 21:18-20). Jesus curses this same fig tree and it does not wither immediately. The disciples observe it withered the next morning (Mark 11:12-14; 20-21).
Comment: Good thing is that the miracle of cursing the fig tree was not disputed. The message is the as Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, He could speak even to a living tree and it obeys Him. He could make dead and bring back the dead to life

2. Mark records Jesus as quoting from Isaiah (Mk. 1:2), when the words are actually from Malachi (3:1).
Comment: The Book quoted is still a Biblical verse. Has the message changed you or is the verse more important to the word therein?

3. Matthew records a quote and credits it to Jeremiah (Mt. 27:9), when the majority of the quote is actually found in Zechariah (11:12, 13) not Jeremiah.

4. Jesus heals one demon-possessed man (at Gerasenes/Gergesenes/Gadarenes) and sends the demon into the pigs (Mark 5:1-20). But in Matthew’s story of the same event, Jesus heals two demon-possessed men (at Gerasenes/Gergesenes/Gadarenes) and sends the demons into the pigs (Matthew 8:28-34).
Comment: Did the demons obey His command? Whether they were two demon possessed or one, the message here is that by His word alone, the demons departed. Have you ever asked why some Jews, Christian and Muslims detest pork, it originates from this scripture, yet you doubt its reality.

5. Most Bibles have no verse 24 of Romans chapter sixteen. The text skips from verse 23 to verse 25. Some kind of error occurs here.
Comment: Now lets see the verse you mentioned: Roman 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. This is Pauls prayers to the Roman church to who he was writing. I am not sure the Bible you say does not have this verse. Would be nice to have such version(s) so it can be read in context.

6. Those that died in Numbers 25:9 are 24,000; whereas 1 Corinthians lists 23,000 for the same event.
Comment:In the verse quoted, Apostle Paul was writing to the Church in Corinth. Now the scripture you referred to I Corinthians 10:8 has a message to the Church then even as it does today. If you have read from verse 1 you would have understood that the message was no necessarily the number. Rather the message's focus was from verse 6 thus: V6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand

7. Jesus tells the disciples to take a staff on their journey as recorded in Mark 6:8, but Matthew records Jesus as telling the disciples not to take a staff on that journey (10:9-10).
Comment: I am not able to see where Jesus asked His disciples not to take with then staff in Matt 10. Please see what the Bible state: Mark 6: 8 "And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:" while Matt 10:9 "Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat."

8. 2 Samuel says that God incited David to take a census (24:1-2); 1 Chronicles says that Satan induced David to take that census (21:1-2).
Comment: You need to read the Bible with the heart and leading of the Holy Spirit otherwise you would continue to read it in folly. The scripture here states; 2 Sam 24:1 "And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and [b]he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."[/b] whereas, 1 Chronicles 1: 1 "And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." Now let me teach you somethings about the Spirit. If you are led by the Spirit of God, you do not do evil. God can "permit" Satan to possess an individual because of sin, disbelief and or errors or just to prove He is God. If that happens, God's anger can be kindled against such and He would 'allow' Satan have his way. Read Job 1: 6-12. Take particular note of V12 please! In this verse God did not hurt Job but Satan did but God allowed it.

9. Matthew quotes Jesus as saying that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds (13:31-32). However, the mustard seed is not the smallest of all seeds.
Comment: You read out of context. The reference to the mustard seed was just for their understanding. Take for example there are seeds that you cannot see without the use of a microscope. Of what use would it be mentioning such seeds to a congregation that do not understand it. Why Jesus reference the mustard seed was because that was the smallest seed that the congregation know. Read with your heart circumcised otherwise you miss the message

10. Matthew says that Judas hanged himself (27:5), while the writer of Acts says that Judas died after falling headlong and bursting open (1:18).
Comment: This is irrelevant! However Judas died is of less importance than the fact that he died for betraying the Lord of Lords. The price paid to him (30 pieces of silver) was used to buy the potters field on which he was buried. Note that Matthew only told us he hung himself. Act stated that he fell headlong. Do you know how they brought him down The message is clear that all those betraying the LORD now would face the same judgement as Judas

In all of these, I discover that you just toured the Bible to try to discredit it. For your information the Bible has 66 Books, (66) and 1,189 Chapters and 31,102 verses (KJV). If out of these, you have doubts of only 10 verses (0.032%) while 99.97% are not in dispute, then you should know that only The Almighy God could have inspired 66 men to document such level of accuracy over several centuries.

God bless you and open your eyes to the TRUTH, THE WAY & THE LIFE - His name is JESUS - Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.

Man if your testimony is found to be wanting in consistency then truth is you can not be relied up, We were told God inspired peeps to write the bible thru the holy spirit and if the holy spirit cannot be correct then I do not think we should trust him completely cos anyone else could claim the same
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by mazaje(m): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
dejilg: am saying in ur world a person can't genuinely hv conviction of his faith. 1 gets into any faith only thro birth!!!! Wat an illogical reality u hv there friend
you can genuinely have conviction of uoyr faith but it is mainly as a result of indoctrination and wiring. . . That is the only way you will accept that the creator of the universe got a virgin pregnant and gave birth to himself in a story that was written close to 2000 years ago by people you do not know and have never meet. . People who wrote contradictory account of what they claimed happened. . . It is all conditioning. . Same way a muslim also believes that the creator of the universe revealed this special message he has for mankind in Arabic to a man that lived about 1500 years ago in Arabia. . .all religious experience and convictions are all the same. . They are all equally valid or invalid. . Your religious experience is not better than that of a Buddhist monk, a hindu , or a muslim. . . .there us nothing special in your religion in reality its just like that of others. . .it us a man made system and has no divine origin. .

