Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

My Crony - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87903 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Temmytayo20: Wow! I really love dis...
Thanks Temmy, thanks for all dah help....

1 Like

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
hayurmidey: ding dong.. Really fasinitating
Ay!!!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
hayurmidey: ding dong.. Really fasinitating
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Update drops soon... before 9pm
Re: My Crony by dynamo007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
grin m waitin oooo....nxt ep plz sir TDAN

1 Like

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
EPISODE TEN.

A WEEK LATER.

It was on Monday morning, Hakeem was about entering into the car when he remembered he hadn't checked his Facebook notification messages that morning.

He smiled as he unlocked the car and threw the brown envelope that contained some documents he brought home to the passenger's seat beside him. He hopped in, leaving the door unlocked as he switched on his mobile data and went online.

There had been more than thirty comments on the picture but he hadn't seen Aishat's.

For the one week, he wasn't himself as he couldn't call Aishat and he didn't receive her call likewise. His friends had warned him against calling her because she might suspect that he was just playing her. They were sure if he neglected her, she'd be forced to beg him if she really had true love.

"Not her again!" He opened his mouth slightly and let and breathed air out of it. "Does she still have my time? Does this girl have true love for me? It looks like she doesn't care.." he muttered and peeped outside.

Hastrup and Uthman had already came downstairs and were about entering into their cars. "Guys we need a gate keeper here!" Uthman exclaimed as he saw that the gate was locked.

"No qualms, we should get one soon." Hastrup replied him as both walked forward and got the gate opened. Hakeem drove out while each of the guys also drove out after and locked up the gate.

Hakeem dipped his mobile phone into his pocket and waved at the Secretary as he headed to his office. He sat and looked around the office, it had been tidied up. He opened the brown envelope to bring out the documents when the Secretary knocked at the door.

He knew that would be the Secretary because she didn't call him that someone was asking after him. "Come in." He said and rested his back on the chair.

The Secretary walked in smiling. "Sir, someone came to ask after you." She walked closer.

"Who?" Hakeem enquired.

"Miss Aishat." She replied.

"Ais... She came?" He sat up.

"Yes sir, she said she'd been back in two hours' time to check on you again." She replied.

"Aishat came?" Hakeem kept wondering.

"Hope there's no problem? Should I not let her in whenever she comes back?" She enquired.

"Who told you that?" Hakeem sterned.

"Alright sir, I'll allow her." She beamed.

"Two hours right?" He asked again.

"Yes sir." She replied.

Aishat was about leaving the house for Hakeem's place again when Tomisin called her and told her she'd like to discuss with her. They were both seated on the plastic chairs in the living room as Tomisin started the discussion with her. "You know this isn't an easy task, don't you?" She asked.

"I know Tomi, I pray Hakeem is going to concur. I'm really sure he has left me." she replied sadly.

"How sure are you? You can't tell, it might be a test." Tomi told her.

"I know how much Hakeem loved me. A day wouldn't pass without calling my mobile phone. It's more than a week already, and I also told you about the picture he uploaded on Facebook." She informed.

"Hmmn... But you said he overheard all what you discussed with Malik at Fidelity Palace, you never answered Malik now.." she was bothered.

"I know, I was right there when he was discussing with that Azeezat, both talked about love." She sighed.

"Wao! Hakeem.. I can't blame him though, you were at fault then.." Tomi said.

"I know, I've learnt from my mistakes and now changed. I'm quite sure he's now in a relationship with Azeezat." She was sad.

Tomi smiled and petted her. "This is the main reason you have to work with him, you have to be able to clear all your wrongs and let him know you've changed. Now, no string is attached to the work between both of you, that's if he's going to get you employed though." Tomi advised.

"That's true, just start acting like we don't know each other. But, I wouldn't have worked with him, it's simply because I want to ammend my pasts... I really want to end disputes with poeple that are annoyed with me."

"And Alhaji?" Tomi asked her.

"See, Tomisin, please oh." She stood and got set to leave.

That would be the seventh time Hakeem would be glimpsing at the wall clock, he had been expecting the arrival of Aishat. Though, his heart was beating fast, he had called Uthman and Hastrup for them to get him advised. The two friends had told him he shouldn't act as if he was happy with her, he should be frank and straight up with her. They all had been thinking she would come to apologize again or to cause trouble, whichever one, Hakeem was determined.

The phone rang and Hakeem's heart almost skipped a beat. "She should be around now." He muttered as he picked up the call.

"She's here sir." The Secretary got him informed.

"Let her in." Hakeem replied and wiped his face.

Aishat walked in slowly and approached Hakeem's table. "Good morning." She greeted.

"Good morning Aishat, have your seat." He replied frankly.

