Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806956 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Gosj01(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2018
You are invited for an interview for the position of a Secretary at ENERGYMALLNG on Friday, 26th Jan. 2018. Venue 6b, Bendel close, off Aboyade Cole,V/I. Time 1pm. Come with CV
Pls who can confirm if this is genuine?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by phykel(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ferrano Foods International is currently recruiting for the following positions.

1. Operations Manager (Male)

2. IT/Web Manager

3.Kitchen Manager/Chef Cook

4.Marketers

5. Driver

6. Dispatch Rider

7. Accountant

Interested candidate should send their CV to
ferranofoods@yahoo.com
Resumption Date is February 2018.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by leghe: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
davisglee:
Hello AMECHI JOY, based on your application to M.H.S via , pls note that you're required to come over for an Assessment Interview with the HR Dept on Friday 26/01/2018.
Time: 9am.
Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Do present a hard copy of your CV and a passport photograph and pls ensure to be punctual.

Need help/directions?
Call Admin: 0803-449-6175/6719
www.madehillssolution.com.ng
Pls I need help I also got this mssg. Is it real or those GNLD people. Help a sis pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by leghe: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
davisglee:
Hello based on your application to M.H.S via , pls note that you're required to come over for an Assessment Interview with the HR Dept on Friday 26/01/2018.
Time: 9am.
Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Do present a hard copy of your CV and a passport photograph and pls ensure to be punctual.

Need help/directions?
Call Admin: 0803-449-6175/6719
www.madehillssolution.com.ng
Pls I need help I also got this mssg. Is it real or those GNLD people. Help a sis pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Yongsim: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2018
Just got this email this evening from international medical Corps, which I applied for. But they said I should take a OPPT test and submit. And the link for the OPPT side involves payment and I have never done that and things that involves money like this I just want to be sure it is legit so I don't fall into the wrong hands. Please did anyone received this msg or knows anything about this? Please clarify me. Thank you

1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by PAnaceA7(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
JeGa1:
This is to inform you that you have been shortlisted, to be interviewed for the position of Marine Mechanical Engineer, for which you applied.

Interview details is as follows:

Date:    Friday - 12th January, 2018

Time:   10.00am prompt

Venue: Plot 19, Block 14, Jerry Iriabe Street, Behind Forte Oil Filling station, Lekki Phase

1, Lagos.

Company Name: Hudson Pacific Energy Limited

Kindly confirm your attendance by responding to this mail and please do come along with a copy of your resume.

Ask to see Anthonia on arrival.

Thank you. 

Regards,

Human Resources & Admin Department

Hudson Pacific Energy Limited

Plot 19, Block 14, Jerry Iriabe Street

Lekki-Pennisula Scheme 1

Lagos-Nigeria

please, help me confirm this

this can Neva be scam na.....hope u went and how long did you get a response from them after the interview.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dimmabina: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2018
Gosj01:
You are invited for an interview for the position of a
Secretary at ENERGYMALLNG on Friday, 26th Jan. 2018.
Venue 6b, Bendel close, off Aboyade Cole,V/I. Time 1pm. Come with CV

Pls who can confirm if this is genuine?

Got this too but my time is 11:00am

Someone please help
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by davisglee(f): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2018
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Please is this True or another scam,
I got this job invite this morning.

INTERVIEW with the HR DIRECTOR of BGN on SAT 27-01-18 at 4,Alh. Kareem str, 1st gate Agidingbi, Ikeja

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by teledola(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by CarlJhonson: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
leghe:
Need to try ! I was looking for work through Jiji, it was scary, but decided to try. Everything is fine wink
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by HIPROFILE(m): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
Just see how lives are being wasted daily

NO MORE OPERATION PYTHON DANCE

NO MORE OPERATION CROCODILE TEARS

NO MORE OPERATION SHOOT AT SIGHT

NO MORE OPERATION IPOB MUST DIE

God always has his way of vindicating his people (the Igbo's) in this country.

