Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201484 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
lambaprince:
Hi everyone, I have being reading this thread as a guest for a while now and I applied to UTAD year 0 program and they sent me the admission letter already, I want to know what next to do from here, how to get the proof of accommodation listed in the visa requirement, and want to be guided through the visa app process
Read the thread from beginning, you will know what next.
The accommodation confirmation was sent together with the former admission letter.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Hello bro hope you don't mind, I have been to most European countries but haven't been to Portugal. Can you briefly explain to me how life is over there in regards to per time jobs,accommodation,African communities and the chances of meeting up someone to change ur student resident to permenent. Thanks
moneybag100:

The accommodation confirmation was sent together with the former admission letter.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lambaprince: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
moneybag100:

I didn't get it with the admission letter, how do I go about getting one
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Wow!!!what a wonderful thread..really appreciate the visionaries of the these thread.God continue to direct ur path..my question is dat when can I apply for the June session..Thank u and God bless
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
lambaprince:
I didn't get it with the admission letter, how do I go about getting one
Mail the school that offer you admission requesting for accommodation reservation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
ikswiss:
Hello bro hope you don't mind, I have been to most European countries but haven't been to Portugal. Can you briefly explain to me how life is over there in regards to per time jobs,accommodation,African communities and the chances of meeting up someone to change ur student resident to permenent. Thanks
You have been to most EU Countries and you're still asking about EU. Europe is Europe, though some some of the countries policy might differ from another. The best place to get all the info you want is on net. Explore World Wide Web!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Mail the school that offer you admission requesting for accommodation reservation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
ikswiss:
Read between this dot about life in Portugal . http://portugal.angloinfo.com/
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thanks mr i will apply for ipb as a transfer student was wondering if you know anyone living in branganca.
Thanks one more time
TheRoyalprince:

Read between this dot about life in Portugal . http://portugal.angloinfo.com/
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
moneybag100:

Man, how far about your processing, have you gone to Abuja?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
ikswiss:
Thanks mr i will apply for ipb as a transfer student was wondering if you know anyone living in branganca.
Thanks one more time
Bro, from which country are you transferring to Portugal and from which semester do you want to start ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2014
Moneybag100, HelloT and others admitted, where are you guys ? The thread is not moving well again. How far about your application.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Demaejy:

Man, how far about your processing, have you gone to Abuja?
Yes.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
moneybag100:

Yes.
Do you mind sharing your experience? Have you submitted for legalization and verification at the embassy?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Demaejy:
Moneybag100, HelloT and others admitted, where are you guys ? The thread is not moving well again. How far about your application.
Sanni you never mentioned here that you also applied to ipb poly?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
I'm just observing. Moneybag my good man... how e dey go?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Geesammy(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Royalprince pls help me on dis question frm your experience
If I come in through a tourist visa wats the possibility of getting a menial job in order to renew my stay or wat if I register in a cheap language center over there can dey give me a student card to still cover my stay till I can have enuf fund to enroll in a university ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
Geesammy:
Royalprince pls help me on dis question frm your experience
If I come in through a tourist visa wats the possibility of getting a menial job in order to renew my stay or wat if I register in a cheap language center over there can dey give me a student card to still cover my stay till I can have enuf fund to enroll in a university ?
It's possible to change tourist /visit visa to student visa but the chance is very slim. Also, it depend on the school that can do that for you (That's if you get one) but again I repeat the chance is very slim and I won't advice such.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lambaprince: 6:44am On Nov 16, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

I mail the schoolUTAD) asking for accommodation reservation and they said I can't get it until I pay for it. and I planned paying for tuition and accommodation on arrival
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
lambaprince:
I mail the schoolUTAD) asking for accommodation reservation and they said I can't get it until I pay for it. and I planned paying for tuition and accommodation on arrival
They sent accommodation reservation to me with former admission letter without paying a dime yet...I don't understand your situation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wassup guys there thread aren't moving..please let's keep it alive..
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
Moneybag aw fw with your processing
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
idoo4love:
Moneybag aw fw with your processing
Bro, nothing much to update....I have submitted my education document for verification and this will take like 1 to 2 months.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Okay bro.what r d docs you summitted for the undergraduate programme .do u know wen their admission will be out again
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2014
@theroyalprince ...i sent a mail to ipb.pt thats a polytechnic in braganca and i was given their requirement .was ask to authenicate and legalize my waec and testimonial and also provide certificate of proficiency of english...want to ask if i can eveluate my english scores on my waec result as d test of english or is there a way u can help me talk to them ;;;thanks ...pls wen will utad admission be out
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 11:24am On Dec 02, 2014
TheRoyalprince: i dey hail! I got "I do not acceptance the application online (e-mail), I only acceptance the documents with the stamp of the embassy sent by post" message from IPB.

How can i go about getting the documents stamped from the embassy?

Demaejy: you try! how you dey? been a while and never knew Portugal was a nice place to seek for admission o.

idoo4love:
@theroyalprince ...i sent a mail to ipb.pt thats a polytechnic in braganca and i was given their requirement .was ask to authenicate and legalize my waec and testimonial and also provide certificate of proficiency of english...want to ask if i can eveluate my english scores on my waec result as d test of english or is there a way u can help me talk to them ;;;thanks ...pls wen will utad admission be out

I sent that same school a mail but got something different from yours.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
idoo4love:
The school just changed their admission requirements starting from next year academic session. Congratulation to those that scale through before the new requirements. The new admission requirements states that you have to authenticate and legalize to your SSCE result from MOE and MOF, then to the embassy for verification and legalization (unlike before when you do all these after getting admission), so now it is before admission. Also, the English proficiency test required is either TOEFL or IELTS. I don't know how they use to evaluate English of SSCE and I have never had of that. May be you mail the school on such.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

The school just changed their admission requirements starting from next year academic session. Congratulation to those that scale through before the new requirements. The new admission requirements states that you have to authenticate and legalize to your SSCE result from MOE and MOF, then to the embassy for verification and legalization (unlike before when you do all these after getting admission), so now it is before admission. Also, the English proficiency test required is either TOEFL or IELTS. I don't know how they use to evaluate English of SSCE and I have never had of that. May be you mail the school on such.

what are the chances of one getting admission after undergoing on those listed processes ? and does Utad have any new changes towards getting admission from them?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks Royalprince,,I just got a mail from UTAD to send my application form and passport to them for Feb 2nd preparatory class..my question is am I sending it through Email or Post and secondly can I still meet up with the visa processing b4 Feb or After
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
gowaga68:

what are the chances of one getting admission after undergoing on those listed processes ? and does Utad have any new changes towards getting admission from them?
The chance of getting admission is high once you have a good grades. I don't know for UTAD, you can get more info from the school Web.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
idoo4love:
Thanks Royalprince,,I just got a mail from UTAD to send my application form and passport to them for Feb 2nd preparatory class..my question is am I sending it through Email or Post and secondly can I still meet up with the visa processing b4 Feb or After
It should be through email except if the school request that you send it through post. The chance of meeting up with the visa process before February is slim but you can work towards that cos anything is possible. The fact is, just keep on moving with the process, you will get there with time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks I realy appreciate...they didn't request for it

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.