Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House (12436 Views)

Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council / Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by bokoslayer: 9:15am On Aug 03, 2014
oppinionated: Hmmmmm dicey

Israel should do more to minimise civillian casualties. They are not doing enough obviously

Cos an average Palestinian is a potential terrorist be it young or old! Google 'Israel and Gaza summer camp' and you will see how these 'innocent kids and civilians' are being taught how to shoot real guns and tactics on how to abduct Jews. I'm sure after you've seen that, your opinion of the Gaza people will change.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Fornorth(m): 9:17am On Aug 03, 2014
Those dirty jews are just cowards

Those jews are just cowards they just attack an unarmed civilians killing them in cold blood,I'm just hoping for the day that jews will touch the like of iran instead of killing childrens and women.DEATH TO ISRAEL. AND ALL THEIR ALLIES AROUND THE WORLD.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by datribune: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2014
theplanmaker: sometimes I just feel that they are all brothers,....Hamas, boko haram, al qeada nd all other Muslims

That's because u ar ignorant & ill-informed. Ur intellectual laziness & bigotry will not make u see dat d Palestinian struggle is not a TERRORIST/MUSLIM/ RELIGIOUS issue. It is naive & grossly unfair to compare or equate d Palestinian struggle wit terrorism like d BH senseless carnage. d struggle of d Palestinians Is about an illegal LAND GRAB by zionists & d just struggle by militants resisting d illegal occupation of their land. Freedom fighters worldwide rely on guerilla tactics & are labelled terrorists by d powerful propaganda of d oppressors. Try & educate urself & u'll know dat even Mandela, d ANC & its armed wing were demonized & labelled terrorists during d anti-apartheid struggle. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by datribune: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2014
bokoslayer:

Cos an average Palestinian is a potential terrorist be it young or old! Google 'Israel and Gaza summer camp' and you will see how these 'innocent kids and civilians' are being taught how to shoot real guns and tactics on how to abduct Jews. I'm sure after you've seen that, your opinion of the Gaza people will change.

They ar not terrorists. They ar fighting oppression, injustice & racism. Imagine some foreigners frm Poland or wherever dis jews came frm because of d anti-semitic oppression they were suffering decided they needed a homeland & settled in ur fatherland. They occupy over 88% of ur land & cage u & ur people in one small corner of ur homeland wit a land, air & sea blockade. They hav killed & continue to kill, maime & jail many of ur friends, family & loved ones. Growing up & all ur life dis is d type of treatment u hav always got frm d Jews. Nigeria only shared Niger-Delta oil, not occupy it & u saw d result. Why ar u surprised dat d Palestinians resist & continue to fight d zionist occupiers who instead of working 4 peace thru a 2 state solution continue to build settlements non-stop on d land of d future state of Palestine.
By d way try making independent decisions. There's so much deception & disinformation out there. Majority of what u read on Google is zionist propaganda. The powerful Israeli lobby & d zionist propaganda machine controls d international media & d only remaining world super power

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Ayomax(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2014
datribune:

dis post is frm an extremist wit dangerous beliefs. u ar no different frm BH.
go fuk urself!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by ayoelegs: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2014
There will never be peace in Palestine until Palestinians learnt to love their children more than they hate Israel. If they can use their own babies as explosives tell me what they can't do to Israel.
For Christians, be informed that there is a global Islamic agenda to take over the world... from middle East to Europe, Europe to US, US to Africa.
You may Google the Abuja Convention by Organisation of Islamic Countries on Wikipedia and you come to realise that there is more to the agitation in the world than meet the eye.
... Ishmael still hates Isaac and will do all to subdue it. Don't hate the Muslims rather pray for them. They are mere willing tools in the hand of the enemy of Man, Christians and Muslims alike- Lucifer.

