Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806699 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by AnneOkoye(f): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
a leading engineering company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below in the administration department.

Job Title: Secretary

Requirements:
Candidates should possess an OND in any discipline,
Must have good communication skills,
Must be a computer literate,
Must be a female,
Must not be more than 25 years of age,
Must reside in Ikeja and Must have at least a year experience

Application Closing Date
28th February, 2017

How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should immediately send passport photographs and CVs to genspell@gmail.com

ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Qasimak1: 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
Tricycle business is a very lucrative business
in this era of recession/hardship in our
country, if you are in a very remote area you
can be getting something around #4000 to #
5000 daily after deducting daily expenses and
you can get fairly used of this tricycle for # 250,000 to #300,000 and to learn how to drive/
ride it is not difficult, if you're in Lagos or
Ibadan I get help you to get one.
my contact detail is
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by EngrBouss(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Contact me on 07087210933 for your software options with accompanying tutorial training videos. Check https://www.nairaland.com/engrbouss/topics for a more comprehensive list. Cheers

1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Akinfalzz(m): 9:09am On Feb 24, 2017
You are invited for a written test and interview on Saturday 25th Feb. 2017 by 8.00:am at the Head office of NewsDirect at 34, Aromobi Str, Blessing Estate, Gasline B/stop, Ijoko Road, Sango Ota. Please come with your CV. Ask of Seun 08069815558

Please nairaland, who knows the authenticity of this company and if real, how is their recruitment process like? Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iambiola(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Sequel to your Application Online,The Executives of SH NIG LTD Shortlisted you for Job Interview. Based on your interest to work in our company and taking time to submit your application information through our Client Organization, Our Recruitment Department has had a close look at your resume.

DATE: SATURDAY, 25th FEBRUARY, 2017
TIME: 9.am prompt

VENUE: NO 11, Association Avenue, Beside Maddy Supermarket, Ilupeju-Obanikoro, Lagos State.

Nigeria.

REQUIREMENT;You Are to come To The Venue With A Copy Of This Letter.
JOB OPENING IS FOR LAGOS RESIDENT
Who also got this invite..
please I want to know if it is scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 25, 2017
IT support Officer needed @ Jibowu
Pay 30-40k
Job description & skills needed...
computer literate
His/her job will be to provide first level support on deployed software
Would be taught all he/she needs to know.

Call- 09052545522
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 06013276dc(f): 5:41am On Feb 27, 2017
hollatunz:

Nice write up, criticizing what you have no basic idea of is tantamount to be a naysayer. I joined that same platform few months ago and I bet you can't achieve what I have achieve struggling in the employee quadrant.
Success is basically meeting Opportunity with open minded Preparations!
Have a blessed time.
There is still chance to know everything about the biz if you are done with the unavailable Job hunt.

can somebody fool everybody in that picture if its not paying more than the conventional JOBS?

#wehdohsir....you avent met your customer

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by robbea: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
From my inbox

Greetings from Lagos.pls help me share cos I know most of your followers are here in Lagos. its God that
saved me yesterday.I applied for a job via Jiji on Monday, on Wednesday I was called for interview in Maryland Lagos.I got to Maryland took a bike to the location for the interview. When I got to the lonely building in mende there in Maryland, Okada dropped me and left, no one to ask a question, I called the number that was attached to the message of interview to tell him I'm at the venue, he picked and said his men are downstairs, I looked around and saw two men, the looks on their faces was not funny.They asked me to open the message for them to see, I opened it, after Reading they said I belong to room one, that I should switch off my phone b4 climbing the stairs, I told them I'm not expecting any call, they said its compulsory.I asked them how long the interview will last and they said 3 to 4hrs, I was tired. I told them to give me a minute let me inform my pple that I won't be home early as I told them, l went towards the gate to call my sister, as I was answering the call two men came down making them four, they started shouting on me that I'm wasting their time that is like I'm not ready for the job.As this was happening a guy from no where came behind me all I heard was "my case is different "and I said so is mine.

He said he saw the winners bangle I was wearing that I should meet him outside the gate. I followed him, he asked what brought me here, I told him I came for an interview, he said I should thank my God that I saw him if not it will be a different story by evening.That I should leave the place immediately that the pple are using charms on pple. I thanked him and entered a bike that dropped one guy at the gate there and left. They called and called I no pick.This morning they sent a text that my interview has been rescheduled.Lets be vigilant with online Jobs I have not been myself since yesterday, have been on thoughts. But I thank God for saving cos I don't know what the story could have been. Don't post with my I.D
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SHARE UNTIL IT GETS TO EVERY NIGERIAN.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by erne: 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
In this current economic situation of the country, having multiple source of income is the best way out.
Are you interested in creating another source of income?
Do you want to be financially empowered?
**No shop rentage
**No unnecessary bills.
**Huge compensation plan.
Come and learn how to make money with Oriflame business.
www.oriflame.com.ng
Call/whatsapp:
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by femifaith(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Wonderful Thread... Please Post more of this thanks you

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by erne: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
JUNE 2017 NIPR PROFESSIONAL EXAM IN PUBLIC RELATIONS.

Lectures for Diploma/Certificate exams are in progress evry Satday-Sunday at Sunjem school, barracks bstp, Ifako-Gbagada.

