Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1808379 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Anybody here ever heard of Zeliant empreus? They send interview invite via text message... Am just curious if to honour the invite to Lagos or not because am in Kano
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Elixir2: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
After a close review of your application, the selection committee is very

interested in interviewing you among other well qualified shortlisted applicant for the advertised position.

This letter confirms that your interview will hold at the office as follows;

Date: 10th July, 2017

Time: 9:00am prompt

Job Id: HRUNIT/VIN

Venue: No.20 Ada george road,scanfrost building,2nd floor,opposite lemaco halls and gardens,Ph,Rivers state.

N/B:- A copy of this email will be presented as a means of identification in hard copy

Please write us to confirm your presence at the interview by replying

this mail invite

For further enquiries, log onto www.excelcoporation.com or call the HR department via 08060630797

Be punctual.

Regards.

Exls Port Harcourt Recruitment

Please how true are they? Need reply as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chidinmafaith: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2017
Due to your response to our vacancy post on facebook( ST STEPHEN COLLEGE) you have been shortlisted an interview on Friday 7th of July, 2017 by 9:00am at No.11 Monilola Oyeyinka Str off Ajibade Babatola Junction, Ajao Estate, Airport Road, Lagos State. Come with your C.V.

Pls, does anyone know that address. I want to b sure of what exactly they do here . I received two different invitations from two different colleges' vacancies advertised on facebook, for an interview referring me to this same address. St. Matthew college and St Stephen college. Thank u in anticipation.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by cindelinc: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
Emmatik:

It was sent around 11:50pm with a normal MTN line...I tried to call but but nobody picked up...I've been applying randomly though and I've never applied for NICON... I'm just kinda confused

verify each invite before u go for an interview. Google the firm + nairaland to see a report on them. that's how I verify firms. good luck. wish u a better opportunity in the future.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kingiscopee(m): 2:50am On Jul 08, 2017
yes but we can read your massage.....[i]yes but we can read your massage.....[/i]yes but we can read your massage.....
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Follow this link asap and earn from the comfort of your home its easy as ABC..you can even still do it whilst doing any other chores..it is not bad to make few extra dollars ..try it out today and share amongst your peers..what will i be if i dont share it with you lads..but ensure you have a chrome on the device you intend to use...http://74e6.sasdengi.top/345941650630/
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lextat09(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=damipluto post=57868712]please help me with this company, how real us it?

Dear applicant, in review of your CV from the admin, managereddy7@gmail.com ,The organization GM Integrated Services Limited has schedule an interview which will hold as follows.
Date: 28th of June 2017
Time: 9AM prompt
Venue: 8, Thomas salako street ogba Lagos.
Please come along with your credentials and a writing material.
Warm regards,
The Recruitment Team.
HR Edward. please help a brother

Please did you go for this interview? If yes,.was it real or not? Help a brother
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by odrims: 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
Details for a scheduled Briefing and interview notification on Monday 10th have been sent to your mail box.
Kindly check and prepare.
Rgds,
DeluxCareer

how far guys? is it genuine ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
I got this message from Zeliant empreus, could this be genuine pls ;
Prior to your Application ,HR Invites you for INTERVIEW on FRI 7/7/17 by 9am at 16 Ondo Street,Moshalashi B/Stp,Apapa Rd,COSTAIN,Lagos 070-5742-8390 BOSC/CH.
Show this message
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by odrims: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2017
Dear Applicant,
Sequel to your online application, you have been shortlisted for a Job briefing with the Human Capital Management team
Date: Monday 10th July 2017.
Time: 9.00 am prompt
Venue: 2, Akin Oshiyemi street, First bank b/stop, opp STUDIO 24, Allen Avenue, Ikeja.
Kindly note:
1. Be smartly dressed
2. Come with a print out of this invitation or have it
accessible via your mobile device.
3. Come with your updated CV
Lateness will not be tolerated. Accreditation starts at 9.00 A.M.
REGARDS,
Deluxe Hr

how true please ??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fabregas04(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lol, "Accreditation" D two above are GNLD.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by odrims: 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
fabregas04:
Lol, "Accreditation" D two above are GNLD.

loool ���
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by cjobia: 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Grand orchid organisation here to change our society we are same minded people with one common interest financial freedom earn 30% ROI within 30days sincere admins running the site join us grandorchidorg.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by smscruize(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
What is Bulk SMS?