5 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Noftaj(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris: Death to all muslims! How come no christian in protesting in IRAQ against the thousands ISIS is killing? Yea because the muslims are an intolerable and temperamental bunch of child abusers!
Death to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by psalm68(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2014
datribune:
That's because u ar ignorant & ill-informed. Ur intellectual laziness & bigotry will not make u see dat d Palestinian struggle is not a TERRORIST/MUSLIM/ RELIGIOUS issue. It is naive & grossly unfair to compare or equate d Palestinian struggle wit terrorism like d BH senseless carnage. d struggle of d Palestinians Is about an illegal LAND GRAB by zionists & d just struggle by militants resisting d illegal occupation of their land. Freedom fighters worldwide rely on guerilla tactics & are labelled terrorists by d powerful propaganda of
d oppressors. Try & educate urself & u'll know dat even Mandela, d ANC & its armed wing were demonized & labelled terrorists during d anti-apartheid struggle. One
man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

If they are not terrorist,what are they?i think the ignorant and ill-informed one here is YOU.
Are u saying that zionist are currently occupyiny the palestinian land,havent them been given self governing status?why are the arab league leaders against hamas?havent u seen the tens of tunnels they dored into israeli states ?

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by psalm68(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2014
Israel will continue to destroy all the tunnels and continue to strike them down whether they(hamas)use their fellow palestinians as shield or not.we keep saying that civilians are dieing while hamas are firing rockets from residential houses and even near UN schools.

Operation protective edge is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by AnanseK(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2014
Gracious3105: but Israel ve not be launching rocket or using suicide bombs to terrorize d Christians.

Talk to the Christian Arab population in Gaza and west bank . They have been decimated by the Jewish assault and massacre.
The ignorant always believe that all Arabs are Muslims and lump together the large percentage of Palestinian Christians equally fighting for their homeland .

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by GCFR696(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2014
theplanmaker: sometimes I just feel that they are all brothers,....Hamas, boko haram, al qeada nd all other Muslims
Yes we are
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by GCFR696(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

We have being trying to reason with them for hundreds of years now, look where it got us. The more you reason, the more foolish and weak you appear to them. it's high time they know that we would never condole any rubbish from them and any violence would be adequately returned.
A clown in Nigeria forming solidarity with jews.... I laugh in hebrew
Born say u be igbo, enter isreal Mek dem show u pepper...Idiaaaat

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by uyplus(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2014
datribune:

They ar not terrorists. They ar fighting oppression, injustice & racism. Imagine some foreigners frm Poland or wherever dis jews came frm because of d anti-semitic oppression they were suffering decided they needed a homeland & settled in ur fatherland. They occupy over 88% of ur land & cage u & ur people in one small corner of ur homeland wit a land, air & sea blockade. They hav killed & continue to kill, maime & jail many of ur friends, family & loved ones. Growing up & all ur life dis is d type of treatment u hav always got frm d Jews. Nigeria only shared Niger-Delta oil, not occupy it & u saw d result. Why ar u surprised dat d Palestinians resist & continue to fight d zionist occupiers who instead of working 4 peace thru a 2 state solution continue to build settlements non-stop on d land of d future state of Palestine.
By d way try making independent decisions. There's so much deception & disinformation out there. Majority of what u read on Google is zionist propaganda. The powerful Israeli lobby & d zionist propaganda machine controls d international media & d only remaining world super power

The Jews existed in the bible and that was even before Islam and Arabs ever existed. If israel is existing on Palestinian land, den u shd say America is on da red Indians land and shd b booted out. U shd also say egypt is existing on African soil wen we know they r pure Arabs. An Egyptian Neva refers to hmslf as an African buh as an Arab. Wakeup son. Who gave Palestinians d land? Who told em dey existed before the Jews please? The does Samaria, Judea n co sound Arabic to yu pls? If yu value humanity as such, den rise up agnst the evil Ur Islamic brothers n co religious jihadist r commiting on a daily basis all in the name of martyrs. Jews r nt christians buh we all share sumfn in common (suffering from Islamic terrorists). Imagine sum1 puttn up a suicide vest laddened wit bomb fighting for their god. He really must b a powerless n impotent one. Islam has divided the world. Norway is a peaceful place buh a jihadist detonated bombs harming unarmed civilians n even went on wit a gun for a shooting spree.. u Muslims don't see that. All the minority xtian population in cancerous Islam dominated countries are subdued and evn killed, yet noone protests. The Sudanese woman that was almost murdered by coldhearted folks lik you because sh s xtian and ha late dad muslim who died n left ha at a very tender age. Ha xtian mum raised ha up in a xtian way yet Ur evil folks insisted sh inherits a cancerous religion from ha dad which sh knew nufn abt. Moslms r wicked ppl. Devilish ppl. I don blam em doe.