During 2015 general elections they vehemently refused this man and even warned other ethnic groups not to bring this man ( BUHARI) Onboard the governance of this country but what did they get Insults and all manner of name tagging.

Igbo's did not support GEJ because he's from south south but because they knew that out of the two options presented to Nigerians Buhari can never be the president Nigerians clamoured for.

Unfortunately the west and southwest didn't see this perhaps they where blinded on the gift of vice president
Now just look at where we have found our dear country Nigeria.

Not even the fight against corruption as being the reason most voted buhari has been fought it has even waxed stronger..our understanding on fight against corruption is very different from buhari's view for him its a fight against anyone who opposes him and or his government.

Its unfortunate to note that upon all points used by buhari to campaign against the past government to the hopes of hungry Nigerians yearning for quality leadership has met dead point.

Not naira has regained strength over the green back ( dollar) or had equalled to a dollar as promised.

Not the oil subsidy has been stopped nor its proceeds used to improve infrastructure or has any refinery build or old ones revamped.

As dumb as the government is, in the fight against insurgency the insurgents themselves have just defaced into a new movement ( the herdsmen) and had continually carried out mayhem on innocent Nigerians and the government being overwhelmed by nepotism and ethnic bigotry has refused to see that boko haram which they fight had just metamorphosed into the killer herdsmen...this alone proved that our leaders in the present government are either unintelligent and clueless or just being naive and adamant. And rather they seek for land in each state across the nation so as to spread the massacre ....what a government.

Come to think of it why should the federal government seek land from states across the country when the land they seek for is not going to be used for government business purposes rather for the grazing of cattle's own by an insignificant fraction of Nigerians elites and their foot soldiers the Fulani's. Doesn't this act alone explains that there's more to this than we think??

Life of Nigerians had not improved in any way since the inception of this government.

National security has remained under a huge threat.

Even as oil price on international market continued gaining yet we keep buying oil products at exorbitant price that is if we don't get hit with scarcity of these products.

No capital project has been seen or carried out by this government so far. Poor infrastructural development.

The rate of international Borrowing has increased in buharis tenure.

Not even the restructuring which they also mentioned in their campaign points has been carried out but only to revisit that and setup a committee that would end up with unimplementable outcome and this is in a bid to deceive the people again.

Elder statesmen and even the wife of the president had noticed and also mentioned in several occasions that the government of Buhari has been hijacked by some cabals.

This government had always blamed the past administration for its failure to implement any good policy. And I ask my self if there has been no error in the system Nigerians wouldn't have voted in a new government they would rather continue with the flawless government then. So Buhari's government was only invited or rather employed by Nigerians to fix things rather than blame the past government which Nigerian already know are not good enough to fix Nigeria's problems.

Now we can all see how deceitful it is to say I BELONG TO EVERYBODY, I BELONG TO NO BODY.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seyifunmi005(m): 1:53am On Jan 27, 2018
Get latest job updates and notifications
https://api.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=444199001&pid=uid3601-40501801-26&utm_content=productwidget%3A5a6b16e461d1dd0c4eeb796e&utm_medium=referral
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Vinans(f): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
pls guys in the house I got a mail for an interview. it say box office inside discovery mall 2 wuse, same premises as Johnny rocket please where is the place and is it genuine.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by piax(m): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Dear John Chukwuedo,

We trust you are fine.

We have reviewed your application, qualifications and experience and shortlisted you for the Field Finance Officer Position - based in our regional office in Abuja, Nigeria but with travel on assignment to Co-operating Partner Offices in Ghana, Cameroon, Senegal, Mali, DR Congo, Gambia, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe on need basis.

For the full Job description and remuneration terms, please see the attached Job description document (MS Word 2003-2007).

Find attached to this email our entry assessment form for new staff joining the organization. Fill it honestly and accurately and return the same to me as soon as possible as we need to fill the position very urgently due to work backlog in our office (by 30/01/2018).

For the position, the organization requires your latest Psychometric ICAPT score as per the desired qualifications but given the geographical separation, as the recruitment is being done here in United Kingdom, we are unable to conduct the same.

