Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201493 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
moneybag100:
This portuguese embassy lawyer goes every where for verification...

Sure now abi yu dey fear?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
moneybag100:
This portuguese embassy lawyer goes every where for verification...
Have you started already? I thought we dey go next week?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
HelloT:

Have you started already? I thought we dey go next week?
No, I have a friend doing his own presently, though not UTAD. Till nxt week.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Soyedele1:

Sure now abi yu dey fear?
Lol, fear weytin? Am submitting legit.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Hello. T, you dey on point, you can look for other alternative. In short, is possible you get your visa through with UTAD admission letter and documentation and enrol in another school here. N/B: You need to have another school admission and accommodation before you can do that cos the school you enrol with will be the one to process your resident permit card for you.
Hello...bro I know it doesn't matter but it wouldn't be ideal to take an admission letter of October resumption to the embassy....please kindly tell the school to re issue us the new admission letter for February intake..and I heard some school also send admission letter copy to embassy direct...Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
Theroyalprince pls, we are Still waiting for new admission letter.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
Theroyalprince are we to legalize our secondary transcript too because the consular woman requested for secondary school transcript either... which I heard it consist of results from ss1 to ss3(1st term to third term) which makes total of 9 result at ministry of foreign affairs and education too? That's like 27k at 3k per 1 doc? With waec?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2014
moneybag100:
Theroyalprince are we to legalize our secondary transcript too because the consular woman requested for secondary school transcript either... which I heard it consist of results from ss1 to ss3(1st term to third term) which makes total of 9 result at ministry of foreign affairs and education too? That's like 27k at 3k per 1 doc? With waec?

Secondary schl transcript is just a page and all ur grades will be filled on it and stamped. It doesn't mean it has to be nine results or documents
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2014
Soyedele1:

Secondary schl transcript is just a page and all ur grades will be filled on it and stamped. It doesn't mean it has to be nine results or documents
Oh thank you...I got it now...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by seangy4konji: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Bro. Good day. I sent you a pm. Very urgent and important regarding masters studies there. Plz reply
TheRoyalprince:
Two Nairalanders traveling to Portugal tomorrow.
Both for M.Sc at University of Minho
I'm so glad that this come courtesy of this thread.
Congratulation to Mr. Abdul and Mr. Ojapinwa.
Pls come on and contribute on this thread too.
Wish others too all the best.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by surethings(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
moneybag100:
is there anything like secondary school transcript well doing my days there is nothing like that...all you will get is testimonial and your waec certificate.....i hope the testimonial can be use in place of secondary school transcript.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
Soyedele1:

Can we use our testimonials in lieu of secondary school transcript? Wasn't given either?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
surethings:

is there anything like secondary school transcript well doing my days there is nothing like that...all you will get is testimonial and your waec certificate.....i hope the testimonial can be use in place of secondary school transcript.
I hope so too, wasn't given any either....I think that's what's they meant...let wait and hear opinions.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by surethings(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Okay...i was in my old school today to get the testimonial........i discourse the transcript with the secretary...she just dey look me grin grin grin cheesy...there is no such thing like school transcript in govt secondary school i don't know about private school.......all you will get is testimonial and waec certificate after 3 years of graduation

@ TheRoyalprince...please have you discourse with the school?...your face scarce for this thread ooo.... i hope all is well?
surethings:

i will appreciate if you can talk to the school to issue us new admission letter for February intake..i don't think it will be proper for us to use the old admission letter the risk is high. and moreover it will cost the school nothing to issue us new admission letter
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
moneybag100:

Can we use our testimonials in lieu of secondary school transcript? Wasn't given either?

Testimonial is diff frm transcript. Yu can ask ur schl for dt. My schl refused to gv me, sd I shld brng my report card frm ss1 to ss3 lol
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
moneybag100:

I hope so too, wasn't given any either....I think that's what's they meant...let wait and hear opinions.
They won't know what is meant by transcript at secondary school level. You just need to do yourself a favour by explaining and draft a sample for them. However, before they can give you, you need to provide your report cards from SS1-SS3.