5 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by datribune: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2014
psalm68:

If they are not terrorist,what are they?i think the ignorant and ill-informed one here is YOU.
Are u saying that zionist are currently occupyiny the palestinian land,havent them been given self governing status?why are the arab league leaders against hamas?havent u seen the tens of tunnels they dored into israeli states ?

Yes, they ar not not terrirists, don't get it twisted, d Palestinian struggle is about militants resisting d illegal occupation of their land by extremist zionists. It is about a people's resistance to an illegal land grab by d nation of Israel & not a conflict by religious terrorists. Yes, zionists ar occupying d lands of d indigenous Palestinians. because of d anti-semitic oppression they were suffering in Europe, zionists decided they needed a homeland & settled in Palestine. d UN later brokered peace between d zionists & d Arab nationalists & agreed on a 2 state solution - Israel & Palestine. d zionists hav their Israel but ar not interested in Palestinians having their state & continue to build illegal settlements even as we speak on d lands allocated in d agreement to d future state of Palestine. The Arab league is not against hamas, some Arab counties ar because of d great divisions in d Arab world. What is d root cause of d tunnels?. d tunnels were born out of necessity due to d blockade. d ingenuity of d Palestinians made them to find a way to survive d blockade. d tunnels ar d lifeline of gaza. b4 d blockade were their tunnels?. I concede dat they may be used also 4 military purposes when there is a need as we hav now.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by GuyFawkes: 10:55am On Aug 03, 2014
tintingz: They think it is a war against Islam?

So why are Christians supporting Israel? Because they are god chosen people in the bible?

Sorry the Israelis don't give shiit about Christianity.

Where Zionism has arrived today should come as no surprise - its premise flawed and its pursuit folly. A premise born of religious belief in being "God's Chosen" and the folly enforcing biblical claim to "The Promised Land". The absurdity of giving any of this non-sense credence is mind-numbing. Israel, backed by the West, is a leading example of "settler-colonialism" - immigrants overtaking a land already inhabited by others. It should come as no wonder why the Palestinians remain resistant.
Unfortunately some Nigerian christians are so brainwashed,that if the Zionists said Nigeria was promised to them they'd gladly welcome them and swear allegiance to be their slaves till eternity.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by prettyboi1(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Fuucckking Nigerians that would be worshipping Israel. I really hate that ish. Ignorance is a very big problem in this country. A lot of Nigerians (particularly Christian Nigerians) don't know Jack about Israel & when you talk,the first thing you hear them say is "Israel is a sacred country." Look, politics in this world is different from faith in God & faith in God is very different from religion. Many black people don't understand this & that's why we black people don't really have anything strong in this world. We don't have strong currencies,strong militaries,strong economies,strong research centres,strong health-care systems,strong languages etc. At least one country on every other continent has one and or more of these. We don't have these because we choose to be ignorant & just believe superstitions rather than investigate & be logical. We can do all these things just like every other person cause we have the abilities if we choose to,it's just that we prefer to be mentally lazy & superstitious rather than logical & practical.
The state of Israel today is not the same as the biblical Israel,besides the major national religious affiliation of Israelis is "JUDAISM" not Christianity you ignoramuses. Present day Israel was created in 1948 out of land mostly belonging to Palestine . Over several years, Israel had been trespassing ,creeping and extending into Palestine territory seizing their lands. Today, Palestine is so small that it is not even recognized as a country internationally. What's wrong is wrong....things in life don't always have to be about religious and or ethnic sentiments. Palestinians mostly keep fighting the imperialist tendencies of Israel otherwise they would stay oppressed forever on their own land by foreigners. You and I know most nations would do just what Palestine is doing right now if they were in the same shoes so I don't see why people just talk without logic. By the way,I'm a Christian so please I don't want anyone of those religious twist to things without logic.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by GuyFawkes: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
AnanseK:

