Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread (50155 Views)

Season 3 Premiere Of Marvel Agent Of S.h.i.e.l.d [download Link] / Windeck Fan Thread. / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by pickabeau1: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2014
Series take time to build up into.. you grow into them

Even Game of Thrones was boring at first...ep 1

Are u a marvel world fan

RayMcBlue: Couldn't get past the pilot, then I jumped it to watch the 2nd episode, but couldn't get past it either. I started scanning through the episodes but to my utter dismay, the whole thing is riddled with CGIs and lame monologues. When I watch a show, I live for the quotes. Sadly there's no notable, intelligent quotes to be garnered here.

Characters are not compelling enough and very hard to relate to. I especially hate the "Ward" character. Got the same problem with "Arrow" and "Smallville", BTW.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2014
pickabeau1: Series take time to build up into.. you grow into them

Even Game of Thrones was boring at first...ep 1

Are u a marvel world fan

I respectfully disagree with your take on "GOT." The HBO fantasy horror drama series was an instant hit right from the get-go. On the other hand, you may have a point on your view that some shows tend to take their little sweet time to really kick off. But typically, the lull doesn't last long and usually makes a significant improvement mid season or earlier.

New FX show "The Strain" had that effect on me. At the beginning, I didn't take to it but after the 3rd episode finished airing, my initial assessment of the TV series underwent a complete metamorphosis. Right now, it's one of my best shows on TV.

The same cannot be said of "AOS", however. I didn't like episode 1 to 12, so I just have to give up on it... and I did.

------------
I'm a DC guy myself and naturally don't care much for Marvel productions and comics, but in my defense I did like "The Avengers" and "Thor" and so can be objective when it's required. And for the record, I don't like "Smallville" and "Arrow" either, and both of 'em were DC Comics flagship TV shows.

My opinion had nothing to do with where it originated from. It's not sentimental in nature, rather it's professional and practical.

1 Like

Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by pickabeau1: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2014
GOT started slow... and a lot of it was propelled by fans of the book coupled with the fact its HBO. check it out

Strain..ive heard of it..waiting for it to finish

The reason i asked is because the back story of the Shield Agents is fuzzy bar Nick Fury who was popularised through the Iron Man films

Interestingly.. Thor for me was wack...same with Capt America
Iron Man bad comics.. good film
Avengers.. superb!

DC to me still has the best storylines imo

No issue with your opinion... but AOS to me has the draw that it is less of heroes and more of humans

RayMcBlue:

I respectfully disagree on your take on "GOT." The HBO fantasy horror drama series was an instant hit right from the get-go. On the other hand, you may have a point on your view that some shows tend to take their little sweet time to really kick off. But typically, the lure doesn't last long and usually makes a significant improvement mid season or earlier.

New FX show "The Strain" had that effect on me. At the beginning, I didn't take to it but after the 3rd episode finished airing, my initial assessment of the TV series underwent a significant metamorphosis. Right now, it's one of my best shows on TV.

The same cannot be said of "AOS", however. I didn't like episode 1 to 12, so I just have to give up on it... and I did.

------------
I'm a DC guy myself and naturally don't care much for Marvel productions and comics, but in my defense I did like "The Avengers" and "Thor" and so can be objective when it's required. And for the record, I don't like "Smallville" and "Arrow" either, and they were DC Comics flagship TV shows.

My opinion has nothing to do with where it originated from. It's not sentimental in nature, rather it's professional and practical.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by cao(f): 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Attempted to watch"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" again last week, without bias this time, but couldn't. I really do hate CGI riddled shows, especially one with little to negligible character developments. I don't see this NBC show earning a sort of reputable recognition by winning any form of the prestigious Emmys Awards anytime soon.

What's with NBC and ridiculous shows nowadays, anyway? First, it was "Grimm", and now this?? They should stick to their comfort zone which is "police procedural" and leave the kiddies stuff to The CW.