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Question: "What is the book of Enoch and should
it be in the Bible?"
Answer: The Book of Enoch is any of several
pseudepigraphal (falsely attributed works, texts
whose claimed authorship is unfounded) works that
attribute themselves to Enoch, the great-grandfather
of Noah; that is, Enoch son of Jared ( Genesis 5:18).
Enoch is also one of the two people in the Bible taken
up to heaven without dying (the other being Elijah),
as the Bible says "And Enoch walked with God, and he
was not; for God took him." ( Genesis 5:24; see also
Hebrews 11:5). Most commonly, the phrase "Book of
Enoch" refers to 1 Enoch, which is wholly extant only
in the Ethiopic language.
The biblical book of Jude quotes from the Book of
Enoch in verses 14-15, “Enoch, the seventh from
Adam, prophesied about these men: ‘See, the Lord is
coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy
ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the
ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the
ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly
sinners have spoken against him.’” But this does not
mean the Book of Enoch is inspired by God and
should be in the Bible.
Jude’s quote is not the only quote in the Bible from a
non-biblical source. The Apostle Paul quotes
Epimenides in Titus 1:12 but that does not mean we
should give any additional authority to Epimenides’
writings. The same is true with Jude, verses 14-15.
Jude quoting from the book of Enoch does not
indicate the entire Book of Enoch is inspired, or even
true. All it means is that particular verse is true. It is
interesting to note that no scholars believe the Book
of Enoch to have truly been written by the Enoch in
the Bible. Enoch was seven generations from Adam,
prior to the Flood ( Genesis 5:1-24). Evidently, though,
this was genuinely something that Enoch prophesied
– or the Bible would not attribute it to him, “Enoch,
the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these
men…” ( Jude 14). This saying of Enoch was evidently
handed down by tradition, and eventually recorded in
the Book of Enoch.
We should treat the Book of Enoch (and the other
books like it) in the same manner we do the other
Apocryphal writings. Some of what the Apocrypha
says is true and correct, but at the same time, much
of it is false and historically inaccurate. If you read
these books, you have to treat them as interesting
but fallible historical documents, not as the inspired,
authoritative Word of God.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
mazaje: you can genuinely have conviction of uoyr faith but it is mainly as a result of indoctrination and wiring. . . That is the only way you will accept that the creator of the universe got a virgin pregnant and gave birth to himself in a story that was written close to 2000 years ago by people you do not know and have never meet. . People who wrote contradictory account of what they claimed happened. . . It is all conditioning. . Same way a muslim also believes that the creator of the universe revealed this special message he has for mankind in Arabic to a man that lived about 1500 years sgo in Arabia. . .all religious experience and convictions ate all the same. . They ate all equally valid or invalid. . Your religious experience is not better than that of a budfist monk, a hindu , or a muslim. . . .there us nothing special in your religion in reality its just like that of others. . .it us a man made system abd has no divine origin. .
yep! only valid in ur world of illogical reality

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzolexis(f): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
tjkadzyanju: at uzolexis,heaven is real likewise hell,hell is 4satan and his cohort...God has dne d best to save his beloved creation but what happens if the creations are clinged to satan?...there wil b no need 4jesus to die if its just punishment and then,we enter heaven.

Like I said earlier stop using hell fire to scare pple,we should propagate love and not condeming pple to eternal fire (wc I still believe is not real). If God would condemn pple to eternal fire 4 just a few decades on earth, he is wicked n I dont serve a wicked God. Let's leave judgement to God and spread love.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzolexis(f): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2014

Yes he wiped them out n they died once n dat was it,they did not drown forever unlike what you believe that pple will burn forever.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Amee1(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Xtrian should learn Hebrew or Aramaic to avoid errors 4rm bible. Muslims are learning Arabic b4 start reading Qur an that is why Qur'an does nt have errors & protected by God.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by dejilg(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amee1: Xtrian should learn Hebrew or Aramaic to avoid errors 4rm bible. Muslims are learning Arabic b4 start reading Qur an that is why Qur'an does nt have errors & protected by God.
wishful thinking
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
delkuf: do u think at all b4 u write. Where in john 1:19-25, that talks abt any prophet coming after christ. They ask john if he is christ, he said no. If he is the prophet or elijah, he said no. That he is the voice in wilderness, so where did u come up with a prophet coming after christ. Even if u don't believe in the bible that doesn't mean u shld give it a bad image
do u read ur bible at all,they ask him if he was d prophet and he said no,pls explain who the prophet is
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
delkuf: don't mind them. The quran is the major problem in this world. If u won't us to argue abt this open another thread, so that we can do it
pls prove him wrong by telling us where d contradiction is in d Quran instead of blabbing
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by jayseehe(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
lomprico:
Let me assist him. God inspired men to write the bible, that does not mean it has to be perfect(man is not perfect). Some where able to write what was inspired on them others can't and probably sought for someone that can to write down for them wat they say, now some of this writings where not probably put down the way it was conveyed (with little errors) but the fact is that the MESSAGE has been passed to who ever reads it. For example Jesus' curse on d fig tree: d tree it might have withered immediately, the next morning, a week later, etc. But the message was passed; Jesus cursed a fig tree and it died period.
nope, it makes the messages passed ambiguous
for example, are women meant to cover their hair while praying?
are women meant to partake in church ministration?
are we meant to pay tithe?..
the bible is so ambiguous that Christians are not even sure of how to worship their God

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.