We request you to submit this together with the filled entry assessment form.

If your ICAPT is not ready, please fill and send back to me the new staff entry assessment form but schedule your ICAPT with an International invigilator including but not limited to the below invigilators and email me your score as soon as possible:

Janick Centre www.janick-centre.com

Bailey HR Consultants www.bhrconsult.com

Any other accredited ICAPT Invigilator is fine as well.

Please scan and email the certified ICAPT score to reach me on or before close of business, 30th January, 2018 if you would wish to proceed with the recruitment process.

Wishing you all the best in remaining application processes. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.

Kind regards,

Estelle Robert,

Human Resource Manager,

Action Against Hunger,

First Floor, Rear Premises, 161-163 Greenwich High Road,

London, SE10 8JA,

United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 20 38 68 88 22,

Fax: +44 20 38 68 88 11.

Email: recruitment@actionagainst-hunger.org.uk

Please how genuine is this invite?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Harrisee(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Sigpianpic Flow invite you for a Research/Capacity building interview 29-1-18 @ #5 Iwa plaza, off Igwuruta main roundabout, Port Harcourt, Rivers. Time:8:30am

Please help me check if this is legit. They are not online.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dnoable08: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
Please don't do this. It's fake
piax:
Dear John Chukwuedo,

We trust you are fine.

We have reviewed your application, qualifications and experience and shortlisted you for the Field Finance Officer Position - based in our regional office in Abuja, Nigeria but with travel on assignment to Co-operating Partner Offices in Ghana, Cameroon, Senegal, Mali, DR Congo, Gambia, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe on need basis.

For the full Job description and remuneration terms, please see the attached Job description document (MS Word 2003-2007).

Find attached to this email our entry assessment form for new staff joining the organization. Fill it honestly and accurately and return the same to me as soon as possible as we need to fill the position very urgently due to work backlog in our office (by 30/01/2018).

For the position, the organization requires your latest Psychometric ICAPT score as per the desired qualifications but given the geographical separation, as the recruitment is being done here in United Kingdom, we are unable to conduct the same.

We request you to submit this together with the filled entry assessment form.

If your ICAPT is not ready, please fill and send back to me the new staff entry assessment form but schedule your ICAPT with an International invigilator including but not limited to the below invigilators and email me your score as soon as possible:

Janick Centre www.janick-centre.com

Bailey HR Consultants www.bhrconsult.com

Any other accredited ICAPT Invigilator is fine as well.

Please scan and email the certified ICAPT score to reach me on or before close of business, 30th January, 2018 if you would wish to proceed with the recruitment process.

Wishing you all the best in remaining application processes. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.

Kind regards,

Estelle Robert,

Human Resource Manager,

Action Against Hunger,

First Floor, Rear Premises, 161-163 Greenwich High Road,

London, SE10 8JA,

United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 20 38 68 88 22,

Fax: +44 20 38 68 88 11.

Email: recruitment@actionagainst-hunger.org.uk

Please how genuine is this invite?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by piax(m): 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dt4omoh(f): 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
Pls how legit are they?

YOU ARE AMONG THOSE SELECTED FOR OUR JOB BRIEFING/INTERVIEW ON MON. 29TH JAN 2018 AT FICAN BUILDING, NO.19 OGUNLESI STR, ONIPANU B/STOP LAGOS BY 9am 07032973392
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oyas001: 3:25am On Jan 29, 2018
Based on your online application for employment and your submitted CV which has been considered satisfactory.

You have been invited for a written and oral interview with the Human Resources Management of HYINSCO INTEGRATED SERVICE

VENUE:HYINSCO OFFICE,No 4,2nd floor,upward sanitas outlet,Alara street off commercial Avenue onike sabo Yaba Lagos.