Aishat sat down. "I came for something important. I've looked around me and saw that no one else can do this but you.." she stopped intentionally and continued. "I need a post that I can be managing in this company. I mean, I need your help concerning employment oppurtunity." She told Hakeem.

"You need what?" Hakeem was slack jawed, watching her with surprise written all over him.

"Yes. I'm sure you must be surprised but that's not important right now." She replied.

"It is, Aishat, it is really important." He said as he continued staring at her. 'She's still as beautiful as usual... but what's up with her two eyes?' Hakeem wondered.

"Alright, Alhaji sacked me and I have nowhere to turn to." She replied.

'Isn't this another way devil will crawl in?' Hakeem sighed as he looked down.

'I have to be strict a little... Ah! Aishat, you caused all this... I shouldn't be behaving this way. When is this acting all gonna stop? Should I even employ her? Only God knows what she has done to Alhaji again..'

"What have you done to him?" Hakeem asked.

"Let's leave that for now, I just need your help."

"But Aishat, things aren't easy the way you think they are... em.. just drop your papers, I'll get back to you." He told her.

"Alright, but please do all you can. I'm really sorry if I've wronged you before, don't use that as an excuse to deal with me, please."

'It seems she's serious... Aishat, begging me? She has come in another dimension just to make me forgive her right... what's all this about? Uthman and Hastrup are going to be shocked like I am... Aishat, begging me?' He kept wondering.

"I can't guarantee my trust, I'll get back to you. Drop your mobile number also." He said.

'Hakeem doesn't have my mobile number again? He has really forgotten me then..' she exhaled.

'I just have to be pretending, if I dont have everyone's mobile number, it's not like you..' he also thought.

Aishat brought out her pen and wrote her mobile number too before she left.

"Guys! Aishat has changed!" Hakeem hit the table as he told him friends.

Immediately Aishat left, Hakeem called on his friends to meet him in the office to tell them about the latest development.

"Guy, don't be a fool! The Aishat we all know or which one?" Hastrup chuckled and clapped his hands together.

"She came for employment oppurtunity." He informed.

"Can you now see that she has come to know what's up? She came to know if you still love her, she came to know how far between both of you because Aishat, the director of one of the biggest companies in this state will come here for that?" Uthman laughed.

Hakeem coughed. "Hmmn... she said Alhaji sacked her. This is even her C.V." He brought out her papers.

"If Alhaji sacked her, don't you know how rich she is? She has friends that have companies too, she has the ability to travel to any country of her choice today, we all know!" Hastrup hit the table too.

"Yes! She can't suffer for years, if she's not working. Who doesn't know Aishat? Who? Do you now think someone like that would come here for such? Don't be fooled!" Uthman added.

"Don't turn my head, I'll keep pondering on it, don't even bother. You can leave for your various offices." He addressed.

"It's your business sef.." Hastrup said as he walked out with Uthman.

■■■■■■■

3 Likes

Re: My Crony by samsondavid(m): 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Boss Tee dan.

Office Love kai. AnotheR dimension.

#Following till d End.

More Strength to ur Elbow!!!

1 Like

Re: My Crony by seunviju(f): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mr T-dan thanks for the update,don't mind if I see more o

1 Like

Re: My Crony by crislyn(f): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
I dey go find am o coz I gat tell her my mind! Lols..good work swirry,u deserve a kiss for all ds ur inspiring work.*kisses*
TemitopeDaniel: Lol.... go tell her oh... grin

1 Like

Re: My Crony by bibie01(f): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmm, nice one T.Dan, thanks for the update. More of God's blessing n inspirations.

But av I forgiven Aisha? Lemme think aabout it, lol.

Much love.

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Trust u sis.... wait... 're u on whatsapp?
Thanks,Yes!
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice update,keep it up!!! Am waiting for another update oooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: My Crony by gbafched: 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
An over night change? Character is like a smoke, it will show

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Florblu(f): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Lol.... thanks boss!

BTW, Where's NANCYDEARIE, HOLUBUNMI, TEMMYTAYO20, FLORBLU, KINGPHILIP, LOGODWHIZ, HAMEENAT AND CO??
present boss!keep it coming!more oxygen to ur brain.

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Really loving this , more ink to your pen t.dan cool

Am loving the new aishat cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2014
T.Dan! U are a damn genius, these strory is full of suspense breathtaking!
Re: My Crony by Gamesound(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2014
Wow!!!! I'm loving this,,, T.Dan carry go nd pls don't look cos I gat Ur bck always..... thumbs up
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Ay!!!
yes.. M stil following.. Its jst fascinating
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Nancydearie: Thanks,Yes!
Add me up na.... cry 08038100629
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2014
hayurmidey: yes.. M stil following.. Its jst fascinating
Thanks dear... grin
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Gamesound: Wow!!!! I'm loving this,,, T.Dan carry go nd pls don't look cos I gat Ur bck always..... thumbs up
No problem boss! I trust you!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Fatalveli: T.Dan! U are a damn genius, this strory is full of suspense breathtaking!
Thanks boss.... This made me... cool
Re: My Crony by thepatroit: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM PLEASE O!

