Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated (6221 Views)

Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship? / Does Religion Impede Development? / Does Religion Really Matter To God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Must every relationship always be sensual? Get an afterlife! tongue
How can a man have a relationship with another man-- and a dead man for that matter?
I don't think Fulaman is into necrophilia.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

How can a man have a relationship with another man-- and a dead man for that matter?
I don't think Fulaman is into necrophilia.

Let me educate you a bit on relationships. We have family relationships, working relationships, erotic relationships which are all different from the agape relationship with your Maker. You will need to get an afterlife to understand this.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Let me educate you a bit on relationships. We have family relationships, working relationships, erotic relationships which are all different from the agape relationship with your Maker. You will need to get an afterlife to understand this.

And how is a dead man fulaman's maker?
See how religion makes u stuupid grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
macof:

And how is a dead man fulaman's maker?
See how religion makes u stuupid grin

Get an afterlife and begin to have a living relationship with your Creator. cheesy
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Get an afterlife and begin to have a living relationship with your Creator. cheesy

I already have a living relationship wit my creator

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
macof:

I already have a living relationship wit my creator

Who is your Creator?
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
macof:

So basically you saying
"study as long as it doesn't interfere with Bible study"
Am I right?

You are not right. Go and read it again. When something means little, or nothing to God, a true xtian gives it little or none of his time.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

But I find that many Christians (well not only Christians really) are against the fundamentals of evolution and science that throws out the theory of the Adam and Eve, and the origin of human civilisation.

What God needs from us is to learn about Him, and do His will. Divine Education is what matters to God nd application.

With that as a xtians PRIMARY pursuit, all other things are secondary. Just like servants of God in the past who had secular education, but refused to allow it guide their lives, so should a xtian be. Any concocted lies raised up against God's word is satanic. One may get the knowledge for some reasons, but never allow it to affect his worship of God just like God's servants of old.

Evolution is one big lie. That "doctrine" is a decoy. You dont disprove the bible with a lie.

What a true christian needs basically is to know how to read, speak, and write. This is the basic knowledge he needs to continue to do much more in his primary purpose on earth, learning about God and doing His will.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
JMAN05:

You are not right. Go and read it again. When something means little, or nothing to God, a true xtian gives it little or none of his time.

What means little or nothing to God?
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
They will push for more

They always start with the dressing code
Then women can't drive
Then separated buses &co
Then women shouldn't go to school
Women shouldn't go out, they should stay @ home in the harem
Then they can't travel or move without a male guardian
Etc

Btw I have always suspected you to b an anti religion,, dunno why

Fair point.

But I'm not anti-religion lol.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Fulaman198(m): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
JMAN05:

What God needs from us is to learn about Him, and do His will. Divine Education is what matters to God nd application.

With that as a xtians PRIMARY pursuit, all other things are secondary. Just like servants of God in the past who had secular education, but refused to allow it guide their lives, so should a xtian be. Any concocted lies raised up against God's word is satanic. One may get the knowledge for some reasons, but never allow it to affect his worship of God just like God's servants of old.

Evolution is one big lie. That "doctrine" is a decoy. You dont disprove the bible with a lie.

What a true christian needs basically is to know how to read, speak, and write. This is the basic knowledge he needs to continue to do much more in his primary purpose on earth, learning about God and doing His will.

Here is my problem with people who are overly religious, I don't think they reason properly. Sometimes they think that God will perform a miracle out of the sky, but that's not how life works. God wants to see you move so that you can move with God. You take 1 grand step, and God will back you up.

There are people out there who don't take their children to hospitals when they fall sick because they believe that 'God will help them.' There is a reason why hospitals exist in the first place. God placed people on this earth to be innovative and creative and not to depend on God for everything. The Almighty created humans to be self-sufficient and to be adaptable to their surroundings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Who is your Creator?

it is known in numerous forms

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
macof:

it is known in numerous forms

Like? undecided
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
JMAN05:

Lol grin everything means everything to God
afterall it created all things

A man without knowledge can't grow in consciousness.. lack of growth in consciousness is a wasted life and a pain to the soul

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
JMAN05:

grin grin you Jehovah witness people are jst so weird.
You reject knowledge for every thing you perceive from Jewish ancient tales
Anyway na u sabi.