TIME 9:00AM

DATE: MONDAY 29TH JANUARY, 2018

Hence,lateness will not be tolerated as interview will not be conducted or rescheduled for anyone who comes later than 9am

Come with a passport photograph, relevant credentials and a print out/proof of this mail.

www.hyinsco.com.ng
+2347035343161
REGARDS
HYINSCO HR DEPARTMENT
Please some one should check this out for me.are they Real or not
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seyifunmi005(m): 6:06am On Jan 29, 2018
Lol: see naija celebrities before and after fame pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8VeUC4JEM
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fowosh: 8:06am On Jan 29, 2018
Tennorazy:

Help I want to know if its genuine please
how will u post something in this order without including the name of the company in question
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Akeey(m): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2018
HR ADMIN

Your Application has been Approved, You are shortlisted for interview MON.29/1/18 by 9am @32 Olufemi Rd Off Ogunlana Drive Surulere Lagos.080-64482272 VBT/REF1‎

I don't know if it d job seeking search I did with jiji d@ got me into this but last nyt this got to me but I don't seem to believe its a real biz
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by BenGur: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
Akeey:
HR ADMIN

Your Application has been Approved, You are shortlisted for interview MON.29/1/18 by 9am @32 Olufemi Rd Off Ogunlana Drive Surulere Lagos.080-64482272 VBT/REF1‎

I don't know if it d job seeking search I did with jiji d@ got me into this but last nyt this got to me but I don't seem to believe its a real biz
If you are not sure, do not take risks !!! See other ads on JIJI wink

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Mizjemie25: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
please I need direction to this place
292b Ajose Adeogun street Victoria Island from Sangotedo thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dt4omoh(f): 5:53am On Jan 30, 2018
Someone pls help I got this yesterday, are they real? I dont have t-fare to waste.
Base on CV review, you've been considered for interview on Tue 30-01-18 by 9am @ 2 Sunday Street, Palmgrove B/Stop Lagos
www.dovegreenglobalservices.com
MD3
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by agnesao(f): 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
What about something like dis, got this

Your CV meets our requirement.HR invites you for an INTERVIEW on Wednesday 31/01/18,9AM @32 Olufemi Rd,Off Ogunlana Drive,Surulere Lagos.CB/MD,SHOW THIS TEXT
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by JewelBukky(f): 6:47am On Jan 31, 2018
BabaIbo:
I need help on this message, is there anyone who got similar message or has gone for the job breifing?
what does job breifing means because I'm in Lagos and the job is in Abuja, traveling all the way from Lagos to Abuja is not something one should go without adequate reseach...

YOU are to come for a JOB BRIEFING with LIVE SOLUTION on TUE 23RD JAN 2017@3RD FLR,CROWNET PLAZA IDRIS GIGADO STRT WUYE ABUJA by 9:30AM
livesolution.com.ng
they are GNLD
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by nicelaw(m): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Very good evening to you honourable members of this group..
I got an invitation for interview tomorrow from "DOVEGREEN GLOBAL SERVICES". Please let me know should you have a tangible information about them.. Help a brother
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by phollybee(m): 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please help me Verify this... I'm Akure Base.. Should I go for this?
Further to your recent application for employment we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted for interview on 1st February 2018, 2.00pm, at the address below - No.9 Alhaji Musa Adesoga Close off Shyllon St. by Plamgrove bus stop, 1st turning after Total Petrol Station. 1st right turn after turning into Shyllon Street. Please confirm receipt and attendance whilst we are sorry for the late notification. Best regards
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shamsointegrity(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Entefrica interview..... wu had experience

went for Customer service representative job turn out to be networking job....

very pathetic...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Piuscharity(f): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
Alexdonphilip:
Who know this people...

Got this message today

Thank you for your Interest in working with Entefrica, We look forward to having you on board.

You are invited to a day training session on the 20th of January 2018

Time : 8am prompt

Venue: 1686b Oladele Olashore off Sanusi Fanfuwa, Victoria Island Lagos.

For further details, please call

On Jan 18, 2018 6:13 PM, "Akingbolu Olamide" <> wrote:

Please I need answer ASAP..

THANKS
please did you later honour this invitation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.