Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201581 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Soyedele1:

Can You pls tell me what exchange program is all about?

lol..i presently don't stay in Nigeria

Most of this schools outside Nigeria has exchange arrangement with each other.
If you're in a Tertiary institution in Nigeria, find out the universities they have exchange agreement with and the requirement.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tobzzy(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
ikswiss:
Lots of them check bogazici the last school I sent you is one of the best school in the university ranking 85 in the world and very low tuition fee
I check bogazic and metu, though their tuition fee are low but their admission is not on now. Is there any university whose admission is on with low tuition.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thank God for seeing Us through on MOE and MFA, now holdin on for Portugal Embassy for the next step. Could anyone direct me on how to get to the embassy from MFA?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hello guys ..compliments of the season to u all.please what's happening on this thread.please let's all keep the faith alive
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy New Year to you all.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
My guys, you need to be prayerfull, I heard a guy was denial visa last month....portuguese embassy have now started making thorough scrutiny of visa processing due to 2 Cameronians that was given visa to Portugal from Nigeria(we share the same embassy) to ipb poly but unfortunately they didn't even branch the school, they just absconded from portugal to other country.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2015
moneybag100:
My guys, you need to be prayerfull, I heard a guy was denial visa last month....portuguese embassy have now started making thorough scrutiny of visa processing due to 2 Cameronians that was given visa to Portugal from Nigeria(we share the same embassy) to ipb poly but unfortunately they didn't even branch the school, they just absconded from portugal to other country.
Oh, that's very serious. They are making things hard for genuine people. It won't be our portion.

Have you heard from embassy lawyer?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2015
That's serious, we surely need to be prayful .
So what other measures will the embassy take now ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
Demaejy:

Oh, that's very serious. They are making things hard for genuine people. It won't be our portion.

No....I haven't. I am getting frustrated its almost 2 months now and need to resume school next month.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
moneybag100:

No....I haven't. I am getting frustrated its almost 2 months now and need to resume school next month.
Don't be frustrated.. we are on the same boat. It remains just two weeks to be a couple of months that I have submitted too. May God sees us through.

Regarding the person that got denied, what if s/he submitted a fake document ? It could be accidental to the issue of absconded Cameroonians. What do you think?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
Demaejy:

Don't be frustrated.. we are on the same boat. It remains just two weeks to be a couple of months that I have submitted too. May God sees us through.

Regarding the person that got denied, what if s/he submitted a fake document ? It could be accidental to the issue of absconded Cameroonians. What do you think?
It may be the case but I don't think so...even the natalia woman of ipb poly said something like that.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
Demaejy:

I just want them to make decision early so one to know what's up though am optimistic for positive.
I have hungary admission letter with me that I got through an agent but since have venture into portugal processing can't go on with that.
Do you know if hungary will issue visa for BA english language and american study?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
moneybag100:

It may be the case but I don't think so...even the natalia woman of ipb poly said something like that.
Really? I didn't receive such message from her.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
moneybag100:

I just want them to make decision early so one to know what's up though am optimistic for positive.
I have hungary admission letter with me that I got through an agent but since have venture into portugal processing can't go on with that.
Do you know if hungary will issue visa for BA english language and american study?
Why not, Hungary is very lenient with student visa processing. But it could be hard for that course I guess. Only if you can convince them in your interview.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
The issue of the Cameroonians that absconded from the school after getting to Portugal is so sad to hear. The fact remain that they can't cheat their way in as much the guys will still be in schengen countries if there 3 months Temporary visa should expire without renewal at SEF (Portugal Home Office). Schengen countries now have security treaty coalition with each other in which once you go against one country policy, all others schengen countries will be on alert.

I had about it and it was my close friend Jnr brother visa that was denied without any reason. All the documents he submitted was real and genuine. What is the excense of the verification and authentication that aplplicant were subjected to at the embassy?

I will write a complaint article on such comes in few days time and cc: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, House Committee on Diaspora (Abike Dabiri Erewa) and European Union Commission (Annex) in Abuja demanding reason for his rejection and the delay Nigerians are facing at the embassy.

European and American Embassies were all aware of Africans wanting to stay back and seek greener pasture in their countries by absconding the purpose of their travel. It has been there before but we only pray for it to the bearest minimum.

