Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,429 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1812850 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lonelydora: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2017
2014 thread? Op, there is God oooi
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Cutie09(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
jude33084:
Please I need HELP! My friend in PH said he was sent a test message informing him to come to Lagos for an interview with C & I leasing company in Lekki phase one. Admiralty way I think.

Please does anyone here knows about the company?

PH is far from Lagos as we all know

Google the name of the company you'll see information either good or bad about the company if you've friends in Lagos begged them to do a research for you on the company good luck to your friend

God Bless any good response smiley
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Hayfeez(m): 7:42am On Mar 11, 2017
Be careful of jobs you apply for on Job websites as well, most especially Jobberman. Many of them are pseudo links for these stammers to get your contact.

I applied for some at a particular time. Just kept on applying and sending CV cos I felt there's nothing I'm losing applying.

Within days, I started getting SMS invite for chat/interview assessment in companies I never applied for, a little Google search of their address doesn't inspire confidence.

I never attended one though

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Engrgeneral(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2017
We all need to be careful with the urge to get a job so that we won't land into the waiting net of some of these MLM people.
Are you saying MLM isn't good?. You would not understand because you aren't in. Please check in depth and you will be educated that your ignorance will clear off
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by vesselchino(f): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2017
Rubbish GNLD pure scammers bastards
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dyangprof(m): 8:56am On Mar 11, 2017
LaurelP:

You're right
But no genuine company will hide its identity from you no matter how backward in technology they are
Believe me, if I see a genuine invite, I will know no matter d obsolete means used

Am an HR personnel, we dont include coy name wen sending invitation msg.

all you gat to do is to google d adress.

a genuine firm must showcase on goggle.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ImelJane: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2017
I just got one recently from Nuel Golden Step Resources in Asaba. Does anybody know of them?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by patonyx1: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Fadeyi too.

I attended one crappy job invite yesterday. undecided

You got a point there, but for how long do you seek clarifications. I think d op is right @ "hr0056" and.the likes title.
Anyway I am always wary of isolo, onipanu, mushin address on any job interview invite

FP tinz

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Odisco2(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2017
I applied for this job on Thursday and on Friday, I was invited to appear for an interview on Monday. how real is this job?

Good day, you have been shortlisted as an Administrative Officer/Business Development Officer at Lightheights Global Services, you are to come along with your C.V for the first round of the interview process(Testing) on Monday, 13th March, 2017 by 8:30am. Simply note that we will take timing seriously, Our address: 65, Allen avenue (Allen avenue -Opebi road), God's grace Building (2nd floor), First bank Bus stop. Thank you! (info/enquiries-08095602032, lightheights.com)
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ladyzinny: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Iam tired if being @ home studied Education/Agriculture
I stay in Kaduna
Ladyzinny1@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by piagetskinner(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ladyzinny:
Iam tired if being @ home studied Education/Agriculture
I stay in Kaduna
Ladyzinny1@gmail.com

there are many schools in kd that would be in need of agric teachers...and besides that, kaduna is a viable place for agro business
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by madukwe1(f): 6:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Please who else got this job invitation

After due consideration, the management of DIAMONDVIEW INTERNATIONAL Invites you for an Interview sequel to your job application.
Date: Tue 14th, Mar 2017.
Venue: No 6 Oyima street, behind Fidelity bank Douglas, Owerri, Imo State.
Time: 9am
Admin ID: WIZ-4470
Helpline:
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rukygbas: 7:50am On Mar 12, 2017
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Mstcambridge: 9:20am On Mar 12, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=I
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chibuikem93(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
I normally check the address on Google map to see if any company is located there. Most times, No company will even be related to the area mentioned.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emanodimo(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Reading the thread, a lot of job invites and interviews ain't responded due to some reason unknown to me. Please Nairalanders should helped others not to fall in side the same ditch.

By the way, if u are been sent job invite with a day interval don't go.

If u are sent a job invite check ur mailbox, if the name is available. If not, don't go.

If u are sent job invite with no office address, no fixed time, not traceable online, related to job advert with no specific OND, HND, BSC can apply..... Don't bother to apply....Unless u are ready for the task.

Some job adverts that require u to send cv, cover letter and credentials as attachment ain't real... so beware

Well-known, most of the scammer are here on Nairaland reading this like a job seeker. Don't be surprised, if they adjust strategy to lure others.

Wish you best of luck

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adeleke001: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dear Applicant,

Sequel to your application for a job opportunity, we would like to recommend you for an Assessment, Oral and Written test interview followed by the job duties and specifications on 13 MARCH BY 9 AM at our office Fest Height Limited

No 95, along ikorodu express road, Fadeyi bus-stop, fadeyi, Lagos.

Fadeyi is close to yaba / ojuelegba area of Lagos state, Nigeria.

You will write an aptitude test which will last for about 15minutes.

Then you will have an interview with the department manager. The interview will last about 45 minutes before the selection process begin which will last for about 1-3 hours. Please bring two passports, this invitation message for reference purpose and also the sms you will receive from CAREER PLUS, as well as a copy of your driver's license or any valid id card to the interview.

Be punctual.

Lateness will not be condoned.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact us by writing back to this email address hr.careerplusng@gmail.com in order to arrange another appointment.

We look forward to seeing you.

We are not affected by the holiday.

