Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies (3311 Views)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / 5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / Fell@tio and cunnil!ngu.s-a Taboo In African Marriages. Where Do We Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

Yo yo. Nothing dear. I was just looking for all the username that starts with B.

How your squat exe going?

i gave up even before I started , i discovered a new hobby instead, frying and storing different flavors and textures of chin chin grin. I will resume squats after munching the new batch I fried .

How did the bikini contest go or did you give up and started preparing versions of akwu stew instead ? grin

Hopefully my next hobby will be discovering the cure to the dreaded Ebola, if we don't save Naija, who will? cool
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
I saw these same men shouting and calling some 'particular' women jobless feminist who lives on the internet for saying what they want. I left only to be brought by back by their noise even when these women are not here. Are they mad or something? And can i call them 'MENMINIST' seeing that they are more jobless, permanently resident on the net and even shouting the women's want more than theirs....or is there a better name for them since they say can only TAG but not get TAGGED!

4 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

i gave up even before I started , i discovered a new hobby instead, frying and storing different flavors and textures of chin chin grin. I will resume squats after munching the new batch I fried .

How did the bikini contest go or did you give up and started preparing versions of akwu stew instead ? grin

Hopefully my next hobby will be discovering the cure to the dreaded Ebola, if we don't save Naija, who will? cool

I knew you will give up. The contest was cool. Although I started doing some weight lifts and my toned arm begin grow muscle shocked I had to stop sharp sharp. But it was really good for the stamina.

Now back to eating what ever I want but in moderate.
I haven't done the ofe akwu yet. I still dey fear for stoke cheesy.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

I knew you will give up. The contest was cool. Although I started doing some weight lifts and my toned arm begin grow muscle shocked I had to stop sharp sharp. But it was really good for the stamina.

Now back to eating what ever I want but in moderate.
I haven't done the ofe akwu yet. I still dey fear for stoke cheesy.

If you dey fear stroke now, wetin you go fear at 60? cheesy
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

If you dey fear stroke now, wetin you go fear at 60? cheesy

My dear, don't wanna think about it. The fear of old age is the beginning of cheesy
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

My dear, don't wanna think about it. The fear of old age is the beginning of cheesy

grin grin grin That thing really get as e be.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

grin grin grin That thing really get as e be.

You too. cheesy that's why one need to make provision for old age. The body sagging is another thing and long ears according to efemenaxy cheesy.
Abeg, I never reach to think that kin thing.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy grin
You're not serious o.
And I was waiting for you to show me results to inspire me to start mine.
You were my inspiration embarassed grin
Now you stopped I've to use you as excuse for not doing mine.
beeevan:

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: cheesy grin
You're not serious o.
And I was waiting for you to show me results to inspire me to start mine.
You were my inspiration embarassed grin
Now you stopped I've to use you as excuse for not doing mine.

Mehnnnn...very tiring, it felt good when I kept it rolling for 2weeks but some how I got distracted. Chillisauce just 'gingered' my swagger, so am starting this night, no more excuses cheesy tongue.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

Mehnnnn...very tiring, it felt good when I kept it rolling for 2weeks but some how I got distracted. Chillisauce just 'gingered' my swagger, so am starting this night, no more excuses cheesy tongue.
I tried too and my thighs ached for days. I'm not even sure I was getting it right.

I always have excuses. Hehehe.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

You too. cheesy that's why one need to make provision for old age. The body sagging is another thing and long ears according to efemenaxy cheesy.

Chilli nah financial provision sure pass Gbam! That Efe's description is haunting, i doubt if she has no diploma in a course that is old age based grin.

I don't know which scares me more about old age, the fact that you are getting closer to your expiration or the change in appearance
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy:
I tried too and my thighs ached for days. I'm not even sure I was getting it right.

I always have excuses. Hehehe.

If it ached, then you got it right I guess,how many do you perform per section? I must resume this night, at least 10 squats, 10 lunges.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:
Chilli nah financial provision sure pass Gbam! That Efe's description is haunting, i doubt if she has no diploma in a course that is old age based grin.
I don't know which scares me more about old age, the fact that you are getting closer to your expiration or the change in appearance

You need to start growing your natural hair o. Because when old age comes na secura or Moro Moro you will have. Brazilian hair no go gree attach for the hair again o.
Eh. Life is short menh.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

Chillisauce:

Shuo?!

What's going on here ladies? Why una dey shout my name this humid evening? embarassed lipsrsealed

Did I really say those things? Dia iz goddd o! grin

How you all been? Cococandy, Beev and Chili? kiss kiss kiss

***Lemme go read this thread from the beginning...***
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

You need to start growing your natural hair o. Because when old age comes na secura or Moro Moro you will have. Brazilian hair no go gree attach for the hair again o.
Eh. Life is short menh.

That's where bonding glue comes it, Thank God grey weaves and wigs are available in the market,all they need is to apply some glue to my bald skull and do the needful grin.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
The squats hard no be small.
10 was tough. But I managed it.