It's an ABC show not NBC. Disney owns ABC & Marvel, hence why the MCU films & TV crossover works smoothly. Plus, you do know they will be doing Constantine, Heroes: Reborn and Emerald City in the upcoming 2014/2015 TV season on NBC, right? I suggest you run for cover...
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
cao:

[It's an ABC show not NBC. Disney owns ABC & Marvel, hence why the MCU films & TV crossover works smoothly.
Well, that's a friggin relief. NBC is my favorite go-to network for great police procedurals, namely:

-Hannibal
-Taxi Brooklyn
-Awake
-The Negotiator
-Law & Order: SVU
-The Blacklist
-(Even Grimm)

^^^ Thus, I really would hate to see them start churning out silly shows like both of MTV and The CW are wont to. With the exception of CBS and maybe FOX, they are the best broadcasting network out there that carters for "Mature" audience.

ABC on the other is crappola. Most of their shows are made for kids and old people.

cao:
Plus, you do know they will be doing Constantine, Heroes: Reborn and Emerald City in the upcoming 2014/2015 TV season on NBC, right? I suggest you run for cover...

If "Constantine" TV series is going to be anything like the Keanu Reeves movie, then I expect it to be okay. I like the sound of "Heroes: Reborn." Maybe Peter Petrelli, the human sponge is coming back. Can't wait. Emerald City sounds like another police procedural with a supernatural twist... like "Grimm." So what? I love Police procedurals.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by khanivorous(f): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
RayMcBlue:
Well, that's a friggin relief. NBC is my favorite go-to network for great police procedurals, namely:

-Hannibal
-Taxi Brooklyn
-Awake
-The Negotiator
-Law & Order: SVU
-The Blacklist
-(Even Grimm)

^^^ Thus, I really would hate to see them start churning out silly shows like both of MTV and The CW are wont to. With the exception of CBS and maybe FOX, they are the best broadcasting network out there that carters for "Mature" audience.

ABC on the other is crappola. Most of their shows are made for kids and old people.

If "Constantine" TV series is going to be anything like the Keanu Reeves movie, then I expect it to be okay. I like the sound of "Heroes: Reborn." Maybe Peter Petrelli, the human sponge is coming back. Can't wait. Emerald City sounds like another police procedural with a supernatural twist... like "Grimm." So what? I love Police procedurals.

That taxi brooklyn of a show is a disgrace from nbc...couldn't even stand a taxi driver doing a cop job..no way
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
khanivorous:

That taxi brooklyn of a show is a disgrace from nbc...couldn't even stand a taxi driver doing a cop job..no way

grin
^^ It's an absurd concept. No argument with you there.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by bunmioguns(m): 6:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Hmnm... gonna watch out

where can I download?
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Op, am totally lost.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Deiok(m): 6:27am On Sep 01, 2014
I just finished watching season 1 two days back. The series is not realy my type. It a nice movie though. I am currently watching The blacklist now.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by repogirl(f): 6:40am On Sep 01, 2014
MizMyColi: Eagerly and Patiently awaiting Season Two grin I think Ward'll be forgiven. Choi!! Skye's Father is Uugglly more like Monster-ish. I hope she upgrades to Kickass babe in the next season. Joss and Jed Whedon (The show's creators) are, for lack of words on my part to describe them; SuperHumans cheesy
seriously! Waiting for season too, my fav badass is Agent May, the Asian woman, the womans face is strong, hardly smiles and has an air of wicked mystery about her..... As for ward, shocker when we found out he was hydra but I was kinda suspecting him before..... Wonder how they'll spin the story so he becomes one of the team again... The guy is too fine to be a villain embarassed
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Goldenheart(m): 6:40am On Sep 01, 2014
space booked!
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by desmon02(m): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b] ;DHappY new month everybody
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by segradino(m): 6:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Aint gat time for Series now

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by alotofgrace(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2014
hulk..most powerful hero ever
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Urine: 6:48am On Sep 01, 2014
MizMyColi: Eagerly and Patiently awaiting Season Two grin I think Ward'll be forgiven. Choi!! Skye's Father is Uugglly more like Monster-ish. I hope she upgrades to Kickass babe in the next season. Joss and Jed Whedon (The show's creators) are, for lack of words on my part to describe them; SuperHumans cheesy

