Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (48237 Views)

True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2010
Do people actually forget that people naturally tend to gain weight as they grow older    undecided

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by meyri: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
Reasons are plenty. Stress pregnancy and life in general. Metabolism slows down as you get older. But honestly if there no motivation or reason to lose weight why would a women bother. Must men would not say anything about their women weight until it get out of hand. Then theres problem and it becomes more difficult to lose weight. I say nip it in the bud in the beginning of marriage. Discuss weight and what make one appealing to the other. Then both of them work it out at the same time recognizing limitations. If I ever get married I say to my husband I didnt marry you with a pot belly so I dont expect you to grow one.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by DEMAWEALTH: 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
1 Ignorance of the health hazards associated with fatness.
2 Over Eating
3 Wrong notion about fatness - some women think that fatness is an evidence of good living

DEMAWEALTH
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by deelady(f): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
They get fatter because an ejaculation contains up to 6 calories.

Do u know ow many percent of calories the woman gets into her body per week? wink and Im sure married people dnt use condom. grin

Dis is d basic truth smiley!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by misterani(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
I've seen lots of women with close to half a dozen children that still looks 'sweet-16', so dont tell me that the calories just add up with growth. Check out those women, u'll see that most of them dont even drive themselves. They have drivers, housemaids, and lots of helpers and still dont have time to exercise their body or relax when they get stressed up. I Personally sacked my mom's driver cos her size was getting out of hand. I'll soon sack the cook too.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by omoba4real: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please read this inspiring story about marriage:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.
She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.
Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

Read the rest of this story here http://soinspiringstories..com/2011/10/marriage.html
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dangel: 5:24am On Feb 02, 2012
dangel link=topic=18400.msg2864197#m[quote author=n-guage:

Sorry man. Dude I know saying this makes me a jerk but it sucks to be you, what were you doing as she got fatter everyday, you should have cautioned her or something.

I know, but I do love her. She says she has "fat genes" as if to imply that it's not her fault. But she eats like a pig, which has more to do with it i think. Now she's even fatter than in that photo.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Attention(f): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
so many reasons. some due to happiness and relaxation, no more worries,child birth, food, sex in a relaxed environment, some full time house wives, sleep, watching films, etc.

anyway there are also others that get slim after marriage due to nagging husbands, poverty, childlessness, depression, fighting and quarelling, feeding money wahala etc

so on which side of the divide do you wish to be?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by njosibu(f): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
jafar: What Happens To Women's Figure 8 When They Get Married?

Why would a woman get married as a slim, beautiful figured lady and all of a sudden get married and blow up looking so fat? Yet when the husbands go looking for figure 8 ladies, the fat wife begins to get upset.

So what is wrong with women that they watch this happen to them?

I have followed your responses and the one thing i can say is this. If a woman cares enough about how she looks and her health, to lose weight, let her do all she can.

On the other hand, if she is doing it so her husband won't look outside, she can forget it. A dog is a dog is a dog. A man who will cheat will cheat. The Omotola you people hold up here as role model, maybe you don't know that at some point, that marriage was on the verge of collapse cuz her pilot husband could not "stay one place". Look at Halle Berry, i mean, you would think "who can cheat on Halle Berry?". But Eric Benet was sleeping with everything in skirts. You see? So ladies, do it for yourself.

And if you are obsessed with your body like i am, don't let any man tell you "i like flesh". Do exactly what you want with your body.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by buccie(f): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hmmnnn,stress and d mentality dat dey v gotten to their bustop maritally.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by toygod2: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
nyc question
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
i really do feel sorry for nigerian women...getting such pig-brains like the OP for men
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by tonym1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
IBADUN BECAUSE THEY EAT AS MUCH AS THEY CAN cheesy

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by enaye1(f): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ujujoan: Do people actually forget that people naturally tend to gain weight as they grow older    undecided

Besides, there is also called hormonal changes that happen to women in larger doses than men!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by iyaayi(f): 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
vikumo:
Me thinks it depends on the woman. After our baby came, my wife almost drove me crazy with her quest to get back to shape. She was a size 12 before child birth, but got up to size 14 after child birth. She got a fitness trainer who came in 3 times a week for two months, and it worked. She got back to size 12 and everyone keeps saying she doesn't look like someone who have given birth to a child. For me, as much as i felt she was waisting money bringing in a personal trainer, i appreciated the fact that she wanted to look good for herself and maybe me, and she gave her all to it, despite her schedule of work, cooking and taking care of the home and baby, plus ime. i appreciated the fact that it came out fine. shocked shocked shocked

Whao!! That's really motivating..

My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / Couple Compare Their 'Then & Now' Photos As They Mark 25th Wedding Anniversary