Lovers of T. Dan, please no one shud beef me cos I came here to say my mind and point out sum tins 2d writer.
I left guest mode jst bcs of him.

T. Dan, no doubt ur stories r interesting and captivating and u r very talented in bringing stories to life bt ur grammar and composition aren't doing anything 4me.

Some tyms wen I read ur stories, I'm lyk WTF! I can't evn differentiate wen one of ur characters is having a thought or talking out loud. Pls make use of italics 4d thoughts or bold them or sumtin.

Then ur composition isn't working 4me. While I understand rushing to write 2 entertain ur readers, I'd prefer u take ur tym 2 edit ur story b4 posting. Sumtyms d names r mixed up. Sumtyms I dnt evn get wat u r writing until I read it again and re-compose it in my head. I min y serve bread and tea wen u can take ur tym 2 cuk and serve delicious fried rice and chicken?

Please don't ask me 2 giv u examples cos it wud b 2 much 4me 2 write out. Bt one example is-
'He gave her a scary look'.

U r fond of using dis wen itsnt called 4 in d situation. There r many kind of looks dt wud fit perfectly in dose instances.

I cud go on and on bt I hv 2 stp here. I hpe what I call CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM wud b taken in gud faith. Some readers MIGHT nt get it bt being in the literary society, one jst can't help bt notice dese tins.

I luv ur talent and hw u input researches or personal experience into ur work. Kip it up!

Tanx

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crony by crazo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
thepatroit: CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM PLEASE O!

Lovers of T. Dan, please no one shud beef me cos I came here to say my mind and point out sum tins 2d writer.

T. Dan, no doubt ur stories r interesting and captivating and u r very talented in bringing stories to life bt ur grammar and composition aren't doing anything 4me.

Some tyms wen I read ur stories, I'm lyk WTF! I can't evn differentiate wen one of ur characters is having a thought or talking out loud. Pls make use of italics 4d thoughts or bold them or sumtin.

Then ur composition isn't working 4me. While I understand rushing to write 2 entertain ur readers, I'd prefer u take ur tym 2 edit ur story b4 posting. Sumtyms d names r mixed up. Sumtyms I dnt evn get wat u r writing until I read it again and re-compose it in my head. I min y serve bread and tea wen u can take ur tym 2 cuk and serve delicious fried rice and chicken?

Please don't ask me 2 giv u examples cos it wud b 2 much 4me 2 write out. Bt one example is-

U r fond of using dis wen itsnt called 4 in d situation. There r many kind of looks dt wud fit perfectly in dose instances.

I cud go on and on bt I hv 2 stp here. I hpe what I call CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM wud b taken in gud faith. Some readers MIGHT nt get it bt being in the literary society, one jst can't help bt notice dese tins.

I luv ur talent and hw u input researches or personal experience into ur work. Kip it up!

Tanx
kinda agree wit u tho
Re: My Crony by Jiteshell(f): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2014

Tanx

I agree and most times, its almost like you are trying to simplify everything to look like a secondary school composition. No doubt, you are good, very good but you can be better. Abeg make una no eat me raw o

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Hameenat94(f): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Im here bro.... My subscription finish ni oh... Kinda agree wit d criticism
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2014

Tanx
Learning never ends, I've learnt more today. Thanks so much ThePatriot, I really appreciate this. I'll ammend all ASAP. Btw, thanks for joining this family, u 're loved!!

Tee..

1 Like

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Jiteshell:

I agree and most times, its almost like you are trying to simplify everything to look like a secondary school composition. No doubt, you are good, very good but you can be better. Abeg make una no eat me raw o
Thanks Jiteshell, I appreciate this.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
crazo: kinda agree wit u tho
I don't like this boss... u 're a good follower and you've never ever raised something like this, it means u don't like me if u're waiting for someone to correct me before u do....

That's why I appreciate Hameenat, LogoDwhiz, PrinceAdepoju, Kingphilip and co....

Please, always get me informed if there's anything to be done.

BTW, Thanks so much for expressing your feelings, u 're loved!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hameenat94: Im here bro.... My subscription finish ni oh... Kinda agree wit d criticism
Thanks Hameenat, I'm gonna ammend all my ways, u re appreciated!
Re: My Crony by Jiteshell(f): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Thanks Jiteshell, I appreciate this.
you are welcome
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
For leaving the guest mode coz of me means a lot to me. I really appreciate everyone, this is a neccessary thing, I'm sure I'm gonna change and level up as fast as possible.

Thanks once again to all my lovers, Love u too!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.