Talk to the Christian Arab population in Gaza and west bank . They have been decimated by the Jewish assault and massacre.
The ignorant always believe that all Arabs are Muslims and lump together the large percentage of Palestinian Christians equally fighting for their homeland .

Oops don't you know Nigerian christians are the most deluded beings that ever walked the face of the earth.
They wouldn't know there are many Palestinian christians in both Gaza and West Bank.
They believe Israelis are fighting a sort of christian Vs muslim war LMAO
Since when did Judaism and christianity become allies?
Neither do they know there are millions of Israeli arabs and other minorities inside Israel who live as second class citizens in an apartheid state.Do we remember the staunchest allies of the apartheid regime in South Africa? Oops Israel,its obvious they were taking tutorials from the racist south africans.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Daniel6(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2014
kkkp: Israel is a terrorist nation
i see stereotype,bigotry and prejudice.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by lorRhyMeZ: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2014
neuljosh: I thought they (muslims) have always hated westerners. Why not go to Mecca to protest instead. In my opinion, Washington should turn deaf hears on them while Israel shows them what its like to be terrorist.

Deaf ears u mean... grin

MbatinMbatin folk..

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Donfox2: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Its unfortunate when I see Christians protesting against israel. These jews are only helping themselves to prevent future annihilation of their race by a violent wicked hamas amd all their islamic allies. If they where the ones witj the upper hand they would do a lot worse than israel is doing..I urge u to find out from history what they are capable of.gaza shld be another hiroshima for all I care

5 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by PheezyLee(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2014
most times i find it difficult 2bliv dt blockheads,slowpokes lyk u stil xist.. *thinking*
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by gowaga68: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2014
okay, we don hear so what the f..c...k?
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by gbrown(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2014
CFCfan: CNN are reporting that hundreds, if not thousands of people are demonstrating outside the White House compound.

The protesters are ostensibly angered by Washington's pro-Israel stance in the ongoing conflict
Muslims killing Coptic Christians in Egypt
Muslims killing Christians and bombing churches in Nigeria
Muslims with the backing of Isis killing Christians in Iraq and Syria
Muslims killing on somalia,Algeria and Kenya,
Muslims killed a British soldier
Games drew first blood by firing rockets into Israel and the kidnap and killing of three innocent Jews returning from school
Muslims having clashes with Hindus in India
Conclusion, Islam is a religion of terrorist.
Let all jihadist gather against Israel, islamist will never triumph over Israel,
Islam is the greatest threat to world peace,

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by gowaga68: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Donfox2: Its unfortunate when I see Christians protesting against israel. These jews are only helping themselves to prevent future annihilation of their race by a violent wicked hamas amd all their islamic allies. If they where the ones witj the upper hand they would do a lot worse than israel is doing..I urge u to find out from history what they are capable of.gaza shld be another hiroshima for all I care
which of the said history book did you read oga? Without much looking for lots of books kindly google the Name HITLER (if am not mistaken as of the last time i checked on that name he was still a Christian (a devoted one for that matter).
. Here is a partial listofall the areas from which the Jews have been banished from, sometimes on numerous occasions, over the last thousand years.
Mainz 1012   Lithuania 1495
France 1182   Portugal 1496
Upper Bavaria 1276   Naples 1496
England 1290   Navarre 1498
France 1306   Nuremberg 1498
France 1322   Brandenburg 1510
Saxony 1349   Prussia 1510
Hungary 1360   Genoa 1515
Belgium 1370   Naples 1533
Slovakia 1380   Italy 1540
France 1394   Naples 1541
Austria 1420   Prague 1541
Lyons 1420   Genoa 1550
Cologne 1424   Bavaria 1551
Mainz 1438   Prague 1557
Augsburg 1438   Papal States 1569
Upper Bavaria 1442   Hungary 1582
Netherlands 1444   Hamburg 1649
Brandenburg 1446   Vienna 1669
Mainz 1462   Slovakia 1744
Mainz 1483   Moravia 1744
Warsaw 1483   Bohemia 1744
Spain 1492   Moscow 1891
Italy 1492
Again i would want one of you to mention or point out just one Islamic country among this listed countries. For more information kindly search The Synagogue of Satan
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by sarutobie(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
datribune:

That's because u ar ignorant & ill-informed. Ur intellectual laziness & bigotry will not make u see dat d Palestinian struggle is not a TERRORIST/MUSLIM/ RELIGIOUS issue. It is naive & grossly unfair to compare or equate d Palestinian struggle wit terrorism like d BH senseless carnage. d struggle of d Palestinians Is about an illegal LAND GRAB by zionists & d just struggle by militants resisting d illegal occupation of their land. Freedom fighters worldwide rely on guerilla tactics & are labelled terrorists by d powerful propaganda of
d oppressors. Try & educate urself & u'll know dat even Mandela, d ANC & its armed wing were demonized & labelled terrorists during d anti-apartheid struggle. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter
I guess bokoharam are also freedom fighters..they are fighting to emancipate northern muslims from western education, christainity and enlightenment...they are really doing a good job. with bombs and guns.your foolishness has no equal.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by mbhs139(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
true2god: You muslims are ignorant of your religion. This is what allah told mohammed (spit be upon him) in quran 5:51, 'take not christians and Jews as friends, the are friends to one another...'.

So with this incitement from allah asking muslims to take Jews and christians as enemies, how do u expect peace to reign in this world? Anyhw, it seems the God of the Jews is more powerful than allah.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

In the first place, let me stress that Islam urges all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people. Muslims should have good relations with all people. At school, at work, in your neighborhood, etc., you should be kind and courteous to everyone.

Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. Allah has clearly forbidden Muslim from fighting those who fight not their faith or drive them out from their homes. Referring to this, Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers. (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9).

The Qur'an does not say that non-Muslims cannot be Muslims' friends, nor does it forbid Muslims to be friendly to non-Muslims. There are many non-Muslims who are good friends of Muslim individuals and the Muslim community. There are also many good Muslims who truly and sincerely observe their faith and are very friendly to many non-Muslims at the same time.

Islam teaches us that we should be friendly to all people. Islam teaches us that we should deal even with our enemies with justice and fairness. Allah says in the Qur'an in the beginning of the same Surat Al-Ma’dah: O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealings and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety. Fear Allah, indeed Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. (Al-Ma’dah 5:cool

In another place in the Qur'an, Allah Almighty says:

Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers. (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

Moreover, Allah Almighty has described Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as "a mercy" to the worlds. He was a sign of Allah's Mercy to all, Muslims as well as non-Muslims. In his kindness and fair treatment he did not make any difference between the believers and non-believers. He was kind to the pagans of Makkah and fought them only when they fought him. He made treaties with the Jews of Madinah and honored the treaties until they broke them.

He (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have received the Christians of Najran with kindness in his Masjid in Madinah. They argued with him about Islam, but he returned them with honor and respect. There are many examples from his life that show that he was the friendliest person to all people.

In the verse you quoted, the word "Awliya" is used. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".

In the Qur'an this word is used for God, such as Allah is the Protector (or Lord and Master) of those who believe. He takes them out from the depths of darkness to light… (Al- Baqarah 2:257)

There are many other references in the Qur'an that give this meaning. The same word is also sometimes used in the Qur'an for human beings, such as And whosoever is killed unjustly, We have granted his next kin "wali" the authority (to seek judgement or punishment in this case)... (Al-‘Isra' 17 :33)

The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is:

O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust. (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

It is obvious that Jews patronize the Jews and Christians patronize the Christians, so why not Muslims patronize Muslims and support their own people. This verse is not telling us to be against Jews or Christians, but it is telling us that we should take care of our own people and we must support each other.