To all perspective students going to Portugal for study. Don't panic and lose hope. Keep on dancing to the music of your dream and rock your stage. Nevertheless, this should be a lesson for all. Wish you all the best in your process.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
TheRoyalprince:
The issue of the Cameroonians that absconded from the school after getting to Portugal is so sad to hear. The fact remain that they can't cheat their way in as much the guys will still be in schengen countries if there 3 months Temporary visa should expire without renewal at SEF (Portugal Home Office). Schengen countries now have security treaty coalition with each other in which once you go against one country policy, all others schengen countries will be on alert.

I had about it and it was my close friend Jnr brother visa that was denied without any reason. All the documents he submitted was real and genuine. What is the excense of the verification and authentication that aplplicant were subjected to at the embassy?

I will write a complaint article on such comes in few days time and cc: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, House Committee on Diaspora (Abike Dabiri Erewa) and European Union Commission (Annex) in Abuja demanding reason for his rejection and the delay Nigerians are facing at the embassy.

European and American Embassies were all aware of Africans wanting to stay back and seek greener pasture in their countries by absconding the purpose of their travel. It has been there before but we only pray for it to the bearest minimum.

To all perspective students going to Portugal for study. Don't panic and lose hope. Keep on dancing to the music of your dream and rock your stage. Nevertheless, this should be a lesson for all. Wish you all the best in your process.
I wonder why there is the processing of verification then. Even it shouldn't be we Nigerians that will face the consequences, it was Cameroonians ... Thank you brother, you are such a fount of inspiration to this thread.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by idoo4love: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
Demaejy:

I wonder why there is the processing of verification then. Even it shouldn't be we Nigerians that will face the consequences, it was Cameroonians ... Thank you brother, you are such a fount of inspiration to this thread.
ALL IS WELL
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
moneybag100: pls do you have any mobile contact of the lady or anyone at the lawyers section of the Embassy?

hope you doing good?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
gowaga68:
moneybag100: pls do you have any mobile contact of the lady or anyone at the lawyers section of the Embassy?

hope you doing good?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
moneybag100:

thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
tobzzy:
have checked but admission for 2014-2015 is over . Is that the only one for now
try emu
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Moneybag100 , how are you brother... Any info about this lawyer? Almost 2months.....

And is there any particular time to call the embassy?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 10:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Demaejy:
Moneybag100 , how are you brother... Any info about this lawyer? Almost 2months.....

I have been calling the lawyer's number since given the number with no answer...
Is there anything special to be done to get them through phone?
this people sef.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
gowaga68:

I have been calling the lawyer's number since given the number with no answer...
Is there anything special to be done to get them through phone?
this people sef.
I didn't give you the lawyer number...I gave you embassy number. You can't get the lawyer number until you are been called by them. So it will not be appropriate to call the lawyer.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Demaejy:

My brother, am tired of this people..its 2 month since I submitted and no any response even the embassy don't pick calls.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
moneybag100:

I didn't give you the lawyer number...I gave you embassy number. You can't get it lawyer number until you are being called by them. So it will not be appropriate to call the lawyer.
Figured that out when I looked their embassy site.
thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lamestika(m): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls I have HND in agric eng and I intend to have my masters in portugal or any european country pls what will I apply for is it straight master or pgd also do I need to authenticate it at NUC or embassy.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mail sent to Natalia, IPB International Relation Officer

Date: Jan 7, 2015 9:58 AM
Subject: RE: COMPLAIN ABOUT NIGERIA PERSPECTIVE STUDENTS/VISA APPLICANTS TO IPB BRAGANCA
To: "Natalia Santos" <natalia@ipb.pt>
Cc:

Dear Ma,

How are you and how was your holidays? Is good to see you back in office and kudos for your assistance and support to perspective students.

My ink may sink so deep but am to inform you on the current situations on ground ranging from visa process to arriving and studying in IPB.

No doubt about IPB being among the top ranking schools in Portugal making more application to flood in day in day out but it is worrisome when perspective student dream become nightmare.

I’m overwhelmed with emotions of the experience some students coming to IPB Braganca were currently facing at the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.

Nigeria Government decided to kick against the practice, where its citizens are treated without any dignity over visa applications in their own country.

IPB as a learning and training institute needs more friends than enemies these days, they need talent and genius. If in the final analysis Nigerians are made to be maltreated when it comes to visa issuance without IPB interceding on their behalf, then we watch out for race difference and biasness.

It is necessary for IPB to call Portugal Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria in to order to ensure the dignifying treatment of all applicants irrespective of their nationalities.