Why in this world should Ward be forgiven? I guess season two will tell us who Skye really is. I'm tired of waiting for season two. #HailHydra
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by oleeee(m): 6:49am On Sep 01, 2014
mtsww,,,,let me go nd create my own thread,,,game of throne fans,,,
shield fans ko shield abebe ni
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Youpele52: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2014
Facts you need to know about Ebola that the media is careful not to bring to light

www.nairaland.com/1881874/why-does-cdc-own-patent#25925474
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 01, 2014
I never knew it was a seasonal movie... am buying it asap
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by donclark(m): 6:50am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by oleeee(m): 6:52am On Sep 01, 2014
i also watch dis series,,,e no pain me sha bcx i did not use my money 2 buy it,,,
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Shollay20(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by MizMyColi(f): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2014
Urine:

Why in this world should Ward be forgiven? I guess season two will tell us who Skye really is. I'm tired of waiting for season two. #HailHydra
HailHydra whaattt!!!! Perchance have you watched Captain America (winter soldier) to know what Hydra is all about and what really happened to Fury? If I hear?! HailHydra ko? angry HailAmoeba ni grin

1 Like

Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by MizMyColi(f): 7:43am On Sep 01, 2014
repogirl: seriously! Waiting for season two, my fav badass is Agent May, the Asian woman, the womans face is strong, hardly smiles and has an air of wicked mystery about her..... As for ward, shocker when we found out he was hydra but I was kinda suspecting him before..... Wonder how they'll spin the story so he becomes one of the team again... The guy is too fine to be a villain embarassed
Ohohoho cheesy Help me tell Pickabeau1 o o cool
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Deiok(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

And I am saying jog it... this is something i just watched yesterday.. he let it run then killed it

Better 1 than 2? No... Ward should hang,,, though i know they will bring him in again

Series nowadays must have a betrayer so its not new.. After they made Nina Myers bad,, nothing fazes me anymore

No he didnt kill the dog, he only made its run away. But that his S.O i cant realy remember his name knew he was not going to do it, then shot and killed the dog with a sniper as it was running.
Thats why he also use that same worlds again when he asked him to eliminate both fitz's and simmons.
Ward is not realy a bad charater per say, just that he was manipulated.
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by homesteady(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2014
I was watching the film in my neighbour"s room yesterday! its interesting!
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2014
wat of Sango in The Alapoka film?
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by pickabeau1: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Hmm... i think you guys need to watch that episode again

The flashback was tied to him releasing fitz simmons into the depths of the water

He killed that dog.. he dumped the two into the water

Deiok:
No he didnt kill the dog, he only made its run away. But that his S.O i cant realy remember his name knew he was not going to do it, then shot and killed the dog with a sniper as it was running.
Thats why he also use that same worlds again when he asked him to eliminate both fitz's and simmons.
Ward is not realy a bad charater per say, just that he was manipulated.

Na today monkey no fine and hin mama like am??

MizMyColi: Ohohoho cheesy Help me tell Pickabeau1 o o cool
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by nymphomaniac(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
I score d series 6/10...that's cos of fitz simmons. Anyway, I will see season 2 wen it airs but I eagerly await the resumption of my favorite....THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!!!
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by chiyex(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
check out this show titled " under the dome".
Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by bastien: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2014
Lame series

Make dem just. use style cancel d series......

If any of una don watch The Last Ship,una go quit dis agent of kini

1 Like

Re: [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread by MizMyColi(f): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Please what's the dog killing episode.
lemme go and rewatch.
pickabeau1: Hmm... i think you guys need to watch that episode again

The flashback was tied to him releasing fitz simmons into the depths of the water

He killed that dog.. he dumped the two into the water

Na today monkey no fine and hin mama like am??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Site To Download Free HD(avi format)Movies From / BBNaija: Meet Kim Oprah, The Ex-beauty Queen (Photos) / BBNaija: Efe Had Sex With 2 Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.