In his Tafsir, (Qur’an exegesis) Imam Ibn Kathir has mentioned that some scholars say that this verse (i.e. the one you referred to) was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah. And another person said, I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah. So Allah revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other. (See Ibn Kathir, Al-Tafsir, vol. 2, p. 68)

Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. If friendship between Muslims and Jews or Christians was forbidden, then why would Islam allow a Muslim man to marry a Jew or Christian woman? It is the duty of Muslims to patronize Muslims. They should not patronize any one who is against their faith or who fights their faith, even if they were their fathers and brothers. Allah says: O you who believe! Take not for protectors (awliya') your fathers and your brothers if they love unbelief above faith. If any of you do so, they are indeed wrong-doers (Al-Tawbah 9: 23).

In a similar way, the Qur'an also tells Muslims that they should never patronize the non-Muslims against other Muslims. However, if some Muslims do wrong to some non-Muslims, it is the Muslims's duty to help the non-Muslims and save them from oppression, that is fight the Muslim until he surrenders from oppressing others[b/] The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that he himself will defend a Dhimmi living among Muslims to whom injustice is done by Muslims. But Islam also teaches that Muslims should not seek the patronage of non-Muslims against other Muslims. They should try to solve their problems among themselves. Allah Almighty says, [b]Let not the Believers take the unbelievers as their patrons over against the Believers… (Aal-'Imran 3:28)

He Almighty also says: O you who believe! Take not for patrons unbelievers rather than Believers. Do you wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves? (An-Nisaa’ 4:144).

Allah Almighty knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by dangotegroup: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
Register as a distributor and buy dangote cement at #1200 per bag or dangote rice at 6000 per bag. call sales manager RS Scheme 07069037705
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by datribune: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
uyplus:

The Jews existed in the bible and that was even before Islam and Arabs ever existed. If israel is existing on Palestinian land, den u shd say America is on da red Indians land and shd b booted out. U shd also say egypt is existing on African soil wen we know they r pure Arabs. An Egyptian Neva refers to hmslf as an African buh as an Arab. Wakeup son. Who gave Palestinians d land? Who told em dey existed before the Jews please? The does Samaria, Judea n co sound Arabic to yu pls? If yu value humanity as such, den rise up agnst the evil Ur Islamic brothers n co religious jihadist r commiting on a daily basis all in the name of martyrs. Jews r nt christians buh we all share sumfn in common (suffering from Islamic terrorists). Imagine sum1 puttn up a suicide vest laddened wit bomb fighting for their god. He really must b a powerless n impotent one. Islam has divided the world. Norway is a peaceful place buh a jihadist detonated bombs harming unarmed civilians n even went on wit a gun for a shooting spree.. u Muslims don't see that. All the minority xtian population in cancerous Islam dominated countries are subdued and evn killed, yet noone protests. The Sudanese woman that was almost murdered by coldhearted folks lik you because sh s xtian and ha late dad muslim who died n left ha at a very tender age. Ha xtian mum raised ha up in a xtian way yet Ur evil folks insisted sh inherits a cancerous religion from ha dad which sh knew nufn abt. Moslms r wicked ppl. Devilish ppl. I don blam em doe.