The respect Nigerians have for Portugal will be a thing of the past if they realize that Portuguese Immigration Office (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria; only say the word and ignore the doing of the word of not treating applicants equally irrespective of race and religion. Nigerians have gone through enough at Portugal Embassy in Abuja that my opinion of Portugal seems to be changing substantially.

A Nigerian perspective student to IPB was denied visa which he has watertight cases, adequate documents and enough funds than you will find in the bank account of an average Portuguese, but still he was denied with no reason.

I am not oblivious of the fact that the conduct of some visa applicants at home and abroad has greatly contributed in making the Portugal Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja to be harsh on Nigerian visa applicants.

Moreover, neighborhood Cameroonians applicant applying through Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria also contributed to the harsh on visa applicants by absconding against the purpose of their travel visa once they get to Portugal. These should not be an avenue for making someone sin to be someone punishment. Remember, we cannot compromise the fact that people are not sinner but we can be sin-less.

Perhaps, these can be brought to the bearest minimum by introducing a systematic method in which applicants will be subjected to paying part payment of their tuition fee or full tuition fee prior before getting visa. No sane one will pay such amount of fee and abscond from the purpose of his/her studying when he/she travel to Portugal.

I am making plea to IPB to stand on their feet and save us from the trauma applicants coming to IPB were facing at Portuguese Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Nigeria.

We recognize your effort as the International Relation Officer and IPB in all but notwithstanding; we need your coalition this time around.

Thank you.
XXXXXXX

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
TheRoyalprince:

Subject: RE: COMPLAIN ABOUT NIGERIA PERSPECTIVE STUDENTS/VISA APPLICANTS TO IPB BRAGANCA
Cc:

Dear Ma,

How are you and how was your holidays? Is good to see you back in office and kudos for your assistance and support to perspective students.

My ink may sink so deep but am to inform you on the current situations on ground ranging from visa process to arriving and studying in IPB.

No doubt about IPB being among the top ranking schools in Portugal making more application to flood in day in day out but it is worrisome when perspective student dream become nightmare.

I’m overwhelmed with emotions of the experience some students coming to IPB Braganca were currently facing at the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.

Nigeria Government decided to kick against the practice, where its citizens are treated without any dignity over visa applications in their own country.

IPB as a learning and training institute needs more friends than enemies these days, they need talent and genius. If in the final analysis Nigerians are made to be maltreated when it comes to visa issuance without IPB interceding on their behalf, then we watch out for race difference and biasness.

It is necessary for IPB to call Portugal Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria in to order to ensure the dignifying treatment of all applicants irrespective of their nationalities.

The respect Nigerians have for Portugal will be a thing of the past if they realize that Portuguese Immigration Office (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria; only say the word and ignore the doing of the word of not treating applicants equally irrespective of race and religion. Nigerians have gone through enough at Portugal Embassy in Abuja that my opinion of Portugal seems to be changing substantially.

A Nigerian perspective student to IPB was denied visa which he has watertight cases, adequate documents and enough funds than you will find in the bank account of an average Portuguese, but still he was denied with no reason.

I am not oblivious of the fact that the conduct of some visa applicants at home and abroad has greatly contributed in making the Portugal Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Abuja to be harsh on Nigerian visa applicants.

Moreover, neighborhood Cameroonians applicant applying through Portugal Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria also contributed to the harsh on visa applicants by absconding against the purpose of their travel visa once they get to Portugal. These should not be an avenue for making someone sin to be someone punishment. Remember, we cannot compromise the fact that people are not sinner but we can be sin-less.

Perhaps, these can be brought to the bearest minimum by introducing a systematic method in which applicants will be subjected to paying part payment of their tuition fee or full tuition fee prior before getting visa. No sane one will pay such amount of fee and abscond from the purpose of his/her studying when he/she travel to Portugal.

I am making plea to IPB to stand on their feet and save us from the trauma applicants coming to IPB were facing at Portuguese Immigration Service (SEF) and Portugal Embassy in Nigeria.

We recognize your effort as the International Relation Officer and IPB in all but notwithstanding; we need your coalition this time around.

Thank you.
XXXXXXX

Nice one there, God bless you .
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zhukafa(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
TheRoyalprince:

Cc:

Dear Ma,

Thank you.
XXXXXXX

Thats a good write up. kudos to you bro.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
TheRoyalprince, you are simply the best. Thanks for your helpful right up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.