Therefore, so they will do it in tabular form, and calculate the average percentage mark of all subjects taken, all on letter headed paper of your school. There should be remark in front of each subject.

Lastly, your principal should stamp with h/er signature there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Demaejy:

They won't know what is meant by transcript at secondary school level. You just need to do yourself a favour by explaining and draft a sample for them. However, before they can give you, you need to provide your report cards from SS1-SS3.

Therefore, so they will do it in tabular form, and calculate the average percentage mark of all subjects taken, all on letter headed paper of your school. There should be remark in front of each subject.

Lastly, your principal should stamp with h/er signature there.
Oh okay.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Have gotten my transcript, theroyalprince the only thing that delay now, is the new admission letter for February intake...please kindly talk to the school on our behalf.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2014
The school communication is wack!! Person go email the school no response...nawa o
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
I told you guys earlier that for now, you don't need any admission letter. The embassy will contact the school when you apply for visa to know the authencity of your admission letter and if they have slot to admit you guys for February or June intake. I have someone that got visa with last year admission letter from University of Minho (That's if you agree, and if you don't, that's your cup of tea.).

Someone send me PM calling me all sort of names that I don't reply on time and I asked him, how much did you pay me to post and reply?
I have already concluded that I will leave the thread but I shouldn't use someone mess to mess others up.
I have more than 10 people courtesy of this thread waiting for their visa and I guess some might have gone far with their process.
The guy that call me names knows himself and I do urge him to know that seun and justwise are not paying me a dime but when he comes to Portugal, I promise him €500 or a month accommodation. You pay back evil with good.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
I told you guys earlier that for now, you don't need any admission letter. The embassy will contact the school when you apply for visa to know the authencity of your admission letter and if they have slot to admit you guys for February or June intake. I have someone that got visa with last year admission letter from University of Minho (That's if you agree, and if you don't, that's your cup of tea.).

Someone send me PM calling me all sort of names that I don't reply on time and I asked him, how much did you pay me to post and reply?
I have already concluded that I will leave the thread but I shouldn't use someone mess to mess others up.
I have more than 10 people courtesy of this thread waiting for their visa and I guess some might have gone far with their process.
The guy that call me names knows himself and I do urge him to know that seun and justwise are not paying me a dime but when he comes to Portugal, I promise him €500 or a month accommodation. You pay back evil with good.
Who would have said that? The person must be so silly for that...did he pay for anything....guys theroyalprince don't owe us anything...he's just doing this out of goodwill...
We shall go with the printout admission letter with us....but I heard that woman do ask a lot of question. And please if embassy contact the school, kindly tell the school to say we are given admission for February intake, if said June the embassy can delay out visa processing.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Chai nawa for some people oo bros you really have a good heart.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Block that person, that is what i do as i do receive loads of insults here from people like that.

Help people as much as you can and ignore the ungrateful ones, just like you i'm not getting paid for this.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
HelloT:

Chai nawa for some people oo bros you really have a good heart.
HelloT shey e no go b monday like this? Me wan watch ball for weekend o...and traveling on Sunday somehow...I have to attend church.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by evantical: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Plz Royal dont mind people who are ungrateful.thanks so much.plz did you look into my case.I dont know if you can remember.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gadafitruth: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
@moneybag and helloT, You guys should not rush things as I see you do not know what you are getting yourself into yet, 2500euros for a language course and the Uni unresponsive mail reply should indicate that something is not really right(although its not all wrong).

There are many Uni's in Portugal that their studies are in english and they reply their mail within 24hours.. I have been through this route before so pls calm down and apply to somewhere communication is between Yourself and the institution.No third party either paid or free coz thats the bedrock of easing the tensions of any mistake during program application, visa/permit application, and school enrollment.