Best regards,

The Human Resources Desk

_____

http://acrng.com/

Please NL help me confirm this people oooo. Don't wanna spoil my Monday morning.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tope24(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Odisco2:
I applied for this job on Thursday and on Friday, I was invited to appear for an interview on Monday. how real is this job?

Good day, you have been shortlisted as an Administrative Officer/Business Development Officer at Lightheights Global Services, you are to come along with your C.V for the first round of the interview process(Testing) on Monday, 13th March, 2017 by 8:30am. Simply note that we will take timing seriously, Our address: 65, Allen avenue (Allen avenue -Opebi road), God's grace Building (2nd floor), First bank Bus stop. Thank you! (info/enquiries-08095602032, lightheights.com)

It is genuine. My former office is in that same plaza.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2017
Guys, I need your guidance here. This invite screams scam.

Sapiosexuality:
Good morning, Debbie. Please do you or anyone have any info on the company Marine Logistics.

Thank you for indicating an interest in a position in MLogistics Plc. We wish to inform you that you are been invited to take an assessment test. Please see details below: 

I was sent this invite:

Date:   Tuesday, 14th of March, 2017 Time:   9 am. Venue: FICAN Building. 19B Bode Thomas Rd, Shomolu LGA, Onipanu, Lagos.

You will be required to come along with a colour passport photograph and ONLY the documents specified below (Original Copies):

Identification document – Driver’s Licence, International Passport or National ID card

Birth certificate/ affidavit of age declarationO' Level certificate (WAEC and NECO with 5 C's including Mathematics and English)B.Sc degree certificate (Full-time with a minimum of 2.2 in any discipline)

Thanks.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Anitauj: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Please N/L i got this message this evening, is it genuine?

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kenerek: 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Many people do not get called for job interviews because of the poor quality of their CV. I have discovered where to you can get your CV written excellently for just Five thousand naira only. It also comes with free counselling on career ,relationships and peer pressure issues. All you have to do is to send an email to : info@kayceeinspires.com You can visit the Kayceeinspires blog for other success tips.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mindful01: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2017
who knows this coy

This is 2 inform u that ur 2 come 4 an interview on 26/3/2017 @ Kingstar Tech Ltd No-1,Kajegbo st,opp chicken republic eatery Challenge Ibadan. by 10 am.Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WenysAD(f): 8:11am On Mar 14, 2017
Anitauj:
Please N/L i got this message this evening, is it genuine?

I also got this same mail from them for same day as yours. I want to also know how genuine they are so I don't end up wasting my transport fare.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WenysAD(f): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2017
Adeleke001:
Dear Applicant,

Sequel to your application for a job opportunity, we would like to recommend you for an Assessment, Oral and Written test interview followed by the job duties and specifications on 13 MARCH BY 9 AM at our office Fest Height Limited

Then you will have an interview with the department manager. The interview will last about 45 minutes before the selection process begin which will last for about 1-3 hours. Please bring two passports, this invitation message for reference purpose and also the sms you will receive from CAREER PLUS, as well as a copy of your driver's license or any valid id card to the interview.

Be punctual.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact us by writing back to this email address hr.careerplusng@gmail.com in order to arrange another appointment.

Best regards,

The Human Resources Desk

_____

Please NL help me confirm this people oooo. Don't wanna spoil my Monday morning.

Bros did u later check them out or go to the place? I received same message from Dem and will like to know if they are genuine and not gnld people. Pls let us know. Thank you
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Femillionz(m): 8:16am On Mar 14, 2017
dyangprof:

Am an HR personnel, we dont include coy name wen sending invitation msg.

all you gat to do is to google d adress.

a genuine firm must showcase on goggle.

you are right...a genuine job vacancy from a genuine company must appear when searched on google
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ajanacool(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2017
Adeleke001:
Dear Applicant,

Be punctual.

Best regards,

The Human Resources Desk

_____

They are forever drug people. Whenever u hear bring two passports photo na them. just run. them sabi waste person time ehn!

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Akell(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2017
sequel to your application for the post of client service executive, you're hereby shortlisted for test and interview at aiico house, 2 oba akran avenue, opposite Dunlop on friday 17th of March 2017, by 10am. call ......... for further inquiry.

please who got same or knows what the role entails?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by onyebig1(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Pls N.L how authentic is this job
My fear is that they r holding the interview in a hotel far from the company.
Am in Abia and I can't spend tfare to Lagos just for scammers
Pls help out

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Zemiu: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
You've been selected for JOB interview 9am on Thu.16/03/17 at P$C, Oshin Street, Opp Lifeforte Int'l Sch, Bodija, Ibadan. Bacth PC8. Come with C.V, NO Lateness PETALS AND CAPEL IS FAKE DON'T GO THERE OOO BE WARN!!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD PUT IT ON FRONT PAGE
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ruhamah23(m): 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pls is this real or scam

Pacific Sol
You are short listed to interview with T.platform Nig. Fri.17/3/17. 9am
2 Akin Oshiyemi str, off Allen avenue, first bank b/stop, Ikeja Lagos.

pls somebody should pls help me confirm this

thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by babayug: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
hey guys. I just built a web app that detects fake interview invites( gnld and their likes) .

HOW DOES IT WORK

1. copy your interview invite text message /email.
2. Paste it on Fivor
3. Click the "detect" button

Fivor will tell you whether the interview invite is fake or not

the URL is http://fivor.tk

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.