Updated materials/pstquestions are available. Call:08139458588
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by westluska(m): 3:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Sequel to the application you made for the position of a Field Engineer, I hereby invite you for an interview at our sister office with the below details

Venue: HYT Consulting, 13A Fagba Crescent Opp Agindingbi Secondary School, Agindingbi Ikeja
Date: Friday 3rd March 2017
Time 12.00pm Prompt

Come along with a copy of your resume, photocopies of your credentials and a pen for a personality test

Regards,
Dipo

Please did anyone receive this message . And also I want to confirm if it is authentic. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dionizy(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2017
kehinde2015:

I was sent a similar one this morning, Your CV Profile is impressing,You are invited for a job interview on Fri 10/2/2017 by 9am at 98,Palm Avenue3rd floor,Beside Methodist Church,Mushin Lagos.REF:79
. pls is this a scam became I got d same massage this morning
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dionizy(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2017
bentech:
98 palm avenue hillstar building 3rd floor mushin, Lagos is it real
this forum is full of questions without answers

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by erne: 10:41am On Mar 02, 2017
We all need to be careful
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by emekajonny(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Plz help me check d authenticity of dis

Dear OKAFOR EMEKA ,your CV has been reviewed and you are shortlisted for an interview at MSGL,13,oladosu street,off toyin,ikeja by 9am on Fri 3/3/17. HR:Temmy
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Realex007: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Dear Candidate,

After reviewing your online application and resume. you have been invited for INTERVIEW @ Titanium Nigeria Limited with the human capital management on Friday 3rd March, 2017 by 9am at 2 Akin Oshiyemi street, off Allen Avenue opp sterling bank Ikeja Lagos.

please be informed you should come with two passport photograph,and printout of these mail.

Note; Dress corporately and be ensure to come early as lateness would not be regard.

HR.ZIMAS

Can anyone epp me confirm this?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by izzou(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
The first question you should ask yourself is "Did I apply for this job?"

Any invite that isn't detailed enough might be a scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Fidelsmilez89(m): 8:51am On Mar 05, 2017
Dgaffer:
We would like to invite you for a job interview in our office at 3rd floor 35 ojo giwa close,opposite jankara police post,lagos island.your interview has been scheduled for 17th feb. 2017,10am please bring hard copy of your cv and two recent passport along side thanks.Human resource Golden safeline properties ltd

Please, how real is this job invite
Please was yours real because I got the same, invite but slated for 6/03/2017
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dgaffer(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
Fidelsmilez89:

Please was yours real because I got the same, invite but slated for 6/03/2017

Sorry bro, i didn't honor the invite because i couldn't make my finding about them early....
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aji2000(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
ZLM INVITES YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW AS A UNIT MANAGER AT PLOT 7,LADEGA ST, OMOLE B/STOP,OJODU, MON. 6/3/17 BY 9A.M HR: ALEX 09069508920 www.zodiacmultiservices.com.

Pls does anyone know about this company? Need urgent response.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Memunah(f): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kixo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
Solidum Pharmaceuticals Ltd invites you for interview for the position of Medical Sales Representative on Wednesday March 8, 2017.
Time: 11am
Venue: Presken Hotel and Resorts, 16, Mojidi Street, Off Toyin Street, By Ecobank, Ikeja, Lagos.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt of this message.
please house, help me confirm if the above message is true as I will be embarking on a trip from Delta to Lagos tomorrow morning. thanks all
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emmerdotter: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
Beautiful, smart and intelligent ladies are required as marketing executives for an entertainment company. Interested and qualified candidates should send their full picture and CVs to skillmatchng@gmail.com. Share.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pellyceedorph(m): 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
This solidum pharmaceutical are they real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pellyceedorph(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
kixo:
Solidum Pharmaceuticals Ltd invites you for interview for the position of Medical Sales Representative on Wednesday March 8, 2017.
Time: 11am
Venue: Presken Hotel and Resorts, 16, Mojidi Street, Off Toyin Street, By Ecobank, Ikeja, Lagos.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt of this message.
please house, help me confirm if the above message is true as I will be embarking on a trip from Delta to Lagos tomorrow morning. thanks all

Mine is Enugu, Time 10.00 am, Venue: Fidelma hotel and am in port harcort
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by filadefia: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2017
another scammer

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lilshaddy(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2017
You have been scheduled for INTERVIEW & TRAINING on Friday, March 10th, 9am @ VANTAGE HUB, 2nd Floor, Mosesola House, 103, Allen Avenue Ikeja, 081 41 256 232

Please is this job invite real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Teeade22: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
There is an opening at a fabric company for an Executive Assistant/Store Manager.

Roles and responsibilities include:
A. Business Development
· Generating new business and sales from online and offline sources
· Initiating and reaching out to fashion designers, bloggers and other individuals
· Manage online stores - uploading products and responding to inquiries
· Booking and maintaining orders for tailoring services;

B. E-marketing
· Managing online presence on social media (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
· Maintaining customer relationship with new and potential customers through emails, text messages, WhatsApp, and BBM peridically.

Applicants must be fashionable, communicate clearly (writing and orally) and should have contacts (or be able to generate) contacts in the fashion industry

Qualifications: preferably OND. BSc Holders may apply

Proximity to Yaba/Surulere is an added advantage.

Remuneration: Salary is between 35k-45k depending on skill set and experience. Discounts on fabrics and tailoring. Commission on large businesses.

Working Hours : 9.00am to 8.30.pm on every day of the week other than Tuesdays. We are flexible on timing.

How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and a supporting document on why she is the best fit for the role to teeade22@yahoo.com.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Mstcambridge: 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement? Click the link http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=Iweze

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.