Eventhough some Portugese Uni's are jacking up their fees, so also some raise fees and communicating with them is fluid. Many will want you believe that all Uni's in Portugal will do that; the answer is not all and not most but some only. So dont be alarmed

Do the search my people, its not rocket science to see requirement and make enquiries on things you are not clear of(not something already stated on their website)

Bottomline is go to Uni that you have communication with so you do not burn your money on fees you wont even be able to explain how they came about.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:58am On Oct 20, 2014
Nawa o
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
gadafitruth:
@moneybag and helloT, You guys should not rush things as I see you do not know what you are getting yourself into yet, 2500euros for a language course and the Uni unresponsive mail reply should indicate that something is not really right(although its not all wrong).

There are many Uni's in Portugal that their studies are in english and they reply their mail within 24hours.. I have been through this route before so pls calm down and apply to somewhere communication is between Yourself and the institution.No third party either paid or free coz thats the bedrock of easing the tensions of any mistake during program application, visa/permit application, and school enrollment.

Eventhough some Portugese Uni's are jacking up their fees, so also some raise fees and communicating with them is fluid. Many will want you believe that all Uni's in Portugal will do that; the answer is not all and not most but some only. So dont be alarmed

Do the search my people, its not rocket science to see requirement and make enquiries on things you are not clear of(not something already stated on their website)

Bottomline is go to Uni that you have communication with so you do not burn your money on fees you wont even be able to explain how they came about.
Are you in Portugal also? Everything is going on fine and the only concern is the school don't reply emails.just wondering if embassy were to contact them and unable to get them... And worry About new admission letter stating February...and I don't think the 2500 euro is for 4 month language course... ...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
@gadafitruth @moneybag100 It's a bit scary sha I'm having second thoughts... don't want to rush and have regrets later. I've mailed the rector cos he said I should mail him so he can now how many people have applied for the language program me before we proceed.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
HelloT:
@gadafitruth @moneybag100 It's a bit scary sha I'm having second thoughts... don't want to rush and have regrets later. I've mailed the rector cos he said I should mail him so he can now how many people have applied for the language program me before we proceed.
What do you suggest now? Is the 4 months language school really 2500 euro...or that's a session fee? The recro not replying my email...and kindly tell him about new admission letter stating feb intake.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gadafitruth: 3:27am On Oct 21, 2014
moneybag100:

Are you in Portugal also? Everything is going on fine and the only concern is the school don't reply emails.just wondering if embassy were to contact them and unable to get them... And worry About new admission letter stating February...and I don't think the 2500 euro is for 4 month language course... ...

I was once an exchange student there long time ago.. I do not need to be in Portugal to give you valuable info as I can see you are in a rush and it could be fatal when reality sets in.

Language program lasts for about 8 months minimum(so do you want to just learn Portuguese for that long for so much money?). You can use that 2500euros to pay for fees elsewhere in Portugal(English-taught programs) including accommodation for up to months.

Embassy goes by what you present to them, and when they need verification and contact school directly with no response, your application will be gathering dust at the table, until the school responds.. So be patient and choose wisely
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gadafitruth: 3:38am On Oct 21, 2014
HelloT:

My advice is to start learning portugese in Naija right now, saves you money and helps when you land. Many schools are just transitioning to these English-taught programs just like Germany did in 2012, so more and more Uni's are opening up such programs.

Some will be opening up there portal by November for the 2015 winter session while others will start in February, there is still time, so gather all you need to succeed by learning Portuguese, try doing IELTS to know your English level(not necessary but helps you access yourself better)

Some English-taught program fees wont change and are not more than 1000 - 2500euros.. so that saves you money on exorbitant language course than you can use to fully settle down(even you will possibly leave Portugal in about a 1.5years or 2years, the best part is you have ECTS POINTS for subjects taken which makes you transfer to UNI's in EU region without losing any semester or year, you can also transfer outside the region with partner UNI's if you have the cash)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.