To start with, SMS is the acronym for Short Message Service. This is the sending of messages from one electronic device

(sender) to another electronic device (recipient) through the internet or other applications.
Bulk SMS is the sending of message/messages from any device (with internet connection) to large volumes (hundreds/thousands)

of phone numbers, both foreign and local at once.

To send bulk SMS messages, you will need to make purchase of bulk SMS units from a reliable bulk SMS provider like

www.smscruize.com. The bulk SMS units could be compared to the airtime on your phone with which you

make calls and send messages. When you send your bulk SMS messages, an equivalent amount of units is deducted for the

message sent.

Bulk SMS is unique in several ways and that is why many schools like yours has adopted it as a tool for expansion. As a

school, you can use bulk SMS to make your school well-known, highly-successful, and impacting. Here are creative ways you

make use of bulk SMS to achieve your school’s corporate goals…

1. Promote your school to your community – You can get new set of students enrolled in your school by sending out the

achievements of the school in short message to a targeted set of numbers. e.g if the school just won a competition, you can

send a message to the people in that local govt area where your school is located. We have verified database of all local

govt in the Nigeria.

2. School fees collection – You can send a comprehensive breakdown of student's school fees and other levy to their parents

or guardian through bulk SMS.

3. School fees payment reminders – For parents who does not pay on time, you can use bulk SMS to remind them often instead

of telling the student to remind his/her parent.

4. Summer coaching announcement – Parents can be informed about the activities of the school during the holiday. like summer

coaching, music classes and lots more.

5. Student truancy information – Through bulk sms, you can inform parents about the performance of their child and invite

them to school for a meeting if need be.

6. School events announcement/cancellation/postponement – Bulk SMS can be used to announce to guardians, parents, students

and teachers about events to be held and ask them to get organized and prepare for it. your information gets delivered to

everyone at once. And in case any event is postponed/cancelled, you can also use bulk SMS to get the information across very

fast.

7. Plead for referrals – You can use bulk SMS to plead to the parents/guardians of students to refer other parents to enroll

their children in your school. You can give out discount to any parent that successfully refer someone.

8. Sports Day announcement – You can use bulk SMS to inform parents and guardians to prepare their children with the right

kits and clothing. you can also invite the parents to come and have fun watching their children display.

9. Impromptu closing time – If your school will be closing at a time different from the normal time known by the parents, It

is advisable to inform the parents/guardian about the changes. Bulk SMS can do this for you.

10. Library books overdue reminder – Use bulk SMS to remind parents of books in their child's custody that is due for a

return to the library.

11. PTA meeting – Use bulk SMS to announce to everyone concerned. You get maximum attandance if you do this like twice.

12. Fundraising – Bulk SMS comes in to help you let as many people as you want to know of your fundraising initiative

18. School re-open date broadcast – You can announce to parents/guardians the resumption date of the school so that they can

be prepared.

19. End of year party announcement – End of the year party can be announced to the parents using BULK SMS.

20. Referral to website – If your school has a website, you can send a bulk sms message containing your school website

address to refer the recipients to the website.

What you can use bulk SMS for are not limited to the listed ones, it is all about being creative. If you have not started

using this tool, then you need to quickly come on board. If you have a provider you are using before, but you always have

problems with delivery or probably the prices are to high, it is time to sign up on www.smscruize.com Our service is stable

and reliable, instant delivery and relatively cheap.

www.smscruize.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by CaptainBlaise(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
We have your contact(Business Manager). Pls, attend our interview on Thursday, July 14, '17 @ 10:00am. Venue: AIICO House Building, (1st Floor), 2nd Gate B/Stop, Plot 2, Oba Akran Ave, Ikeja.
Come with your CV & copies of credentials.
Confirm availability with your full name. Questions? Regards. Sam Akinsulere: 08022246813. FactBase Consulting Ltd, www.factbaseconsult.com

Please did any other person receive this text message? Would like to know if this is legit or not.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seunmarytemi(f): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
pls i wouldn't get information about this company online pls help

WE WERE IMPRESSED BY YOUR BACKGROUND AND WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO AN INTERVIEW AT OUR OFFICE AT OMOLE TO TELL YOU A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE POSITION AND GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

AS A BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER, YOU ARE TO WORK DIRECTLY WITH THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT TO TRAIN AND RETRAIN OTHERS IN THE ORGANIZATION. YOU WILL GO THROUGH A PSYCHOLOGICAL

ASSESSMENT WHICH IS BOTH WRITTEN AND ORAL BY THE BDM AND THE CEO OF THE ORGANIZATION. DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOW:

ADDRESS

: 7, BABATUNDE LADEGA STREET, OMOLE PHASE 1, OMOLE BUS STOP, OJODU, LAGOS.