Then the other one I no know wetin dem dey call am cheesy similar to lunges.
But involves kneeling with both palms on the floor and lifting the legs as high into the air as possible. Hold for five slow counts and slowly bring it down. Then alternate.
I did 20 of that(10 for each leg)
Mehn my buttt was vibrating after.

I'm inspired now. Will start again.

Efemenaxy kiss kiss kiss
You've been sorely missed

beeevan:

If it ached, then you got it right I guess,how many do you perform per section? I must resume this night, at least 10 squats, 10 lunges.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Shuo?!

What's going on here ladies? Why una dey shout my name this humid evening? embarassed lipsrsealed

Did I really say those things? Dia iz goddd o! grin

How you all been? Cococandy, Beev and Chili? kiss kiss kiss

***Lemme go read this thread from the beginning...***

Very good dear, how are you and yours? You haven't been around much lately smiley.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: The squats hard no be small.
10 was tough. But I managed it.

Then the other one I no know wetin dem dey call am cheesy similar to lunges.
But involves kneeling with both palms on the floor and lifting the legs as high into the air as possible. Hold for five slow counts and slowly bring it down. Then alternate.
I did 20 of that(10 for each leg)
Mehn my buttt was vibrating after.

I'm inspired now. Will start again.

Efemenaxy kiss kiss kiss
You've been sorely missed

Wow, i just learnt something new, the one similar to lunges, i will try it, thanks kiss.

2 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

That's where bonding glue comes it, Thank God grey weaves and wigs are available in the market,all they need is to apply some glue to my bald skull and do the needful grin.

grin low cut won't be a bad idea too.
Efemenaxy wé Were just discussing characteristics of old age on human.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

Wow, i just learnt something new, the one similar to lunges, i will try it, thanks kiss.

Here are some pics.
Do you know I even bought I dumbell that I can't remember where I kept them cheesy

The first pic is the one I was describing to you before.

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

Ahhh...yeah, I remember now.

My comments were based on observation jor. It just gets annoying when you read threads berating women from looking like yanga-tolo-tolo in their sisi days. Yes, marriage, childbirth and the stresses of holding down a full-time job do take their toll eventually. Any man who wants their lady to look like she was before marriage and kids should dip his hands very deep into his pockets and fund her gym sessions and personal body trainers. Nor be by mouth.

Anyway, no need popping vexation over threads and comments created by bored teenage kids. One more reason why this section isn't what it used to be. With all the "what if's" and "it happened to a friend-of-a-friend" slowpoke-ish threads of recent.

Beeevan (you've got an extra 'e' in your name? cheesy ), Cococandy... that wig isn't such a bad idea for those ladies that'll eventually go bald. At least it's guaranteed to keep the head warm during the winter / cold seasons cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

Yes low cut won't be bad but it seems old people feel cold often, my grand ma always wore a knitted cap to cover her bald head.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy:

Here are some pics.
Do you know I even bought I dumbell that I can't remember where I kept them cheesy

The first pic is the one I was describing to you before.

This third one nah dieoooo shocked , i doubt if I can do that. I tried the one you described but from the pics, i got it wrong. I will try doing it correctly, thanks very much kiss. Have you tried the one on the 3rd pic?
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
^^ Yes, the elderly do tend to feel cold a lot easier than their younger counterparts. That's why they're advised to always wrap up warm. Part of the ageing process...
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
^ ^ ^ ^ That makes low cut a bad idea angry.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Wig dey na...

Or travel back to Naija where it's constantly warm 24/7 365 days of the year... smiley
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Tried that one only once. grin
It looks like it will work but it's just too damn tough.
Felt like my neck was gonna snap.
beeevan:

This third one nah dieoooo shocked , i doubt if I can do that. I tried the one you described but from the pics, i got it wrong. I will try doing it correctly, thanks very much kiss. Have you tried the one on the 3rd pic?
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by beeevan: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: Tried that one only once. grin
It looks like it will work but it's just too damn tough.
Felt like my neck was gonna snap.

I better not try... sad
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Some exercises aren't meant for those who aren't already in top-form.

Beev and coco, not saying that you aren't but would you both kindly furnish us with pics of you struggling with exercise #3? Pretty pls? grin grin
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
beeevan:

Yes low cut won't be bad but it seems old people feel cold often, my grand ma always wore a knitted cap to cover her bald head.

My grand mum had a low cut but scanty hair. I guess the hair at old age becomes softer. Efemenaxy am I right ? smiley

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

My grand mum had a low cut but scanty hair. I guess the hair at old age becomes softer. Efemenaxy am I right ? smiley

Now you're reminding me of my Nan. She used to fix hers herself. It was long, but not long-long. smiley

I don't know about becoming softer, but I do know that it tends to 'thin out'. So yeah, I guess that what you mean by it getting softer. I read somewhere a long time ago that when the hair goes grey / white from old age, for those who really live long, the hair then starts to revert to it's original colour. Can't for the life of me remember what that process is called...There is a medical term for it.
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Op leave Africa/Africans for Africans

Don't know what made you think your points or advices count

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Iyalodes (Women Leaders) Are Not Witches / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries / 10 REALLY Annoying Things Parents Say To Teens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.