I support d cause of d Palestinians because as a xtian dat is d right thing to do. I am not gullible & I know it is not a xtian/muslim/terrorist issue. How can a true xtian support a nation whose guiding ideology is racism, apartheid & zionism.
Comparing d situation of d red Indians etc dat u mentioned to d case of d Palestinians doesn't make sense. Red Indians ar Americans wit all their legal rights guaranteed. Can u say d same about Palestinians?. U can only compare d plight of d palestinians to d plight of d blacks in apartheid south africa because d ideology of zionism is d same as d ideology of apartheid.
In the Bible the word "Jew" means a resident of the land of Judaea regardless of their tribe, race or religion just as an Australian or Englishman may in fact be a Chinese, Negro or an Eskimo, or perhaps a member of the tribe of Judah. Modern day Israelis ar not indigenous to d land,they ar Europeans.
In ur warped reasoning, modern day Israel, a nation of mainly judaists who see Jesus as a fake prophet who came to turn people away frm God ar d people of God. Modern day Israel is a nation of zionists who fled frm Poland & other European nations because of d oppression & anti-semitism they suffered & decided they needed a homeland to escape their ordeal & decided on settling down in Palestine. This zionist land grabbers & children killers ar not indigenous to d land of Palestine because they ar Europeans.
Dude, u need to stop d bigotry & hate. Rather as a xtian stop supporting a nation of racists who enlightened Xtians like d highly respected Bishop Desmond Tutu described as worse than apartheid.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by datribune: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
sarutobie:
I guess bokoharam are also freedom fighters..they are fighting to emancipate northern muslims from western education, christainity and enlightenment...they are really doing a good job. with bombs and guns.your foolishness has no equal.

Mods ar not doing their job. Why ar infants allowed on dis forum?.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by tintingz(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Where Zionism has arrived today should come as no surprise - its premise flawed and its pursuit folly. A premise born of religious belief in being "God's Chosen" and the folly enforcing biblical claim to "The Promised Land". The absurdity of giving any of this non-sense credence is mind-numbing. Israel, backed by the West, is a leading example of "settler-colonialism" - immigrants overtaking a land already inhabited by others. It should come as no wonder why the Palestinians remain resistant.
Unfortunately some Nigerian christians are so brainwashed,that if the Zionists said Nigeria was promised to them they'd gladly welcome them and swear allegiance to be their slaves till eternity.
Lol.

Thanks for this your post. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by wayne4loan: 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
oilyngbati: Muslims are not happy

They’re not happy in Gaza
They're not happy in Egypt
They're not happy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happy in Iraq
They're not happy in Yemen
They're not happy in Afghanistan
They're not happy in Pakistan
They're not happy in Syria
They're not happy in Lebanon
So, where are they happy? They're happy in Australia
They're happy in England
They're happy in France
They're happy in Italy
They're happy in Germany
They're happy in Sweden
They're happy in the USA & Canada
They're happy in Norway & India
They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic! And who
do they blame? Not Islam... Not their leadership... Not themselves...
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!! And they want
to change the countries they're happy in, to be like the countries they
came from where they were unhappy.
Try to find logic in that ! JeffFox worthy on Muslims:
1. If you refine hero in for a living, but you have a moral objection
to liquor... You are a Muslim
2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher, but
you can't afford shoes... You are a Muslim
3. If you have more wives than teeth... You are a Muslim
4. If you think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and
suicide...You are a Muslim
5. If you can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad
against...You are a Muslim
6. If you consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives
in your clothing... You are a Muslim
7. If you were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other
than setting off roadside bombs... You are a Muslim
8. If you have nothing against women and think every man should own
at least four... You are a Muslim
9.If you find this offensive or racist and don't forward it... You are a
Muslim!! --------------------
Buddhists living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = NoProblem
Sikhs living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Hindus = NoProblem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Baha'is = Problem.
Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists= Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS =BIG PROBLEM.
POST and POSTER of the year... I like u and ur post ...#nohomo

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by tintingz(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
sarutobie:
No one is fighting any land with boko haram.

You should also use your brain that boko haram attacks and killings is a thing happening in the north, they are killing their own people.

Does is make sense??

Palestinians want their land back from Israel that's what they are fighting for. Now that cause make sense, they are simply fighting for freedom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 Hilarious Donald Trump Memes / Japa: FG Okays Contract Jobs For Retired Doctors / ‘ Jacques Chirac: Former French President Dies At 86’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.