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Like? undecided
u won't understand

Do you know of the Olodumare concept of Ifa?
if you don't you can't understand

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Fair point.

But I'm not anti-religion lol.

You just don't know yet
Btw what does I'm not religious means? You don't practice? Or do but for the sake of it
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by tpia1: 2:05am On Aug 19, 2014
^ bro, if i want to travel to cameroon, what do i do?

they say your country has shut the border.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Patience is a virtue

They closed it to put things in place
It will b reopened soon
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by 1ord: 3:32am On Aug 19, 2014
JMAN05: Christianity encourages Divine Education. Even if you want to keep studying till you die, thats very fine. If the issue is about secular education that has no bearing on the scriptures, it means little to God. Granted, When secular education is meant to teach you how to read, write and speak. That's fine. But there should be moderation.

In the scriptures only few had to venture into secular education, though they did so cos they had no choice I think. Of course, they never allowed those things to be their preoccupation, rather Divine Education did.

Christians as temporal residents, do not pursue worldly knowledge as if it is what they are here for. As if it is the way to the solution mankind needs.
i laugh at the lack of depth and thought needed to make such a reply. Are you trolling?

2 Likes

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by 1ord: 3:38am On Aug 19, 2014
JMAN05:

So you reject knowledge based on basis of a 2000 year old book based on a 2000 year old God that chooses the Israelite as his people and as Jesus the Savior of the ""Isrealites"" whilst your a western ex colonal mammal that was subjugated to accept a faith at the barrel of a gun. Pls dont reproduce.So you base your opinion on what is truthful on what some 2000 year old story a cave man cooked up on meth .This is the first time some ones stupidity is so potent that it makes me feel stupid
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by 1ord: 3:40am On Aug 19, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Who is your Creator?
Like the relationship between energy matter and thermodynamics.You call it God but we call it science and have harnessed it to create things that a a man from the jeudo christian myth would term Godly.

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:48am On Aug 19, 2014
tpia1: ^ bro, if i want to travel to cameroon, what do i do?

they say your country has shut the border.

Patience is a virtue

They closed it to put things in place It will b reopened soon
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You just don't know yet
Btw what does I'm not religious means? You don't practice? Or do but for the sake of it

I'm not practicing a religion as of right now. That doesn't mean I'm anti-religion.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by TheBigUrban2: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm not practicing a religion as of right now. That doesn't mean I'm anti religion

Who said that you're anti-religion?

Erm...could you define "anti-religion", please?
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Who said that you're anti-religion?

Erm...could you define "anti-religion", please?

The person I was conversing with.

To be anti-religion is to be opposed to religion, or religious belief. There's also the term "anti-theist" which describes someone who's actively opposed to the belief in God(s). I’m not opposed to religion. But I am opposed to religion or Christianity/Islam/co. being the impetus for policy and legislation, especially in a multi-faith society. Politicized religion = Massive FAIL.

My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
macof:

u won't understand

Do you know of the Olodumare concept of Ifa?
if you don't you can't understand

So you're now a traditionalist, I thought you said you were an atheist? undecided
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
1ord:

Like the relationship between energy matter and thermodynamics.You call it God but we call it science and have harnessed it to create things that a a man from the jeudo christian myth would term Godly.

You are confusing yourself. We don't call the universe God but the handiwork of God. You need to understand that Observational science is different from origin science. The theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of the universe.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

So you're now a traditionalist, I thought you said you were an atheist? undecided

I never said such a thing

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
macof:

I never said such a thing

Belief in the Olodumare concept of Ifa makes you a worshiper of traditional religion.
Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by macof(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Belief in the Olodumare concept of Ifa makes you a worshiper of traditional religion.

how can a man worship traditional religion undecided
Anyway I never identified myself as Atheist

3 Likes

Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
macof:

how can a man worship traditional religion undecided
Anyway I never identified myself as Atheist

Are you a traditionalist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Child Indoctrination / Were Some Prayers Meant For God's Ears Alone? (Pic) / A Question For You - Huxley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.