DATE:      11th OF JULY, 2017 (TUESDAY)
TIME:     9AM PROMPT
HR:      DENE(08138570081)

A REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU VIA TEXT MESSAGE. FOR MORE INFORMATION/INQUIRIES, CALL OR VISIT:www.zodiacmultiservices.com

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU.

HR DENE
   FOR ZODIAC LINK MULTISERVICES
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kelzmas(f): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2017
Got this invite for an interview, please is this real
Dear Applicant,

RE:      INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW

With reference to the job advertised on the 6th of June, 2017, we thank you for your interest in our company.

You are hereby formally invited for an interview as stated in the details below:

VENUE:      BSL OFFICE SPACES

Plot 16, Kofo Abayomi Street,

Victoria Island, Lagos

DATE:        Thursday the 13th of July, 2017

TIME:         12noon prompt

You may contact Mr. Ifeoluwa Ojelowo on07031835715.

Signed Management

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:27 PM, Adamu Mariam Elizabeth <adamumariamelizabeth@gmail.com> wrote:
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Cooladex(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Please who knows anything about this people?

With regards to your CV, ICI Nig selected you for an interview on Wed 12/7/17 by 9am at 98 Palm Avenue, Hillstar Building,Papa Ajao, Mushin Lagos. HOD/HR/45

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by colossus91(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
please help me verify this ooo
After reviewing your Application, the Search Committee in Affiliations
with RESOURCE SOLUTIONS would like to Meet with You.

Office of THE HEAD OF ADMIN, 2nd Floor, Osolo way, behind Keystone Bank, 7/8 Bus-stop, Ajao Estate, Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road Lagos.

This is purposed to Interviewing You For a JOB BRIEFING.

The fixed date is WEDNESDAY 12TH JULY 2017 by 9.00Hours in the morning.

You may wish to Refer to the Company' Website for Further Background
Information.

http://www.livesolution.com.ng/

DESCRIPTION:

FROM OSHODI BOARD A BUS TO AIRPORT ROAD AND ALIGHT AT 7-8 CROSS OVER
TO KEYSTONE BANK AND LOCATE ADDRESS.

Regards,

HR DEPT.

You are required to either print This Mail Notification, OR present
soft copies of this Mail Notification For Confirmation and
Verification Purposes.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by yasirashraf100: 12:20am On Jul 12, 2017
thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by yugee4ambyngoddy: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2017
Good morning.
Please help me and verify this invite.

You're to come for JOB interview tomorrow 14/7/2017 at 3RD FLOOR CROWNET PLAZA WUYE ABUJA. TIME 9AM COME ALONG WITH YOUR CV AND THIS MESSAGE BKG/103/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ekele99(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Carinaflo(f): 5:30am On Jul 14, 2017
zicky:
Mail I got yesterday

Good day, the Human Resources Manager of PMC LTD invites you for a job interview. Venue: No. 98 Ada George road, PortHarcourt, opposite Tonninno filling station. Time: 8AM. Date: Monday, 9/1/2017. Come with your CV and your certificates. PEC/805
Good morning, did you attend? What was the out come. My cousin got the same invite this week and she is trying to decide if she should attend or not.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zicky(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2017
Carinaflo:

Good morning, did you attend? What was the out come. My cousin got the same invite this week and she is trying to decide if she should attend or not.
Your sister shouldn't waste her time, they are fraudstars
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by valinno(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thats right
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mixmic: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Hello house, pls help me out on this. I got this job invites this morning and am skeptical about it because the company name is not reflecting. I called d number on it and he said d company name is ACE NIGERIA.
Has anyone received this and hope it is not a scam?
CV Vetted and Approved.HR have shortlisted you for an interview on MON 17/7/17 at 98 Hillstar,Palm Avenue,Mushin Lagos,by 9am prompt 080-5660-4145 (HR- MD)
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello house pls who has any idea about any company at port Harcourt called Damite group of company? I googled and could not get any info

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.